PDA

View Full Version : What's the dumbest thing you've done...

Ziggy
02-03-2005, 11:09 AM
Think back to when you were young and did stupid things your parents would have had heart attacks from....something that easily could have killed you if not for luck.
My memory was jogged yesterday by an old family friend that bought a car from me yesterday.
There was a period of time around the age of 10 or so that I was enamored by the bow and arrow...had fun shooting inanimate objects with it. For entertainment I'd shoot that thing straight up into the air and see how close I could get it to land by me :eek: That wasn't so bad since I could watch and see it coming.
Then I got the bright idea of doing it at night :hammerhea after some time and having one land about 5 feet away I figured I'd better stop trusting luck...Mom and Dad wouldn't be happy if I came in the house with an arrow stuck in the top of my head.
What were some things you've done? I'm sure there are stories to be told with the wild bunch we got in here :2purples: ...fess up :p

WYRD
02-03-2005, 11:11 AM
There is not enough space on this board to post the things I have done that were dumb!!! :notam:

NuckinFutz
I bought a boat, and then another, and another, and another...Just where did all my money go?

Midlife Advantage
Think back to when you were young and did stupid things your parents would have had heart attacks from....something that easily could have killed you if not for luck.
My memory was jogged yesterday by an old family friend that bought a car from me yesterday.
There was a period of time around the age of 10 or so that I was enamored by the bow and arrow...had fun shooting inanimate objects with it. For entertainment I'd shoot that thing straight up into the air and see how close I could get it to land by me :eek: That wasn't so bad since I could watch and see it coming.
Then I got the bright idea of doing it at night :hammerhea after some time and having one land about 5 feet away I figured I'd better stop trusting luck...Mom and Dad wouldn't be happy if I came in the house with an arrow stuck in the top of my head.
What were some things you've done? I'm sure there are stories to be told with the wild bunch we got in here :2purples: ...fess up :p
Ice sliding on a block of ice down anaheim hills golf course at 19, hit a sprinkler head, the block stopped, my ass kept going. I think that is where my back problems really began....

UnionJack
02-03-2005, 11:20 AM
Walked up to the 4 Star **** of the coast guard while I was in boot camp and called him General..... It made my boot camp stay two weeks longer

Freak
02-03-2005, 11:20 AM
Hummm.
Lighting off a d sized solid rocket engine without it being in a rocket. - It did a loop and hit the back of my head burning up my shirt, hair etc.
Trying to siphon gas from a car gas tank with a electric shop vac.
Making a pipe bomb and packing it with a metal rod rubbing against the metal pipe.
Trying to remove the power from a primer cap with a screw driver.
Going out on a half frozen pond to get the dog. I fell in and almost drowned.
just a few.

Midlife Advantage
02-03-2005, 11:23 AM
Hummm.
Lighting off a d sized solid rocket engine without it being in a rocket. - It did a loop and hit the back of my head burning up my shirt, hair etc.
Trying to siphon gas from a car gas tank with a electric shop vac.
Making a pipe bomb and packing it with a metal rod rubbing against the metal pipe.
Trying to remove the power from a primer cap with a screw driver.
Going out on a half frozen pond to get the dog. I fell in and almost drowned.
just a few.
daham! you got any fingers, or hands left?

BarryMac
02-03-2005, 11:26 AM
Borrowed my moms 1978ish Pontiac Boneville, you know the big ass car with a whole lot of engine, drove it down the 2 lane road next to the house at a 100 mph in the rain, I was 13 at the time...
Oh and there are so many more, Ziggy, you and I will have to have lunch one day, we can compare all the stupid shit we've done...

Liberator TJ1984
02-03-2005, 11:28 AM
Sold my '68 Hertz GT-350 Shelby Mustang Gold w/white stripes :rolleyes:
After my Newly Wedded Wife at the time , said it was "Impractical " and we needed money for the house..... :rolleyes:
and yea I gave it away :cry:

Slick
02-03-2005, 11:33 AM
We used to play kickball/soccer, whatever you want to call it, in the alley behind our house with a tennis ball soaked in gas.
During the monsoon season, when the streats would flood, I'd dump a bunch of gas into the flowing water, run next to it and light it on fire. It was kinda cool having a river of fire running down your street.
Used to jump my bike off the roof of the house into the pool.
Took the neighbors 76 Monte Carlo to gas station to get smokes. I was 14.

Freak
02-03-2005, 11:34 AM
I borrowed the car at 14 and crashed it in the snow.
Throwing butcher knives at each other in the back yard.
We used to play tag and wear cleats and hide in the trees when someone would climb up to tag you - you would stomp on their hands.
The worst one that haunts me to this day is being faithful to my girlfriends in high school instead of banging her friends and all the girls that showed interest in me. (idiot) Stupid stupid stupid.

Freak
02-03-2005, 11:36 AM
[QUOTE=Slick]We used to play kickball/soccer, whatever you want to call it, in the alley behind our house with a tennis ball soaked in gas. [QUOTE]
Ha Ha we had a variation. We would make snowballs and soak them in gas. Lightem and throw them at each other.

HCS
02-03-2005, 11:37 AM
Craziest thing I did was street race. When I think back at some of the crazy shit we did in our cars I'm suprised I'm still alive. There wasn't a seat belt law back then either. We never put on our seat belts. On time we jumped my buddies Charger like on Dukes of hazard. We were doing 100+ and went off a jump in the road and lauched about 15 feet in air, when we landed the front lower ball joint snaped and we skidded to a stop. We were lucky the thing didn't flip end over end and kill us. That's just one short story. I have too many to list.

canuck1
02-03-2005, 11:39 AM
I think you should narrow it down to today, this week, this year, etc..

barbigrl
02-03-2005, 11:40 AM
Used to sneak off to TJ at 18 with my buddies and not tell anyone.....I could have been stolen and know one would have known where I was.....the list goes on..

HCS
02-03-2005, 11:43 AM
Used to sneak off to TJ at 18 with my buddies and not tell anyone.....I could have been stolen and know one would have known where I was.....the list goes on..
You bad girl. :D

miller19j
02-03-2005, 11:43 AM
When I was growing up my best friend lived across the street from me. We were always getting into trouble.
In his back yard was a rather large ornamental rock. Our goal as children was to blow up that rock. By the time we were about eleven the rock looked like something from the gaza strip, covered in burn marks but still standing (even after countless attempts to blow it up)
At about the age of eleven our explosive abilities had progressed to the pipe bomb stage. Through a little networking with a friend who’s dad reloaded rifle cartridges we acquired a pound of smokeless powder. The powder was loaded into a 2” dia steel pipe, had a rocket engine igniter installed, and was capped off.
We dug a hole under the rock to place our device (that is how it is done in the movies). Wired our device to our model rocket power supply and uncoiled the cord (maybe 15 feet long) We then got two trash cans to cover ourselves (safety first) and started the countdown.
When we hit 1 we blew that rock right in two, set off every alarm within 500 yards and has the police and fire department there within five minutes.
Looking back I have no idea how I lived through my childhood.

Newcastle
02-03-2005, 11:44 AM
About 12 years ago when Rollerblades came out...we'd go 'street skiing' at about 50 mph with the rope tied to the bumper of a buddy's pickup...nothing like taking a blind corner and not understanding how the whiplash could get you going...

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
02-03-2005, 11:46 AM
Here's one or two:
I was around 8 or 9 and was in the car with my sister and decided to see if the door would open while we were driving............ well it di right when we turned the corner......I went out and my sister caught me by my as$ :idea:
Needless to say she was pissed ....I was scared sh*tless but ok and not a scratch :rollside:
One year for 4th of July we lite bottle rockets..... well I kicked it over and it went right up my cousins pant leg...... :devil: Good thing though she had torn jeans cause it came back out above her knee.... a small burn but she forgave me a year later :yuk: :p

Newcastle
02-03-2005, 11:47 AM
OH yeah...and taking up smoking at about 8. I didn't know to inhale, but we'd sneak into an alley collecting 1/2 used cigarettes that we'd find on the ground on the way, then finish them off. I know, disgusting now that I think about it.

HCS
02-03-2005, 11:47 AM
When I was growing up my best friend lived across the street from me. We were always getting into trouble.
In his back yard was a rather large ornamental rock. Our goal as children was to blow up that rock. By the time we were about eleven the rock looked like something from the gaza strip, covered in burn marks but still standing (even after countless attempts to blow it up)
At about the age of eleven our explosive abilities had progressed to the pipe bomb stage. Through a little networking with a friend who’s dad reloaded rifle cartridges we acquired a pound of smokeless powder. The powder was loaded into a 2” dia steel pipe, had a rocket engine igniter installed, and was capped off.
We dug a hole under the rock to place our device (that is how it is done in the movies). Wired our device to our model rocket power supply and uncoiled the cord (maybe 15 feet long) We then got two trash cans to cover ourselves (safety first) and started the countdown.
When we hit 1 we blew that rock right in two, set off every alarm within 500 yards and has the police and fire department there within five minutes.
I use to do crazy shit like that too. We'd make are own guns, bombs or any other kind of weapon of destuction we could come up with.

Freak
02-03-2005, 11:50 AM
My friend used to drive around at 100mph with me on the roof outside tripping.

redi4fun
02-03-2005, 11:52 AM
We then got two trash cans to cover ourselves :2purples: (safety first) and started the countdown.
That right der is funny. I can just picture the scene. Where the trash cans at least the rubbermaid kind? :smile:

barbigrl
02-03-2005, 11:56 AM
OH yeah...and taking up smoking at about 8. I didn't know to inhale, but we'd sneak into an alley collecting 1/2 used cigarettes that we'd find on the ground on the way, then finish them off. I know, disgusting now that I think about it.
I used to do something similar...about 9 my friends and I would dress in all black and sneak out at night (thinking the black clothes would make us invisable) and smoke a cigarette (I stole them from my stepdad...not off the ground!) in the back alley!!

miller19j
02-03-2005, 11:57 AM
That right der is funny. I can just picture the scene. Where the trash cans at least the rubbermaid kind? :smile:I think we had one Rubbermaid and one Metal. If I remember correctly we fought over the metal one. God I have done so stupid shit!

redi4fun
02-03-2005, 12:00 PM
My stupid stunt was simple :idea: , took a dare from a buddy to jump my BMX bike off the roof of his house. Too bad I landed on the crossbar. Gave a whole new meaning to having balls the size of melons.
You have any idea how hard it is to hide your family jewels from your parents when they are that size?
After two days of pain I finally had to fess up and go to the doctor. On the ride to the office my dad could barely drive through the tears of laughing so hard. He will never let me live that down. :D

Freak
02-03-2005, 12:01 PM
My stupid stunt was simple :idea: , took a dare from a buddy to jump my BMX bike off the roof of his house. Too bad I landed on the crossbar. Gave a whole new meaning to having balls the size of melons.
You have any idea how hard it is to hide your family jewels from your parents when they are that size?
After two days of pain I finally had to fess up and go to the doctor. On the ride to the office my dad could barely drive through the tears of laughing so hard. He will never let me live that down. :D
LMAO

miller19j
02-03-2005, 12:08 PM
The other one that comes to mind is when we decided to arm my BMX bike with a Missile.
We took a model rocket and installed a pushbutton in the nosecone, hooked that up to a big capacitor on one end and a rocket igniter on the other end. Then filled the rest of the cavity with gunpowder. The capacitor was charged by a battery on the bike that also hooked up to the main engine igniter of the rocket to launch it when a button was pushed on the handlebars.
The rocket was mounted to a straitened coat hanger duct taped to the frame.
The first launch was at a dumpster, and unfortunately we missed the dumpster and hit a tree about 20 yards from it (our guidance system needed some work). The explosion was rather small but did light a portion of the tree on fire. Causing the fire department to be called.
We had a couple of other prototypes but most of them failed. One caused a trip to the emergency room and taught me what 3rd degree burn meant.

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
02-03-2005, 12:13 PM
Oh sh*t........... that's funny!!!!!

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
02-03-2005, 12:18 PM
I've got a funny one.... may no be the dumbest thing but it's funny............
I can remember being in grade school and I was so curous what was so different from boys privates then girls so I told my best friend ( who was a year older and a boy) to let me see it and I'd show him my boobie ( not an even trade back then ;) ) So we went behind my dog house and did the show n tell thing !!! :D No wonder why I like to flash on the boat..... LOL http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_115v.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZNxdm79987US')

lurid
02-03-2005, 12:23 PM
played catch with a lit tennis ball until the container we were using for the gas caught on fire and started to light the house on fire. kicked the can away from the house and the gas sprayed onto my buddies head. he had to jump in the pool. he had 2 degree burns on his ears. we hid out for about 3 hours before going home (9th graders) grounded for months. Stupid Stupid

Mrs.Racer277
02-03-2005, 12:26 PM
Ice sliding on a block of ice down anaheim hills golf course at 19, hit a sprinkler head, the block stopped, my ass kept going. I think that is where my back problems really began....
OMG Was this the park with the concrete slides??????

lurid
02-03-2005, 12:32 PM
funny now but not when I was 15 and a lot smaller. fooling around with a juniors girlfriend from another school :hammerhea . he spent the next 6 months or so trying to find this Mike guy was :mad: . I would see him but he never suspected it was me

Ziggy
02-03-2005, 12:41 PM
I think we had one Rubbermaid and one Metal. If I remember correctly we fought over the metal one. God I have done so stupid shit!
I knew we'd get some great stories from this crowd...these are all hilarious... :D :D Amazingly we all survived the dumb moves. So many to tell.
Miller, I hope the trash cans were at least washed out first :p I can picture you with a banana peel helmet :rollside:

BADBLOWN572
02-03-2005, 12:42 PM
Filled a mylar baloon full of acetalyn from a cutting torch and installed a cannon fuse in the neck of the baloon. Buddy let it go in the back yard of his house but it didn't get up high enough. When it blew up, it was so loud that he could not hear anything for a couple of hours, cops came (he ran, but got caught and ratted me out), and eventually had to face our parents. :(
Hopped in a client's race car and took it for a spin not knowing that they had not blead the brakes since the last time it was ran. OOPS! 15 at the time. :(

topless
02-03-2005, 12:48 PM
I put my little brother in the dryer.............and turned it on!!!! I got in sooooooooo much trouble!

Ziggy
02-03-2005, 12:57 PM
I put my little brother in the dryer.............and turned it on!!!! I got in sooooooooo much trouble!
Sheesh, you were a bad girl weren't you? :p :p

Powerquestboy
02-03-2005, 12:59 PM
Playing with Fireworks and lit the Fire Cheif's yard on fire! We actually ended up stomping it out but I was so scared I imediatly went home. Not wanting to get into trouble I took my shoes off (Chuck Taylor's All Stars of course) to clean them and my socks had to little holes burned into them from the round metal vents that were in the side of those shoes.

RiverRatMike
02-03-2005, 01:43 PM
I think the most stupidest thing I have ever done was to by a bombardier :hammer2:

99 232 baja
02-03-2005, 01:52 PM
Driving my brand new truck across a frozen lake at 2:00 am , on the way home from the bar. I was very lucky the ice didn't break if it did there was nobody around at that time of night. Makes me shudder thinking about it.

topless
02-03-2005, 01:58 PM
Sheesh, you were a bad girl weren't you? :p :pYes I was. Still am at times. :D

Sleek-Jet
02-03-2005, 02:02 PM
... Causing the fire department to be called.
Did they know you by name???
The first launch was at a dumpster, and unfortunately we missed the dumpster and hit a tree about 20 yards from it (our guidance system needed some work).
This worries me... I hope you got better at this. :D

fat rat
02-03-2005, 02:28 PM
Recently.......working late and long, tightend the screw on my utility knife with my screw gun on full clutch..........blade out, I was totally lucky. :hammerhea
Done a bunch of stupid $hit when I was young.....................happy to still be around. :cool:

hotlavey
02-03-2005, 02:56 PM
Geez, you people are driving boats on the River? Think I'll head for the desert and prospect for Lizards. :boxed:

RiverOtter
02-03-2005, 03:00 PM
Kinda hard to narrow it down to just one. :rolleyes:

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
02-03-2005, 03:04 PM
Here's a recent one......
in the batting cages w/ my 5 year old :cry: :rollside:

BarryMac
02-03-2005, 03:04 PM
I bought a boat with a windshield once... :D :D :D

SHOTKALLIN
02-03-2005, 03:26 PM
when I was in elementary school we had a huge walnut tree in our back yard. We had a neighbor 2 doors down, who had antique decorative windwills on the roof of his garage. They were the type that were shaped like a old man cutting wood or a duck with wings that would spin in the wind. (anyway you get the picture) O.K. walnuts grow in a hard green pod the size of a small lime. One day my crew filled up a couple of buckets with walnuts and climbed up on the roof to see who would be the first to hit the windmill. Well, after several buckets of walnuts the windmills were pretty beat up. My crew went home and then there was the dreaded knock at the door. We had the only walnut tree in the neighborhood. DUHHHHHH! where the fock did it look like they came from??? Lets just say I couldn't sit for a week. . :hammerhea
I learned not to do dirt when all fingers will be pointed at you.

repo man
02-03-2005, 03:50 PM
when i was 17 i caught a rattlesnake and put it in the trunk of my camero so i could show it to my buddies. well when i got there it wasn't in the trunk anymore.after about an hour of searching i found it under the drivers seat and it was pissed.i'm lucky i didn't get bit.

repo man
02-03-2005, 03:52 PM
i also shot an apple off my buddies head with a .308 at night

simple
02-03-2005, 03:55 PM
:messedup:

NashvilleBound
02-03-2005, 04:09 PM
There is not enough space on this board to post the things I have done that were dumb!!! :notam:
I would have to agree with that statement for sure...but the dumbest would have been selling full auto and silenced weapons to an undercover ATF agent.... DUH......that was bad....bad for a long time. :notam:

ECeptor
02-03-2005, 05:36 PM
That's easy - fell in love with my now ex-wife! Cost me untold $$$ and wasted 9 years of my life!

Debbolas
02-03-2005, 05:44 PM
Craziest thing I did was street race. When I think back at some of the crazy shit we did in our cars I'm suprised I'm still alive. There wasn't a seat belt law back then either. We never put on our seat belts. On time we jumped my buddies Charger like on Dukes of hazard. We were doing 100+ and went off a jump in the road and lauched about 15 feet in air, when we landed the front lower ball joint snaped and we skidded to a stop. We were lucky the thing didn't flip end over end and kill us. That's just one short story. I have too many to list.
When I think of all the stupid/crazy things I've done....I am convinced there are angles watching over over us........Dam.............. :D
Skinny Dipped in the Pacific Ocean, by Bolsa on the last day of high school
Drove way too fast in my car..........
Horseback riding, bareback at night........
Jumped off the Santa Monica Pier............
Rock climbed topless(rock climbed while topless, not on top of her)..........
Jumped from one of the Long Beach bridges into the channel, to catch up with my boyfriends boat...
That's all I can think of now............ :D

fat rat
02-03-2005, 06:38 PM
It's all about being around later to talk about it..............ride my bike standing on the seat. :D

Debbolas
02-03-2005, 06:41 PM
:D
then we skied in the channels behind the Long Beach Power Plants, that can't be good for you!!!
lol :D

coolchange
02-03-2005, 06:44 PM
Did a lot of stupid death defying stuff but one of the funniest was going in the storm drains under a major street. ( Sepulveda blvd.) We'd take our bikes down there and ride and took mini bikes one time. We'd go to the intersection of Devonshire and Sepulveda and go up to the gutter drains and when a car would stop with the passenger window down we'd throw stuff in the window. Driver couldn't see where it was coming from and a few times we'd hear the drivers yellin at the people standing on the corner or waitting for the bus. :argue:

Kim Hanson
02-03-2005, 07:07 PM
Drove way too fast when I was younger, cheated on way too many girl friends ( lots and all of them ). Tried to surf down a water slide and broke my tail bone on the end of the slide :cry: Packed golf course and snuck in a quicky waiting for our turn to tee off :cool: Way too many stupid things to do all of them.........( . )( . ).............. :D

DogHouse
02-03-2005, 07:12 PM
I registered on the ***boat websight one time.
:D

Goldilocks
02-03-2005, 07:49 PM
I never did anything wrong when I was young :D
Truthfully, I really didn't. I think the worst thing my parents found out about was my fake id.....and then they didn't even take it away :D

Debbolas
02-03-2005, 08:06 PM
I never did anything wrong when I was young :D
Truthfully, I really didn't. I think the worst thing my parents found out about was my fake id.....and then they didn't even take it away :D
Your such a good girl..............untill the lemon drops................ :D
Lemon Drops + Goldilocks = Potty Mouth :2purples:

Rexone
02-03-2005, 11:38 PM
In the back yard one day my best friend bet me I couldn't hit his brother in the back with a dart at about 25 yards.
I won the bet. Bulls eye. Blood everywhere.
His brother was more than a little pissed. I didn't come around for about a month.

Rexone
02-03-2005, 11:42 PM
I did alot of dumb shit. One more. Me and my buddy (different buddy) hiked up in the canyon above my house and found a few salamanders in the stream. Like about 500 of em. Being the collector of everything imaginable from birth we went home and got buckets...several. We let several hundred of them go in my back yard. My parents were PISSED. We had salamanders live and dead everywhere for about 2 years following. I was such a dumb ass.

FMluvswater
02-04-2005, 01:22 AM
Passive stupidity is still stupidity. :D When I was about 7 years old, myself, my older more sophisticated friend (she was 8 :rolleyes: ), and her two little sisters were all sitting in her family's station wagon - a woody :cool: . It was summertime. It was hot. The inside of the car was really hot but the windows were rolled down. Well anyway the front seat had a tear in the fabric and my friend was poking around at it and gouging out bits of sponge. She declared she could light a rather large piece of the sponge on fire, get out of the car before it finished burning and not burn her fingers. I sat there and nodded and watched in awe as she lit it. I'm not real sure exactly what happened next except that it was scary and her family's car blew up - less than 20 feet from the house. I recall the burned skeleton of the car sitting in her driveway for a period of time afterward. I think the only injury was my friends fingers - she did burn them. She was apparently wrong about her speed capabilities (well understood here of all places I'm sure, lol :wink: ) but thankfully we all lived. :) I shoulda done what I was well known at the time for doing ... I shoulda tattled on her or at least threatened to! :redface: Poor woody. :(

BarryMac
02-04-2005, 06:21 AM
Passive stupidity is still stupidity. :D When I was about 7 years old, myself, my older more sophisticated friend (she was 8 :rolleyes: ), and her two little sisters were all sitting in her family's station wagon - a woody :cool: . It was summertime. It was hot. The inside of the car was really hot but the windows were rolled down. Well anyway the front seat had a tear in the fabric and my friend was poking around at it and gouging out bits of sponge. She declared she could light a rather large piece of the sponge on fire, get out of the car before it finished burning and not burn her fingers. I sat there and nodded and watched in awe as she lit it. I'm not real sure exactly what happened next except that it was scary and her family's car blew up - less than 20 feet from the house. I recall the burned skeleton of the car sitting in her driveway for a period of time afterward. I think the only injury was my friends fingers - she did burn them. She was apparently wrong about her speed capabilities (well understood here of all places I'm sure, lol :wink: ) but thankfully we all lived. :) I shoulda done what I was well known at the time for doing ... I shoulda tattled on her or at least threatened to! :redface: Poor woody. :(
Hehehe, FM said Woody...

mike37
02-04-2005, 06:24 AM
that was some fun stuff we did that at a golf course in PV
it sure F up the coures

BADBLOWN572
02-04-2005, 09:21 AM
My friends and I liked to raise hell. One of the things we did was to get the old school fire extinguishers, that you could take the caps off of and fill with whatever you wanted, and fill them up with freezing water. Pressurize the extinguishers with an air compressor and walla, perfect high pressure water gun. We would drive around and if someone cut us off or pissed us off, we would spray the crap out of them. It was the best when someone had their window down. Spray them and then bolt. Lucily my friend had a lifted suburban back then so we could go over pretty much anything. Constantly watched people rip the front ends off of their cars trying to chase us.
The killer was one time the cops showed up at the door of our friend's house looking for the owner of the suburban. Someone got our liscense plate number. Since there were two of us, we simply denied it and they couldn't prove anything so no big deal, but got us thinking of other ways to do to raise hell....And the saga continues.....

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 09:23 AM
I have to admit.. I was a good girl .. ;) so I don't know what happen. :jawdrop: ;)

ratso
02-04-2005, 09:45 AM
Hehehe, FM said Woody...
...beat me to it. :D

bocco
02-04-2005, 10:01 AM
The other one that comes to mind is when we decided to arm my BMX bike with a Missile.
We took a model rocket and installed a pushbutton in the nosecone, hooked that up to a big capacitor on one end and a rocket igniter on the other end. Then filled the rest of the cavity with gunpowder. The capacitor was charged by a battery on the bike that also hooked up to the main engine igniter of the rocket to launch it when a button was pushed on the handlebars.
The rocket was mounted to a straitened coat hanger duct taped to the frame.
The first launch was at a dumpster, and unfortunately we missed the dumpster and hit a tree about 20 yards from it (our guidance system needed some work). The explosion was rather small but did light a portion of the tree on fire. Causing the fire department to be called.
We had a couple of other prototypes but most of them failed. One caused a trip to the emergency room and taught me what 3rd degree burn meant.
After your story about blowing up the rock I could only read the first line. Then I was laughing to hard to read the rest.

FMluvswater
02-04-2005, 12:46 PM
Hehehe, FM said Woody...
LMAO! Wow powers of observation running rampant around here! :rolleyes: :wink: You guys made me laugh. :D Thanks. :)

Ivan Dan
02-04-2005, 01:10 PM
My genious friends and I got the bright idea to put "things" on the rail road tracks down off of Crowther/Orangethorpe area in Placentia. We put so many different things on the tracks but the most memorable was an OC Register Newpaper machine which exploded, an old washing machine which was pretty much demolished and a Home Depot Shopping cart which wedged itself under the train bringing it to a stop.
YA i know.....this was VERY stupid and could have caused a train to derail. We later found out that tampering with the tracks like that is a Federal offense and we would pretty much go straight to prison for it. Needless to say we didn't do that ever again.

Hallett19
02-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Filled a fountain of the Red Lion hotel (now the Hilton) in Glendale CA on the corner of Glenoaks and brand with 3 gallons of Palmolive and 3 Lbs of powdered laundry detergent, went back to take pictures of the suds 15 ft into the intersection and the groundskeeper ID'd my car, cops got us, arrested 6 minors, impounded my car.... that sucked.

Dribble
02-04-2005, 03:15 PM
Rode that last wheelie. :eek: :eek: :eek:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/365DCP_0040.jpg

Freak
02-04-2005, 04:58 PM
We liked to ride out bmx bikes to different Mcdonalds and throw a lit pack of matches in the dumpster. Talk about a grease fire. 30ft flames.

Freak
02-04-2005, 04:59 PM
Damn was that a leg bone? Gotta a few pins there?

MOBrien
02-04-2005, 05:01 PM
3 weeks after I turned 18................ :hammerhea
at a buddies house on a weeknight getting hammered because his mom was out of town. Another friend and I scoped out a construction site in a residential neighborhood several days earlier that had a HUGE steamroller on it with an unlocked lockbox. Keep in mind, this piece of equipment was approx 3 miles away from where we were partying. Anyhow, we went over there and figured out how to start it. Once it was fired up, we began driving it around the neighborhood with the intention to make it back to our party. Yes, bets were made before we left on our mission that we'd never make it back with the steamroller. Well, in between us and our destination is a stop light that is an intersection of 4 lanes in each direction...totalling 8. There's also a fire station on one corner and a church on the other. We sent our other friend that drove us over there to drive up to the stoplight and count the time it took to change to green once he triggered the sensor. He did that and drove back to us as we waited on the hill about 1/4-1/2 mile away. So we went for it knowing that it had to be timed just right so we weren't sitting at the intersection on this HUGE, and I do mean HUGE steamroller. This thing had like 6' high barrel wheels and a ladder you had to climb to get to the driver's seat...HUGE. Not one of those little dinky ones. So we're cruising down the hill along side my buddy in his camaro and we make the call to send him to the trigger spot ahead of us to get the light to change. We pour on the power....all of about 3 mph in the beast :rolleyes: , slamming the steam button, making so much freaking noise with the metal wheels clanking on the street. We hit it perfectly. Right as we hit the crosswalk, the light turned green and we went on through. Now we've entered main roads...of which we're on a 4-laner. OK, I should tell you....it's about 12midnight and not only am I blitzed, but I'm wearing this stupid greenish tweed leprechaun-lookin hat and lookin stupid. We proceed up the road about another half mile and turn into the neighborhood where our party is at. When we turned into my friends' street, we then took aim to all of his neighbors trashcans...the old school aluminum ones. Yep, sure flattens those right out. Makes a crapload of noise though....so much that our awaiting party pours out of the house because they thought there was a huge car crash outside....nope, just us on this steamroller with a path of trashcan destruction behind us. Everyone looks at us like......"NO WAY DID YOU GUYS MAKE IT BACK THIS FAR WITHOUT GETTING CAUGHT." Well, we decide we need to ditch this thing because we made our point and took the cash bets that were against us and don't want to get caught. So we ditch it three streets over and head back to the party. Well, next thing we know, two of our other friends are now on the steamroller driving it in the greenbelts behind the house. What they didn't know is that the cement pathway they were driving on.....was turning to rubble behind them. Then they hit a light pole and ran it right over. We were all pretty PO'd because at that point we had gotten away with our little prank. Then these peckers pull back in front of the house, park it, leave it running, jump in their cars and take off. So, me and the original joy-rider jump back on it to get rid of it so we don't get everyone busted. Oh yeah, now some of the other neighbors have also come out of their houses because of all the noise only to notice they have silver pancakes instead of trash cans at the curb. Yep, they're really pissed. So now, me and my buddy are more loaded because it's been like 1.5 hours and several more drinks later, but we're back on the steamroller trying to get it back to it's original location. Yep, we're now heading down that same 4-laner toward the firestation and 8-lane intersection. We got to be about 1/4 mile from it and we start to hear sirens....and lots of 'em. :2purples: :eek: :2purples: Then we see flashes from around the unlit streetcorner and we realize......."Oh shit, they're coming for us!" Then the cops hit the corner..one, two, three, four, ...five cars!!! One after another in a row, all getting sideways, smokin the tires, sirens blaring, lights flashing....coming right at us like a sick game of chicken in an old Dukes of Hazzard episode!!!
So what do we do?
That's right, we jump from the damn steamroller and take off on foot. Believe me, you can't outrun an old man on a Lark in a steamroller let alone a police cruiser. So now we're running into the neighborhoos where my buddy lives that's having the party. Within that neighborhood is a man-made lake with electric boats on it and stuff. But it's close and I'm thinking........."Get to the water man, get to the water!! It's dark, close, and they'll never catch me if I reach the water." Well, those coppers had they're hands full because yep, you guessed it.............we left the steamroller ghostriding down that 4 laner....down hill right at 'em!!! It was the only diversion we had to buy us some time. Well, it bought us some............but apparently not enough. So I'm sprinting full speed through bushes, front yards, backyards, over fences, between houses............."just get to the water man, just get to the F-ing water and you're safe!!!" I know exactly where I'm going and just need to cross this one residential court and get to the dirt path behind the houses that takes me right to a dark part of the lake...only about 75 yards away. FREEEEEEEEZE MUTHER F-ER!!!!! DON'T YOU F'ING MOVE!!!!!!!!! FREEEEEEEEEEZE GAUD DAMNIT!!!! Oh crap. I'm in trouble. So there I am, huffing and puffing like a smoker after a 100yd sprint, it's very cold so my breath looks like fire out of a dragon, I'm wasted, and I'm wearing that stupid green tweed leprechaun hat lookin like an idiot. Cop says to me.....with his pistol aimed at my face from about 15yds....... "whaddy doin out here young man?" I say "nothin, why what's goin on?" while I struggle to catch my breath. He says, "turn the F around and put your hands on the wall" Next thing I know I'm literally thrown in the back of his squad car and I get the movie-like good cop/bad cop interrogation routine for about 3 hours then they let me go on my own recogniscense only to end up in the Robert Downey Jr. (aka Malibu) Courthouse about 15 times trying to avoid going to jail for being dumb.
THAT'S BY FAR THE STUPIDEST THING I'VE EVER DONE. But a great story to tell and somewhat of a fun memory of growing up. Oh and, no jail served thankd goodness but.......30 8-hour days off community service sucks when you're not a volunteer. :D :D My buddies used to honk and flip me off while I picked up trash on the freeway while they went to class at JC and I ditched the very same class to pay my dues. Bastards. :D :D
Hope some of you got a laugh at my expense....it made me chuckle again.
Later everyone & enjoy the Slaughterbowl. Go Pats!
-MOB

Dribble
02-04-2005, 05:13 PM
-MOB
And we have a winner :D :D :D :D

Dribble
02-04-2005, 05:14 PM
Damn was that a leg bone? Gotta a few pins there?
Yep, and they're still there.

faster
02-04-2005, 05:22 PM
Now that one there made me laugh out loud!! I can just picture you and your buddy underneath those trash cans when that thing went off!! must have een shitting your pants

SHOTKALLIN
02-04-2005, 05:27 PM
i also shot an apple off my buddies head with a .308 at night
where is your buddy today? I have a few bridges i'd sell him cheap!

FMluvswater
02-04-2005, 05:53 PM
3 weeks after I turned 18................ :hammerhea ... [snip]
OMFG! I could picture it all! LMFAO!!! :D Great story! :D Thank-you so much for sharing that! :D

Debbolas
02-04-2005, 06:04 PM
-MOB
LMAO!!!!! :rollside:

coolchange
02-04-2005, 06:11 PM
Huh Huh, he said "beat me"

XTRM22
02-04-2005, 06:29 PM
-MOB
Damn, you can't make up something like that!!!! :rollside:
Chuck

XTRM22
02-04-2005, 06:31 PM
I don't know how I'd scan the xray, but I got one of those, trying to prove I was stilla kid on my 34th birthday, ripped the muscle and tendon loose and dislocated my left shoulder trying to bench press 300# without a spotter.
Chuck