PDA

View Full Version : Keel to Thrust Line Distance

PC Rat
02-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Reading the thread about which droop to use, raised another question. What should the distance be from the thrust line to the keel line?
I'm sure it's different between different hulls and amount of power.
What other pieces of information would you need to know to figure it out?
Brian

Squirtin Thunder
02-04-2005, 02:54 PM
Well if I remember right this is what Jack@MPD said at the races. You do not want any less than 3/4" to the ride plate and the lower tiller pin. Hope that helps !!
Jim

PC Rat
02-07-2005, 05:09 PM
ttt

BrendellaJet
02-07-2005, 06:22 PM
I know nothing about this, but Ive never come across anyone ever stating there was a correct answer. Every boat is different seems to be the answer most of the time. You trying to go faster? How fast is your boat already? LV Jetboy has a pplacecraft, maybe you can talk to him...

victorfb
02-07-2005, 06:37 PM
i built my boat from scratch sort of speak and didnt have any prior knowledge of what it needed. but i used a droop and diverter with the ride plate at about 4.5 degrees. i messed with the ride plate for a while and just couldnt get rid of the porposing and funky ride. i had to run the diverter draging in the water pointed down to keep the bow from wanting to come up. then after thinking about it i realized with the droop, i lowered the thrust line way too much. so i installed a 2 degree wedge to lift the droop and thrust line. now it seems to be just right. what the measurement is i have no idea, but like some have allready said, each hull is differant. i think you are going to have to just trial and error it till you find the way you like the boats ride. good luck.