PDA

View Full Version : Bastard Ebay Snipers

BrendellaJet
02-07-2005, 08:26 PM
Was bidding on a stainless impeller for my Jacuzzi 12wj. These things do not grow on trees and are extremely difficult to find. Ive been looking for 2 plus years with one false lead, Thanks to Anthony75 on the boards for letting me know it was available. With 20 seconds togo, another bidder swoops in for the kill and outbids me(I was the only bidder till then)
Luckily for me I was hitting the refresh page every second to get an update and was able to outbid the biatch and win the impeller. If I ever find out who it was(doubtful) Im going to get a hundred bucks worth of pleasure from kicking his ass.
Sorry just venting....Anyways, If there is anyone out there with a 12WJ looking for a nice upgrade, Ive got an MPD race prepped 12WJ aluminum impeller for sale.

riverbound
02-07-2005, 08:28 PM
Was that you??????
j/k

sanger rat
02-07-2005, 08:29 PM
You didn't bid high enuff! :rolleyes: Opps. reread that you won. Congrats! :D

BrendellaJet
02-07-2005, 08:32 PM
You didn't bid high enuff! :rolleyes: Opps. reread that you won. Congrats! :D
Maybe not, but its still gonna be in my pump! :eat:

steelcomp
02-07-2005, 08:35 PM
Hey, that's just playing the bidding game on ebay. :D Think how pissed that guy is!! Maybe it's YOU that better watch his 6.
J/K :D :coffeycup
I figured out how to time the bidding to the second. Swooped on a few choice items myself that way. :rolleyes: I've even heard there are programs you can download that will bid for you.

1978 Rogers
02-07-2005, 08:35 PM
Congradulations. I've had that happen to me a couple of times also. I hate being out bid the last minute. I'm not patient enough to sit and watch, hitting refresh.

Jake W2
02-07-2005, 08:37 PM
Did you end up getting the A or the B?Brand new it said good score.
Jake

BrendellaJet
02-07-2005, 08:41 PM
Did you end up getting the A or the B?Brand new it said good score.
Jake
I got the A. It was a better deal. Not new, but I beleive the ad said it was hardly used...Very excited about this. Probably saved me about 700 bones in buying a new berk stainless and doing the mods to make it fit my pump...

Zeug
02-07-2005, 08:42 PM
Sorry just venting....Anyways, If there is anyone out there with a 12WJ looking for a nice upgrade, Ive got an MPD race prepped 12WJ aluminum impeller for sale.
Ha, I was watching those. Couldn't swing the $300 bones for the stainless A impeller, so no bidding for me.
I'm wondering if I can afford your aluminum one???? What cut is it?
As soon as the snow clears, I need to tear in to my pump.
Kent

BrendellaJet
02-07-2005, 08:44 PM
Hey, that's just playing the bidding game on ebay. :D Think how pissed that guy is!! Maybe it's YOU that better watch his 6.
J/K :D :coffeycup
I figured out how to time the bidding to the second. Swooped on a few choice items myself that way. :rolleyes: I've even heard there are programs you can download that will bid for you.
Yeah, they have programs for it, but I dont think Ebay thinks too highly of them either. The highest bidder should win. Screws the seller out of more money often times. :boxingguy

Lake Ape
02-07-2005, 08:46 PM
www.esnipe.com (http://www.esnipe.com/)

BrendellaJet
02-07-2005, 08:49 PM
Ha, I was watching those. Couldn't swing the $300 bones for the stainless A impeller, so no bidding for me.
I'm wondering if I can afford your aluminum one???? What cut is it?
As soon as the snow clears, I need to tear in to my pump.
Kent
Need to look up what I paid for the Aluminum. Make me an offer and we can try to work something out.Here's a pic of it.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/212WJ_Imp_fr_finished-med.jpg
Its a B cut. Ive never looked for a chart for the jacuzzi impellers, so I dont know how it compares to a berk in terms of hp/rpm...

dmontzsta
02-07-2005, 09:39 PM
I am one of those snipers, I usually go in and bid some instane amount so it cannot be topped.

steelcomp
02-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Yeah, they have programs for it, but I dont think Ebay thinks too highly of them either. The highest bidder should win. Screws the seller out of more money often times. :boxingguy
I agree. :coffeycup

moneysucker
02-07-2005, 10:27 PM
I looked into one of the sniper programs but didn't feel too comfortable giving all my e-bay and pay pal info. They could bid on a lot of merchandise and pay with my credit card and/or bank acct to pay for it. I know what an Item is worth and what I am willing to pay for it and I will not go above that.The one item I really wanted that I was going to try out the sniper on but decided differently in case it didn't work and I lost the item, my computer locked up on "confirm bid" and I missed the item. Thank God, no-one else bid on it and I bougth it today for the opening bid price. I got lucky. I did get beat by a bid sniper on Jeanyus's trailer though, Bastards!!!

jtmarten
02-08-2005, 04:53 AM
Congrats on getting the win! Be smart, use esnipe. Never have to sit there waiting for the end of the auction. I'm one of those biatch snipers, and after about 50 auctions with esnipe, its only failed to connect and bid in time once.

VelocityDriver
02-08-2005, 05:05 AM
www.auctionsniper.com it's a little cheaper on stuff over $500, and you don't have to pre-pay.

dbddbd
02-08-2005, 06:32 AM
I can sympathize with you Brendella ;) That has happened to me before on ebay, but I memorized their page and if they make a mistake and bid early on something I want then I snipe them MUUUUUUUAHAHAHAHHAHHHAHAHAHAHAH!

Jeanyus
02-08-2005, 06:45 AM
Here is one of the original E-bay pictures of my Bahner, I got it for $4,300.00
Counting the trailer, I sold about $2,500 worth of parts off it.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5859ebaybahner-med.JPG Yes I sniped it, but I bid with only 2 or 3 seconds left. If an auction is going on, and ends at an exact time, and someone places the highest bid within that time frame, how is it that they are doing something wrong?
Everything I got from e-bay I sniped, maybe I dont want to drive the price of something that I want, way up :rollside: . You can beat snipers by bidding high enough. Sorry you didn't get the trailer MS, it was a good buy.
Hey Steel you gonna put those carbs on e-bay, I feel like doing some more snipeing.

superdave013
02-08-2005, 06:57 AM
The highest bidder will win. snipe or no snipe
I can try and snipe you with only 2 seconds left but I still have to out bid your proxy.

malcolm
02-08-2005, 08:24 AM
Yeah, on ebay, it's snipe or be sniped! Sometimes I'll throw out a weenie bid at the start just so the other guys know I'm there... waiting. :D

flat broke
02-08-2005, 08:32 AM
I'm with Superdave. I use auction sniper when I "have to win" something. I sit down figure out exactly how much I'm willing to pay for it, slap that in as my bid, leave a 5 second window to allow for a slow connection and let her rip. The only info I give them is my ebay login and PW. Not the same as my paypal info so no worries there. I have never lost an auction because auction sniper couldn't connect, only because my max bid wasn't high enough.
There are too many jackoffs that bid up items too early and then bail out of the auction. Those guys are more harm to a seller than someone who knows what he'll pay for something, makes his bid at the end and either wins or doesn't. If the seller "has" to get a specific value for something, that's what reserve prices are for.
Chris

BiggusJimbus
02-08-2005, 09:39 AM
You don't need a sniper program.
Just set up multiple clients with different bid amounts ready to go.
Hit the submit button when the snipers come in. As said before, the highest bidder is still the winner, but be ready to put in up to your acceptable bid.
I don't lose too many auctions doing it this way. Plus, keeps me from spending more than I want for something.
Good Luck.
Jimbus.

MoJetBoPar
02-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Don't like sniping either.

flat broke
02-08-2005, 10:23 AM
You don't need a sniper program.
Just set up multiple clients with different bid amounts ready to go.
Hit the submit button when the snipers come in. As said before, the highest bidder is still the winner, but be ready to put in up to your acceptable bid.
I don't lose too many auctions doing it this way. Plus, keeps me from spending more than I want for something.
Good Luck.
Jimbus.
Having 3 or 4 bid windows open isn't exactly what I'd call efficient, plus a lot of the time, an auction is closing when you're away from your PC. I have a question for you.... if you have a bid in window one at $21, in window 2 at $24, a bid in window 3 at $25, and a bid in window 4 at $26, and the guy that tried to snipe you bid at $24; your going to bid at $25 right? Whereas if you would have just waited until the last second to place your $26 bid, it still would have only bid via proxy up to $25, and only had to have one window open.
Guess what, auction sniper and the others work the same way. They still bid via proxy, so the most you bid is the most you were willing to pay for the part in the first place. Your method doesn't save you any $$ on the goods your bidding on. It only dictates that you have to be in front of your PC at some ungodly hour to "play the game". Now some people think of ebay as a game, and I guess it could be entertaining from that aspect. The idea that "you won" if you have the winning bid was pure genius on behalf of the Ebay folks. I don't know how many people (seems to be people my parents age) I've talked to who are always so elated when they "win" on ebay. Not because they saved $$ on whatever they were bidding on, but because they "won" the auction, as if vigiliantly wathing items had some hand in the course of their "victory" :rolleyes:
Either way, sniping is where it's at and is part of the game. The jackoffs that bid at the begining, and keep logging in to up their bid amount are just that, jackoffs. If they really wanted what they were bidding on, they'd know how much they wanted to spend, would bid accordingly and take it if they win, and walk away if they didn't. Any variation of that and they're just "playing the game".
Chris

shaun
02-08-2005, 02:14 PM
I'll admit it, i snipe all the time, why bid war with somebody to drive the price up?
But then again, when i'm selling stuff it pisses me off but i have my ways around that too...
Really ebay needs to implement time extention support on there auction so that when sombody places a bid the auction is extended for another 30min. This would solve the problem... Not sure why the idiots havnt though of this yet :hammer2:

Jet Boat John
02-08-2005, 02:26 PM
www.auctionstealer.com
3 free snipes a week, but it won't let you log in after 7pm with the free service. It still works great and has saved me cash. I've been using it since around 2001. Bidding early only runs the price up!
JBJ

Heatseeker
02-08-2005, 02:53 PM
I'll admit it, i snipe all the time, why bid war with somebody to drive the price up?
But then again, when i'm selling stuff it pisses me off but i have my ways around that too...
Really ebay needs to implement time extention support on there auction so that when sombody places a bid the auction is extended for another 30min. This would solve the problem... Not sure why the idiots havnt though of this yet :hammer2:
There are a couple of firearms auction sites that do just that. Each bid in the last hour adds 15 mins. to the auction end time.
Sniping is what people have learned to win the the goods. It'll always be a part of ebay unless they add the time extensions.