PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Ford 6.0l Diesel trucks (03-04)?

STV_Keith
02-04-2005, 08:03 AM
I can make some WICKED deals this month on the Edge Juice/Attitude performance modules for these things. http://www.edgeproducts.com/ford.html
If you or a friend or whoever has one, and you've considered it - CALL ME. We're talking a MSRP of $900 and I can let it go for $550!
702-897-6263 - Ask for Keith
Just passing along the savings to my buds and their friends! Pass this on to anyone/everyone you know that might be interested. This month only!

sigepmock
02-04-2005, 08:57 AM
Off Topic here but what's with RBP, I saw their stuff the other day and it looks like they just took the Edge stuff and put their name on it??? :confused: And their exhaust looked stangley familar too????Any ideas?? Are they an Authorized Rep or what? Sorry just something I've been think about.
Chris

STV_Keith
02-04-2005, 09:59 AM
They do sell the Edge stuff. If you look at their unit, it still says Edge on the attitude display, and on the box (warranty sticker).

sigepmock
02-04-2005, 10:14 AM
Thanks, just wondering.

JetBoatRich
02-04-2005, 11:02 AM
Is that the complete kit, including monitor :rolleyes:
Awesome deal :idea:

Ivan Dan
02-04-2005, 11:23 AM
I can make some WICKED deals this month on the Edge Juice/Attitude performance modules for these things. http://www.edgeproducts.com/ford.html
If you or a friend or whoever has one, and you've considered it - CALL ME. We're talking a MSRP of $900 and I can let it go for $550!
702-897-6263 - Ask for Keith
Just passing along the savings to my buds and their friends! Pass this on to anyone/everyone you know that might be interested. This month only!
Hey Keith~
I might be hitting you up for one of these next week actually. I'm looking at a few trucks this weekend.
Any luck with the 04 1/2 - 05 Dodge Cummins yet?
Thanks
DAN

Thunder Struck
02-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Can you get them for an 05 ???

STV_Keith
02-04-2005, 03:21 PM
The 05 Ford units will be out in a month or so.
Yes, that price is for the JUICE WITH ATTITUDE for the 03-04 6.0l Powerstroke.
Dan, YES, I have the 600/610 Dodge units in stock now! Send me a PM on RRL and I can quote you a good price. :) Not as good as this though. :(

SoCal_fun
02-04-2005, 03:54 PM
Wish that deal was for the 2005... :(

jet4fun
02-07-2005, 11:50 AM
a question for you keith, i have been hearing for a long time that the edge is the way to go, and that has been my plan, but the other day i was told that people are starting to shy away from this unit because it has absolutely no tranny monitoring or programming, whereas some of the other units also help with the tranny programming/monitoring
is this true, or am i hearing B.S. :confused:

jet4fun
02-14-2005, 02:25 PM
a question for you keith, i have been hearing for a long time that the edge is the way to go, and that has been my plan, but the other day i was told that people are starting to shy away from this unit because it has absolutely no tranny monitoring or programming, whereas some of the other units also help with the tranny programming/monitoring
is this true, or am i hearing B.S. :confused:
just wondering if the deal is still going, also wondering about my previous question if anyone has any input :confused:

STV_Keith
02-15-2005, 10:45 AM
Yes, the deal is good through the end of this month. The deal with the trans is this...it doesn't understand what happens when you adjust the power levels up and down. It takes some time to "learn" the new power setting and will shift funky until it does.
The moral here is to put it in one power setting that you like and leave it. Once it learns that power level, it will be fine.

Rubths
02-15-2005, 05:01 PM
Yes, the deal is good through the end of this month. The deal with the trans is this...it doesn't understand what happens when you adjust the power levels up and down. It takes some time to "learn" the new power setting and will shift funky until it does.
The moral here is to put it in one power setting that you like and leave it. Once it learns that power level, it will be fine.
I have had my for 04 6.0 for 8+ months and the edge still has not learned my tranny :frown:

STV_Keith
02-15-2005, 06:03 PM
I heard you got rid of your box. No?

Rubths
02-15-2005, 06:47 PM
I heard you got rid of your box. No?
Have not sold it as yet. I hoped when you sent me the new box my tranny problem would have gone away but it remained the same. Levels 1 & 2 worked great, level 3 you would notice a change in the shifting speed but levels 4-5 the tranny shift were so bad I was afraid of warranty problems and I hated uninstalling the unit to take the truck in for service. Dont get me wrong I liked the power increase BUT Edge never could make the Juice work with the tranny. My hunch is that they have come out with a NEW IMPROVED unit thus blowing out all the old inventory so nowone is stuck with a bag of goods they cant sell but we will never know untill the new units are released.

Jrocket
02-15-2005, 07:12 PM
I used to think that as well but no it doesnt.Theyre just not able to shit with that much added HP.3 is ok,4 is so so,and 5...forget it.Im on my 3rd box and its still not good.

STV_Keith
02-16-2005, 08:48 AM
My hunch is that they have come out with a NEW IMPROVED unit thus blowing out all the old inventory so nowone is stuck with a bag of goods they cant sell but we will never know untill the new units are released.
Actually, the skinny is that the new box will cover the 03 to 05 trucks, not just 03/04, so these older 03/04 only boxes are getting blown out. Has nothing to do with the function of the box. Because it doesn't take control of the trans (leaves it alone), what it is, is what it is.

jet4fun
02-16-2005, 04:40 PM
Actually, the skinny is that the new box will cover the 03 to 05 trucks, not just 03/04, so these older 03/04 only boxes are getting blown out. Has nothing to do with the function of the box. Because it doesn't take control of the trans (leaves it alone), what it is, is what it is.
i have heard of people stacking the edge (or other plug in modules like the quadzilla and bullydog) with a flash programmer such as the superchips or pretador units, i guess the reason is because the flash programmers have calibrations to improve the shifting of the tranny(something the plug in modules dont have), but the plug in modules like the attitute/edge system give you "on the fly" adjustability, and a screen to monitor functions(so you dont have to add pillar gauges, and some say they make way more power too...
how true is this keith, p.s. whats your website and where are you located

STV_Keith
02-17-2005, 08:05 AM
There are people stacking boxes like that. Not sure that it's because they need one for the trans and one for the power - most guys that spend the money to stack just want as much power as they can get without having to mechanically modify the thing.
The problem is, even with the 125hp the Juice/Attitude gives, you're already into EGT backdown. More power = sooner backdown and more of it. What's the point really? Until we can get more air in and out to drop the EGT's, it's pointless for real world use. Now, if you're just drag racing it, that's a different story.

jet4fun
02-17-2005, 04:10 PM
true, true... well that thing i heard about stacking the boxes was from a couple of diesel nuts, they told me that the flash programmers were nice because you could change the settings of the tranny to make it shift better with the added power... they said the reason for the stacking was because they liked having the plug in module like the edge/attitude so they could back down the power(or raise it) on the fly, they also said that the attitude was a nice alternative to having to add the BIG3 gauges to the A pillar... when i asked about how it works with basically 2 power adders running on top of eachother they said that the way to do it was to leave the flash programmer on its minimum setting just to gain the tranny calibrations, and that way you arent running both programs on kill which could cause a lot of problems :220v: , they said the ultimate is to have a diesel shop that knows what they are doing (obviously) make you a custom flash designed to work in conjunction with the add on module that basically only makes the needed changes to the tranny so the box can do the rest as far as making more power
I obviously dont know enough about this, but it seems like a lot of work and money just to control only the tranny, why cant someone make a plug in module that also controls the tranny, wouldnt this completely erase the need for a flash programmer???