PDA

View Full Version : ? For you pump Guru's

BLEWBAYOU1
02-06-2005, 03:09 PM
I just purchased an AmericanTurbine AT-309 jet Drive with shoe, ride plate & SS impeller to replace my Berk.JC pump that doesn't have Shoe,ride plate or SS impeeler. I only paid $1575.00 For everything new in box. So my ? is I want to use my Hydrolic Place diverter off of my JC pump on my new AT-309. Do they sell a nozzle that will adapt the two together? And is the bolt pattern the same on the AT bowl as a Jg bowl? If so I guess I can buy a berk Nozzle or a snook correct? :idea: Thanks guys. :)
Here are some pictures of what I bought.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/782New_AT_Pump.JPG
I have never seen a grate like this, it has two small loader ramps built in.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/782MVC-014F.JPG
Changeable nozzle inserts.This is a 3.250 dia. sleeve.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/782dia_3_250.JPG
Brian :cool:

BLEWBAYOU1
02-06-2005, 03:30 PM
Thanks Duane, The answer is yes I can use a snoot on my pump.
Ok, what do you guys think about a pump set back being I'm changing my Intake? Is it worth it for a lake boat? My current set up is a basicly stock 460BBf with jc-A pump and place diverter. My best at the end of summer was 70.2mph GPS @ 4800rpm's ,Average about 68mph. I don't ever have a problem with unloading the pump, but I think it rides to wet. I am planning to stroke the motor to a 514 and about 500 HP.Hopefully :eek:
One more thing I forgot the AT pump has a AA SS impeller is that to big? Should I cut it down to a "A" or maybe "AB"? I guess that depends on my motors RPM's at peak HP.correct? :confused:

Ken F
02-06-2005, 04:27 PM
Blew,
From my experience, the setback was the best thing I ever did for the "heavy" old Omega. it really helped with making it sit back on it's haunches! If you are going to change the intake anyway, why not go with a setback? You are going to be damn near there anyway.
Secondly I would advise you wait until you get your boat back together & see where you are before doing any whitteling on the impeller, especially if you are planning a large upgrade in HP, as in the 514.
Ken F

BLEWBAYOU1
02-06-2005, 04:36 PM
Blew,
From my experience, the setback was the best thing I ever did for the "heavy" old Omega. it really helped with making it sit back on it's haunches! If you are going to change the intake anyway, why not go with a setback? You are going to be damn near there anyway.
Secondly I would advise you wait until you get your boat back together & see where you are before doing any whitteling on the impeller, especially if you are planning a large upgrade in HP, as in the 514.
Ken F
Thanks Ken, thats the same advise Don (Squirt) game me yesterday at Jethros birthday party. :cool:
Brian :wink:

lilrick
02-06-2005, 08:13 PM
set it back brotha! you wont regret it, i did and loved the improvments

Bailey
02-06-2005, 08:24 PM
I would try the boat with the upgraded motor before you set the pump back.
There' s a guy with the same boat as yours same color even with a 502 and a single carb and he's doing around 90 no set back. Im going to build a 514 for my eliminator also can't wait.

Wild Bill
02-07-2005, 08:40 AM
You got all that for 1500 bucks? Who did you buy it from?

BrendellaJet
02-07-2005, 08:55 AM
if you are doing the pump switch before the motor, do the setback. If your hull can do 90 with no setback, it will go faster with the setback(most likely)

sdba069
02-07-2005, 09:23 AM
I don't think you can go wrong with the setback. I think you'll probably end up with an "AB" or "B" cut on the impeller, but it would probably be wise to test with it the way it is before making a cut, hard to put it back on. You can figure about 400 RPM per full cut, sometimes a little more. That was a hell of a deal on the parts. If you set the pump back, don't move the motor back with it. Lengthen the shaft or add the jetaway and leave the motor close to the original location.

BLEWBAYOU1
02-07-2005, 06:35 PM
You got all that for 1500 bucks? Who did you buy it from?
I bought it from a guy in florida off of E-Bay for $1575.00 With everything SS impeller, Shoe,& SS Ride Plate. New in Box's.

BLEWBAYOU1
02-07-2005, 06:43 PM
if you are doing the pump switch before the motor, do the setback. If your hull can do 90 with no setback, it will go faster with the setback(most likely)
I wish it did 90. A cool 70.2 GPS best.Not bad for a original 1979 460 BBF. So now I'm leaning towards setback , I'll wait on the impeller size change untill after I stroke the motor to a 514. :idea:
Thanks for all inputs.
Brian :)

Wild Bill
02-08-2005, 09:16 AM
Congrats, Blew! Wish I could find a deal like that!