PDA

View Full Version : Death by water

essexjet
02-03-2005, 02:45 PM
Just heard this on the news. Never heard of dieing from drinking too much water.
CHICO - A 21-year-old California State University, Chico, student, died early Wednesday in the basement of an unauthorized fraternity house after drinking a large amount of water - part of what police are calling a hazing ritual.
Matthew William Carrington was apparently pledging Chi Tau, a local fraternity that lost a national affiliation and its school affiliation in 2002 because of alcohol violations, according to the school's adviser to fraternities and sororities.
"Excessive water consumption had something to do with the pledge activities," said Chico Police Sgt. Dave Barrow.
Alcohol doesn't appear to be involved, he said. But he declined to give other details concerning Carrington's death.

Red Eye
02-03-2005, 02:47 PM
I believe it can mess up your electrolytes but I've never heard of it killing someone.

PowellScooter
02-03-2005, 02:51 PM
Ive heard of this before too

essexjet
02-03-2005, 02:53 PM
I believe it can mess up your electrolytes but I've never heard of it killing someone.
Yea mostly sodium, its called hyponatremia

al cole'holic
02-03-2005, 02:53 PM
Hyponatremia...dangerously low sodium levels, that's how them people on X usually die due to always thinking they are thirsty so they keep drinking water.

SHOTKALLIN
02-03-2005, 03:03 PM
What is this world comming too??? You can't give them alcohol. Hell you can't even give them water! Franterity plege rituals are gonna turn into a sesame street game of dodge ball. Then the winner of the game will simply be asked....."hey dude, wanna join our club?" :D

HCS
02-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Too much water just makes me piss alot.

GHTRIM
02-03-2005, 03:08 PM
When I was younger I heard of the electrolytes getting so far out of wack that your heart will not beat properly causing complications. :confused: . Oh, by the way I'm not a doctor.... Could you tell?? :D

GHTRIM
02-03-2005, 03:14 PM
Hyponatremia...dangerously low sodium levels, that's how them people on X usually die due to always thinking they are thirsty so they keep drinking water.
Actually X (better known a "E") is a diaretic (spelling). So you constantly piss and go through your bodys natural amount of water needed to function. This is why if you take this it is very important to consume water to replace the water you are losing. If you lose too much water and are dancing your ass off (which is what a lot of people do, Raving). You will stroke. :frown: But if you take the precausions listed above and don't take more than one you can have an Awesome time. :2purples: My friend told me all of this.. :cool: As stated in the earlier post "I'm not a doctor". :hammerhea