PDA

View Full Version : carb question

Terrible Buddhist
06-20-2001, 07:45 AM
Sorry this is a repeat, but I am looking for a little more advice...is there a way to get around boost referencing a carb on a turbo application? Over jet w/ no boosters maybe? Just pour the gas in by hand?

mister460
06-20-2001, 11:01 AM
Now, don't hold me to this cause I've only built draw-though turbo and blower setups. I do know that you need to provide boost pressure to the bowls on the carbs as well as a fuel pressure regulator that is adjusted by the air pressure. This way your fuel pressure always stays 6-7 lbs above boost pressure. A high pressure pump is also required. The regulator is specially made for this kind of appliction. I don't know if that answered your question but I figured I'd give it a try! Anyway, good luck with your setup!!

turbo
06-20-2001, 03:34 PM
there is a book out there that may help you by HP books its called turbochargers. it covers carburetion I don't know if that will help, the setup I just did was a draw through.

Terrible Buddhist
06-21-2001, 05:47 AM
I have a draw through as well

ponponracing
06-21-2001, 05:58 PM
Terrible, read carefully that book. If you don't understand what it says, don't turn the page but read again till you catch everything. After understanding what is in there, your turbo will fly you to the moon! There is also the excellent Holley book.