PDA

View Full Version : ALMOST got shot by my neighbor!

nodigg
04-21-2006, 05:54 AM
So I'm out in the back of the house after dark unloading some wood for a project and decide to sit down and enjoy the quiet on my patio. Just got my feet up on the furniture and the tab poopped when I hear from behind in a booming voice, "HEY! WHAT ARE DOING BACK THERE! I turn around and my neighbor is on point with his hand gun! All is good after I say who I am and then yells to his his brother-in-law, (who was surrounding me with his gun drawn) "all clear".
Seems since my garage door was up, the Vettes were exposed and the light was on and my truck was not in sight, he figured I was getting robbed. I guess he is a good neighbor, just glad he didn't shoot first then ask questions! :) :p

NOTALENT
04-21-2006, 06:01 AM
Haha...damn...that could have been an ugly situation...lol...definatley nice to have neighbors watching over each other though.

GunninGopher
04-21-2006, 06:04 AM
Good on the one hand, but I wouldn't have had the guns drawn if I were them.
I'd have had one, though.

dicudmore
04-21-2006, 06:06 AM
damn neighbors...good they're looking out for ya though

ECeptor
04-21-2006, 06:28 AM
After getting broken into 2 weeks ago, I'd LOVE to have neighbors like that!!!

JetBoatRich
04-21-2006, 06:29 AM
Good and Bad to have neighbors like that :)

spectratoad
04-21-2006, 06:43 AM
Maybe they knew it was you and it was a training exercise. :)
Sounds like my neighborhood though. All of the guys around me are older guys, retired military and steelworker and don't take shit. I let them know when I leave town and I actually get reports of who came to my house while I was gone. I am retired military too but I am the baby on the block. :cool:

PowellScooter
04-21-2006, 06:50 AM
sounds like your neighbor is opening himself up , and possibly you to some serious legal woes... suppose it wasnt you, and the perp was shot... not your neighbors property, I assume you didnt contract with him to patrol your property. The dirtbag theif survives the gunshot and sues good sam the neighbor and you, living happily ever after on your hard earned dollars.... still the sentiment was in the right place if there were more neighbors like yours there may be less dirtbags willing to steal stuff

CBadDad
04-21-2006, 06:55 AM
then yells to his his brother-in-law, (who was surrounding me with his gun drawn) "all clear".
Gonna put themselves in a nice little cross-fire, huh?
Maybe you suggest to them next time to just pick up the phone and call 911 if they're really concerned...

wsuwrhr
04-21-2006, 07:30 AM
fine by me
My nieghbors are all in their 70-80's. I get reports but that is about it.

Big Warlock
04-21-2006, 07:47 AM
Dick Cheney is your neighbor????? :crossx:

Dave C
04-21-2006, 08:10 AM
damn trigger happy mofo's... tell them to put the guns away. Those yahoos are gonna scare the women and children. That shiat ain't necessary.
You better have a talk with those yahoos and tell them to take it easy. Tell em when they accidently bust a cap your uncle frank or aunt mabel, you're gonna be pissed. :rollside:

ROZ
04-21-2006, 08:24 AM
THey probably had a couple too many Wild Turkey doubles and decided to fucck with ya :D

RiverToysJas
04-21-2006, 09:50 AM
Like a good neighbor, Smith & Wesson is there! ;)
RTJas :D

buzzaro
04-21-2006, 04:25 PM
sounds like your neighbor is opening himself up , and possibly you to some serious legal woes... suppose it wasnt you, and the perp was shot... not your neighbors property, I assume you didnt contract with him to patrol your property. The dirtbag theif survives the gunshot and sues good sam the neighbor and you, living happily ever after on your hard earned dollars.... still the sentiment was in the right place if there were more neighbors like yours there may be less dirtbags willing to steal stuff
Never shoot someone you dont intend to kill, and of course make sure you do. :mad:

nodigg
04-23-2006, 10:28 AM
All good in the end. Now if he would just take his buggy and jeep out of the back yard. Instead of the lake, I see off road vehicles now! lol! Gotta love Havasu!

GRUNION
04-23-2006, 10:30 AM
Like a good neighbor, Smith & Wesson is there! ;)
RTJas :D
thats funny

Mrs.Racer277
04-23-2006, 11:03 AM
All good in the end. Now if he would just take his buggy and jeep out of the back yard. Instead of the lake, I see off road vehicles now! lol! Gotta love Havasu!
Hey!! Don't be eyein my stuff! Next we'll put a motorhome up on blocks back there! :argue:

Ntwotrance
04-23-2006, 11:08 AM
So I'm out in the back of the house after dark unloading some wood for a project and decide to sit down and enjoy the quiet on my patio. Just got my feet up on the furniture and the tab poopped when I hear from behind in a booming voice, "HEY! WHAT ARE DOING BACK THERE! I turn around and my neighbor is on point with his hand gun! All is good after I say who I am and then yells to his his brother-in-law, (who was surrounding me with his gun drawn) "all clear".
Seems since my garage door was up, the Vettes were exposed and the light was on and my truck was not in sight, he figured I was getting robbed. I guess he is a good neighbor, just glad he didn't shoot first then ask questions! :) :p
Damn neighborhood watch in Lake Forest!

GHT
04-23-2006, 02:05 PM
That's the way neighbors should be.... Very cool..

BajaMike
04-23-2006, 02:22 PM
Man, that's scary Rick....
:220v:

SmokinLowriderSS
04-23-2006, 02:22 PM
Never shoot someone you dont intend to kill, and of course make sure you do. :mad:
Yep, survivors are the result oif poor gun controll. :skull:

a catered life
04-23-2006, 03:31 PM
SEND him a case of beer for watching out for your shit :cool:
agreed :p but you may want to call before you bring it over :220v:

LHC30Victory
04-23-2006, 05:34 PM
It sounds like the lawyers have you scared! Either that or too much Meth is making you paranoid :)

nodigg
04-23-2006, 06:04 PM
Damn neighborhood watch in Lake Forest!
NOW THAT'S FUNNY!
Go wash your truck! :)

nodigg
04-23-2006, 06:06 PM
Hey!! Don't be eyein my stuff! Next we'll put a motorhome up on blocks back there! :argue:
I've been thinking about drving the ole' 65 International home from work and parking it in my backyard. He might get the hint??

Huckleberry
04-23-2006, 10:33 PM
If you get along well with him you might work out some type of code system to let each other know it is you. I had a neighbor who came up with this system. If one of us is outside armed at night investigating something suspicous and you hear noises coming from their yard, you say "APPLE." If the person on the other side of the fence says anythig other than "COBBLER" it's a dirtbag. If they say COBBLER, he too heard it and you know not to shoot each other. Worked real good for us.