PDA

View Full Version : Irvine Lake High Performance Swap Meet

irvinelake
02-03-2005, 03:32 PM
Just a reminder to mark your calendar for Sunday, February 13. Free admission to Irvine Lake for your chance to sell or buy those high performance parts you've been storing in your garage or looking to buy. We'll have ice cold beer for sale, the barbecue will be going all day and you can have an opportunity to see the lake at its fullest. You can sign up for the Third Annual V Drive Regatta coming on June 11 and 12.

cyclone
02-03-2005, 03:41 PM
Ok but after you have the 3rd annual vdrive regatta when are you going to to have the 1st annual jet boat regatta? or better yet, the 1st annual jet/vdrive regatta? :D

TRG
02-03-2005, 04:35 PM
Oh wait!!!! he might reply to this one.......not!

Squirtin Thunder
02-03-2005, 04:38 PM
Ok but after you have the 3rd annual vdrive regatta when are you going to to have the 1st annual jet boat regatta? or better yet, the 1st annual jet/vdrive regatta? :D
Oh wait!!!! he might reply to this one.......not!
:cool: Sounds like the Jet Boat guys need to crash a Vdrive party :cool:
Jim

dmontzsta
02-03-2005, 04:53 PM
There is a reason he doesnt reply. ;)

Squirtin Thunder
02-03-2005, 04:59 PM
There is a reason he doesnt reply. ;)
What would that reason be ??? :D

dmontzsta
02-03-2005, 05:12 PM
What would that reason be ??? :D
I cannot say, it is confidential. If I told you, I would have to kill you.
:rollside: one of those type of things.

Nucking futs
02-03-2005, 06:22 PM
I cannot say, it is confidential. If I told you, I would have to kill you.
:rollside: one of those type of things.
Nice!!! Your such an ass Don........... :D
Oh yeah why you lurkin in the jet section? You already know most of them can beat you. :hammerhea

Jeanyus
02-03-2005, 08:18 PM
I would rather push a Ford,
And I bet you spend a lot of time doing that.

MarKist
02-03-2005, 08:26 PM
Damn ......you beat me to it LOL :D :D :D
Markist

flat broke
02-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Well, it might be that he decided to stay away from jets because of his experience with the jet boats that showed up to the last two v-drive dealios? The jets that have managed to get on the water haven't exactly been the epitomy of safe and sane. Maybe if he did it by invitation, it would be doable. That way he could control the yahoo factor to some extent. The problem is that jets probably outnumber v-drives 50:1. With that kind of ratio, even if you had the same number of dumbasses per 100, the jet crowd would still have the potential to drop a bunch of dumbasses in the water. And I hate to say it, but by and large, there are more beater jets with ghetto-fabulous rigging than V-drives. This kind of stuff is just another thing to think about when safety comes to mind. There's a pump on the back of my boat, and probably always will be, but the reality of the situation isn't lost upon me. I'd like to see it open to jets and v'drives cause there is some nice hardware in both camps, but I can see where the guy would be comming from if he decided to keep it V-drive only based on the issues listed.
Chris

dmontzsta
02-03-2005, 09:53 PM
Nice!!! Your such an ass Don........... :D
Oh yeah why you lurkin in the jet section? You already know most of them can beat you. :hammerhea
No, I love you guys.
I always lurk here, I have friends everywhere...everyone can beat me, whats new? :D

dmontzsta
02-03-2005, 09:54 PM
Actually, I dont think I have ever pushed one, it is just what makes the delusional chevy guys happy. Only had the boat towed in around 5x and keep in mind it was a BASKET CASE. The original 390 that came with it lasted 9 years and was reliable as hell, finally put it out with N20, what a blast. Now there is another stock 390 in there while I build the 5XX.
My grandfather just passed and things are going to start moving again, all dedicated to him.

Squirtin Thunder
02-03-2005, 10:42 PM
Actually, I dont think I have ever pushed one, it is just what makes the delusional chevy guys happy. Only had the boat towed in around 5x and keep in mind it was a BASKET CASE. The original 390 that came with it lasted 9 years and was reliable as hell, finally put it out with N20, what a blast. Now there is another stock 390 in there while I build the 5XX.
My grandfather just passed and things are going to start moving again, all dedicated to him.
I feel for ya. Well then get it done. I want to see it at CBBB or even FC3 !!!

Cs19
02-04-2005, 01:29 AM
Well, it might be that he decided to stay away from jets because of his experience with the jet boats that showed up to the last two v-drive dealios? The jets that have managed to get on the water haven't exactly been the epitomy of safe and sane. Maybe if he did it by invitation, it would be doable. That way he could control the yahoo factor to some extent. The problem is that jets probably outnumber v-drives 50:1. With that kind of ratio, even if you had the same number of dumbasses per 100, the jet crowd would still have the potential to drop a bunch of dumbasses in the water. And I hate to say it, but by and large, there are more beater jets with ghetto-fabulous rigging than V-drives. This kind of stuff is just another thing to think about when safety comes to mind. There's a pump on the back of my boat, and probably always will be, but the reality of the situation isn't lost upon me. I'd like to see it open to jets and v'drives cause there is some nice hardware in both camps, but I can see where the guy would be comming from if he decided to keep it V-drive only based on the issues listed.
Chris
Yep, exactly.
Lots of dumases in jetboats,lots of ugly jets as well unfortunatly.
An invite only would be the only way to weed em out. Send in pics, background,etc. for an invite.
I was wondering if they rent the lake out ever, Id be interested in renting the entire or a portion of the lake for a day for my B-day..Invite like 10-15 more boats for a fun day on the water.
Ive got an email into them,no reply after a few days now.

superdave013
02-04-2005, 06:48 AM
Yep, exactly.
Lots of dumases in jetboats,lots of ugly jets as well unfortunatly.
An invite only would be the only way to weed em out. Send in pics, background,etc. for an invite.
I was wondering if they rent the lake out ever, Id be interested in renting the entire or a portion of the lake for a day for my B-day..Invite like 10-15 more boats for a fun day on the water.
Ive got an email into them,no reply after a few days now.
I bet he would do it of you could get the insurance. Maybe you will get the response you are looking for by picking up the phone or just driving down there and talking to Dave.

MAXIMUS
02-04-2005, 07:34 AM
Not sure I would want to risk the health of my jet at that v-drive rodeo down at irvine??? :idea: There are a lot of teeth missing at that event! :messedup: :D

old rigger
02-04-2005, 09:26 AM
Not sure I would want to risk the health of my jet at that v-drive rodeo down at irvine??? :idea: There are a lot of teeth missing at that event! :messedup: :D
That's pretty funny cause usually when a hillbilly, toothless type talks about his boat with the big 455 olds, and runnin a hunert' miles and hour, he's more likely than not got a jet boat, running an e pump.

Cs19
02-04-2005, 09:27 AM
Maybe you will get the response you are looking for by picking up the phone or just driving down there and talking to Dave.
Thats the plan Dave when time permits,like when I go to the swap meet.
I was hoping someone had something to add, a few of the regulars in JUST JETS are in tight with the Irvine lake people and have the connections.

dmontzsta
02-04-2005, 09:32 AM
I feel for ya. Well then get it done. I want to see it at CBBB or even FC3 !!!
Thanks bro. I really doubt the 514 will be done. I am just taking my time with it, not in a hurry and want to do it right, with good parts. I am going to buy an Expedition by then. I have also just been saving, fighting temptation and saving. It feels good to have a solid cushion and not spend the money as it comes in. I am also redoing the steering, switching from the damn morse cable to a true pulley set up.

roostwear
02-04-2005, 09:35 AM
That's pretty funny cause usually when a hillbilly, toothless type talks about his boat with the big 455 olds, and runnin a hunert' miles and hour, he's more likley than not got a jet boat, running an e pump.
Say WHAT?

old rigger
02-04-2005, 09:55 AM
Say WHAT?
Ebay's full of them. Reading their ads is more entertaining than anything on TV. 'Cept for Cops of course where you actually get to see the toothless hillbillys that own the hundert' mile an hour jet boat getting busted. lol
Relax, I wasn't talking about you and your boat. You got all your teeth and are running a Ford. :D

dmontzsta
02-04-2005, 10:02 AM
Ebay's full of them. Reading their ads is more entertaining than anything on TV. 'Cept for Cops of course where you actually get to see the toothless hillbillys that own the hundert' mile an hour jet boat getting busted. lol
Relax, I wasn't talking about you and your boat. You got all your teeth and are running a Ford. :D
haha, Cops is the best show on television, whenever it is on, I will watch it no matter what else is on the TV.

irvinelake
02-04-2005, 01:45 PM
We are presently looking for a date to hold a jet boat regatta at Irvine Lake. The same rules would apply as the v-drive regatta. (50 boat maximum).
Dave

hack job
02-04-2005, 01:48 PM
We are presently looking for a date to hold a jet boat regatta at Irvine Lake. The same rules would apply as the v-drive regatta. (50 boat maximum).
Dave
thats great news!!!

Nucking futs
02-04-2005, 01:50 PM
AWESOME!!! Can't wait...

dmontzsta
02-04-2005, 01:59 PM
Dave
I guess the nickname "JetBoatDave" stays eh? :D

Cs19
02-04-2005, 09:11 PM
Thanks Dave N. Thats great news!!

Brodie
02-04-2005, 09:56 PM
Dave
dang! givin in to the al-mi-tee dolar,,,,,
50 boats,,,i'de bet 450 of dem tubs show up...
cs19 rig is nice thow...cyclone 2

V-DRIVE VIDEO
02-12-2005, 06:56 PM
Gates open at 9:00 am see you there!! :cool:

Havasu_Jet_85
02-13-2005, 05:23 PM
So how was it...

v-drive
02-13-2005, 05:55 PM
Small but fun. lots of big block stuff....v-drive

nascar97
02-13-2005, 08:01 PM
A few of us went and i think the local yard sale was bigger there might have been two or three guys selling parts and two boats for sale what a waste of time and gas . :frown:

dmontzsta
02-13-2005, 08:03 PM
Nothing happened until later in the day, then the fun broke out, pics coming soon.

dmontzsta
02-13-2005, 08:25 PM
Some pics.
http://dmontzmax.maximaclubca.com/dmontzsta%20pics/IrvineLakeSwapMeet2-13-05/

78Southwind
02-13-2005, 09:27 PM
I was there for a short while when did they let the guys on the water. BTW who's GN69 is that?

dmontzsta
02-14-2005, 06:00 AM
I was there for a short while when did they let the guys on the water. BTW who's GN69 is that?
Dave cut them loose right as the fisherman got off the lake and the lake was closed.
:rollside:

superdave013
02-14-2005, 06:09 AM
I got there late but still sold some stuff.

dmontzsta
02-14-2005, 07:54 AM
I got there late but still sold some stuff.
Its good to know someone sold something, I was beginning to wonder if there was even any transactions. I know earlier in the day dossangers sold around 6' of SS hose he had laying around in his garage to a group of guys that were rolling through and now you, so there was sort of a swap meet. :D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
02-14-2005, 12:38 PM
I sold a stack tank and some trailer fenders :cool:

78Southwind
02-14-2005, 04:08 PM
I sold a stack tank and some trailer fenders :cool:
If I remember right you had some Big Block Chevy Water Inlet Plates. Do you still have them and what do you want for them. I need plates with a 1/2" pipe thread for my jet boat.

TRG
02-14-2005, 09:00 PM
i met some really nice people out there,...but their motors were in the boats backwards, i could'nt figure it out! J/k some very clean boats as well! especialy that yellow carbon SS boat! talk about clean?...thats what im all over next! :)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
02-14-2005, 11:04 PM
If I remember right you had some Big Block Chevy Water Inlet Plates. Do you still have them and what do you want for them. I need plates with a 1/2" pipe thread for my jet boat.
Sorry, those are for a ford...

Bense468
02-14-2005, 11:24 PM
You think the races had anything to do with low turn out? I know there was no way I was going down there when cars are running 0 tp 334 mph in 4.44 seconds in my backyard LOL. Thats just me though.

LicktySplitJr
02-15-2005, 07:54 AM
Or maybe the longbeach swapmeet about 30 mile away that had a huge turn out :hammerhea That may have had something to do with it :idea:

superdave013
02-15-2005, 08:15 AM
or both of the above
Long Beach was pretty good for us last Sunday.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
02-15-2005, 12:36 PM
You think the races had anything to do with low turn out? I know there was no way I was going down there when cars are running 0 tp 334 mph in 4.44 seconds in my backyard LOL. Thats just me though.
I went to the drags saturday as usual, sunday is just too crowded...am I gettin old or what? :cry: