PDA

View Full Version : CS19 Exhaust

Taylorman
02-06-2005, 08:39 PM
What kind of trick exhaust are these? Saw them in the image center. Are they water jacketed? Whats with the tips and the braided line going into them?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/409IMGP0245.JPG

jet4fun
02-06-2005, 08:45 PM
looks cheap

TRG
02-06-2005, 08:50 PM
looks cheap....but from what ive heard,....decent results!

jet4fun
02-06-2005, 08:52 PM
....but from what ive heard,....decent results!
well they do say you get what you pay for, besides it's only money

Taylorman
02-06-2005, 08:56 PM
What kind are they.

TRG
02-06-2005, 08:58 PM
that look really does not offend me compared to the others ive used that will most likely be offered from the other header co.s! wanna talk about cheap??

TRG
02-06-2005, 08:59 PM
i wanna say "Burns SS"

steelcomp
02-06-2005, 09:16 PM
It's the new Burnsonic DR1 racing collector/muffler. Pretty trick, pretty pricy.
It's a merge collector/ muffler in one, and supposedly betters the NHRA 95db limit requirement with no power or tq loss. Nice ding. :cool: :coffeycup

MudPumper
02-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Try looking here. Bad Dude (http://www.burnsstainless.com/DragMuffler/dragmuffler.html)
By the looks of the ladder in the background I suspect a photo shoot in progress. Maybe we should look for a future write up in HB???????

TRG
02-06-2005, 09:21 PM
if its the cats meow,...im getting a set for thew lil tug'! (& i know their spendy!) beats going out to needles for a court date!

Taylorman
02-06-2005, 09:30 PM
It's the new Burnsonic DR1 racing collector/muffler. Pretty trick, pretty pricy.
It's a merge collector/ muffler in one, and supposedly betters the NHRA 95db limit requirement with no power or tq loss. Nice ding. :cool: :coffeycup
WTF would nhra have a db limit?

Cs19
02-06-2005, 10:07 PM
Just doing some muffler testing with DNE motorsports. I wasnt planing on starting a thread, just wanted to store a few photos in the image center.
DNE and Burns Stainless are working on getting us OT header guys a muffler that costs no HP losses and gets us below the DB limit that the new law requires. Still have some more testing to do, but we are making progress.
Taylorman, no, they are not water jacketed, and the braided line is for water injection.
Thanks.
CS

Blown 472
02-07-2005, 06:01 AM
WTF would nhra have a db limit?
Because some whiney ass people that live near tracks complain.

UBFJ #454
02-08-2005, 07:36 PM
Chris -
Are those your Stepped SS Headers or are they a Burns Test Set?

Cs19
02-08-2005, 07:46 PM
I wish they were mine, they are a Burns test set. :wink:
However, Im working on getting a set for my boat,if it happens, Ill see about getting him to make a fixture as well.
CS

steelcomp
02-08-2005, 07:49 PM
I wish they were mine, they are a Burns test set. :wink:
However, Im working on getting a set for my boat,if it happens, Ill see about getting him to make a fixture as well.
CS
What are the tube sizes on those, and what's up with the square flange openings? They look like typical Burns magic. Best in the bus, AFAIC. :coffeycup

Fogged Gullwing
02-08-2005, 08:28 PM
Like anything else Burns does you'll have to have a winning lotto ticket to afford them :2purples: I think the Stainless collectors alone with no mufflers go for 350.00 ea. Back to my bassetts!!!!!!! If I get a little ahead Jim at Rewarder said he'd make me a new set for about a grand.
Later BK

UBFJ #454
02-09-2005, 06:34 AM
Yep, Burns SS Headers Are High Dollar Items ... But for a High Performance Race Only Motor They Are Well Worth The Money As They Are Built (Tuned) To Derive The Maximum Hp From A Particular Motor. We particularily like Burn's Tunable Collector System though we haven't really investigated its real potential as we have, to date, been more concerned with our boats bottom and its hardware and haven't needed to squeeze every bit of Hp out of 'Ms. MoneyPenny' (couldn't effectively use any more Hp) ... That may change this coming year.
Remember here that I'm talking about our use of Burn's System on our Purely Race Motor in the 1/4 Mile Drag Race Environment where every Hundredth of A Second Off The Clock Counts (and Can Be Pricey) and not on a recreational motor in a lake or river boat. In the latter case, I'm not sure they can really be Cost Justified even though they have some very desireable characteristics.

superdave013
02-09-2005, 06:56 AM
Burns has some cool stuff. My turbo tail pipes are getting fabbed with their products.

bp
02-14-2005, 06:02 PM
i believe the idea is to come up with a set of burns mufflers like this that will fasten up with bassetts or rewarders, and meet the new requirements without affecting performance.

Taylorman
02-14-2005, 06:45 PM
What does the new law state? Is it a certain db from a certain distance?
Comparing a jet boat with Bassett ot pipes and a jet boat with lightning thru hull water jacketed exhaust, how much quieter will the lightnings be?

bp
02-14-2005, 07:19 PM
in ca or az, either one better have mufflers or it won't pass. the test is described in the latest issue of ***boat in pretty good detail. they listed the laws for a lot of different states. ca and az laws have been on the books, llea just haven't been enforcing very much. apparently, they will be doing that now.

steelcomp
02-14-2005, 07:35 PM
That sucks! One of the main reasons I have a hot boat is because it was something I didn't have to take to the race track to run uncorked!! (got tired of tickets on the street!) There's nothing like the music of an uncorked big block V8 turnin some rpm!! :D :coffeycup

steelcomp
02-14-2005, 07:37 PM
i believe the idea is to come up with a set of burns mufflers like this that will fasten up with bassetts or rewarders, and meet the new requirements without affecting performance.
These will work...just get out the sawzall, and ya know where the four big pipes come together.... :wink:

wsuwrhr
02-14-2005, 09:27 PM
That sucks! One of the main reasons I have a hot boat is because it was something I didn't have to take to the race track to run uncorked!! (got tired of tickets on the street!) There's nothing like the music of an uncorked big block V8 turnin some rpm!! :D :coffeycup
The single most reason why I quit messing with cars in the first place.
Too many tickets, and too many problems.
Now it seems there is no difference.
Brian

LVjetboy
02-15-2005, 02:29 AM
"The single most reason why I quit messing with cars in the first place. Too many tickets, and too many problems. Now it seems there is no difference."
Me too. But there's still the no speed limit thingy. After that? F*ck um. I'll break the law until they strap me in and throw the switch.
BTW, you think I'm BS? Just got nailed by Utah SP yesterday (14 Feb) exceeding the legal speed limit back from Lake Powell...light traffic so no warning trigger. Instant-on Ka band plus detector detector in an unmarked white Dodge Ram P/U.
A nuisance ticket, but still? May our lake refuge from over-regulation and intruding big-brother government never become this. Otherwise, true Hot Boating is screwed forever.
jer

Cs19
02-15-2005, 09:00 AM
Bp is right.
The pics that are posted on the first page of this thread are just another muffler DNE has available.
The other more common/cheaper type muffler will be for all the standard headers and looks nothing like the one above, after the next test session,Ill post pics and DB readings,etc.
CS

superdave013
02-15-2005, 09:18 AM
I'm going to spend some money with Burns today.
I don't need as much muffler as the turbos knock down the noise pretty good already.
This is the one I'm going to talk to them about. They will have turnups welded to the ends.
http://www.burnsstainless.com/UltraliteMuffler/a_SSmuf-8.gif

steelcomp
02-15-2005, 06:00 PM
I'm going to spend some money with Burns today.
I don't need as much muffler as the turbos knock down the noise pretty good already.
This is the one I'm going to talk to them about. They will have turnups welded to the ends.
http://www.burnsstainless.com/UltraliteMuffler/a_SSmuf-8.gif
Dave...are you goping to run those right off the turbo housing?

Taylorman
03-10-2005, 10:18 AM
Any update on these exhaust?

Cs19
03-10-2005, 09:46 PM
No, not yet. We are going try a new set of mufflers in the very near future, I will keep you posted.
You could always go this route. :jawdrop: No thanks!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2311unchexhaust5.jpg

WILDERTHANU
03-10-2005, 10:07 PM
WTF....LMFAO!!! I JUST PISSED MYSELF CHRIS...THATS FUNNY SHIT.

Fogged Gullwing
03-10-2005, 10:30 PM
Dave you remember the old saying about adjusting your muffler bearings? Now you can justify it!!! Turbo's are muffler bearings!!!!!
Damn Mr. Hand quit eating my pizza~!~~~~
BK