PDA

View Full Version : Props to Ultra28

Havasu_Dreamin
02-07-2005, 08:05 AM
Gotta give props to John West of Ultra. He took easily 45 minutes out of his day on Saturday morning to just BS with my dad and I at the boat show knowing that we were not in the market to buy and knowng that we owned a competing brand. Just stood around talking about boats and the industry in general. John, it was great talking with you. You are a class act all the way.

cola
02-07-2005, 08:14 AM
Gotta give props to John West of Ultra. He took easily 45 minutes out of his day on Saturday morning to just BS with my dad and I at the boat show knowing that we were not in the market to buy and knowng that we owned a competing brand. Just stood around talking about boats and the industry in general. John, it was great talking with you. You are a class act all the way.
Was John & Ron from Essex partners at one time.

Kilrtoy
02-07-2005, 12:12 PM
John is a great guy.
The kids wanted to meet the guy who makes the Fear Factor Boat. So we went down and he was busy selling stuff, but still took a minute to say hi to the kids and gave them permission to get into the Fear Factor Boat. That made their day......
John is a class act

WILDERTHANU
02-07-2005, 12:20 PM
Was John & Ron from Essex partners at one time.
I BELIEVE THE SANCHEZ BROTHERS AND ULTRA BOATS WAS PRE JOHN WEST.

THOR
02-07-2005, 12:35 PM
I BELIEVE THE SANCHEZ BROTHERS AND ULTRA BOATS WAS PRE JOHN WEST.
D. Sanchez?

Kilrtoy
02-07-2005, 01:39 PM
D. Sanchez?
That would explain alot :2purples:

OGShocker
02-07-2005, 02:12 PM
That would explain alot :2purples:
BIGOT!!!! :2purples: :hammerhea

Kilrtoy
02-07-2005, 02:13 PM
BIGOT!!!! :2purples: :hammerhea
and why is this

THOR
02-07-2005, 02:17 PM
D. Sanchez has nothing to do with race OG.

Kilrtoy
02-07-2005, 02:25 PM
D. Sanchez has nothing to do with race OG.
he is a little slow , that's what happens with age......
I'll help him out
DIRTY SANCHEZ....

RiverDave
02-07-2005, 02:31 PM
Just to throw my two cents in here. John West is about as class act as they can come in my book. I could tell you guys some stories about how he's helped me out in the past and even recently. Ultimately though, I'll say John West is the primary reason that I am giving this billet marine biz a try, and he is one of the main reasons that I am still in biz and growing.
RD

THOR
02-07-2005, 02:33 PM
he is a little slow , that's what happens with age......
I'll help him out
DIRTY SANCHEZ....
I am having a hard time not laughing right now.

THOR
02-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Just to throw my two cents in here. John West is about as class act as they can come in my book. I could tell you guys some stories about how he's helped me out in the past and even recently. Ultimately though, I'll say John West is the primary reason that I am giving this billet marine biz a try, and he is one of the main reasons that I am still in biz and growing.
RD
I have to agree here. John hooked my Dad up on a boat a few years ago, and hooked me up with mine. Good guy he is.

BarryMac
02-07-2005, 02:54 PM
Yeap, John West is a class act, I was really suprised when I met him in person for the first time, when you hear of succesful guys like him you would antcipate that they are unapproachable, that is not the case with him, he is genuine and down to earth.

TheEduKATor
02-07-2005, 04:42 PM
I first met John a couple of years ago after I made a post that I was looking for a new prop. Even though I had never met him and don't own one of his boats, he told me to stop by the shop and he would take care of me. Since then I've run into him at SEMA the last two years and Ms.EduKATor and I saw him last Saturday at the boat show and he is never too busy to say hello and chat. Definately a good guy.

GrapeApe
02-07-2005, 04:43 PM
I will Agree, John as well as Steve have been Great to work with.. Just waiting for Team Ultra Kool-Aid...... ;)
*** Grape Ape ***

Havasu Hangin'
02-07-2005, 04:48 PM
John's a good guy.
Is "Ultra28" his age? :confused:

BarryMac
02-07-2005, 04:54 PM
John's a good guy.
Is "Ultra28" his age? :confused:
Just about, I think he might me the ripe old age of 32... :yuk:

jbtrailerjim
02-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Yep, I agree with what the above have mentioned too about John. He is just a cool down to earth kind of guy. John took good care of me with my purchase. A big reason I bought from him is because, when I was shopping I sent him an e mail asking about his boats. I left him phone number to get a hold of me at and he called me within a reasonable amount of time. We chatted for probably at least a half hour and he was not throwing the sales pitch on me. He was just yakking with me about boats. I can't think of to many boat builders that take out that kind of time in there busy day, to just call someone and yak with somebody for all he knows is just some tire kicker. When the time comes for me to upgrade to a new boat; Ultra will be the first place I look and most likely who I will be buying from again.

shadow
02-07-2005, 05:20 PM
I will Agree, John as well as Steve have been Great to work with.. Just waiting for Team Ultra Kool-Aid...... ;)
*** Grape Ape ***
I'll take a big glass of that kool-aid as long as it mixes with Captain Morgans.I'm on my second Ultra and have had about a 6yrs experience with Ultra.Nothing but good to to say both boats top notch.
Johns always done right by me and i'd return as a customer and highly recomend anyone in the market to stop by Ultra.Keep up the great work.

Ultra5150
02-07-2005, 05:32 PM
I'll take a big glass of that kool-aid as long as it mixes with Captain Morgans.I'm on my second Ultra and have had about a 6yrs experience with Ultra.Nothing but good to to say both boats top notch.
Johns always done right by me and i'd return as a customer and highly recomend anyone in the market to stop by Ultra.Keep up the great work.
Same here!!! I am on my second Ultra.
Third boat will also be made by John.

wedge44
02-08-2005, 08:07 AM
KUDO's to John West... HE STANDS BEHIND HIS PRODUCT....I'm on my second Ultra and he has done everything within his power to make me HAPPY ...No matter what happens ....holes etc....I still love the treatment & (harassment) I recieve especially from Big John & BOB in corona....THANKS GUYS...wedge :D :D :D

Ultracrazy
02-09-2005, 12:21 AM
I'm on my second Ultra (being built as we speak) I can't see myself owning anything different. John and his staff are more than classy........

ULTRA28
02-09-2005, 09:29 AM
Thanks for all the kind words everybody. It was a pleasure to meet so many people from the boards and finally see faces instead of avatars. Thanks to everyone that took the time to stop by and see us. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys on the water this summer.
John West

Brady Bunch
02-09-2005, 10:11 AM
For a real little guy, :jawdrop: your O.K. in my book!! :D :D

Bre
02-09-2005, 10:30 AM
Oh yeah well he spent an hour with me :idea: :D :wink:
John is awesome :mix:

voodoomedman
02-09-2005, 11:00 AM
You know I gotta chime in here and confirm that everyone at Ultra is a class act. Young punks like me don't get treated like they have any money in custom boat shops but at Ultra... Not only do they have the exact boat I was looking for I was treated great and they still treat me great. You cannot go wrong with an Ultra.
Hey John. When's the regatta this year? And please tell me it's in Havasu!!!!

Johnwithjm
02-09-2005, 11:39 AM
Oh yeah well he spent an hour with me :idea: :D :wink:
John is awesome :mix:Bre it was nice to meet you at the show.

Tom Brown
02-09-2005, 11:41 AM
I could tell you guys some stories about how he's helped me out in the past and even recently.
He's always there to loan you a few bucks when you're a little short. :D

Jbb
02-09-2005, 11:44 AM
QUOTE=Tom Brown]He's always there to loan you a few bucks when you're a little short. :D[/QUOTE]
:D :D :D ...couple hundy.... :rollside:

Bre
02-09-2005, 12:06 PM
Bre it was nice to meet you at the show.
:idea:
We have two different screen names or? :idea:

GrapeApe
02-09-2005, 12:08 PM
:idea:
We have two different screen names or? :idea:
John West Owner of Ultra Custom Boats ie. Ultra28.....
John - with Ultra in Corona, who I believe is a Partner with John West on that location ie. johnwithjm..
See.. its all making sense now... :D
*** Grape Ape ***

Bre
02-09-2005, 12:20 PM
John West Owner of Ultra Custom Boats ie. Ultra28.....
John - with Ultra in Corona, who I believe is a Partner with John West on that location ie. johnwithjm..
See.. its all making sense now... :D
*** Grape Ape ***
Oh now I understand :D

Johnwithjm
02-09-2005, 01:24 PM
GrapeApe you got the deal right. Sorry for the mix up Bre ;)

Kegel King
02-09-2005, 01:25 PM
After talking to all the folks at Ultra at the show I can say that they were the Best..every one took time to talk to me about what I wanted in a boat...yeah they wanted me to buy and go over the numbers but they were very cool explaining everything to me and answering all my question.thats why .................