PDA

View Full Version : Reginald Denny

spectratoad
04-29-2002, 08:23 PM
Did anyone see the Today show this morning? Reginald Denny was on there. He works on boats down in Havasu, Hey Reg, are you in the ***boat forums?
I give him credit for being so openminded and forgiving. Don't know if I could do it.

77charger
04-29-2002, 08:25 PM
I saw an article in the oc register i was surprised to see he is now a boat mechanic in havasu.Said that he rather avoid people or didnt want to be regognized.(something like that)

Kwicherbichen
04-29-2002, 11:44 PM
I don't think I could have been that forgiving

lilrick
04-30-2002, 02:54 AM
I'd be snipin' jigs from a tower somewhere

beached1
04-30-2002, 04:52 AM
He must have moved up the road. He used to work in Parker.

Kwicherbichen
04-30-2002, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by lilrick:
lilrick,
Some may take offense to your slur so be prepared for some flames?

spectratoad
04-30-2002, 06:25 AM
The interview showed his boat, or one he was working on. Looked like an Ultra. Lilrick, everyone is entitled to their opinion but like Kbichen said, you might want to put on a flak jacket. Come on can't we all just get along? Group hug. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

racingrascal
04-30-2002, 06:56 AM
Saw it on the new last night, he was working on an outdrive with a Nordic in the back ground.
Andy

spectras only
04-30-2002, 09:16 AM
[QUOTE] he was working on an outdrive with a Nordic in the back ground. .Does RD getting a discount http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif ?

rivercrazy
04-30-2002, 09:24 AM
Now that was FUNNY. LMAO!
Originally posted by spectras only:
[QUOTE] he was working on an outdrive with a Nordic in the back ground. .Does RD getting a discount http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif ?

Terrible Buddhist
04-30-2002, 10:08 AM
jigs? Lilrick must be your nickname for your brain. Idiocy aside...I know I couldn't be that forgiving...seriously, where were the riots when no one was convicted of his beating?
Still, it amazes me that no one has place the blame for these events on the people that actually caused it...the media. I think even people who trashed their own city would admit King got what he deserved if they had seen what he had put the police through. Of course the other question remains...why did we put 1 billion into a city they destroyed themselves?

ROZ
04-30-2002, 03:38 PM
Hey, where's RODNEYKING when you need a comment? Aren't you guys in business together or something?

future boater
04-30-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by lilrick:
i think we will get along well....

sandblasted
04-30-2002, 04:16 PM
Reginald Denny (and many others) never would have got beat down if the LAPD had done their job and not hid in their command centers...
I bet that statement pisses off a few cops..Never the less, over 50 people were assaulted in that intersection and the LAPD was missing in action...No excuse for it then and there still isn't today.

future boater
04-30-2002, 04:24 PM
ohh i better not say anything.....

LOWRIVER2
04-30-2002, 05:51 PM
Well, here's LAPD right here Sandblasted:
Yeah, today is my 10year anniversary, I reported at 0200 and was issued my riot helmet and Remington 870 in 1992 before being ordered to ride in the back seat with the left door propped open with my foot and to fire when directed. What a start baby!!
Truth be told, the department had plans that would have taken care of stuff quickly, problem was, (as I learned later, I did'nt ask then), Mid management (lieutenants/ and some South Bureau Captains) held back, and waited for orders from the top and of course those orders were woefully late. The department took a big black eye that day, yeah we, as a whole, screwed up, but you and many others will never hear of what did happen and the tales of courage, honor and valor many of our officers showed in those first five days. I did'nt like it then and I'm not proud of that start but we did take care of business, albeit not as soon as any of us wanted. As for the lives lost, I work Southeast division, we've had 20 homicides since Jan. 1st, 77th, the division north of me is at 35 in same period, we lost a lot fewer in 92'than could have been lost. LAPD was'nt perfect then and it is'nt now. But it's getting better, and I still WILL PUT MYSELF AND MY COMRADES UP AGAINST ANYONE WHEN IT COMES TO PUTTING IT ON THE LINE, ANYTIME. Did you watch Combat missions, I think one Police department had the most SWAT members represented, mind you the spots were rigorously tested for from operators from across the nation. That department? LAPD, nuff said
P.S. Kudos to all LE guys and god bless the family of LASO deputy David March, killed in the line of duty 04/29/02 in Irwindale,Ca. while conducting a traffic stop.

lakesmodified
04-30-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by future boater:
ohh i better not say anything.....
I WILL say something.. During that riot, I was living in Fontana and driving daily to Los Angeles International airport for work. I seen first hand, while traveling on the 10 FRWY Eastbound, Blacks, Whites, Latinos, Asians, and probably a few other Nationalities, ALL talking to each other, while waiting in line to enter an appliance store in Down Town LA, in order to loot it!! They weren't fighting with each other, but just standing there, waiting for their turn. Makes you really wonder what the riot was about? As far as Mr. Denny's televised brutal attack: I was horrified that the same ASSHOLES that drive around in a squad car with the words "To Serve And Protect" just sat back and didn't do a ****ing thing! I just have to wonder what the ****ing LAPD would have done, if it were one of their own being beaten to near death? It's not the "Jiggs" that needed to get blasted, it was the ****ing LAPD!!! That's who Mr Denny should not forget!

LOWRIVER2
04-30-2002, 06:57 PM
No lakesmodified, tell me how you really feel! Well, we did do wrong that day, no question, but as I see you now live in Tennessee, they have all kinds of riots and bank robberies like North Hollywood all the time right and those LE agencies respond perfectly right? Not.
Face it, we did wrong, we've taken lumps and no excuse is good enough for anyone getting hurt or killed. Considering we have a ratio of 8000 officers to 6 million residents (as compared to NY's 30,000 to 8 million), I'd say we do pretty good. No other city gets all the attention and crisis that we do. That's life. And considering 80% of all new applicants get rejected on polygraphs due to drug use, we're not getting reinforcements real soon.
I understand your frustration.
It was'nt right and I know that future incidents won't be treated the same way (except for the Lakers playoffs, thanks to one man for holding back:Maurice Moore, then deputy chief)
Low-whatever you want to call me/I been called worse-River

lakesmodified
04-30-2002, 07:19 PM
LowRiver; don't get me wrong... I didn't mean my statement as a personal attack on you, but on the LAPD force as a whole. Yes, you're correct when you mention my being frustrated about the entire situation, thus partly my reason for moving to Tennessee. That, and the fact that I used to drive 144 miles RT/day back and forth to work, and I wanted to get my three daughters out of a terrible environment (Fontana). I actually don't live in Memphis(which by the way, I can't stand) Memphis is like LA during the race riots of the mid to late 60's. Here, we still have a major black/white problem like we used to have so many years ago in Calif. My reason for living in Germantown, which is Tennessee's answer to Palos Verdes/Rolling Hills, is that my girls have been able to attend one of the finest schools in the entire US. BUT, I do have one question for you.. If it would have been you, one of your partners, and or any of the LAPD police squad, being beaten silly that fatefull day, WOULD THE REST OF YOU HAVE JUST STAYED BACK AND WATCHED??? You not need answer that question to me or this board, just to yourself! I, and everyone else knows the answer. Again, no personal attack intended... And I'm really sorry if I offended you, Ivan

HBjet
04-30-2002, 08:44 PM
Not to be a Party Pooper!
Wasn't this the boat in the Reg Denny interview?
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Stern_Drives/DSCN3013a.JPG
HBjet

future boater
04-30-2002, 08:45 PM
this is funny i actually thought about being a cop.....too bad i turned the wrong way! you know maybe you guys ought to relax your standards on "experimental" drug use....by the way the i better not say anything comment was directed towards my previous post. i was going to appologise but it would of been a lie...

LOWRIVER2
04-30-2002, 09:01 PM
After ten years, no personal attacks hurt, only getting hit and kicked, but that's cool, I train for it. Anyways, about the incident, since it happened roughly 10hours before I hit the street for the first time, I'll say what I've learned happened, the troops of 77th and Southeast had already got into one shooting (hardly anyone knows about this outside the dept.) and 10 uses of force (ie: officers fighting with suspects) in the two hours leading up to the Denny attack. There were roughly 60 officers on duty from both divisions against roughly 300separate radio calls for batterys against citizens, shots fired assaults with deadly weapons and a few stabbings. The two divisions attempted to mobilize and while ten officers WERE IN FORMATION TO RESPOND TO THE INTERSECTION, THEY WERE ORDERED, REPEAT MR. MODIFIED, ORDERED TO RETURN TO THEIR STATION BY THEIR LIEUTENANT. We don't have TV's in our cars now or then and the cops on the street had no idea how bad that intersection was. If you have any military experience, you know about following orders, this was not Mai Lai where the officers saw the problem(intersection) in sight and ran away or closed their eyes. I can speak for the men I count on at my job and know they would not have obeyed orders if they knew what was going on. I'm sure the school police officer at Columbine will never forgive himself either for not engaging Kleebold and Harris and following them into the school instead of using the tactics of the time which was to wait for SWAT.
My bottom line is I understand your frustration but lay blame where it's due. The officers on the street that day were afraid of dying (we all were) but were NEVER afraid of encountering any threat. Focus your anger at the management of our organization, Ah, hell, if it makes you feel better, blame it on me, It does'nt matter, I know who the WARRIORS are, I work with them every day. We will never be perfect but WE WILL NOT STOP/OR RUN AWAY
P.S.
Do you think North Hollywood was won with superior firepower? No , it was won when WILL POWER overcame FIREPOWER.
Of course we would respond to a downed officer, the downed officer has a RADIO WITH A HELP BUTTON, unfortunately, citizens do not.
LakesModified, seriously, if you want to be part of the solution instead of only picking at the problem, find us some quality people that want to be police officers, if not here, anywhere. Not enough are applying and you know the reasons why. It's sad, you call us assholes but who are you gonna call when you're down to your last few rounds against a threat, a high paid ACLU lawyer?
Gary

LOWRIVER2
04-30-2002, 09:56 PM
Oh, and before I leave,
While attacks don't bother me, I DO take responsibility as the LAPD in general, I am the LAPD just as the WHOLE group of officers are. What I do everyday IS a reflection of what the world (besides citizens I serve) perceive of the department. I have a vested interest in the department as ALL officer's actions will be judged by you all as what we (the LAPD) are. Each part of the dept. is important and improving the weakest link is the bottom line in our business of service (on all levels) I am tired of seeing everyone (everywhere) blame problems on something/someone else, personal responsibility is the key to improving a lot of things.

future boater
04-30-2002, 10:32 PM
lowriver- what is your definition of quality people? if its someone who has gone out if his/her way to help people then i will qualify...like i said before maybe you guys should be more forgiving on experimental use....care to comment on that subject..... did anybody ever stop to realise that a good criminal would make a good cop? i can hear you getting upset now but, we know the other world while you guys read it in books.....
just a thought let the flaming begin.........
by the way dont mean to offend anyone....

lilrick
04-30-2002, 10:55 PM
he he he

lilrick
04-30-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by future boater:
i think we will get along well....
I'm reloading!

LOWRIVER2
05-01-2002, 03:57 AM
The problem with experimental use is this,
The LAPD let's marijuana use, if it's experimental (around 10-20 times/which I personally feel is more than experimental) fly, but cocaine/heroin/meth. and LSD are major mind altering drugs which the department feels either change a person indefinitely or would cause a person who has used those drugs to have a dilema arresting someone that is using/selling them. Let's remember these other drugs are a felony to use period. No one gets on with a prior felony, whether they were arrested or admit to committing one. That same line of reasoning goes that someone who robbed a bank or raped someone would have better knowledge on apprehending those that do the same thing. While this may be true, where is your (the officer's) integrity in a court situation? (yes your honor, my testimony will put this person away for ten years, yes, I did the exact same felony crime and I did'nt do time because I got away with it). I'm not saying you're a bad/immoral person because you chose to experiment with drugs. I will say that it would create a moral dilemma for me and the court system to work with you on the job. Yes, people have got on that did commit crime/tried narcotics because they were'nt caught. I don't agree with it and those people usually step on their own units down the road and weed themselves out, albeit making all of us cops look bad at the same time. I don't flame when discussing this job (most of the time). As far as catching the bad guys, learning the narcotics trade is'nt that hard, most addicts are like us boat enthusiasts, they really love to tell you about using, enjoying drugs and all there is about how they get it/hide it. I have always been able to figure the sales/distribution out eventually. I won't go into the Ecstasy or other rave stuff, I have'nt encountered it much down here, PCP and crack dominate my area, it's easy to identify and locate. I have friends that have used major narcotics experimentally at one time or another and quite frankly would be good officers, the standard is still in place, and so far, has for the most part, worked. Those friends all make more money than I do too and have way less stress so good for them.
I think LASO let's 1 time cocaine use fly, I heard that some time ago.

beached1
05-01-2002, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by HBjet:
Not to be a Party Pooper!
Wasn't this the boat in the Reg Denny interview?
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Stern_Drives/DSCN3013a.JPG
HBjet
Party pooper? Hell no. I think this thread needs a little lightning up.

beached1
05-01-2002, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by LOWRIVER2:
The problem with experimental use is this,
The LAPD let's marijuana use, if it's experimental (around 10-20 times/which I personally feel is more than experimental) fly,
Is that per month or?......
JK
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif

PipesClean
05-01-2002, 06:37 AM
WHAT A COP

spectratoad
05-01-2002, 09:14 AM
Yep, HB that looks like the boat.

future boater
05-01-2002, 09:23 AM
thanks for the response...makes sense...

sandblasted
05-01-2002, 12:21 PM
Lowriver2....
Here is what I remember about the incident at florence and normandie..Newspeople in helicopters asking the same question over and over..Where is the LAPD? I watched on tv and asked it myself,where are the cops? I remember LASD Sheriff Sherm Block stating that if he knew the LAPD were not going to act he would have sent in 200 sheriffs deputies..that was before he knew the LAPD would be MIA.
and just like 'lakesmodified' I told myself if it was an LAPD officer getting his head caved in with a brick you guys would have been there in force with guns drawn, but it wasn't a cop it was just a truck driver with long hair and several other mexicans and Koreans coming home from work that got the shit kicked out of them..
If you take it personally I can't help that but the LAPD use to be an organization that was respected. They lost it that day and sad to say it's 10 years later and they still don't have it...
I have a lot of respect for the job police officers do and the shit you have to deal with but I do not respect the LAPD as an organization and apparently alot of your fellow officers don't either. If they did I don't think so many of them would be leaving for the Santa Ana PD etc..
anyhow, stay safe and watch your back out there...too many gangsters with guns in LA.

GM Killer
05-01-2002, 03:22 PM
LAPD...hell, arent they the ones that were held off by 2 guys with AKs at B of A a few years ago. Correct me if I am wrong, but there was something like 315 'officers', 9 dogs, and 2 tanks to round up and capture TWO guys.
Now, if it takes this kind of manpower for 2 guys, what do you expect to happen in the case of a riot? These guys call for backup while writing a traffic ticket.
This is not to say that being a cop is not rough or dangerous job, but they volunteered for it, and are getting paid well. The media doesnt help, but they control their own destiny and should keep the media under control in certain circumstances in order to perform their duites to best of there abilities. Cops are civil servants, paid by us, the TAX PAYING public. It just seems as though they are more concerned about the public on Well-fare, then they are the rest of us. If certain groups want to behave like animals, then treat them as so. Tie em up, lock em up, or just leave em in the 'jungle'. Either way, they would be out of our hair, and a cops job should be made much easier.

sleek-jet427
05-01-2002, 05:27 PM
Lowriver,,My hat goes off to you and all your fellow brothers out there trying their best to protect us...the finger pointing citizens that bitch and complain about the police every single chance we get.All those that call you "pigs"....I am sure they dial 911 when one of them gets wronged!THANK YOU !! You are in a lose lose situation( out gunned & outnumbered out there) ,,and I for one, Thank you. As for Irwindale, I was 2 miles away when it happened, let me tell you the city is behind you(LAPD). Find those bastards!! Dep. March......R.I.P !!!

lakesmodified
05-01-2002, 06:41 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GM Killer:
"This is not to say that being a cop is not rough or dangerous job, but they volunteered for it, and are getting paid well. Cops are civil servants, paid by us, the TAX PAYING public"
Sorry to paraphrase your post GM Killer, but when was the last time you worked as a cop?
I came on to this post tonight, to appologize to Lowriver, for I did go off last night regarding this issue. (Lowriver, I am sorry, I do understand the situation you men face, and as civilians, we only see the side that we want to see) Anyways, back to this "new" issue... Yes, they volunteered to be police officers, but "paid well" ? I'm not sure if you know what police officers are making these days, but for a profession, that every time you leave your wife and kids at home, they might never see you again... I really wonder what that's worth? You have idiots "playing" games... ie. professional sports, that are getting paid millions... A police officer in a big metropolitan city like LA is possibly making between $50-60K a year... Where's the "Great pay"? These guys should be making in excess of $100K/yr Ivan

beached1
05-01-2002, 06:43 PM
well said sleek.
My pot joke was just that, a joke.
The only thing I would change about the LAPD is to bring Chief Gates back.
Say what you want about the LAPD, but when Gates ran the show, they kicked ass. Everyone makes mistakes, including the LAPD. I'm glad there are people willing to work in such sh$t holes such as south central, Compton, Inglewood, etc.
BTW, I think it should be legal if the cops beat your stupid sorry ass if you run and endanger other lives. But I digress..

beached1
05-01-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by lakesmodified:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GM Killer:
These guys should be making in excess of $100K/yr Ivan
Uh they do with Overtime. And cops always get mucho OT. I have a lot of friends in Law enforcement. 100K is no prob for a guy with about 6 years under his belt.

beached1
05-01-2002, 06:52 PM
I guess I should also mention it depends on where they work. Obviously a cop in Adelanto, CA for example isn't going to bring down that kind of jack.

sandblasted
05-01-2002, 07:39 PM
Adelanto!! Ain't that the place where a cop was also a child molester or was that the Adelanto fire department?...
No amount of finger pointing by chief gates or hand wringing by low level staffers can change the fact that the LAPD stood by and did nothing while Reggie Denny and so many more had the shit kicked out of them.
and I stand by my statement that if it had been a cop getting his head caved in you guys would have been there in full force..
I appreciate the job cops have to do, i just will never rely on them for my own or my family's safety.

LOWRIVER2
05-01-2002, 09:34 PM
Well, there you have it, according to Sandblasted I just run away from things. Nope, sorry, not me. This forum has been good, remember, I will be the first to say, LA is/ has been controlled by a VERY liberal/anti law enforcement city council and police commission for the last 10yrs.
I make about $75,000 on average, sometimes a little more, sometimes less. The majority of my non police friends/neighbors make $125,000 and up. The same Santa Ana officer of my tenure makes roughly 105,000 and will retire at 20years with an 85% pension he gets at 50,90%for 25yrs. they are the highest paid in the state. One friend, a regular member of these boards, makes over $190,000 in sales. I look at all these comments and I think at least if anything positive comes from this, sandblasted and lakesmodified got to talk head on with an LAPD officer. I know alot of cops would'nt even bother. I used to be like that and I still sometimes think to myself "since you have'nt walked the line that I have, you're opinion is'nt squat since you have'nt been there" But you know what, that's too easy to brush off. You, the citizens, have a right to be heard and I accept the flak,
Sandblasted, you will never think I'm good enough and that's okay, I have folks in Watts that hate my uniform and badge for stuff that happened in 65', is it my fault?, no, do I take that blame along with the pride, sweat, blood and souls of those lost in the line of duty every day I put that badge on?, you damn well bet I do.
As to North Hollywood GMKiller, I don't ever profess to be a gearhead around here but firearms and bullet penetration are my specialty. I'd love to have me and my brother in law (Another "asshole" LAPD officer/Metro division) take an HK91,two AR15's /two AK47's and 2200 rounds of ammunition, put on full (head to toe) body armor and stand behind a Chevy Celebrity. I'll put you, lakes modified and ten other boaters of your choice behind cars, a cement block wall and a photo hut about 75yards away each with a 12gauge shotgun/20rounds, 9mm (weak)handgun with 100rounds and a .38caliber 5shot revolver with 5rounds. and let you try to take us out. I have no problem saying you'd be dead and we'll be alive. Of course, that can't happen. The weaponry we had in 97' was no match to those two. The then chief held back on paperwork to allow us officers to buy .45's (with our own money) and issue 12gauge slug rounds to officers. Of course, these bills were signed in immediately after the shootout, however late. GMkiller, I would like to know just how you would have taken these two out that day with a .38/12gauge and 9mm? SWAT was at the Elysian Park academy (luckily) and still took 45minutes to get there, LASO did'nt get there any faster and they were rolling too. Our officers were heroes and did as good as any department could have done that day and for you to think otherwise is without any merit or study on your part.
To those that support us (cops everywhere), thankyou, it matters to us and we are committed to doing better.
I will never tell anyone that cops will get there in time to every emergency, get a plan of defense with your families and plans to handle different emergencies until we do get there. The average response time for LAPD city wide is 7 1/2 minutes, not good in my book but better than the past, I have'nt seen any city with pops. over 100,000 below 5minutes. As for why I chose LAPD? I simply wanted to be in action, you just can't beat a big city for experience. In police work, you either work 25years or one year, 25 times repeated. The latter occurs in many suburban departments.
For the record, I have been hired by: Irvine, Orange and Anaheim (this means http://free.***boat.net/ubb/tongue.gifassed all tests,polygraph AND chief's oral) to those who are in the know. Why did'nt I go? because I like to work and work hard. Strange concept these days in the generation that's all about benefits and time off. I also did the job hires to prove to disgruntled officers that not all of us who stay at LAPD do so "because we can't go elsewhere".
Now, the fun part,
I've put this out here on the boards before,
I teach officers self defense at the Westchester Academy near LAX occasionally with the LAPD arrest and control unit, Sandblasted, GMkiller , I cordially invite you to meet me there and meet me on the mat. I see it as a way for you to vent your aggressions on LAPD, since, in your eyes, I am 1.weak,2.an asshole,3.only know reality from reading books,4.would only aid another officer and, 6.of course i'm only 5'06 and weigh 140lbs.(hehehe), so I'd be no challenge for either of you. You both live within 50miles, the invite is open. I said before I take responsibility for the failures of the past, now you can test my mettle and see for yourself if LAPD is any better. No I don't take anything above personally, yes, I'll always back my ass up and cash checks my mouth writes. GMkiller, I'll see you at LostLake this summer if you make it down there, should be some good conversation and more around the BBQ.
P.S.
Pipes Clean,
Your post seemed to be derogatory, was it?
Funny, when I was standing in your driveway a few months back showing you how to polish out oxidation on the boat you now have for sale, you seemed to be fine with me, I guess being a cop changes things, oh well.

future boater
05-01-2002, 09:55 PM
let it go they ****ed up...big deal, cops are people to they come in every shape, size and MOOD. oh well deal with it...

LOWRIVER2
05-02-2002, 03:47 AM
Hey, I have no hatred here for anyone, I simply back up what and who I/we are,I just put my best foot forward, I don't mean any harm, GMkiller is proud of his boat, I'm proud of what I do and will be glad to display my competence anytime. Hey, these guys wanted to talk about reality, that's reality and the BOTTOM LINE. No hostility here, if you folks want to keep on the same line of what my department does wrong, that's perfectly fine. If anything, maybe the venting by people around here helped somehow. If not, well, at least some sides of this issue were discussed. No one deserved to get beat down in 1992 and it's ashame my department failed at one of the worst times it possibly could. We screwed up. We are doing our best to ensure it does not go down that way again. I'll gladly give you folks a cold one at the river anytime, you pay my wages as you say, so of course, it's your beer anyways right? J/K

Jungle Boy
05-02-2002, 04:38 AM
Lowriver, You shouldn't have to defend yourself to these guys. It sounds like you are a good guy and proud of what you do. Some people will never like the cops and you will never change that. Keep up the good work. Most people do appreciate the work cops do.
JB

beached1
05-02-2002, 06:38 AM
Lowriver,
A question (is one I ask all my friends that are cops too) is why? Law Enforcement is a thankless, shit job. You guys don't seem to get the same respect as other public sevants like the Fire dept for example. Not to knock the FD guys (except the ones that wear their shirts that say "Fire Dept" on them evryday at the Gym) , but they're job is not as tuff as yours. We need them just as much as we need cops too. My only bitch about cops is when I got hooked up for a DUI a number of years ago. I got pulled over right as I was leaving a nudie bar with a car load of women! That should have required a police escort not a f**king duce!
But seriously, thanks for your service.

sandblasted
05-02-2002, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by sandblasted:
Lowriver2....
I have a lot of respect for the job police officers do and the shit you have to deal with but I do not respect the LAPD as an organization and apparently alot of your fellow officers don't either. If they did I don't think so many of them would be leaving for the Santa Ana PD etc..
anyhow, stay safe and watch your back out there...too many gangsters with guns in LA.
Lowriver2, here's part of my post you seemed to ignore. At no time have I attacked you personally or any other individual police officer.
For the record, my uncle was a Ventura Sheriff deputy, a Simi PD officer and a cop in colorado over a 20 year period. When I was 25 I was oh so close to being a CHP officer, was also going thru testing with LASD but had a problem with my background..Yes, futureboater, experimental drug use when you are 19 can hurt your law enforcement aspirations.
To this day I still have several friends in law enforcement. Most of them are with LASD or CHP. I had a few friends become LAPD officers, sad to say I can no longer call them friends because they chose to distance themselves from anyone who wasn't a cop. So be it.
I see the same bunker mentality in your responses. I say I lost respect for the LAPD as an organization and you automatically assume I dislike cops and want to meet on a mat so you can teach me a lesson. Whatever!
My loss of respect for the LAPD as an effective law enforcement agency is just my opinion and you know what, opinions are like assholes, everybody has one..if you think I'm an asshole join the club..Hell, my wife thinks I'm an asshole half the time.
anyhow, and I mean this sincerly, Stay safe out there!!

deserteagle
05-02-2002, 09:08 AM
Meet me on the Mat??? What a ****ing clown.
Thats very profesional coming from LAPDs finest. You got way to much time on your hands Brother, ive never seen so many long posts from one person. Take your cop hard-on to another forum.

PipesClean
05-02-2002, 09:44 AM
LowRiver,
Yes it was a deragatory comment! Nothing personal to the man that I met. This just seems like a different person speaking here. I was fine with you, you seemed pretty cool. It's just that I've met a lot of cops, and the majority of them have this Holier Than Thou, I'm the best, sickening attitude. Even though they do just as everybody else does. (drinking, driving, speeding....etc). Very hypocritical, thats all. In general, NOT the kind of people that I feel comfortable being around. Most of the time, I group all of you people into this category and maybe I shouldn't. I do appreciate some of standards and jobs cops do, but I do agree with comments made by Beached1 and Sandblasted.
I think speaking about and debating the duties, beliefs, and standards of cops is like politics, and religion. ............................you're NOT going to change what someone believes, or how they think about the subjects. You're just going to learn something negative about the way they perceive them.

LOWRIVER2
05-02-2002, 10:05 PM
Hey Deserteagle, nice name, why don't you check my post times, see, I'm out working in the streets and I don't have the luxury to write here when I work like you do in a nice, comfy sales office. Clown?, yeah right. Who made you in charge of my off duty time, I write here after my pm workout and before am workout, If you don't like my posts, here's a clue: DON'T READ THEM. This thread turned into discussing my job, sorry it does'nt fit your standard of what should be here.
Sandblasted, I did see your lines and I get your point about it not being personal, I won't, however, just sit by and watch people bag on where I work or the people I work for and not say something. I think anyone can respect that. You can say anything to my face when I'm at work and I won't say squat back, it does'nt matter there, but here, I will stick up for my peers, and admit the wrongs that have been done. Keeping friends who are'nt cops after joining is hard for all officers regardless of the dept., there's a lot more to that but I need some sleep.
Pipes Clean, I catch your drift, I'm not the best guy around for a party because I do take the higher standards that I am held to seriously as they apply to me only,not civilians. Ask the guy with the white boat you know that knows me when he saw me intoxicated or out of control, zilch, that does'nt mean I preach or look down on others, I just live my life on a quieter, more serious line because everything I do does get judged and has consequences(yes I chose this life) thanks for the reply.
Beached One and Jungle Boy, I did'nt come on here to get positive feed back but thanks from all of us out there.
Why I joined is a long one and I've written plenty already. Fire guys do have it tough, and deserve all the praise that's sent their way for sure. Each guy's reason is different, I still don't regret signing on. Have a good one guys, and if I ever have the good fortune of meeting Mr. Denny, I will, of course, buy him dinner, guarenteed.
LowRiver
Oh, I only fibbed about one thing (tried to make it a joke,did'nt come off right) I'm 6'03/220, sorry.

spectratoad
05-03-2002, 05:02 AM
DesertEagle,
Out of all this long thread that is the only response you could come up with? Seems to me you have just as much time on your hands to sit here and read this thread and reply with that. If you don't like this thread there are many others to read, or do you just feel left out because you only work with one syllable words and these long responses are out of your league. Sometimes it takes dialog like this to get everyone on both sides of the table back on the same page and having a good time.
I was never a lawman but I have been in the military all my life and to work with the officers through search & rescue stuff. Cops are a different breed but in the position you have to be. It would be hard to stand in front of someone with nobody else around who just raped a 7 year old and take them to jail when you have ample opportunity to kill them on the spot. Everyone is out to get the cops but you as the officer have to put that wall up and move on. Do that by day and go home and be a good husband/dad at night. I didn't become a cop because of that, I didn't knowe if I could do that.

Jrocket
05-03-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by beached1:
I got pulled over right as I was leaving a nudie bar with a car load of women! That should have required a police escort not a f**king duce!
But seriously, thanks for your service.
And maybe some help from a friend.Call me when ya get stuck with all those ladys next time.....HEHEHE...JR