PDA

View Full Version : steve foster

miller killer
01-24-2002, 05:57 PM
does anybody have info on the so called legend of these millers,steve foster,by the way shoemaker is a dickhead?

RiverDave2
01-24-2002, 06:14 PM
So I take it you don't like Greg shoemaker?
RD

miller killer
01-24-2002, 06:38 PM
Shoemaker lost a the original pump in southwind 377 boat about 10 years ago.my brother in-law had to buy another pump,every time i called for advice he would push place diverter,just like in every jet tech he did.he was always snooty and just never helped me or any of my buddies out.Tom papp has always gone out of his way to help us.thats where i spend my money now.

Dimarco Kid
01-24-2002, 07:08 PM
Your entitled to your opinion, don't get me wrong. But it's very "un-cool" to call someone a dickhead in a public forum. Whether you like him or not, if you think he's a dickhead, just call him up and tell him, AND you'll probably say you already did that so, he knows that you think he's a dickhead and you know it too. All the more reason to keep it to yourself. Take care!

miller killer
01-24-2002, 07:50 PM
Demarco kid,i guess your right about calling him a dickhead and yes i told him i thought he was a dickhead,so i guess i will quit calling him a dickhead on the site,i guess fame gets to people.

riodog
01-25-2002, 12:36 AM
Gee dickhead,,, uh I mean killer miller, if you'd been around a little longer you'd have learned that you could have eased into the subject and gotten your point across and it might have been received in a different light. Greg is an active member of these forums and has always been willing to answer questions, give advice, etc., and even when someone is making negative comments about him, does not refer to them in any disrespectful manner.
NOW, tell Greg you're sorry, he'll forgive you, and he may even help you with your questions!
RioDog
M.W. Fulton

Dimarco Kid
01-25-2002, 05:59 AM
Miller, I know how you feel, I feel the same way about of alot of people! It's easy to get wound up and go "overboard" with it! LOL
Take it easy, man!
D Kid
P.S. I poked a little fun at ya in another topic, just trying to "welcome" you to the site! LOL We all try to keep it real in here!

fat rat
01-25-2002, 08:03 AM
((((((BOOM)))))))(((((((BOOM))))))))

ROZ
01-25-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by miller killer:
Shoemaker lost a the original pump in southwind 377 boat about 10 years ago.my brother in-law had to buy another pump,every time i called for advice he would push place diverter,just like in every jet tech he did.he was always snooty and just never helped me or any of my buddies out.Tom papp has always gone out of his way to help us.thats where i spend my money now.
Are you serious? 10 Years ago? GS lost you brother-in-law's pump 10 years ago? Still so much anger and hostility. Are you a Hatfield or a McCoy? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/eek.gif Just because you thought he was a chump to you and your cronies doesn't mean he's not any help to anyone else. Besides, maybe he was being a jerk to you because you were being a jerk to him and didn't realize it. It's normal to push a product you like. I saw your site. Don't you do it? I do. Normally the products a sales guy likes, and sells, don't come back. Let it go man. Life is more fulfilling without the stress. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif Dimarco Kid will smoke a doobie with ya. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
[This message has been edited by ROZ (edited January 25, 2002).]
[This message has been edited by ROZ (edited January 25, 2002).]

rivercrazy
01-25-2002, 10:35 AM
Simple. Boycott Miller Killer's posts from now on.
Its obvious he doesn't know Greg Shoemaker. He is a stand up guy....

HoJoe69
01-25-2002, 10:51 AM
Hey PickleSmoker... errr MillerKiller..
I've dealt with GS a few times. He's a stand up guy. Always picks up the phone himself when you call for tech support.Even to answer some of my dumb questions. Try that with some other companies, even ones that post here for that matter. Like it was mentioned before, pick up the phone, give him another try. It I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
Joe

Havasu_Dreamin
01-25-2002, 10:54 AM
It's so easy to hide behind a screen name and then just start talking trash. Why don't you read Essex502's post in the topic started by Hot Boat, you may learn something. Until then, I'm with RC.
HD

FoMoCo
01-25-2002, 01:14 PM
I have to disagree with the fact that he always anwsers his own phone! I ordered a pair of fiberglass buckest from him about 10 months ago.. I had to deal with his secratary.! They told me 2 weeks, called 3 weeks later, The secratary told me they have not come in yet but they will probabley go out this week! WRONG. I ended up calling back 2weeks after that to see waht the Hell was up! She told me that Greg Would personally call me back THAT DAY. NOPE, So I called back the next day, she told me the same thing! I waited, no call!! By this time I did not really think this was good bussiness practice! SO I gave him another week. I finally called back for the last time, and said I need the seats now or I don't want them! She said they had a pair that where a little wider than the ones I wanted FOR A LITTLE MORE MONEY! I SAID FINE JUST SEND ME WHAT YOU HAVE!!!! So that was the last time I will call or buy anything from G.S. Marine ..
I am not saying Greg is a bad person but I would of thought it nice for him to acually call me back, to let me know that the seats were not in.
Just my experience, I am sure he has helped many people!

Havasu_Dreamin
01-25-2002, 01:35 PM
For those of you that just don't get it when it comes to issues like this him, FoMoCo did it the right way. Gave a specific example and spelled out why he was frustrated yet did not PERSONALLY attack the person in questiion by calling him derogatory names.
HD

hack job
01-25-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by miller killer:
hey i would say that is he is nice and shoot stright with you most of the time . i had asked him some questions and ,given hhim very little info and he was able to shoot me a straight up answer. i think hes a good guy. but once again that is like my opion.

OneBadScorpion
01-25-2002, 02:01 PM
Well lets talk about greg. Inmy case, I've had the opportunity to spend money, seek advise, receive knowledge from Greg, when NO OTHER jet guru's had the answer. Greg Advised me on building my 532 CID Ford, my blower and FI hat, when others were too busy or their response was "bring it to the shop".
How many others out in public business, will you find, that have been with jets for 20+ years, who keep the "jet alive" like greg.
I know I don't need to defend the "SHOEMAKER"
but in my case, I consider him a great friend, knowledgable jet tech, a business professional and most of all a person who will go out of his way, to assure customer satification, much less pick up the phone and give ya instructions when yout a 1000 miles away.
GREG--keep doing the great job that you do do....
Dave

rivercrazy
01-25-2002, 02:22 PM
I totally agree. Greg has gone out of his way to provide me with free advise over the phone. He had nothing to gain by leading me in the right direction. In fact, when I wanted him to do some work for me, he was so strait up, he strongly advised me against it stating the dollars spent would not be worth the gain.

miller killer
01-25-2002, 07:18 PM
one bad scorpion,what kind of boat do you got,is it a eliminator scorpion,if so how does it run?smart choice on motor,those big inch fords are good combos.