PDA

View Full Version : Attention CDL holders!

Backfire
02-03-2005, 02:09 PM
I just recently discovered that, as of August 25th of last year, Anybody that gets a ticket in Arizona while possesing a CDL license, is ineligible to have the conviction hidden by attending traffic school.
I got a speeding ticket in my personal car a couple of weeks ago and have now discovered that I'm not being offered the same diversionary opportunities that other private citizens are offered because I'm forced to drive personally on a commercial license. This is simple unequal treatment under the law and I'm currently lining up sponsorship to get this injustice corrected through the courts, if necessary.
My complaint has nothing to do with the ticket itself and I'm not saying I deserved it or didn't. My bitch is strictly about being denied the diversionary benefit of attending traffic school, which is freely offered to the general public. This is unequal treatment under the law, a violation of a person's civil rights.
Most folks will turn away from this because it only affects truck drivers. To these people, I would ask: Wasn't peeing in bottles at work also only going to affect truck drivers?

OGShocker
02-03-2005, 02:17 PM
When someone rolls down the road haulin' 80,000 pounds of ARCO's finest, they SHOULD be held to a higher standard. IMHO. Sorry you got caught.

al cole'holic
02-03-2005, 02:19 PM
..think I could get an AZ DL if my CDL gots suspended for 6 mo's?? :frown:

Liberator TJ1984
02-03-2005, 02:37 PM
Texas has the same Law.....
Get caught under the influence even in your personal vehicle and see what happens :yuk:
CDL changes all the rules ...drug use,alcohol levels ..etc......
I don't like it either ,but as a Maint.Supervisor of a Truck Fleet I must have one , just in case of emergency....and yea it sucks,but I like my Job :notam:

Backfire
02-03-2005, 02:41 PM
When someone rolls down the road haulin' 80,000 pounds of ARCO's finest, they SHOULD be held to a higher standard. IMHO. Sorry you got caught.
I drive 100,000 miles a year and hadn't recieved a ticket in Arizona in ten years. One in a million miles is not bad statistics!
Did you miss the part where I said that I was operating my private automobile when I got this ticket?

Liberator TJ1984
02-03-2005, 02:42 PM
I doubt it, last I heard D.O.T. was going on a Nation Wide Database system, where Drivers Personal Info. AND all violations are Pooled. At first it was going to be Just the Haz.Mat. drivers ,but Believe it will pertain to all........HomeLand Security doings...

Jordy
02-03-2005, 02:44 PM
Gee that sucks for you AzDon. ;)

Backfire
02-03-2005, 02:51 PM
CDL licenses are tracked on a national database and I don't believe that there are any renegade states left that don't conform to the "new order" of CDL standards and reporting. New Mexico was one of the last of those renegade states.
I think the time has come for states to issue a seperate "private" license to CDL holders if they are going to eliminate "civil rights" eligibility from CDL use. I will not give up my civil rights in my personal life just to have a job! At least not without a fight!

Jordy
02-03-2005, 02:52 PM
I will not give up my civil rights in my personal life just to have a job! At least not without a fight!
AzDon, champion of the people's rights... :)
You must have missed that day in driver's ed where they teach you that driving is a priviledge, not a right. ;)

Backfire
02-03-2005, 02:56 PM
Gee that sucks for you AzDon. ;)
Smile when you say that!
I was Backfire for a year before I was AzDon....nice for you to remember, Jordy!
I hope that other AzDon guy isn't able to get me in any more trouble than I was able to get for myself!
Btw- were you able to sell that Schiada with the copcar paintjob yet?

PowellScooter
02-03-2005, 02:58 PM
"You must have missed that day in driver's ed where they teach you that driving is a priviledge, not a right."
Right on Jordy
"Did you miss the part where I said that I was operating my private automobile when I got this ticket?"
Maybe you should have been using your private automobile licence

Backfire
02-03-2005, 03:00 PM
AzDon, champion of the people's rights... :)
You must have missed that day in driver's ed where they teach you that driving is a priviledge, not a right. ;)
No, I didn't miss that! However, I do have the right to expect equal treatment under the law! Is that too difficult a concept for you, Jordy? Do you think ANY private citizen should be treated differently than another?

BarryMac
02-03-2005, 03:01 PM
Popcorn, get your Popcorn here... :cool:

Jordy
02-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Smile when you say that!
I was Backfire for a year before I was AzDon....nice for you to remember, Jordy!
Gee, that's funny because last time you were on here as Backfire, you denied being AzDon. Kind of like Over18 isn't N!ck either...
I thought you weren't going to post here anymore???
I guess it's time for a V-driveboat.com membership drive. :D

OGShocker
02-03-2005, 03:02 PM
I drive 100,000 miles a year and hadn't recieved a ticket in Arizona in ten years. One in a million miles is not bad statistics!
Did you miss the part where I said that I was operating my private automobile when I got this ticket?
No, I did not miss that. You got nailed for breaking the law why does it matter what you kinda ride you were in? If I get a BUI at the lake, should that not affect me in the other parts of my life?
Did you miss the part where I said I was sorry you got caught?

Jordy
02-03-2005, 03:05 PM
No, I didn't miss that! However, I do have the right to expect equal treatment under the law! Is that too difficult a concept for you, Jordy? Do you think ANY private citizen should be treated differently than another?
Yeah, you broke the law and you got a ticket just like any other law breaker would do, now sack up and take care of it and stop crying. B-o-o H-o-o. :D
I love the choice of words in your first post Don. You think the ticket should be "hidden." Heaven forbid, you stood up and took responsibilty. :notam:
What was the ticket for? I'm willing to bet it wasn't for going 57 in a 55. Or were they targeting you unfairly because you're a white male??? :rolleyes:

Backfire
02-03-2005, 03:09 PM
Gee, that's funny because last time you were on here as Backfire, you denied being AzDon. Kind of like Over18 isn't N!ck either...
I thought you weren't going to post here anymore???
I guess it's time for a V-driveboat.com membership drive. :D
I said AzDon would not be posting here as long as the rep point system was in place. Well, Jordy, NO MORE REP POINTS! I still don't post here as AzDon because he became too much of a lightning rod. Someone else bagged the name and in retrospect, I shoulda bagged it myself to keep it out of use.

Jordy
02-03-2005, 03:12 PM
If that's all it takes, aside from the V-driveboat.com membership drive, I'm also starting a petition to bring back the rep points. :D

Kilrtoy
02-03-2005, 03:13 PM
Well its already been said driving is a priviledge not a right. I feel for you about the speeding ticket, How fast were you going and what was the posted speed limit....

Jordy
02-03-2005, 03:13 PM
I said AzDon would not be posting here as long as the rep point system was in place. Well, Jordy, NO MORE REP POINTS! I still don't post here as AzDon because he became too much of a lightning rod.
It cracks me up that you're sitting here talking about yourself in the 3rd person like that, as if you're two different people. :cry: :rolleyes: :rollside:

Backfire
02-03-2005, 03:14 PM
The issue is not the ticket.... THE ISSUE IS UNEQUAL TREATMENT BY THE COURT SYSTEM! If you guys don't want to understand the basic concept of fairness, I guess that's your right!

OGShocker
02-03-2005, 03:16 PM
THE ISSUE IS UNEQUAL TREATMENT BY THE COURT SYSTEM!
He says in that whiney someone owes me something tone we all know and love. :hammerhea

Jordy
02-03-2005, 03:16 PM
The issue is not the ticket....
How fast were you going AzDon??? It's a simple question, and the root of your problem, so it would be the issue here. :jawdrop:
I know simple questions are hard for you to understand. :hammerhea

Jordy
02-03-2005, 03:29 PM
C'mon Don, you've been replying for 12 minutes now. There isn't anything that difficult in this whole thread:
Backfire
Last Activity: Today 04:16 PM
Replying to Thread Attention CDL holders! @ 04:16 PM
I'm sure this will be good... :eek: :hammerhea

BarryMac
02-03-2005, 03:30 PM
Here Jordy, thought you may get hungry http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/375popcorn.gif pass it back when your done with him...

repo man
02-03-2005, 03:32 PM
i think if you get a ticket in your class c vehicle you should be able to take traffic school,even if you have a class a.

Backfire
02-03-2005, 03:34 PM
Well its already been said driving is a priviledge not a right. I feel for you about the speeding ticket, How fast were you going and what was the posted speed limit....
The speed limit on Hwy 95 adjacent to the Parker strip is 55 MPH which is a real challenge on even slight uphill grades in my Chevy Metro. On the downhill side though... real easy to pick up speed! That area is far from flat, and modulating speed in my little car requires concentration, something I'm not always about when I've got the road to myself and things on my mind!
I haven't said that I didn't deserve the ticket. The second thing the deputy asked me was if I'd had a ticket in the last two years. The last thing he suggested when getting my sig was attending traffic school. He obviously was unaware of the new law. It was 1;30 in the morning and there was nobody else to clock, so it was my turn. The guy wasn't unpleasant and I thinki he was just doing his job in good faith and I'd prefer that it not be necessary for me to hafta question his tactics to keep my driving record clean. I've worked hard to (mostly) obey the law and keep my record clean, and I, as a private citizen, have a right to expect to be offered traffic school every two years just like any other private citizen that has stayed outta trouble for 2+ years.

AzMandella
02-03-2005, 03:36 PM
CDL licenses are tracked on a national database and I don't believe that there are any renegade states left that don't conform to the "new order" of CDL standards and reporting. New Mexico was one of the last of those renegade states.
I think the time has come for states to issue a seperate "private" license to CDL holders if they are going to eliminate "civil rights" eligibility from CDL use. I will not give up my civil rights in my personal life just to have a job! At least not without a fight!
Hey AZDon I'm sorry to hear that.But I hold a CDL and agree with the law.They are looking at driving habbits period.And employers have a to be able to evaluate ones driving habbits as a whole in today's day and age of frivelous law suits.And as far as civil rights are concerned there is no right to drive it is a priveledge.I don't think you will find anything in the Bill of Rights or any amendment pertaining to the right to hold a drivers license.

Backfire
02-03-2005, 03:44 PM
Hey AZDon I'm sorry to hear that.But I hold a CDL and agree with the law.They are looking at driving habbits period.And employers have a to be able to evaluate ones driving habbits as a whole in today's day and age of frivelous law suits.And as far as civil rights are concerned there is no right to drive it is a priveledge.I don't think you will find anything in the Bill of Rights or any amendment pertaining to the right to hold a drivers license.
Yeah, Driving is a privelege, I get that! That is why we must apply for licenses and why we can lose them through bad behavior. Again, my complaint is equal treatment under the law. We don't give up all of our rights to fair treatment when we apply for a drivers license....
BTW... I'd prefer that people not refer to me as AzDon on this board...

Backfire
02-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Let me ask you this:
Operating a watercraft does not require a license of any kind, SOOO.....
Do you believe that it is fair when you get caught behaving badly in a boat, that it should affect your drivers license?

AzMandella
02-03-2005, 03:52 PM
The speed limit on Hwy 95 adjacent to the Parker strip is 55 MPH which is a real challenge on even slight uphill grades in my Chevy Metro. On the downhill side though... real easy to pick up speed! That area is far from flat, and modulating speed in my little car requires concentration, something I'm not always about when I've got the road to myself and things on my mind!
I haven't said that I didn't deserve the ticket. The second thing the deputy asked me was if I'd had a ticket in the last two years. The last thing he suggested when getting my sig was attending traffic school. He obviously was unaware of the new law. It was 1;30 in the morning and there was nobody else to clock, so it was my turn. The guy wasn't unpleasant and I thinki he was just doing his job in good faith and I'd prefer that it not be necessary for me to hafta question his tactics to keep my driving record clean. I've worked hard to (mostly) obey the law and keep my record clean, and I, as a private citizen, have a right to expect to be offered traffic school every two years just like any other private citizen that has stayed outta trouble for 2+ years.
Well I'm sorry Don but if you have problems controling the speed of a small car,then controlling a 80,000 vehicle must be extreemly difficult as heavier vehicles gain speed going downhill faster than light ones.And it is not unfair as there has probably been too many truck drivers that have taken the class to have theirs erased and then were in accidents in there trucks and the employer may not have hired them if they had known that.YOU ARE A PROFESIONAL DRIVER AND YOU ARE HELD TO A HIGHER LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY THAN NON PROFESIONALS.

Jordy
02-03-2005, 03:54 PM
The speed limit on Hwy 95 adjacent to the Parker strip is 55 MPH which is a real challenge on even slight uphill grades in my Chevy Metro. On the downhill side though... real easy to pick up speed!
blah blah blah blah. So how fast were you going? :hammerhea
That area is far from flat, and modulating speed in my little car requires concentration, something I'm not always about when I've got the road to myself and things on my mind!
That's very reassuring. I'd guess driving an 18 wheeler takes concentration. I certainly hope you never have the road to yourself when you're in that pig.
I can see it now: "Gee, I wasn't concentrating when I was speeding and ran over the top of that family. You know, my 18 wheeler doesn't exactly do 55 going up with without a real run at it, but it does pick up speed on the other side very easily officer..." :eek: :hammerhea
I haven't said that I didn't deserve the ticket. The second thing the deputy asked me was if I'd had a ticket in the last two years.
So, AzDon, for the 10th time or so, how fast were you going? 75 is my guess.
The last thing he suggested when getting my sig was attending traffic school. He obviously was unaware of the new law. It was 1;30 in the morning and there was nobody else to clock, so it was my turn.
YOU BROKE THE LAW!!! Deal with the consequences dummy.
The guy wasn't unpleasant and I thinki he was just doing his job in good faith and I'd prefer that it not be necessary for me to hafta question his tactics to keep my driving record clean.
So you're going to rake this guy over the coals because you broke the law and now can't "HIDE" it??? You're a real jackass Don.
I've worked hard to (mostly) obey the law and keep my record clean, and I, as a private citizen, have a right to expect to be offered traffic school every two years just like any other private citizen that has stayed outta trouble for 2+ years.
See above where driving is a priviledge. YOU DON'T HAVE A RIGHT TO DRIVE!!!!
I guess the bottom line here Don, is that if you're looking for sympathy, look between sh it and syphillis in the dictionary. You're as bad as that other retard who started the thread because he got out of a DUI and was proud of it. Maybe you should get in touch with him for some pointers on getting out of tickets. :idea: :D

AzMandella
02-03-2005, 03:56 PM
Let me ask you this:
Do you believe that it is fair when you get caught behaving badly in a boat, that it should affect your drivers license?
Yes I do.Even though you do not have to have drivers license to operate a boat it shows responsibility.You can still kill people while driving your boat intoxicated.And if you are not responsible enough to relize that then you probably are not resposible enough to operate a car either.

AzMandella
02-03-2005, 03:58 PM
blah blah blah blah. So how fast were you going? :hammerhea
That's very reassuring. I'd guess driving an 18 wheeler takes concentration. I certainly hope you never have the road to yourself when you're in that pig.
I can see it now: "Gee, I wasn't concentrating when I was speeding and ran over the top of that family. You know, my 18 wheeler doesn't exactly do 55 going up with without a real run at it, but it does pick up speed on the other side very easily officer..." :eek: :hammerhea
So, AzDon, for the 10th time or so, how fast were you going? 75 is my guess.
YOU BROKE THE LAW!!! Deal with the consequences dummy.
So you're going to rake this guy over the coals because you broke the law and now can't "HIDE" it??? You're a real jackass Don.
See above where driving is a priviledge. YOU DON'T HAVE A RIGHT TO DRIVE!!!!
I guess the bottom line here Don, is that if you're looking for sympathy, look between sh it and syphillis in the dictionary. You're as bad as that other retard who started the thread because he got out of a DUI and was proud of it. Maybe you should get in touch with him for some pointers on getting out of tickets. :idea: :D
Damn Jordy,a little harsh arn't we.But right on the mark.

Jordy
02-03-2005, 04:01 PM
Damn Jordy,a little harsh arn't we.But right on the mark.
Do a search on AzDon and see what you find. He stopped posting under that name because of all the stupid shit like this that he posted. This was back when the ratings system was in effect too. Seems to me that AzDon and his clever son Over18 had the bottom 2 spots in the reputation game.
Over18 is his son/puppet N!ck. The problem is, you have to be 18 to be on the boards, and N!ck is only 15. He got booted, and then oddly enough, a few hours later, someone who was another AzDon puppet joined up with the clever name Over18. AzDon swore up and down that it wasn't N!ck. :notam:
Yep, AzDon was the most hated individual on ***boat. :jawdrop:

SHOTKALLIN
02-03-2005, 04:14 PM
Let me ask you this:
What is behaving badly and what other recourse do you suggest? 30 day impound of the boat? How do you get boaters to obey the laws if thier driving record is not at risk?

lucky
02-03-2005, 04:16 PM
"You must have missed that day in driver's ed where they teach you that driving is a priviledge, not a right."
Right on Jordy
"Did you miss the part where I said that I was operating my private automobile when I got this ticket?"
Maybe you should have been using your private automobile licence
yea i'll jump on this one - truckers - are over regulated for a un regulated industry ...
divorced- and no alamonie = no pay check or licence
clean your mouth out with scope = .004 legal limit on alky == 1 year ban ist offence
now this
all for a buck ninty five an hour -- yea ha cowboy :D
random test for drugs and alcho. ( i like this )

Backfire
02-03-2005, 04:22 PM
I sense a little jealosy in that remark, Jordy, but no matter how much you abuse and mistreat people on here, they just seem to keep on loving you! Perhaps your the guy supplying all the dr---? Or is it lap dances?

SHOTKALLIN
02-03-2005, 04:23 PM
O.K. azdon / Backfire....how fast were you going in this beast? Man up and give up the numbers! ;)

Backfire
02-03-2005, 04:26 PM
It was WAYYY les than 75!.... But that isn't the point of this thread!

all charged up
02-03-2005, 04:35 PM
Ok it's time to really fire you up. :220v: :220v:
It is correct that you may no longer go to traffic school for a civil traffic offense in Arizona if you hold a CDL.
What i'm sure none of you know is that you can go to traffic school if you don't have a license at all. :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:
No joke. I know this for a fact.

Jordy
02-03-2005, 04:38 PM
I sense a little jealosy in that remark, Jordy
You're right Don, I want to be just like you. ;) :sleeping:
but no matter how much you abuse and mistreat people on here, they just seem to keep on loving you!
It's a tough row to hoe, sounds like you're the one dealing with the jealousy issues here. ;)
Perhaps your the guy supplying all the ####? Or is it lap dances?
You know, you might want to rethink that statment there jerkoff. Suggesting that I'm a drug dealer is libelous and I have no qualms about going after you for it, granted I don't know what i'd do with a Geo Metro, a, trailer in Havasu, a website and a suspended CDL... Come to think of it, I don't know what I could do to make your life worse. Guess I'll have to let you slide on this one. :D
How fast were you going Don? 74? Not that I believe a word that you type. I'm just curious though.

Jordy
02-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Hey W. Don. I see where you were written for more than 65 in a 55 and the ticket is in Parker Justice court. Sounds like the officer cut you a break and only wrote you for 65. What were you really doing? :cool:

Backfire
02-03-2005, 04:52 PM
You know, you might want to rethink that statment there jerkoff. Suggesting that I'm a drug dealer is libelous and I have no qualms about going after you for it.
It's not libelous....It's called a rhetorical question...a form of inuendo! It was also maybe a little tasteless so I changed it.

Backfire
02-03-2005, 04:55 PM
Hey W. Don. I see where you were written for more than 65 in a 55 and the ticket is in Parker Justice court. Sounds like the officer cut you a break and only wrote you for 65. What were you really doing? :cool:
Since you are apparently clairvoyant, perhaps you can reveal which finger(s) i'm holding up?

AzMandella
02-03-2005, 05:17 PM
Well I guess this is not just a case of oops I was only 4 mph over the speed limit.It almost sounds like if you were going a little faster you could have been going 20 mph over the speed limit which is a criminal offense and revocation of your license.I think you ought to be happy that the only thing is that you can't go to traffic school instead of looking for a new proffesion.

mike37
02-03-2005, 05:51 PM
Do a search on AzDon and see what you find. He stopped posting under that name because of all the stupid shit like this that he posted. This was back when the ratings system was in effect too. Seems to me that AzDon and his clever son Over18 had the bottom 2 spots in the reputation game.
Over18 is his son/puppet N!ck. The problem is, you have to be 18 to be on the boards, and N!ck is only 15. He got booted, and then oddly enough, a few hours later, someone who was another AzDon puppet joined up with the clever name Over18. AzDon swore up and down that it wasn't N!ck. :notam:
didn't good old Lakepirate surpass AzDon in the hated arena

OGShocker
02-03-2005, 05:54 PM
Since you are apparently clairvoyant, perhaps you can reveal which finger(s) i'm holding up?
Are you telling us you voted on Sunday? :sleeping:

Jordy
02-03-2005, 07:12 PM
So how fast were you going AzDon???? I can tell you what date you were cited if you doubt my abilities. You keep avoiding the question and playing the victim, but then again, that is your M.O. in life as far as I can tell.
How fast were you going?

RUCAV
02-03-2005, 07:40 PM
If you get stopped in Ca and they run a records check and find your CDL is suspended, they will cite you for driving on a suspended license ($$$$$$) and could tow your car($$$$$$$) for up to 30 days. Your license status in California supercedes other states issuance of a license. Basically, you can't go to AZ and get a license after your CA license gets suspended.