PDA

View Full Version : SPAM - Brand new Oil cooler for sale

diggler
02-07-2005, 12:03 PM
Thanks for looking guys!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4525249696&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT

mrgoslow
02-08-2005, 06:32 AM
"but did not need them after my engine was rebuilt". why not if i might ask?

diggler
02-08-2005, 07:19 AM
"but did not need them after my engine was rebuilt". why not if i might ask?
I originally intended it for my jetboat to have installed after the engine is rebuilt (in April this year).
Dave Ebbert from DNE has assured me that I won't need it as there is no issue with needing to cool the oil down to maintain oil pressure. Maybe because I purchased a new DART block that may be more efficient in heat transfer than a standard block?

BrendellaJet
02-08-2005, 08:00 AM
I was just talking to Dave about this. He said that if I was going to go on and 3/4 -full throttle blasts for more than a couple minutes, I may need one. Ill have an oil temp gauge to keep an eye on things, If I find the oil temp gets to high and gets in the way of me hauling ass, then Im getting one. You might want to keep that thing if you find you need it, all depends on driving habits...

flat broke
02-08-2005, 08:16 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that either of you guys will have a tough time finding enough river/smooth water to hang those boats out at 3/4-full throttle for very long at all :)
Just the same Diggler, Brendella's advice is solid. You couldn't buy another cooler/bracket for close to what it started at on Ebay(haven't checked it since you posted it). You might wanna hold onto it until after you've run the boat for a while and get a sense of what your oil temps will look like. But if you're only lookin 1/4- 1/2 moderate throttle action, its very doubtfull you'll need it.
Chris.

mrgoslow
02-08-2005, 08:17 AM
diggler, i only asked because i thought i remember a wall in front of your motor in that tahiti which wouldnt allow for much air flow around oil pan

diggler
02-08-2005, 08:42 AM
diggler, i only asked because i thought i remember a wall in front of your motor in that tahiti which wouldnt allow for much air flow around oil pan
Oh, the Tahiti! I sold that late last year. This is for my new one, a 19' Ultra Shadow.
Dave told me that it would be a bad idea to introduce another component on the engine that wasn't necessarily needed. Besides... if I do need one down the road, I can always put it in easily. I'll just have to pony up the dollars. it looks like the one on E-bay I'm selling will break me even regardless.