PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a puppy for my daughter.

Artv
02-08-2005, 07:18 AM
Does anyone on the boards breed Labradors?

ahhell
02-08-2005, 07:23 AM
We (I) just got one for Christmas...my sons friend breeds them, I dont know of their availability at the moment though. Here's their web site...Labs (http://www.knightslabs.com/)

Artv
02-08-2005, 07:52 AM
Thank you, I'm looking for a yellow lab.

Mtg Pro
02-08-2005, 07:53 AM
Artv,
We just found a great new pup, a GoldenDoodle. It is a Golden and a male Poodle. It takes the bedst of both breeds, and they don't shed. The breeder we used had a great looking litter of LabraDoodles as well. Check out their site
http://sandyridge.150m.com/doodles4sale.html.

wantacat
02-08-2005, 08:43 AM
I got my black lab from Lawson Labradors. You can check out their web site www.lawsonlabradors.com or call (661)398-8825. Good luck, labs are great dogs!!

Artv
02-08-2005, 09:41 AM
I got my black lab from Lawson Labradors. You can check out their web site www.lawsonlabradors.com or call (661)398-8825. Good luck, labs are great dogs!!
Thank you, i just sent them an e-mail.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-08-2005, 10:44 AM
I'm expecting a litter in the middle of March. They wouldn't be ready until the end of April or Mid May.

Sleek-Jet
02-08-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm expecting a litter in the middle of March. They wouldn't be ready until the end of April or Mid May.
How much?? History of the parents (the dogs, not yours :D )??

Artv
02-08-2005, 10:53 AM
I sent you a PM.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-08-2005, 11:06 AM
I can't say how much until I see what color I get. I've never bred these two before. My black male carries both yellow and chocolate genes and my female is chocolate, so I could get any kind of mixture.
They have field champion lines. If anyone wants more info on the lines, I have the papers scanned and can email them.

Sleek-Jet
02-08-2005, 11:15 AM
I can't say how much until I see what color I get. I've never bred these two before. My black male carries both yellow and chocolate genes and my female is chocolate, so I could get any kind of mixture.
They have field champion lines. If anyone wants more info on the lines, I have the papers scanned and can email them.
I am starting to have an irrational desire to have everything I own covered in Labrador hair.... :220v:
My work schedule might be changing, getting me off shifts and on to straight days, so I can finally get a dog. I'd like to get a chocolate or a black.
Pics of the parents would be cool. You can pm me here or over at Doug's place.
Thanks.

CornWater
02-08-2005, 11:57 AM
I got my chocolate from here (http://aaalabs.com/) a little over a year ago and could not be happier..

Daytona19
02-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Thank you, I'm looking for a yellow lab.
My broyther has yellow labs right now for sale. But we are in Michigan. I think 300.00 for males and 350.00 for females.

Artv
02-08-2005, 02:29 PM
My broyther has yellow labs right now for sale. But we are in Michigan. I think 300.00 for males and 350.00 for females.
does he have pics of the dogs.

RiverOtter
02-08-2005, 04:25 PM
Puppy Lab = Single most destructive force on the face of the earth :D

Steph
02-08-2005, 08:34 PM
My neighbor just finished breeding his dog who is a yellow lab with her babies daddy again. He is a yellow lab but he is all white.
There last set of pups were too cute. Some came out all white.
So, if you can wait you can get cute pups from him

Newcastle
02-08-2005, 11:03 PM
Steph,
I'm thinking about getting a lab. When do you think your neighbor's pups will be ready (6 weeks)?

rvrpig
02-09-2005, 12:19 AM
Have you ever had one. Just to let you know that my dad has a chocolate lab and he is a great dog...One down fall.
He has eaten and chewed and dug up EVERY plant and TREE in the back yard. He has even dug up the sprinkler system so he can chew off the sprinkler head and get to the water. Water is like crack to this dog! He is so cracked out about water that when you take him to the river he will swim until he about drowns....he is afraid he will go home and not beable to play in the water once you get there.

Daytona19
02-09-2005, 03:38 AM
does he have pics of the dogs.
Artv I can find out for you and make sure my informaton is correct. I just had a birthday and at the party he said something about them but to tell ya the truth that night was a little bit of a blur. My wife did see them and said they are beauitful so I will check for you. I think he may have an email address :confused: and if so I will hook you up.
Clint

JetBoatRich
02-09-2005, 05:33 AM
I am starting to have an irrational desire to have everything I own covered in Labrador hair.... :220v:
We have a Yellow Lab and they do tend to shed :rolleyes:
Puppy Lab = Single most destructive force on the face of the earth
Yes he can chew a little and do watch your sprinklers or anything with water. He went in our pond and ate what he could of the pump :confused:
They needs lot of attention and seem to never get tired of wanting to please you. He will chase a ball for hours and keep bringing it back.
Just make sure to spend time with them and they are an awesome dog :cool:

RiverOtter
02-09-2005, 05:45 AM
[QUOTE=JetBoatRich]He went in our pond and ate what he could of the pump :confused:
QUOTE]
:D Cracks me up everytime. :D Great dogs though.

boxscore
02-09-2005, 06:12 AM
Labs are absolutely "man's best friend"
There isn't another breed that is so in tune with people.
Downside... the first year they can terrorize your house, less so if they get worn out every day by their owners.

ahhell
02-09-2005, 06:55 AM
they have a tendency to be "curious" but if you keep them occupied, especially with another dog their easy, the females are smart, but STUBORN, the males listen a little better, i have the "set"
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1518113_1373-med.JPG

Artv
02-09-2005, 07:06 AM
These dogs can be a pain; we owned a yellow lab for eight years.

RiverOtter
02-09-2005, 08:28 AM
Labs are absolutely "man's best friend"
There isn't another breed that is so in tune with people.
Downside... the first year they can terrorize your house, less so if they get worn out every day by their owners.
I think Goldens are equally in tune with people. And not as destructive. JMHO :cool:

cdog
02-09-2005, 08:37 AM
Get A Weim. There crazy but i've never seen a more loyal and intellegent dog. They also love kids and have got to be the most adorable puppies. Labs shed real bad and get real fat when they get old, but they're great dogs. I've had 3 and two litters of pups in the past. I raised a pup for my dad when he went through his divorse and when I gave him his dog mine was so attached to it's pup I could'nt bare to seperate them so my dad has both now.

Daytona19
02-09-2005, 02:54 PM
Art I was correct and he does have Goldens. The price was correct and they are just old enough to be sold, have all shots and are from great temperments as far as parents go. I am sure he doesnt know crap about computers but his wife does but she is gone for the week for work. I will give you his number and that might start the ball rolling for you. Again we are located in Michigan and his name is Larry and number is 1 989 879 2776. Hope this helps and let him know I said to call. Again my name is Clint but my family calls me JR.

Artv
02-09-2005, 02:59 PM
Art I was correct and he does have Goldens. The price was correct and they are just old enough to be sold, have all shots and are from great temperments as far as parents go. I am sure he doesnt know crap about computers but his wife does but she is gone for the week for work. I will give you his number and that might start the ball rolling for you. Again we are located in Michigan and his name is Larry and number is 1 989 879 2776. Hope this helps and let him know I said to call. Again my name is Clint but my family calls me JR.
Thanks for all the info, I will call him when i have a chance.

Steph
02-09-2005, 05:50 PM
Steph,
I'm thinking about getting a lab. When do you think your neighbor's pups will be ready (6 weeks)?
About 8 to 10 wks
I should also add that the mom is the most calm, laid back and most behaved dog. Out of her 2 litters her pups have all be a lot like her.

Sleek-Jet
02-09-2005, 06:01 PM
... and get real fat when they get old,
So do most of the people I know.... lol. :rolleyes: :D

chub
02-09-2005, 06:13 PM
Shoot I've got a 6 year old Jack Russel I'll give ya. He'll run her butt to the ground daily and all ya'll will sleep well at night. Me and my wife do. :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: Of course when the dog goes so do I. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LAPII
02-09-2005, 06:31 PM
Blue Knight Labs, he's located in Agua Dulce.

Mtg Pro
02-09-2005, 07:08 PM
We pick up me little guy tomorrow. I have 6 females ( daughters and wife), they think it is coming next week. I plan to scare each of them. I figure if I hide it in their laundry basket they won't find it til next week.

Scream
02-09-2005, 07:45 PM
I'll give ya $20 American right now girl...and you can call me Alan Jackson too.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-09-2005, 07:55 PM
ooooh! Me love you long time, Alan! :D