PDA

View Full Version : HEADER BAFFLES?

sleek
02-17-2002, 08:44 PM
I AM SWITCHING FROM THRU HULL TO OT. HEADERS. I MAINLY USE THE BOAT IN MD AND LAKE ANNA VA. I AM NOT USED TO GETTING HASSLED BY COPS FOR NOISE! ARE THEY THAT STRICT? WHAT KIND OF BAFFLES ARE BEST FOR NOISE CONTROL ON BASSET OR REWARDER HEADERS? DO YOU STILL GET HASSLED WITH THE BAFFLES IN?

77charger
02-17-2002, 08:49 PM
i use the rex marine slip in type they really work good and shut down the noise esp at idle and even cruise speed i only lose about 50-100 rpm at wot.Motor is pretty healthy also.I think they were about a 100 per pair.

LVjetboy
02-18-2002, 01:03 AM
I ran Bassetts w/ slip-ins on Lake Anna for a couple years, never got hassled. They're pretty loud...we wear ear plugs running.
jer

sleek
02-19-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by LVjetboy:
I ran Bassetts w/ slip-ins on Lake Anna for a couple years, never got hassled. They're pretty loud...we wear ear plugs running.
jer
WHAT BRAND SLIP-INS? THEY AVAILABLE THROUGH BASSETT?

Harlem
02-19-2002, 04:51 PM
Dont make my mistake, Get baffles!!
I just launched my boat in Laughlin at the
Davis park launch ramp, was not on the river
for more than 15 minutes, and got my $120.00
ticket for not having baffles! and was told to get off of the river and dont come back till I have some!!!
After he gave me a alcohol test! 10:30 in the morning!!

LVjetboy
02-19-2002, 05:32 PM
I have the swirl type...two plates on inside swirl exhaust (as opposed to straight through...Rex has both) I think Bassett sells some too, not sure the type and don't have the catalog handy. Last year I cut them in half with a slight improvement in performance and a small increase in noise. I doubt even the full baffles would pass a noise test anyway, but the halves pass visual.
jer

sleek
02-27-2002, 08:17 PM
ANYONE ELSE GOT INFO FOR ME???? THANKS A BUNCH!!!!

DickDanger
02-27-2002, 08:25 PM
I only know of Bassett, but I have a pair of their baffles in my OTT headers, and they have worked great so far. I did notice a SLIGHT loss of RPM, but not enough to really matter. Just slip em in, one screw keeps em in place. Usually, the cops will just look to see if they are in the headers, and a lot of guys seem to cut em in half, so just that the ends are visible. Anyhow, you can hit the Bassett Racing website. -DD out

77charger
02-27-2002, 08:25 PM
like i said try the rex marine slip in ones i have them in my bassets and they really work good cost around a 100 bucks but worth it.trust me.and no i have NEVER been harrased with them.

Aduner2
02-27-2002, 10:39 PM
I'm using the new Bassett baffles I got from Rex Marine. Never had a "excessive noise" problem running them. Didn't see any rpm loss at the tach. I like these better than the Bassett screw type, which I had on another boat.

wideopen545
02-28-2002, 05:49 PM
hey i got some used twist ins for bassett ill take 75.00 tim 540.427.2090

Dimarco Kid
02-28-2002, 07:05 PM
I pulled off my Bassetts and now run zoomies. The only way to go. Oh shit, sorry, I thought this topic was about making your boat louder, my bad! LOL
D Kid

LEMON SQUIRT
03-03-2002, 01:52 AM
from my experiance the cops dont have decible testers they just look too see if theres something in the pipes thats why me and 3 buddies welded our own baffles --a hollow spacer about 3-5 inches long with 3 fins welded leangth wise and a nut attatched to them I've had a few cops check them. YOU KNOW YOUR A LITTLE LOUD YOUR SUPPOSED TOO RUN BAFFELS HERE--OHHH YOU DO HAVE THEM WELL HAVE A NICE DAY. I tell it works every time plus NO POWER LOSS-NO NOISE LOSS-and thier FREE

sleek
03-10-2002, 09:55 PM
THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO!!