PDA

View Full Version : CHP suck

schlepy
02-08-2005, 09:03 AM
So i was driving home yesterday minding my own business in the slow lane and got pulled over by the CHP. He citied my for tinted windows, being over the legal height limit, exhaust to high and no mud flaps. After I sign the ticket he then tells me that I can only drive my truck to a repair shop and if he see's my truck anywhere else he will impound it. Whats up with these a$$holes, I have no tickets and a great driving record, I think it should be an incentive to fix up your truck or car if you are a good driver. I just wanted to vent a bit.....

Jordy
02-08-2005, 09:06 AM
Popcorn. Get your popcorn here. :D

schlepy
02-08-2005, 09:13 AM
jordy can you put some butter on mine????

RiverDave
02-08-2005, 09:15 AM
Man I figured this thread would've started WWIII.. :D
Is Kilrtoy not on here today? Or is he to busy drinking the koolaid to respond to the avg peeps nowdays? :D
RD

OC-PARTYCAT
02-08-2005, 09:15 AM
That sucks....
Im sure all the law abiding people are going to chime in real quick.... :hammerhea

OC-PARTYCAT
02-08-2005, 09:17 AM
forgot....WTF is the height limit? Your truck doesnt look that high

BarryMac
02-08-2005, 09:19 AM
schlepy, I hope your wearing your protective gear, your probably going to get some crap for this post...

Newcastle
02-08-2005, 09:22 AM
I'd agree, it's a BS ticket. Most LE agencies (if not all) keep tabs on how much work each cop (or chippy-since technically they're cops) does per day/shift. It just another form of having statistics to show how productive they were...and apparently he got a citation stat from you.

schlepy
02-08-2005, 09:23 AM
my truck isnt that high, and sorry if i pissed off any chp's that post here, just wanted to vent a bit... i have no idea on how much this fine is going to be? the thing that sucks is the cop sits at the off ramp that i get off of everyday so im going to get stopped alot.. i love my truck as is and i dont want to lower it.. i know that alot of fellow hot boaters have fixed up trucks and wonder if they also get stopped for things like this????

Mahaskier
02-08-2005, 09:25 AM
Sorry to hear that!
You have to understand, this is all these guys do. The question is- Do they have anything better to do? The answer is yes! However, seeing how this guy didn't have a speeder to ticket you had to do.
Just another diffrance between local cops and CHiPies. You also have to watch out for the local cops on bikes, they do nothing but traffic too. However being real cops they arn't near as bad.
Good luck!

OC-PARTYCAT
02-08-2005, 09:26 AM
what size lift and tires do you have??

schlepy
02-08-2005, 09:27 AM
seems like alot of corona peeps are on-line today. i live off the 91 and green river and there is no side streets, i have to take the freeway. this guy has already stopped me a few times and it gets worse everytime he pulls me over.

schlepy
02-08-2005, 09:28 AM
what size lift and tires do you have??
11 inch lift with 39" tires. its really not that big compared to the monsters that i always see around town. they must really hate it.....

Havasu_Dreamin
02-08-2005, 09:31 AM
CS ticket, but if it is the law, it's the law. I know I've got tinted windows on my suburban and if I ever get stopped for them, I'll get the tint taken off, get the ticket written off, and pay the fine :mad: and go right back to the tint place to get the tint put back on. :cool:

OC-PARTYCAT
02-08-2005, 09:34 AM
Maybe this will help:
California Laws
Article posted On 01-14-98
These are sections right out of the California Vehicle Code: 24008.5
No person shall operate any motor vehicle with a frame height or body floor height greater than specified in subdivisions (b) and (c).
(b) The maximum frame height is as follows:
Vehicle Type Frame Height
(1) Passenger vehicles, except housecars ... 23 inches
(2) All other motor vehicles, including housecars, as follows:
Up to 4,500 pounds GVWR ......... 27 inches
4,501 to 7,500 pounds GVWR ..... 30 inches
7,501 to 10,000 pounds GVWR .... 31 inches
(c) The lowest portion of the body floor shall not be more than
five inches above the top of the frame.
(d) The following definitions govern the contruction of this
section:
(1) "Frame" means the main longitudinal structural members of the
chassis of the vehicle or, for vehicles with unitized body
construction, the lowest main longitudinal structural members
of the body of the vehicle.
(2) "Frame height" means the vertical distance between the ground
and the lowest point on the frame, measured when the vehicle is
unladen on a level surface at the lowest point on the frame.
Pick-ups usually fall into the 4,501 to 7,500 GVWR category. Suburbans make the next category.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another area that people get into trouble when lifting a truck in California is the height of their lights. Some other sections that may interest you are:
24400 VC.....Headlights must be between 22 and 54" from the ground to the center of the light.
24402 VC.....Driving/Passing lamps must be 24 to 42" from the ground.
There are others, but these are the most commonly violated. Most of the time guys-girls are having problems with big lifts and 44" tires. Usually with 40" tires they can squeek by.

schlepy
02-08-2005, 09:34 AM
CS ticket, but if it is the law, it's the law. I know I've got tinted windows on my suburban and if I ever get stopped for them, I'll get the tint taken off, get the ticket written off, and pay the fine :mad: and go right back to the tint place to get the tint put back on. :cool:
thats the truth. if you get a tinted window ticket its a fine. everytime you get one i think it goes up and up until you leave the tint off for good. the only reason i have tint on my windows is for those hot river trips driving through the dessert, oh yeah and it looks good too.....

Hustler
02-08-2005, 09:35 AM
I got nailed for the same crap just out side of Needles, he did'nt write me for being to high though. He told me my frame was legal but my head lights were almost an inch to high, when I pulled out my valve stem remover and told him I could fix it right there he said it was ok. I just think it BS to pull you over for some stupid shit like mud flaps or tint. I could understand writing me up for that stuff if he got me for speeding or some other traffic violation. I really dont like the CHP so every time they start writing I let them know how I feel :yuk:

schlepy
02-08-2005, 09:38 AM
OC, my ticket was for 56" , just two inches from johnny laws handbook, what a joke... i guess that mines its an unsafe vechile????? i bet that cop has a lifted truck with tinted windows....

a catered life
02-08-2005, 09:38 AM
ok trying to understand but this lost me. now you say hes "stopped me a few times" wtf does he like you or do you two have a something special going on ;)

RiverDave
02-08-2005, 09:40 AM
HD, sign the ticket off yourself and leave the tint on. Save yourself 50 bucks.
RD

schlepy
02-08-2005, 09:45 AM
ok trying to understand but this lost me. now you say hes "stopped me a few times" wtf does he like you or do you two have a something special going on ;)
maybe your right, what if he is a gay chp???

Kilrtoy
02-08-2005, 09:47 AM
OC, my ticket was for 56" , just two inches from johnny laws handbook, what a joke... i guess that mines its an unsafe vechile????? i bet that cop has a lifted truck with tinted windows....
What was your height of your truck, I agree CHP suck. I doubt he has a truck or tinted windows, They will get a ticket themselves from their bosses. They have hard ons for lifted trucks

schlepy
02-08-2005, 09:49 AM
HD, sign the ticket off yourself and leave the tint on. Save yourself 50 bucks.
RD
how do you sign a ticket off yourself???? make a fake name and badge number???? i guess your probally right RD with BS tickets like this the city doesnt have enough lazy ass staff to read each and every ticket that comes through.

Kilrtoy
02-08-2005, 09:53 AM
how do you sign a ticket off yourself???? make a fake name and badge number???? i guess your probally right RD with BS tickets like this the city doesnt have enough lazy ass staff to read each and every ticket that comes through.
Unless you like ANAL sex without lube, I would not sign off the ticket
how high is your truck, exhaust and head lamps

schlepy
What was your height of your truck, I agree CHP suck. I doubt he has a truck or tinted windows, They will get a ticket themselves from their bosses. They have hard ons for lifted trucks
he wrote 56" on my ticket and the exhaust at 2'11" to high. i hate this shit, i guess i should just buy a stock truck again and a bayliner and just call it a day...

OGShocker
my truck isnt that high, and sorry if i pissed off any chp's that post here, just wanted to vent a bit... i have no idea on how much this fine is going to be? the thing that sucks is the cop sits at the off ramp that i get off of everyday so im going to get stopped alot.. i love my truck as is and i dont want to lower it.. i know that alot of fellow hot boaters have fixed up trucks and wonder if they also get stopped for things like this????
I think your post is in err. You condemed ALL CHP when in fact this was one guy. He is most likely a F.O.R.D. owner whos wife ran away with a boater.

RiverDave
02-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Why does it even have to be fake? LOL... You ever gotten a ticket before? There's a name and badge # on every ticket you've ever gotten.
That's about all I'm saying with regards to that.. Not that I've ever done it in the past (a few hundred times with my old car ;) ) But to answer your question.. and I'm sure I'm going to be compared to the antichrist by all the leagle beagles on the board... But no.. in my experience, and the experiences of some friends in different counties. They don't check. So long as they get signed off, and the cop that rolls you for it next time isn't this same guy (so he doesn't know that you've been stopped for it before) it's just the same fix it ticket over and over and over..
The focker of it is when you get stopped by the same guy twice. Then there's some other charge they tack on, and there's a fine that used to be in the neighborhood of 250 bucks if memory serves.
RD

schlepy
02-08-2005, 09:57 AM
how high is your truck and head lamps
kilroy you must be a cop to talk about all that anal sex... the truck has an 11" lift with 39" tires.
Kilroy if you are a cop, what if i put some stock tires on for the right off. that will take care of everything execpt the tint, right???...

Starloans
02-08-2005, 09:59 AM
I'm thinking the same thing. Ummmm........If this guy is stopping you regularly, you may be able to call that "police harassment". Just my .02 but I bet if you had a sharp attorney, you could cause HIM a few probs for stopping you mutiple times. I'm not sue happy or anything and not to offend any LE on here but there are a select few "stupid" cops out there as there are in any line of work, that insist on Fn with certian people because they have an axe to grind and/or their personal life is Fd up. I have been stopped for mud flaps before, no prob, but I tell you this, not matter what I was doing wrong if the same cop stopped me more than twice, I would spend the money for an attorney. No question.

Kilrtoy
02-08-2005, 10:01 AM
is your exhaust out the side or the back of the truck
if it is th eside it has to be below 2 feet or above 11 feet.
if it is out the back their is no restriction.
how did he measure your truck, did he take out a tape measure or did you use a book or his leg and hands

Starloans
02-08-2005, 10:02 AM
BTW, I am pro LE. I believe most work hard and put up with a lot of shit, get shot at, abused, etc. I'm just not pro harassment, pro CS or pro idiot. :jawdrop:

rrrr
02-08-2005, 10:04 AM
I'm thinking the same thing. Ummmm........If this guy is stopping you regularly, you may be able to call that "police harassment". Just my .02 but I bet if you had a sharp attorney, you could cause HIM a few probs for stopping you mutiple times. I'm not sue happy or anything and not to offend any LE on here but there are a select few "stupid" cops out there as there are in any line of work, that insist on Fn with certian people because they have an axe to grind and/or their personal life is Fd up. I have been stopped for mud flaps before, no prob, but I tell you this, not matter what I was doing wrong if the same cop stopped me more than twice, I would spend the money for an attorney. No question.
"Police harrassment"? How about "stopping a guy several times who is obviously breaking the law, giving him a break the first few times, then finally giving him a ticket because he doesn't get it"?
I drive 85 MPH down the Dallas North Tollway all the time, speed limit is 55 MPH. If I get caught, I'm gonna sign the ticket and say "Good day, be careful out there."
If you're gonna break the law, why complain when you get caught?

schlepy
02-08-2005, 10:06 AM
is your exhaust out the side or the back of the truck
if it is th eside it has to be below 2 feet or above 11 feet.
if it is out the back their is no restriction.
how did he measure your truck, did he take out a tape measure or did you use a book or his leg and hands
exhaust is out the side, so im screwed and he used a tape measure. this guy came prepared. kilroy what if he see's me again, can he leagally take my truck????????

Kilrtoy
02-08-2005, 10:08 AM
Putting the stock tires on would solve the head light problem, but im guessing your exhuast would still be too high, problem is that truck sticks out, you drive there everyday, the clown is gonna get you sooner or later when you put the tires back on.
you need to lower the truck by 2 or so and rework your exhaust to be below 2 feet or have it out the rear

Starloans
02-08-2005, 10:10 AM
"Police harrassment"? How about "stopping a guy several times who is obviously breaking the law, giving him a break the first few times, then finally giving him a ticket because he doesn't get it"?
I drive 85 MPH down the Dallas North Tollway all the time, speed limit is 55 MPH. If I get caught, I'm gonna sign the ticket and say "Good day, be careful out there."
I agree with you. Continually breaking the law, no excuse. BUT using CS reasons to F with a guy because he has a lifted truck could be wrong. My opinion. And oh yeah, you need to slow down. :D

Thunder 1
02-08-2005, 10:11 AM
As far as I know He cannot make you park your truck. You have the right to a trial in front of a judge with the ass, I mean the officer present. If I were you I would fight it in hopes the officer does not show. Even if he does you may strike a cord with the judge. A long shot but one worth trying. With my trucking co. we would get B.S. tickets all the time, most for oversize premits. We would fight every one! Sometimes you get lucky. With all the trouble in the world today it's a sad day when you become America's most wanted for tinted windows! Good Luck Ed

Sleek-Jet
02-08-2005, 10:12 AM
...They have hard ons for lifted trucks
Unsafe at any speed... :crossx: :2purples: :D

schlepy
02-08-2005, 10:17 AM
RRR your the guy that the chp needs to pull over. thats exactly what i did, i signed the ticket and said good day, never even asked one question. just posted to vent and get it off my chest not to say that all cops are bad, just most of them, just kidding... RRR im really breaking the law, what a crime, never got a break from this guy. most cops look the other way or give me the thumps up when passing this guy is just a dick...

schlepy
02-08-2005, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the advice THUNDER1 sorry to hear about your CHP troubles...

a catered life
02-08-2005, 10:39 AM
how high is your truck, exhaust and head lamps
if its done right and at the right angle and a little pre prep work is done...who needs lube :frown: :devil:

WYRD
02-08-2005, 10:56 AM
WTF? Was every law that was ever written a good one??? I bet you Chew your food 32 times each bite, wipe your azz exactly 12 times, stop at a stop sign for 2 full seconds, use your turn signal and hand signals, and have sex in the missionary position everytime huh????
Some Laws are made to be broken and experssing yourself with a lifted truck that looks good is OK in my book. If you ask me these cops need to focus on the REAL crime going on not this small peanuts sheit!!!

IN2MX
02-08-2005, 10:57 AM
Today I drove in the carpool lane, all by myself. I was late for work. The fine for that is $271.00 dollars. When I made the decision to get into the carpool lane I took on the understanding that I am breaking the LAW and if I was to get caught, I would have a steep fine to pay. But, it was worth it to me. The gain out weighed the cost, for me.
I didn't get caught, thankfully. If I did get caught today and tomorrow did the same thing and the same Highway Patrol officer gave me another ticket for it, would it be harrasment? Hell no. It would be me, knowingly breaking the law AGAIN, and having to be responsible for MY actions.
Ignorance of the laws, laws that the people voted to be enacted, is no defense. You knew what you were doing IS against the law, and the CHP officer DID his job, the job we pay him to do, and now you have to be responsible for your actions.
If you like your truck the way it is, I think it looks cool too, keep it the way it is and just MAN up and face your responsibilities when the time comes. IF the cost out weighs the gain, then lower your truck a little and be done with it.
As far as CHP officers harrasing people for Vehicle code violations when there are other more haneous crimes to deal with, well thats what they do. Thats what we pay them for. Not too many Dentists doing heart surgeries these days.
Their primary responsibility is to ENFORCE vehicle code violations on State Highways and County roads. Their other collateral duties include homeland security and assisting allied agencies when needed. Local Police and Sheriff's departments are concerned with crime, not traffic. So, if you drove by a POLICE car, looked down and he gave you the thumbs up, its because he is not concerned with your vehicle code violation, because that is NOT his primary responsibilty when there are Murders, Rapes, Robberies, and shootings going on within his city.

Hallett19
02-08-2005, 11:01 AM
Sorry to break it to you guys, but laws are laws..... They are put in place for a reason and if you cant abide by them, you get written up. I bet you wouldnt care if they pulled over a speeder on a freeway your family members drive on or take a drunk off the road in your area. You cant go around calling chippies assholes, men and women who put their life on the line for YOU every day. If you dont want to get harrased, make your truck right, its a fairly simple concept. And one can only hope with the disrespect you have shown for him on here, he sees you again and impounds your car, I know I would. :mad:

Kilrtoy
02-08-2005, 11:04 AM
Good answer IN2MX, we all know the chippies love to mess with lifted trucks, BECAUSE THEY CANT DO IT......
Come on the guy has a lifted truck so he messes with him, only a chippie would do that, real cops give the thumbs up like he said the real cops do, you know The COPS THAT WEAR BLUE

riverbound
02-08-2005, 11:05 AM
Here is what you do:
I made a donation to the CHP 11-99 foundation and became a lifetime memeber. With my membership came these cool licsense plate frames that I put on all my cars and have not recieved any tickets sionce then. I have been pulled over and each time was given a warning and then they asked what my affiliation with the 11-99 foundation was, when I told them I believe in the foundation and am a lifetime member they let me gon on my way.

Hallett19
02-08-2005, 11:08 AM
Yeah, but typically PDs dont "enforce vehicle codes". I used to drive around with off road exhaust and illegal headlights on my mustang, pasadena, glendale, even sherriff, none of them cared, its when CHP pulled me over they made sure my car was up to code. Like IN2MX said, WE pay them to enforce these laws that WE voted on and passed.
I had the outlook that some of you guys currently have on the CHP not having anything better to do and running around calling them assholes...... when I was 17.

IN2MX
02-08-2005, 11:11 AM
Good answer IN2MX, we all know the chippies love to mess with lifted trucks, BECAUSE THEY CANT DO IT......
Come on the guy has a lifted truck so he messes with him, only a chippie would do that, real cops give the thumbs up like he said the real cops do, you know The COPS THAT WEAR BLUE
MOTOR cops do it too.....Well, the ones that work anyways....

Kilrtoy
02-08-2005, 11:11 AM
Sure PD's enforce Traffic laws, they just use COMMON SENSE when doing it, the chippies on the other hand Well they lack common sense or any other type of sense, they stop dangerous drivers and gang bangers. Chippies on the other hand only stop citizens that they know are not a threat to them.....

GHTRIM
02-08-2005, 11:12 AM
I haven't had any problems with CHP in Nevada or AZ. :yuk: :cool:
Just kiddin, sorry to hear about the problem.... Did you mention your getting a Bayliner??? Don't put through the hull exhaust it may be too loud. :)

Ziggy
02-08-2005, 11:12 AM
IN2MX is spot on. You know its illegal and you take the chance everytime you drive it....most days you win others you don't.
Personally, 11" inch lift is cool looking but rather treacherous if you really do any off roading...make it more functional and you'll fit right in under the law. :smile:

Havasu_Dreamin
02-08-2005, 11:13 AM
Is one job any more dangerous than the other? The CHP offiers are still law enforcement officers and as such should be treated with the respect they deserve due to their profession. If his truck is indeed illegal per the law, while kind of a CS thing to solely get stopped for, it is still in violation of the vehicle code and the officer was doing his job.

Havasu_Dreamin
02-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Sure PD's enforce Traffic laws, they just use COMMON SENSE when doing it, the chippies on the other hand Well they lack common sense or any other type of sense, they stop dangerous drivers and gang bangers. Chippies on the other hand only stop citizens that they know are not a threat to them.....
Tell them that if they ever have to come to your aid at some point. :yuk:

Kilrtoy
02-08-2005, 11:16 AM
yes he was doing his job, While many dangerous motorist speed on by.....
It is no secret the CHIPPIES have HARD ONS FOR LIFTED TRUCKS and get enjoyment out of them

schlepy
Sorry to break it to you guys, but laws are laws..... They are put in place for a reason and if you cant abide by them, you get written up. I bet you wouldnt care if they pulled over a speeder on a freeway your family members drive on or take a drunk off the road in your area. You cant go around calling chippies assholes, men and women who put their life on the line for YOU every day. If you dont want to get harrased, make your truck right, its a fairly simple concept. And one can only hope with the disrespect you have shown for him on here, he sees you again and impounds your car, I know I would. :mad:
hallett19 you cant be serious?? speeders are putting other lifes in danger and so do drunk drivers. lifted or lowered trucks have nothing to do with what you just said. yes that officer is a dick and i agree is doing his job. i just dont understand why he cant leave that ticket for the speeders and drunk drivers that deserve it. hallet19 gargle my balls

Kilrtoy
Tell them that if they ever have to come to your aid at some point. :yuk:
OHHHHHHHH, its the other way around......

Danhercules
02-08-2005, 11:19 AM
11" lift, not that high!?!?!?
You rearend a small sportscar, my bet is that your gonna roll right over them and hurt someone.
I am guessing that is why the law is there.

Hallett19
02-08-2005, 11:19 AM
Chippies on the other hand only stop citizens that they know are not a threat to them.....
Ignorance at its finest..... :frown:

Hallett19
02-08-2005, 11:22 AM
hallet19 gargle my balls
I'll remember this comment if I every pull you over ..... :cool:
And the reason I brought up speeders and drunks is becuase if the CHP take care of those problems, you think they are heros, but giving poor little you a ticket when you break the law, they are assholes..... doesnt make sense to me man. Show a little more appreciation and vent in other ways like maybe taking a step in having the law adjusted by writing someone who has the power to do that, not condeming someone for doing his job. :idea:

Kilrtoy
most have struck a nerve there Hallet 19, I know the truth hurts, but thats what it is, the truth.....

schlepy
Ignorance at its finest..... :frown:
talk about ingnorance you drive a FORD... :boxingguy

Kilrtoy
02-08-2005, 11:23 AM
you must work out of that very fine ALTA DENA OFFICE, That would explain alot

schlepy
02-08-2005, 11:24 AM
most have struck a nerve there Hallet 19, I know the truth hurts, but thats what it is, the truth.....
a serious nerve. :cry:

Havasu_Dreamin
02-08-2005, 11:26 AM
OHHHHHHHH, its the other way around......
I was talking if you were ever in an accident, hopefully not, going to the river. Not while you're at work.

GHTRIM
02-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Wow who needs ufc 52 when this thread is going??? Sweeeeeet :boxingguy :hammer2: :hammerhea :boxingguy :lightsabe

Hallett19
02-08-2005, 11:29 AM
I'm not going to argue with you guys and your witty cheap shots :confused:
Good luck with your ticket schlepy :smile:

Kilrtoy
02-08-2005, 11:29 AM
And the reason I brought up speeders and drunks is becuase if the CHP take care of those problems, you think they are heros, but giving poor little you a ticket when you break the law, they are assholes..... doesnt make sense to me man. Show a little more appreciation and vent in other ways like maybe taking a step in having the law adjusted by writing someone who has the power to do that, not condeming someone for doing his job. :idea:
Now we have chippies profiling looking for a specific vehicle, because of the verbal abuse he has stated. Nice its against the law to do this, Should we call and complain that you broke the law, I mean you just did, So shouldnt you have to be held accountable for this action..... as you have stated

Kilrtoy
02-08-2005, 11:30 AM
I'm not going to argue with you guys and your witty cheap shots :confused:
Good luck with your ticket schlepy :smile:
Cheap shots, NO ITS THE TRUTH, CHIPPIES HAVE IT IN FOR LIFTED TRUCKS, THIS IS NO SECRET

Hallett19
02-08-2005, 11:37 AM
Now we have chippies profiling looking for a specific vehicle, because of the verbal abuse he has stated. Nice its against the law to do this, Should we call and complain that you broke the law, I mean you just did, So shouldnt you have to be held accountable for this action..... as you have stated
Considering I'm not going to drive around "looking for a specific vehicle" I would hardly consider that coment profiling.

OC-PARTYCAT
02-08-2005, 11:38 AM
that same officer probably writes up no front liscense plate tickets all day too. I think he is just jealous....little petty isnt it??
I think my Ferraris lights are too low to the ground....Ill put a 6" lift on it this weekend :idea: .

Kilrtoy
02-08-2005, 11:42 AM
good answer, newbie's still learning, that brainwashing you received will wash off some day, when the cops back you and save your bacon, Since you roll l cars and have no back up....

Hallett19
Listen,I'm not here to argue with any of you guys, I respect all of you plenty. I just dont appreciate coments like schlepy made and think he should appologize and accept responsibilty for his actions instead of calling someone an asshole who is only looking out for the best interests of EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US, raised trucks, lowered rice rockets, drunks or bank robbers.

schlepy
looks like i cant go to pasadena either. Hallet19 i respect policer officers, firefighters etc... i even have a program at my business that offers a 40% discount to all police and firefighters. this is what pisses me off, i always bend over backwards to help them out and just because my truck is a few inches over the limit i get threatened to have it towed?? you need to relax a bit and lean up on people who drive safe with fixed up cars and man up a go for the real crimials. its a sad world when tinted windows and lifted or lowered vechiles is all that the chp have to do....

Kilrtoy
02-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Listen,I'm not here to argue with any of you guys, I respect all of you plenty. I just dont appreciate coments like schlepy made and think he should appologize and accept responsibilty for his actions instead of calling someone an asshole who is only looking out for the best interests of EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US, raised trucks, lowered rice rockets, drunks or bank robbers.
maybe if the CHIPPIES learned how to show some respect themselves , They good get some.....
Doubt that will ever happen.....

Havasu_Dreamin
02-08-2005, 11:45 AM
good answer, newbie's still learning, that brainwashing you received will wash off some day, when the cops back you and save your bacon, Since you roll l cars and have no back up....
So, a CHP officer is different than a City Police Officer? Aren't they both subject to section 830 of the penal code? Same profession, different agencies.

Havasu_Dreamin
02-08-2005, 11:47 AM
maybe if the CHIPPIES learned how to show some respect themselves , They good get some.....
Doubt that will ever happen.....
Respect? Like what? That professional courtesy BS? Let a city police officer off becasue he was doing 90 down the 15? But he works for LAPD so it's ok?

Mrs. Revndave
02-08-2005, 11:53 AM
11 inch lift with 39" tires. its really not that big compared to the monsters that i always see around town. they must really hate it.....
I feel your pain same thing happpen to me. I had a Sub on 39" tires. The cop let me go after making me get out of the car. I think he just wanted to check me out. What a D****.

Hallett19
02-08-2005, 11:55 AM
its a sad world when tinted windows and lifted or lowered vechiles is all that the chp have to do....
If you dont like the laws, write someone in Sacramento and tell them you would like some leniency in these laws.
If law enforcment officers enforced some laws and not others we would have a completley corrupt system. I dont know how much more convincing I have left in me today but please show more respect, you really dont know what the CHP does every day to help you out.

OC-PARTYCAT
02-08-2005, 11:56 AM
i even have a program at my business that offers a 40% discount to all police and firefighters. ...
F*** that, time to charge 40% more :D

Kilrtoy
02-08-2005, 12:01 PM
If you dont like the laws, write someone in Sacramento and tell them you would like some leniency in these laws.
If law enforcment officers enforced some laws and not others we would have a completley corrupt system. I dont know how much more convincing I have left in me today but please show more respect, you really dont know what the CHP does every day to help you out.
Typical talk of a straight leg,
STRIVE FOR FIVE

Kegel King
02-08-2005, 12:15 PM
i have no idea on how much this fine is going to be?
I think it should only be a "fix it ticket" it should say on the ticket! there is no fine if you fix the things you were cited for ..I know the police have a thankless job to do but why hassel a guy over some minor bling

Havasu_Dreamin
02-08-2005, 12:19 PM
I think it should only be a "fix it ticket" it should say on the ticket! there is no fine if you fix the things you were cited for ..I know the police have a thankless job to do but why hassel a guy over some minor bling
The state changed the law a few years back and now there is a fine associated with fix-it tickets as well.

Kegel King
02-08-2005, 12:25 PM
The state changed the law a few years back and now there is a fine associated with fix-it tickets as well.
:burningm: Nice!!!!!!!!! :angry2:

Hallett19
02-08-2005, 12:27 PM
The cost of bringing the truck down (and probably putting it back up) will be the expensive part.

gnarley
02-08-2005, 12:28 PM
schlepy, sorry dude your in the wrong.
The CHP ain't harassing you, he's doing his job, you are breaking the law. Being ignorant is no justification for being in violation of the law; it is up to you to know what you are doing. Just because you are getting heat for it and you see others who are not is no justification for the act.
You put on parts and built a bitchin truck, but it does not conform to vehicle code, PERIOD! end of story.
Could the CHP have been a bit cooler about it? YES, I think he or any of them should first warn you and tell you about everything that is in violation and warn you to get it fixed and comply with the law or he will write you up. JMHO
Just because there are all kinds of manufactures selling parts and tires for modifying your rig it doesn't give you the right to be in violation of the law, you wana break it, you better be prepared to pay for it.
I don't know exactly what level your exhaust is but I sure wouldn't want to pull up next to one of your pipes with my windows down at a stop light :yuk: and if you missed a stop light or sign (unplanned that's why they are called accidents) you would drive right through someone’s roof with your bumpers. Just think if someone did that to someone you love :cry:

Flyinbowtie
02-08-2005, 12:37 PM
schlepy;
I am not even going to get into the middle of this pissing contest, but let me offer the following thoughts on your individual situation.
Based upon what you have said, I agree that this officer has focused on you and your vehicle, and stated his intent to do so in the future. If I were in your shoes, and wanted to bring this to some closure, I might try the following.
Lower the truck to make it legal by at least one inch. Not fudging it, legal, period.
Tires, springs, whatever suits you, but make it legal in frame height, headlight height, exhaust height.
If you need mud flaps, get them. Remove the tint, or reduce it to a legal light transmission level. Correct any other mechanicals, make certain that everything has been addressed. EVERYTHING I might even go so far as to visit an offical headlamp adjustment facility and get a certification of correction/adjustment.
Then, call the CHP station that the officer in question works out of, and ask to speak to his supervisor.
In the most polite manner possible, without complaining or pointing fingers, ask to meet with the sergeant. Explain what you have been through, and ask him go over your truck, and sign off on the ticket. Be an absolute gentleman, don't make any wisecracks, be serious, concerned and respectful.
The sergeant may sign it off, or he may have another officer come sign it off, but the key here is to get the cite signed off in the presence of this officer's supervisor. Express great relief and thanks when the cite is signed off, and then make it clear that you hope that the officer in question will be satisfied, and that he won't need to stop you for any further mechanical matters that might allow him to tow your truck,"as he stated he would". Indicate your desire to do everything in your power to avoid any further contact with the officer in question, if you are truly afraid of this officer, so state it, but be prepared to clearly articulate your concern.
Supervisors, sergeants in particular, pay close attention to the way their staff treat the general publc. This officer may have a hard-on for modified vehciles, and you may not be the first citizen who he has had a negative impact on. If the sgt. is worth his salt, after he is done talking to you, his next radio transmission will be for a meet with the officer who scratched you the cite, and find out what his side of the story is.
Recognize the fact that this officer works a regular beat, and while he may be visible to you in the future, I think it likely that he will not stop you unless he has clear and articulable probable cause to do so. Your mission in life is to not give him any.
IMHO

PHX ATC
02-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Buy a Honda Civic.
Problem solved! :D

Danhercules
02-08-2005, 01:00 PM
that same officer probably writes up no front liscense plate tickets all day too.
Still breaking the law.
I only stole one gallon of gas.
Tombstone " Its only a mistermeaner."
"They are breaking the law!"

ROZ
02-08-2005, 01:01 PM
Is the smoking jacket part of the uniform? j/k :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/128rd_sux_030.jpg

Ziggy
02-08-2005, 01:06 PM
Somewhere along the line Shleppy said this isn't the first time he's been pulled over by this guy...so I'm willing to guess that he had been warned along the way that his truck wasn't legal.....is that a fair assumption?
I mean give the CHP a break, he is doing his job and enforcing codes per the book....I said it before, sometimes you win and don't get caught and other times you loose that bet.
I for one wouldn't want Shleppys truck running into my families car by accident...I weigh safety well before bling factor.
I have one other question for Shleppy....on those long treks to the river with your truck do you ever drive over the speed limit? Seems I've been passed(more like blown) by a truck similar to yours along the stretch while I already was a good 10mph over the limit. Just a question because I can't say it was you with any certainy.

Hallett19
02-08-2005, 01:06 PM
Oh no, its the return of the infamous smoking jacket !!! I dont look real happy with those two, ha ?
Who took that picture ?? :D

ROZ
02-08-2005, 01:08 PM
Oh no, its the return of the infamous smoking jacket !!! I dont look real happy with those two, ha ?
:D

ROZ
02-08-2005, 01:10 PM
I for one wouldn't want Shleppys truck running into my families car by accident...I weigh safety well before bling factor.
We'd all be safer if we drove B'mers :D

Ziggy
02-08-2005, 01:19 PM
We'd all be safer if we drove B'mers :D
Word ;) :D

a catered life
02-08-2005, 01:23 PM
schlepy;
I am not even going to get into the middle of this pissing contest, but let me offer the following thoughts on your individual situation.
Based upon what you have said, I agree that this officer has focused on you and your vehicle, and stated his intent to do so in the future. If I were in your shoes, and wanted to bring this to some closure, I might try the following.
Lower the truck to make it legal by at least one inch. Not fudging it, legal, period.
Tires, springs, whatever suits you, but make it legal in frame height, headlight height, exhaust height.
If you need mud flaps, get them. Remove the tint, or reduce it to a legal light transmission level. Correct any other mechanicals, make certain that everything has been addressed. EVERYTHING I might even go so far as to visit an offical headlamp adjustment facility and get a certification of correction/adjustment.
Then, call the CHP station that the officer in question works out of, and ask to speak to his supervisor.
In the most polite manner possible, without complaining or pointing fingers, ask to meet with the sergeant. Explain what you have been through, and ask him go over your truck, and sign off on the ticket. Be an absolute gentleman, don't make any wisecracks, be serious, concerned and respectful.
The sergeant may sign it off, or he may have another officer come sign it off, but the key here is to get the cite signed off in the presence of this officer's supervisor. Express great relief and thanks when the cite is signed off, and then make it clear that you hope that the officer in question will be satisfied, and that he won't need to stop you for any further mechanical matters that might allow him to tow your truck,"as he stated he would". Indicate your desire to do everything in your power to avoid any further contact with the officer in question, if you are truly afraid of this officer, so state it, but be prepared to clearly articulate your concern.
Supervisors, sergeants in particular, pay close attention to the way their staff treat the general publc. This officer may have a hard-on for modified vehciles, and you may not be the first citizen who he has had a negative impact on. If the sgt. is worth his salt, after he is done talking to you, his next radio transmission will be for a meet with the officer who scratched you the cite, and find out what his side of the story is.
Recognize the fact that this officer works a regular beat, and while he may be visible to you in the future, I think it likely that he will not stop you unless he has clear and articulable probable cause to do so. Your mission in life is to not give him any.
IMHO
well said.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............................... but long as hell :D

Essex502
02-08-2005, 01:23 PM
Law's are laws and if you don't like them work to change them in the proper manner. If you want ot pick and choose which ones you will abide by then be prepared to be a man and take resposibility for the violation and shut up and quit whining. I choose to exceed the posted speed limit now and then and if cited I'll pay the fine. I was written-up a few years ago for a fix-it ticket for "forward tint" and stripped it off got it signed off and put it back on. That's my choice and I paid for it.
Personal responsibility is becoming more and more scarce in this country and our society. It's always someone else's fault, or I shouldn't have been allowed to commit the crime or some other such nonsense. Buck up and take responsibility. Lifted trucks while looking cool to YOU are a serious hazard to other motorists in a collision. That little compact car you just rammed - probably not your fault right? - now submarined under that big bad dick stretching lifted truck and now contains some serioiusly injured peeps. Not your fault eh? Sure is.
Quit whining. The officer was doing his job whether you like it or not. Kudos to officer's that do their job as thankless as it is. Too many complain and trash them when they are cited but can't yell "help" fast enough when injured by the mugger, thief or other miscreant.

little rowe boat
02-08-2005, 01:29 PM
All law enforcement officers have a tough job regardless if it's a city cop or a chippy,they should all be given the respect they deserve.Some Le's see things as the letter of the law and some don't,it's never a pleasant experience being cited.The way I look at it is if I was in the wrong and broke the law and get cited,then I deserve it,I'll take my lumps and move on from there,without any hard feelings toward the LE for doing his job.

prosthogod
02-08-2005, 01:31 PM
I feel your pain and I'll give you simpathy since most everyone else around here are such law abiding citizens. The nice thing here in AZ. is fix it tickets carry a fine but don't need to be signed off on. So when the cop pulled me over in the middle of the desert on I-10 just for tinted windows. I paid the fine(50) and went on my way never getting pulled over again. Breaking the law is fun-isn't it?

schlepy
02-08-2005, 01:33 PM
Law's are laws and if you don't like them work to change them in the proper manner. If you want ot pick and choose which ones you will abide by then be prepared to be a man and take resposibility for the violation and shut up and quit whining. I choose to exceed the posted speed limit now and then and if cited I'll pay the fine. I was written-up a few years ago for a fix-it ticket for "forward tint" and stripped it off got it signed off and put it back on. That's my choice and I paid for it.
Personal responsibility is becoming more and more scarce in this country and our society. It's always someone else's fault, or I shouldn't have been allowed to commit the crime or some other such nonsense. Buck up and take responsibility. Lifted trucks while looking cool to YOU are a serious hazard to other motorists in a collision. That little compact car you just rammed - probably not your fault right? - now submarined under that big bad dick stretching lifted truck and now contains some serioiusly injured peeps. Not your fault eh? Sure is.
Quit whining. The officer was doing his job whether you like it or not. Kudos to officer's that do their job as thankless as it is. Too many complain and trash them when they are cited but can't yell "help" fast enough when injured by the mugger, thief or other miscreant.
not my fault if they pulled out in front of me now is it??? i guess if its a lifted truck they are in the wrong, that makes alot of sense essex502. i guess if you drive a big boat like alot of the hot boat posters they are all driving extensions of there dick and will be at fault in an accident??? that has nothing to do with anything. you are a moron

Essex502
02-08-2005, 01:45 PM
not my fault if they pulled out in front of me now is it??? i guess if its a lifted truck they are in the wrong, that makes alot of sense essex502. i guess if you drive a big boat like alot of the hot boat posters they are all driving extensions of there dick and will be at fault in an accident??? that has nothing to do with anything. you are a moron
What an idiot - it is partly your fault if your lifted vehicle kills the person in the little car ahead of you due to illegal bumper height. If you don't understand that dumb$hit you better have your insurance well in hand along with your small manhood as it'll get pretty expensive for YOU. If your vehicle is legal then there is no lawsuit. Illegal you invite the lawyers to jump all over your ass. And they will - believe it. You knowingly and negligently operated an illegal vehicle that will be determined to contribute unnessarily to a death and you will pay. For the rest of your life.

Hustler
02-08-2005, 01:46 PM
I have only meet two CHP officers that have been easy to deal with when getting pulled over. Every other one I have delt with has been an ASSHOLE. I'll give you respect when you treat the customer (the genral public) in the same manner. If I treated my customers the way most of these CHP guys do I would be out of a job

Essex502
02-08-2005, 01:47 PM
BTW:
schlep or schlepp also shlep ( P ) Pronunciation Key (shlp) Slang
v. schlepped, or schlepped also shlepped schlep·ping, or schlepp·ing shlep·ping schleps or schlepps shleps
v. tr.
To carry clumsily or with difficulty; lug: schlepped a shopping bag around town.
v. intr.
To move slowly or laboriously: schlepped around with the twins in a stroller.
n.
An arduous journey.
A clumsy or stupid person.

OC-PARTYCAT
02-08-2005, 01:52 PM
f-the police....bunch of guys that got beat up in high school or have some serious issues with self confidence.
Except the ones that come to my house when it is getting burglarized..hahaha
Just making light of the situation...my truck is lifted and I dont think my unit is short.

Hustler
02-08-2005, 01:56 PM
You know I have never had a problem with the LAPD or any other local law enforcment agency only the CHP. Why is that? Is it some thing tramatic they go through during training?

phuggit
02-08-2005, 02:00 PM
Put a DCB sticker on your back window. The Chippy will probably give you a thumbs up next time he sees you drive by. :smile:

jackpunx
02-08-2005, 02:02 PM
I have a lifted truck.. 6" with 37s
I dont get hassled..
but..
Make sure that your insurance company knows you have your truck lifted as much as you do..
You may not be coverd..

schlepy
02-08-2005, 02:03 PM
BTW:
schlep or schlepp also shlep ( P ) Pronunciation Key (shlp) Slang
v. schlepped, or schlepped also shlepped schlep·ping, or schlepp·ing shlep·ping schleps or schlepps shleps
v. tr.
To carry clumsily or with difficulty; lug: schlepped a shopping bag around town.
v. intr.
To move slowly or laboriously: schlepped around with the twins in a stroller.
n.
An arduous journey.
A clumsy or stupid person.
which one is it essex502 douch bag....

Hustler
02-08-2005, 02:04 PM
What bout one of these on your back window
http://www.kraftfoods.com/koolaid/2001/images/ka_flavor_navigation_v2_06_.jpg

vdrivenman
02-08-2005, 02:17 PM
you find them in all walks of life and espically in police work.
some officers see things in only black & white, wrong & right
some officers see grey and have the ability to use discretion.
just becuase they see things only one way does not make them bad or wrong.
and you can FORGET professional courteousy!

Lake Ape
02-08-2005, 02:20 PM
https://www.dunkindonuts.com/images/global/logo_main.gif

Hallett19
02-08-2005, 02:22 PM
I have only meet two CHP officers that have been easy to deal with when getting pulled over. Every other one I have delt with has been an ASSHOLE. I'll give you respect when you treat the customer (the genral public) in the same manner. If I treated my customers the way most of these CHP guys do I would be out of a job
This is probably because a VERY VERY high percentage of the people the CHP pulls over lies and covers up everything the CHP tagged them for.
" I swear I wasnt speeding " - I was pacing you at 92mph
" I was told they cant be too dark, but this was ok " - Somone told you wrong
" It passes smog " - Its still too loud
" I have a great driving record " - Be more aware next time
" I cant afford this ticket " - Then dont violate the law
" Its not mine, I'ts my friend's " - Then why is it in YOUR car ?
Think if you heard every excuse in the book, day in and day out you might be a little less apt to let people go and treat them with the respect they might think they deserve. Just because a LE officer will die to protect you does'nt give you the right to treat him or her like dirt.

gnarley
02-08-2005, 02:23 PM
which one is it essex502 douch bag....
I think he told you in Bold

Hallett19
02-08-2005, 02:24 PM
...and you can FORGET professional courteousy!
I didnt want to be the one to say this :rollside:

OC-PARTYCAT
02-08-2005, 02:30 PM
Just because a LE officer will die to protect you does'nt give you the right to treat him or her like dirt.
dude...what planet are you from?? I think you have the LE mixed up with our troops.

Jordy
02-08-2005, 02:32 PM
Sorry I'm late:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23popcorn-med.jpg
:D :D :D

schlepy
02-08-2005, 02:32 PM
This is probably because a VERY VERY high percentage of the people the CHP pulls over lies and covers up everything the CHP tagged them for.
" I swear I wasnt speeding " - I was pacing you at 92mph
" I was told they cant be too dark, but this was ok " - Somone told you wrong
" It passes smog " - Its still too loud
" I have a great driving record " - Be more aware next time
" I cant afford this ticket " - Then dont violate the law
" Its not mine, I'ts my friend's " - Then why is it in YOUR car ?
Think if you heard every excuse in the book, day in and day out you might be a little less apt to let people go and treat them with the respect they might think they deserve. Just because a LE officer will die to protect you does'nt give you the right to treat him or her like dirt.
your the guy with the information in your car, right or wrong? can you see if he has a long list of past violations?? im just saying that if you or someone else gets pulled over and has a good driving history dont you think that citizens deserves a break? oh yeah i forgot it doesnt matter for you because you have a brass pass....

schlepy
02-08-2005, 02:33 PM
F the police and a 502

ROZ
02-08-2005, 02:36 PM
If a vehicle meets code and a person abides the rules of the road, there's no reason to get cited...
End of story....

ROZ
02-08-2005, 02:37 PM
Sorry I'm late:
About time! I was friggen hungry :D

Hallett19
02-08-2005, 02:38 PM
im just saying that if you or someone else gets pulled over and has a good driving history dont you think that citizens deserves a break? ....
So if I pull a guy over who is deuce, HOWEVER has a perfect driving record, I should let him go ? Lets be realistic here schlepy.....

Hustler
02-08-2005, 02:40 PM
Just because a LE officer will die to protect you does'nt give you the right to treat him or her like dirt.
And same goes for them treating people like dirt. I'm sorry but just because they have a hard job to do does not give them the right to treat people that way. Hell I have a hard job to do every day also but but I dont treat people like dirt and like I said if I did I would'nt have a job. You would be suprised what a warning could do to some one you just pulled over and I'm sure they can tell who deserves one and who doesnt.

Danhercules
02-08-2005, 02:41 PM
i guess if you drive a big boat like alot of the hot boat posters they are all driving extensions of there dick and will be at fault in an accident???
If your truck hurts someone cause YOUR truck is too high, thats your fault, not matter what.
Dick extention? So your 11'' lift and 38" or so tires and 20+ bling bling wheels are not a dick extention? I see, you off-road and rockcrawl on a daily basis.
I dont wanna come off like an ass, but broken law, no matter what, pay up.
My boat is effen loud, I will get a ticket, but I boat where I am less likly to get a ticket. When I do, I will be sober, (so I wont get a DUI, cause I will get pulled over in my loud boat one day) and I will pay the fine.

schlepy
02-08-2005, 02:42 PM
So if I pull a guy over who is deuce, HOWEVER has a perfect driving record, I should let him go ? Lets be realistic here schlepy.....
if a Deuce mines a DUI, than yes that guy should go to jail, what planet are you from and we the public pay for you???? who in the hell hired you? i meant if someone gets pulled over for say going 55 in a 50 mph zone and they have a great record, they should be let go with a warning, numb nuts.....

Hallett19
02-08-2005, 02:42 PM
dude...what planet are you from?? I think you have the LE mixed up with our troops.
You guys are hopeless.....

schlepy
02-08-2005, 02:43 PM
sorry "means"

schlepy
02-08-2005, 02:47 PM
And same goes for them treating people like dirt. I'm sorry but just because they have a hard job to do does not give them the right to treat people that way. Hell I have a hard job to do every day also but but I dont treat people like dirt and like I said if I did I would'nt have a job. You would be suprised what a warning could do to some one you just pulled over and I'm sure they can tell who deserves one and who doesnt.
well said hustler, thats my point.......

Havasu_Dreamin
02-08-2005, 02:48 PM
i meant if someone gets pulled over for say going 55 in a 50 mph zone and they have a great record, they should be let go with a warning, numb nuts.....
Just because the officer pulled you over does not mean they have to give you a ticket. I've been pulled over numerous times and have not been given a ticket. But I've also been puilled over when knowingly breaking the law as you were and have taken the ticket and paid the fine. If the guy gets pulled over going 60 in a 55, oh well, the law is the law. Work to change the law, don't bitch about it when you knowingly break it and get caught.

probablecause
02-08-2005, 02:50 PM
I remember about five years ago, our station got a nasty-gram from CHP because we were sigining off their tickets. I just got off of the phone with the W/C at the CHP ELA station and he said that the courts "know" that CHP tickets are only allowed to be signed-off by CHP personnel. Sure you can have another L.E. agency sign it but it will still have to be verified by a CHP Officer. FYI.

Jordy
02-08-2005, 02:51 PM
Where is AzDon for this thread? He'd have an opinion on this, I'm sure of it. :D :D :D

schlepy
02-08-2005, 02:53 PM
Just because the officer pulled you over does not mean they have to give you a ticket. I've been pulled over numerous times and have not been given a ticket. But I've also been puilled over when knowingly breaking the law as you were and have taken the ticket and paid the fine. If the guy gets pulled over going 60 in a 55, oh well, the law is the law. Work to change the law, don't bitch about it when you knowingly break it and get caught.
i agree, im going to pay the fine and live with it. what a great tread though... check out how fast the day went by at work........cop killer.............. maybe tomorrow i can post a tread about how hallet19 pulled me over and impounded my truck...

Hustler
02-08-2005, 02:54 PM
Hey Jordy, can I get a bottle of that Grey Goose? After today I'm gonna need it before the drive home :wink:

gnarley
02-08-2005, 02:55 PM
your the guy with the information in your car, right or wrong? can you see if he has a long list of past violations?? im just saying that if you or someone else gets pulled over and has a good driving history dont you think that citizens deserves a break? oh yeah i forgot it doesnt matter for you because you have a brass pass....
Your vehicle is a threat to others public safety good record or not, what part of that don't you understand?
SO you have a good record and you drive a vehicle that does not adhere to the vehicle code and as such is a threat to the safety of others that could be harmed in an accident.
If you don't get it IMO you should pay double or go work in a trauma unit for a week

Jordy
02-08-2005, 02:55 PM
Hey Jordy, can I get a bottle of that Grey Goose? After today I'm gonna need it before the drive home :wink:
Sure thing. You want regular or citroen (for a lemony fresh breath when you get rolled)? :D :D :D

Jordy
02-08-2005, 02:57 PM
you drive a vehicle that does not adhere to the vehicle code and as such is a threat to the safety of others that could be harmed in an accident.
OK, on this point, vehicle code compliant or not, isn't that the case with just about anyone in a full size truck verus someone in a 2 door Speck?
My theory has always been, be the hammer, not the nail. :D

Her454
02-08-2005, 02:58 PM
HMMMM....my sister and I got pulled over last night in her little piece of shit commuter car....headlight out, tail light out and we were speeding.....
No ticket, and he was HOT. Needless to say, Karma will not be good to me if I respond to this thread with ANY negative..... :D

schlepy
02-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Your vehicle is a threat to others public safety good record or not, what part of that don't you understand?
SO you have a good record and you drive a vehicle that does not adhere to the vehicle code and as such is a threat to the safety of others that could be harmed in an accident.
If you don't get it IMO you should pay double or go work in a trauma unit for a week
so if i ride a motorcycle to work does that mean all the other cars and trucks around me a threat to public safety??? JackA$$

Hustler
02-08-2005, 03:01 PM
You have point about the lemony fresh breath so the citreon will do. Now does any one have a air freshner tough enough to kill that glass pipe smell in the cab of my truck? :D

gnarley
02-08-2005, 03:03 PM
OK, on this point, vehicle code compliant or not, isn't that the case with just about anyone in a full size truck verus someone in a 2 door Speck?
My theory has always been, be the hammer, not the nail. :D
Yes it is the speck always looses, but side impact or frontal impact changes when the bumper is at window height and not at grill or side height below the glass. When the impact occurs below the glass the occupants may have a chance. When the impact is above the glass, you have even less chance.

Essex502
02-08-2005, 03:04 PM
F the police and a 502
You're showing exactly your roots. Cheap name calling is a definite sign of your immaturity - the same immaturity you probably displayed to the officer. Grow up.

Hustler
02-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Well maybe they should build bigger specks :rolleyes:

ROZ
02-08-2005, 03:06 PM
i agree, im going to pay the fine and live with it. ..
Just curious... Are you going to fix the exhaust and lower the truck to meet code, or are you going to continue to pay escalating fines?

Jordy
02-08-2005, 03:07 PM
HMMMM....my sister and I got pulled over last night in her little piece of shit commuter car....headlight out, tail light out and we were speeding.....
No ticket, and he was HOT. Needless to say, Karma will not be good to me if I respond to this thread with ANY negative..... :D
Did he make you blow in his breathalyzer???? :idea: :D :D :D

Essex502
02-08-2005, 03:09 PM
so if i ride a motorcycle to work does that mean all the other cars and trucks around me a threat to public safety??? JackA$$
What a jerk. you truly show your intelligence and maturity the more your post keep it up.

Hustler
02-08-2005, 03:09 PM
LOL she must of been drinking the citreon:D

gnarley
02-08-2005, 03:10 PM
JackA$$ ??? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black :confused:
if i ride a motorcycle to work does that mean all the other cars and trucks around me a threat to public safety??? Not as long as they are within the vehicle code.
I think most bikers know their chances if they encounter a larger vehicle.
Don't you get it?

ROZ
02-08-2005, 03:12 PM
I think when you ride a motorcycle to work you put your life on surrounding driver's hands even more....... So , yes

schlepy
02-08-2005, 03:12 PM
You're showing exactly your roots. Cheap name calling is a definite sign of your immaturity - the same immaturity you probably displayed to the officer. Grow up.
i had complete respect for the officer, never disrespected him once. like i said in a previous post i just signed my ticket and was on my way. i have respect for everyone except the cops that think they have too much power, kilroy or someone said it best, most cops got their ass kicked in highschool and now its time for the payback, i guess. to bad they have a badge on because they still would get there ass kick... i hope all you fellow hot boaters have a great afternoon im outta here.... stay safe and look out for the blue berries and cherries in your rear view mirror...

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Needless to say, Karma will not be good to me if I respond to this thread with ANY negative..... :D
Ditto here. I want to pipe in, but I don't dare.

Her454
02-08-2005, 03:23 PM
I wasn't driving, she was. And no alcohol. :D Only Red Bull and ...........ok nevermind.

VEGASBABY
02-08-2005, 03:24 PM
Today I drove in the carpool lane, all by myself. I was late for work. The fine for that is $271.00 dollars. When I made the decision to get into the carpool lane I took on the understanding that I am breaking the LAW and if I was to get caught, I would have a steep fine to pay. But, it was worth it to me. The gain out weighed the cost, for me.
I didn't get caught, thankfully. If I did get caught today and tomorrow did the same thing and the same Highway Patrol officer gave me another ticket for it, would it be harrasment? Hell no. It would be me, knowingly breaking the law AGAIN, and having to be responsible for MY actions.
Ignorance of the laws, laws that the people voted to be enacted, is no defense. You knew what you were doing IS against the law, and the CHP officer DID his job, the job we pay him to do, and now you have to be responsible for your actions.
If you like your truck the way it is, I think it looks cool too, keep it the way it is and just MAN up and face your responsibilities when the time comes. IF the cost out weighs the gain, then lower your truck a little and be done with it.
As far as CHP officers harrasing people for Vehicle code violations when there are other more haneous crimes to deal with, well thats what they do. Thats what we pay them for. Not too many Dentists doing heart surgeries these days.
Their primary responsibility is to ENFORCE vehicle code violations on State Highways and County roads. Their other collateral duties include homeland security and assisting allied agencies when needed. Local Police and Sheriff's departments are concerned with crime, not traffic. So, if you drove by a POLICE car, looked down and he gave you the thumbs up, its because he is not concerned with your vehicle code violation, because that is NOT his primary responsibilty when there are Murders, Rapes, Robberies, and shootings going on within his city. Very well said, your Truck is cool but its in violation with the law! Maybe you didnt realize before but now you do so put up or shut up! Or throw some air bags on the dam thing and lower the truck on the way to work and raise in later! :D

Jordy
02-08-2005, 03:27 PM
I wasn't driving, she was. And no alcohol. :D Only Red Bull and ...........ok nevermind.
You must not remember that blonde joke and it had nothing to do with alcohol. :D

Kilrtoy
02-08-2005, 03:45 PM
I hope that was a joke, but coming from a alta dena Chp I doubt it. Compare apples to apples, not a sunflower seed to watermelon....
Fillers are a joke, maybe no one told you that Hallet 19

Sane Asylum
02-08-2005, 04:20 PM
Sorry I'm late:
:D :D

Sane Asylum
02-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Uhhhhggg......May be a small difference here.......Not sure but don't have somewhat great chance of DYING when you're doing your job......Or do you? Not defending but if I were in a LE shoes not knowing whether or not someone's going to head shoot me at anytime........I'd be a little cautious/aloof myself.....

Sane Asylum
02-08-2005, 04:32 PM
F the police and a 502
NICE.......very well said and quite articulate...... :angry2: Tell you what Schlepper.........You injure my family with your illegal lifted truck you won't have to worry about the police.
Aren't internet forums great......It allows many many people to expose their tremendous ignorance without even really trying. :2purples:

Hustler
02-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Uhhhhggg......May be a small difference here.......Not sure but don't have somewhat great chance of DYING when you're doing your job......Or do you? Not defending but if I were in a LE shoes not knowing whether or not someone's going to head shoot me at anytime........I'd be a little cautious/aloof myself.....
Then they better be careful stopping a postal worker...JK :) Thats why I said they can determine that themselfs. regardless it still does not give them the right to treat people like crap.

Force26 Jr.
02-08-2005, 04:35 PM
dang thats really messed up!

SoCalHD
02-08-2005, 04:54 PM
I would definitely have to agree that these internet forums are a great medium by which people's stupidity can surface. I am dismayed by the responses of those that are supposed to uphold a higher standard.
Schlepy-if I am correct, you have the CST 9-11" lift. If that is the case, buy some 38's, un-crank your t-bars, and wa-la!! Your truck is still bad ass, and LEGAL.
People, summer IS coming. Soon we will all be chillin' at the river letting the daily worries of our jobs/lifes fade away. We all have something that drives us nuts, so we come to our ***boat brethern to vent. Is Schlepy pissed about his stiuation?? Yes. Is venting to us going to fix it and make the problem go away?? No. But it was just that, venting. If you are in law enforcement-as long as you aren't one of the "dicks" as some refer to, Then don't worry about what he is saying!! You are not who he is referring to!! There are those people in every line of work that just manage to piss others off just by continuing to breath. And there are plenty of jobs where your life could be in danger any minute-but there is no gun and badge to go with your job duties. I'm a Childrens Social Worker-there is NO glory to my job. I have natural parents threaten me on a daily basis. I have also been nearly killed when a natural parent tried to run me over with her car in the parking lot. Why, she thought using drugs and beating her 2 year old into a coma was GREAT parenting!!
In summary(for those who read this far), work sucks-but it is a necessary evil by which we procure toys. Toys are fun and help us forget the crap we put up with to buy the toys. Life is short-Play Hard!!!!

OC-PARTYCAT
02-08-2005, 04:58 PM
Tell you what Schlepper.........You injure my family with your illegal lifted truck you won't have to worry about the police.
damn, you guys are harsh...his bumpers are legal and I dont think his illegal headlights, or tailpipe are going to injure anyone, unless you are parked next to him for a few hours.

boater72
02-08-2005, 04:59 PM
I have had the CHP let me go three times for sure and once where he should have taken me in. So to say that the CHP suck is so far off base. And if you don't know that if a truck is lifted to high and runs over a car instead of hitting it, well you got real problems with your insurance company when or if that day ever comes.

mike37
02-08-2005, 05:13 PM
11" lift, not that high!?!?!?
You rearend a small sportscar, my bet is that your gonna roll right over them and hurt someone.
I am guessing that is why the law is there.
that what I was going to say and the bumper is to high to dont know the
law on that but there is a limit

Thunder 1
02-08-2005, 05:26 PM
Just for info, Havasu P.D. is giving tickets for no mud flaps on lifted trucks. I think it is a phase they go through. That CHP was sitting on the shiter and reading the vehicle code book and came upond this law and wanted to be a big shot and show his authority. I too have quite a few cop friends including Chippies and they would never write anything like this unless your were a Dick to them. I guess it's like this, The Whole World Needs Another Asshole And This Guy Got The Job!!!!! Just to bad it happened to a good guy. Ed

77charger
02-08-2005, 05:28 PM
IMO if you are breaking the law it is only a matter of time before you get the ticket.Wheter speeding,tint windows,lowered,to high.etc.You know it time to pay up!!
Now you think you should get a warning for life everytime you get pulled over?as far as lifted truck.tinted windows,high headlights,etc??Wll now you know you are in violation so consider that your warning and fix it case solved chp wont be looking for you then.
I aint saying i am perfect i dont have a front plate on my truck or a plate on my streetbike,i dont drive the speed limit,and i dont tow my boat boat at 55 mph either yet i know i am breaking the law everytime i do this so if iget a ticket i deserve it.
chp= traffic, vehicle safety enforcement(tint windows,smog,burned out lights,etc)
city cop=crime,house calls,some traffic but could probably care less about a missing frnt plate,tinted window
motorcycle cop=looking for traffic violations specifically.
BTW i have been stopped by chp many times when younger and let go more than 90% of the time with a warning except the last 2 times both speeding last one was in 99

Kilrtoy
02-08-2005, 05:53 PM
this whole thread has reminded us of why people hate cops and lump them all together. There are reasons that may be justified tinted windows, but then the state traffic officer continued on and began to search for items that may be wrong. The person who is venting stated that he was nice polite and not rude. It appears that the chippie wrote a 2 page ticket maybe. this is where common sense prevails.
Hey im giving you a citation for tinted windows, your exhuast and headlights are incorrect Your mud flaps are missing. Please correct this, I notice you live by here so I am sure you and I will cross paths again. If In the future I notice that the items I have pointed out are not corrected, then I will cite you for them and this can become very expense.
That would leave this person with a postive attitude about the police and a postive story.
Instead we have a certain Chippie here defending the Chicken shit actions of a fellow chippie. Which only pisses people off even more.....
Botom line is there are JERK OFFS in all agencies, unforuantely the CHP has way more than any agency should burden....

Tanker Ray
02-08-2005, 05:55 PM
Where is AzDon for this thread? He'd have an opinion on this, I'm sure of it. :D :D :D
AzDon is probably in Yucca Valley about now and headed west. Don is the senior guy where I work, and is the most unselfish of seniority guys I've ever worked with. He is a standup guy, and I'm proud to call him my friend. I don't really know what opinion he'd have about Schleppy's rant, but I know Don prides himself in being "all about the fairness" to the degree that if he feels a law is unfair, he'd fight it to the supreme court, if necessary!
Did the CHP officer treat Schleppy unfairly in some way? It looks to me as if he was observed breaking the law continuously and was ticketed when he didn't fix the problem. Being in denial is not the same as fixing a problem. Schleppy has two choices for fixing his problem:
1) Either get rid of the illegal features on his truck ( or "off " the truck)
2) Go through whatever it takes to get the law changed
Schleppy, Perhaps you could band together with other "lifted truck" owners to raise funds and collect enough signatures to get an initiative on the ballot, and I'm sure (sarcasm) that lifted trucks are popular enough with the general public that you'd get your initiative easily passed, right?
The cop is not being a dick for insisting that you will change your illegal behavior or continue to get expensive reminders that you aren't in compliance. It would be reasonable for him to make the argument that you are being a dick for not changing your behavior!

Hallett19
02-08-2005, 06:13 PM
.....That would leave this person with a postive attitude about the police and a postive story....
The last thing the CHP wants to do is be your friend guy, they dont want to see anyone get hurt and will take every step possible to prevent traffic related deaths and injuries.
The idea behind citing someone for these violatios is to have them fixed. The times people are WARNED and the violation is actually fixed is LESS THAN HALF, but those that are CITED are almost 100% of the time repaired.
This might or might not be a difficult concept for some to understand, and yes, there are situations where people are let off with warnings and others where they are cited for every violation, but unless you are being harrased, I would not take it to the heart when the officer is more thourough with his assesment of your violations than others. It did not seem like shleper was harrased considering he signed the ticket calmly and went on his way......

Kilrtoy
02-08-2005, 06:18 PM
The last thing the CHP wants to do is be your friend guy, they dont want to see anyone get hurt and will take every step possible to prevent traffic related deaths and injuries.
The idea behind citing someone for these violatios is to have them fixed. The times people are WARNED and the violation is actually fixed is LESS THAN HALF, but those that are CITED are almost 100% of the time repaired.
This might or might not be a difficult concept for some to understand, and yes, there are situations where people are let off with warnings and others where they are cited for every violation, but unless you are being harrased, I would not take it to the heart when the officer is more thourough with his assesment of your violations than others. It did not seem like shleper was harrased considering he signed the ticket calmly and went on his way......
Great company line, what section of brainwashing was that in.....
Is it not a fact that the CHIPPIES have hard on's for lifted trucks, YES OR NO, NOW BE HONEST.....
It did not seem like shleper was harrased considering he signed the ticket calmly and went on his way......[/
So should he have gotten in a fight with him instead, what kinda a logic is this, because he is smart enough to not make his life worse off at the hands of Mr baby Blue Tie....

Mahaskier
02-08-2005, 06:20 PM
Nothing against CHPies but they give all cops a bad name.
That's why we all need to understand, THEIR NOT!

Mahaskier
02-08-2005, 06:21 PM
Now, make your truck legal and let's get on with it.

ratso
02-08-2005, 06:23 PM
Great company line, what section of brainwashing was that in.....
Is it not a fact that the CHIPPIES have hard on's for lifted trucks, YES OR NO, NOW BE HONEST.....
It did not seem like shleper was harrased considering he signed the ticket calmly and went on his way......[/
So should he have gotten in a fight with him instead, what kinda a logic is this, because he is smart enough to not make his life worse off at the hands of Mr baby Blue Tie....
LMAO! Around these parts they have hard-ons for sportscars. I was written up for tinted windows and no front plate on my sportscars, yet with my trucks I have never once been stopped. Dicks I tell ya...Dicks. :D

Hustler
02-08-2005, 06:26 PM
this whole thread has reminded us of why people hate cops and lump them all together. There are reasons that may be justified tinted windows, but then the state traffic officer continued on and began to search for items that may be wrong. The person who is venting stated that he was nice polite and not rude. It appears that the chippie wrote a 2 page ticket maybe. this is where common sense prevails.
Hey im giving you a citation for tinted windows, your exhuast and headlights are incorrect Your mud flaps are missing. Please correct this, I notice you live by here so I am sure you and I will cross paths again. If In the future I notice that the items I have pointed out are not corrected, then I will cite you for them and this can become very expense.
That would leave this person with a postive attitude about the police and a postive story.
Instead we have a certain Chippie here defending the Chicken shit actions of a fellow chippie. Which only pisses people off even more.....
Botom line is there are JERK OFFS in all agencies, unforuantely the CHP has way more than any agency should burden....
This sinario hit the nail on the head, a simple warning and he gets his point across.

Hallett19
02-08-2005, 06:36 PM
....Is it not a fact that the CHIPPIES have hard on's for lifted trucks, YES OR NO, NOW BE HONEST.....
I will be honest, not once have I ever met a chippie who's daily goal is to get a lifted truck. An unlicensed driver, a drunk, seatbelt violation and speeders, and of course to protect the public (all of you), they do make goals like those, but never "I'm going to get a lifted truck every day I work".
I'm going to stay out of this from here on out because the select few of you feel the way you feel and I have to respect that and I'm not here to change anyone's mind, just to give a little insight to what the CHP sees and more importantly what they do every day.

H20Advantage
02-08-2005, 06:41 PM
Some people who are on the job also need to remember The Letter of the Law vs. The Spirit of the Law when working enforcement. Granted that CHP's main job is traffic law enforcement. Sometimes education is the way to go.
There are different levels of enforcement and if it is a minor infraction I whole heartedly agree with what Kilrtoy just stated. The legal system starts with the Officer on the street and they are given some leeway on what enforcement steps need to be taken. Verbal warning and education, written citation, impound or arrest if needed.
Most people were picked for the job because they display a reasonable amount of common sense to make the right decision. :wink:

Havasu Hangin'
02-08-2005, 06:45 PM
this whole thread has reminded us of why people hate cops and lump them all together.
OK...here's my 2 cents....I agree with Hustler.
Just like there are stupid people, there are stupid cops. No cop ever wants to hear that, but it's the truth.
I don't think stupid cops have the right to treat people like crap, but I also don't think stupid people have the right to treat cops like crap.
:cool:

Ziggy
02-08-2005, 06:48 PM
I posted it earlier Kilr...Shleprock said he has had other encounters with the same CHP before, where apparently he had not ticketed him for the ILLEGAL equipment...wouldn't logic say the cop warned him then?
Honestly, to argue over this is rediculous..he admitted that his truck is illegal but had to gripe about the cop writing him up for it...OK fine, get on with life and either fix it and forget about future hassles or continue to gamble and risk other peoples safety over the bling factor.
I've had a few modified cars over the years and honestly it was alway City Cops that ticketed and harrassed me, one time the CHP was even cool enough to look at my car and say "you can go, it looks like you get enough tickets". One particular instance I was minding my own biz going to work when the city cop for no reason hung a dangerous U-ee just to light me up and do a inspection. After being pulled over I asked what I did wrong and his smart answer was "nothing"..... Wow, now thats showing respect :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I have friends on both city and chp forces..all of whom I have the highest regard.

Jordy
02-08-2005, 06:50 PM
AzDon is probably in Yucca Valley about now and headed west. Don is the senior guy where I work, and is the most unselfish of seniority guys I've ever worked with. He is a standup guy, and I'm proud to call him my friend. I don't really know what opinion he'd have about Schleppy's rant, but I know Don prides himself in being "all about the fairness" to the degree that if he feels a law is unfair, he'd fight it to the supreme court, if necessary!
Did the CHP officer treat Schleppy unfairly in some way? It looks to me as if he was observed breaking the law continuously and was ticketed when he didn't fix the problem. Being in denial is not the same as fixing a problem. Schleppy has two choices for fixing his problem:
1) Either get rid of the illegal features on his truck ( or "off " the truck)
2) Go through whatever it takes to get the law changed
Schleppy, Perhaps you could band together with other "lifted truck" owners to raise funds and collect enough signatures to get an initiative on the ballot, and I'm sure (sarcasm) that lifted trucks are popular enough with the general public that you'd get your initiative easily passed, right?
The cop is not being a dick for insisting that you will change your illegal behavior or continue to get expensive reminders that you aren't in compliance. It would be reasonable for him to make the argument that you are being a dick for not changing your behavior!
This just keeps getting better. Anyone care to venture a guess as to the IP address of TankerRay as opposed to N!ck, Over18, Backfire, and AzDon???
6 posts, most following AzDon in a thread???? :rolleyes:
AzDon would be all over this thread as civil rights are being violated. If someone wants to lift their truck 4', by God, they should have the right to as we live in the USA for crying out loud. This is selective enforcement, profiling, harassment, and WILL NOT STAND!!!!
Wow, I almost said all that with a straight face. :rolleyes:
This is why AzDon would be all over it TankerR@y:
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69975

RP1
02-08-2005, 06:51 PM
I will be honest, not once have I ever met a chippie who's daily goal is to get a lifted truck. An unlicensed driver, a drunk, seatbelt violation and speeders, and of course to protect the public (all of you), they do make goals like those, but never "I'm going to get a lifted truck every day I work".
I'm going to stay out of this from here on out because the select few of you feel the way you feel and I have to respect that and I'm not here to change anyone's mind, just to give a little insight to what the CHP sees and more importantly what they do every day.
The question is... are you a Chippie? If so, than you speak from personal experience. If not, you are only assuming what they think, which says it all.

Kilrtoy
02-08-2005, 07:00 PM
I love when people start off by saying
I will be honest
This is the first clue they are lying, AND I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT CHIPPIES LOVE TO MESS WITH LIFTED TRUCKS. So with that, I will say you are lying and I will stand by that statement.....
Letter of the law vs, Spirt, That is not part of any KD the chippies ever learned.LETTER is all they know.
I bet you write people for doing 70MPH on the freeway in a posted 65MPH
So do you work in Alta Dena

rvrpig
02-08-2005, 07:06 PM
All I can say is that if you have never been for a ride-along with the CHP then you have no Idea what they have to go through and all of the asshole excuses that people give to get out of a ticket. My brother is a CHP and I have been on a ride-along with him. Have you seen what a Lifted truck will do to a normal car? A lifted car vs. a car will end up with the person in the car most likely being decapitated. So that is the reason for the frame and bumper height...as some other people on here have said. And as for the window tint...it's a scary thing to walk up on a car that even with the spotlight in the rear window...you cant see the people inside. Any punk weather or not they drive a $250,000 car or a $1,000 car can pull a gun and shoot an officer. I have tinted windows on my truck...and if I get a ticket I deserve it! No questions about it!
People on the highways are idiots! Even if they have never had a ticket. The night I want with my brother he pulled over about 7 people. Any thing from expired tags to speeding to following to close. One car had 5 people in the back of a Hundai Sante fe....two where belted in and of the three unbelted two of them where KIDS! If it wasnt for the expired tags they would not get the ticket and they would continue to break the law and endanger there passenger. They even begged not to get the seatbelt ticket for the KIDS!?
If you break the law then you deserve what you get.
On another note...just my .02 cents...but why do you need a truck that hi? I know you CAN DO IT.....but why?
Just wondering?

coolchange
02-08-2005, 07:07 PM
Personally I like lifted trucks, They make me :D . No safety issue? Knew a guy with a lifted deal with the Big Jaloney tires. Always thought he was safe. Got in a lane altercation with a little Toyota, just a little bump. The big wide tires grabbed the Toy like a shirt in a grinder and wadded it up. 1 dead on scene. Then he couldn't handle it and rolled it cause it was so high and those tires work so good at fwy speeds. 1 more dead at the scene (kid) and 1 more parapalegic.
Personally have never been ticketed for what I was doing (always lesser offence) and was actually let off for doin deep triple digits once. (Monte Carlo rallying out in the desert at about 4am). I did have a LAPD with a hard on for me when I was a Kid. Guess he didn't like a 20 year old with a 4x4, a Flat bottom, hot chick, and his own business. He used to pull me over for no license plate light!

Ziggy
02-08-2005, 07:07 PM
Let it go Kilr......agree to disagree on that. :rolleyes:
I posted it earlier Kilr...Shleprock said he has had other encounters with the same CHP before, where apparently he had not ticketed him for the ILLEGAL equipment...wouldn't logic say the cop warned him then?
Honestly, to argue over this is rediculous..he admitted that his truck is illegal but had to gripe about the cop writing him up for it...OK fine, get on with life and either fix it and forget about future hassles or continue to gamble and risk other peoples safety over the bling factor.
good night :smile:

Kilrtoy
02-08-2005, 07:09 PM
Here is what he posted and im not reading into it. Dont assume it was all in this truck
seems like alot of corona peeps are on-line today. i live off the 91 and green river and there is no side streets, i have to take the freeway. this guy has already stopped me a few times and it gets worse everytime he pulls me over.
If in fact the chippie warned him and gave him ample time to fix it and he didnt THAT IS HIS TUFF SHIT AND HE IS STUPID FOR EVEN CRYING ON HERE ABOUT IT, if he has never warned him as you put it, that is chicken shit.
With all that all that lift stuff he put on his truck, im suprised the chippie didnt call for a commercial officer to weigh his truck to make sure it is the correct weight as certified on his reg....

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-08-2005, 07:13 PM
Too high of headlights could cause an accident if they are distracting another driver by shining in his/her rear-view or side-view mirror. I did not realize how distracting this was for years because I only drove trucks. Now that I have a camaro, I get blinded all the time (EVERY time I drive at night) by headlights that are too high. I have to turn my mirrors away so that I can see in front of me and that is dangerous.
:cool: guess I should just wear my sunglasses at night :cool:

Ziggy
02-08-2005, 07:14 PM
Here is what he posted and im not reading into it. Dont assume it was all in this truck
If in fact the chippie warned him and gave him ample time to fix it and he didnt THAT IS HIS TUFF SHIT AND HE IS STUPID FOR EVEN CRYING ON HERE ABOUT IT, if he has never warned him as you put it, that is chicken shit.
Thats the only point I was trying to make and put some logic into this heated thread...we only have a few facts to hang our hats on, and to be straight, I'd seriously doubt Shlepp told all either, they obviously recognize one another :D

Kilrtoy
02-08-2005, 07:16 PM
Too high of headlights could cause an accident if they are distracting another driver by shining in his/her rear-view or side-view mirror. I did not realize how distracting this was for years because I only drove trucks. Now that I have a camaro, I get blinded all the time (EVERY time I drive at night) by headlights that are too high. I have to turn my mirrors away so that I can see in front of me and that is dangerous.
:cool:
Not to bust your chops, but every once in awhile the wife lets me put gas in her corvette. I usually do this at night, DAMN I GET BLINDED TOYOTA MINI VANS,
HELL LETS BAN TOYOTA MINI VANS.....

famaffair
02-08-2005, 07:18 PM
I AM A CHP OFFICER, AND I THOUGHT WE WERE ALL ON THE SAME TEAM.!!!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-08-2005, 07:21 PM
Not to bust your chops, but every once in awhile the wife lets me put gas in her corvette. I usually do this at night, DAMN I GET BLINDED TOYOTA MINI VANS,
HELL LETS BAN TOYOTA MINI VANS.....
LOL, my mom has a Firebird and my dad got replacement headlights at Kragen (or whatever it's called now) and one shines straight into oncoming traffic, he has it adjusted as far as it can go. He didn't like when I told him he should have got it from the dealer.
Still, most of the time I get blinded it's from lifted trucks. Maybe it's just all of these city people that moved out here and they are afraid of the dark and drive around with their brights on, I don't know :rolleyes:
I'm sure yours are adjusted properly, or have you not lifted it yet?:D

famaffair
02-08-2005, 07:22 PM
The Law Is The Law, I Would Not Have Wrote That Unless You Were Being A ....head. However, Every Officer Is Different. I Would Not Sign It Off If I Were You, Because If You Get Caught, You Are Going To Have More Serious Problems On Your Hand.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-08-2005, 07:24 PM
BTW, We should ban Toyota minivans! And all the other ones too! :D

RP1
02-08-2005, 07:24 PM
Letter of the law vs, Spirt, That is not part of any KD the chippies ever learned.LETTER is all they know.
So do you work in Alta Dena[/QUOTE]
I was waiting for this comment from you Klr... well put. The spirit is seems to be missing with some of them.

Havasu Hangin'
02-08-2005, 07:26 PM
However, Every Officer Is Different.
:idea:

famaffair
02-08-2005, 07:29 PM
I love when people start off by saying
I will be honest
This is the first clue they are lying, AND I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT CHIPPIES LOVE TO MESS WITH LIFTED TRUCKS. So with that, I will say you are lying and I will stand by that statement.....
So do you work in Alta Dena
FACT, I HAVE BEEN A CHP OFFICER FOR SEVEN YEARS AND I HAVE NOT WRITTEN ONE TRUCK WITH A LIFT KIT. ON THE OTHER HAND I HAVE ARRESTED HUNDREDS OF DRUNK DRIVERS ND FELONS AND PROBABLY SAVED A LIFE OR TWO!!!

chub
02-08-2005, 07:35 PM
I'm just saying yeah, I can lose my life at work any givin day and if I treated my clients poor I wouldn't have a job. If you can't deal with the people don't work with them.....or against them. I don't have a problem with LE being cautious.. I keep my hands in sight and always say where or what I'm doing. Cops can be cool so be cool when folks are cool.

RP1
02-08-2005, 07:37 PM
FACT, I HAVE BEEN A CHP OFFICER FOR SEVEN YEARS AND I HAVE NOT WRITTEN ONE TRUCK WITH A LIFT KIT. ON THE OTHER HAND I HAVE ARRESTED HUNDREDS OF DRUNK DRIVERS ND FELONS AND PROBABLY SAVED A LIFE OR TWO!!!
Stop yelling, you're hurting my ears. :D

HavaTan
02-08-2005, 07:37 PM
LOL, my mom has a Firebird and my dad got replacement headlights at Kragen (or whatever it's called now) and one shines straight into oncoming traffic, he has it adjusted as far as it can go. He didn't like when I told him he should have got it from the dealer.
Still, most of the time I get blinded it's from lifted trucks. Maybe it's just all of these city people that moved out here and they are afraid of the dark and drive around with their brights on, I don't know :rolleyes:
I'm sure yours are adjusted properly, or have you not lifted it yet?:D
If it's adjusted all the way...he's probably got the headlight in upside down. It happens all the time. Not sure if that is what it is, but I'd check that first.

Kilrtoy
02-08-2005, 07:46 PM
FACT, I HAVE BEEN A CHP OFFICER FOR SEVEN YEARS AND I HAVE NOT WRITTEN ONE TRUCK WITH A LIFT KIT.
Dont let your buddies hear you say that, they might start an I.A. on you for conduct unbecoming. You know they hate that when one of your type slips in .... :D

JDB
02-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Hey Peeps
Tip-O-De-Day......I get tickets almost every weekend during the summer traveling through Yucca Valley and 29 Palms for tinted windows. The fix? Easy! Shag yo ass down to "Home Cheapo" and buy a 3' x 3' sheet of clear plexeglas. Hold the sheet up to your window and draw the outline of the window. Cut the sheet to the pattern made....when you get your fix-it-ticket claim that you sent in the proof......when you get the second notice, call the court and say that you sent in the proof.....then ask "since YOU guys lost my ticket will a picture of the "fixed" window work? Of course they will accept a photo, so you roll the window down and place the cut to size plexeglass in the door.....take your photo....and Waaaaaa-Laa! Sound like a lot of work, but beats the hell out of the C-Note you pay everytime you remove and install!
Send your compliments to CHP, White Feather Road, BFE :mix:

JetBoatRich
02-08-2005, 07:54 PM
Pretty long threadhttp://www.theinsideline.net/forum/images/smilies/backhand.gif who can sum it up :yuk: http://www.theinsideline.net/forum/images/smilies/backhand.gif

AirtimeLavey
02-08-2005, 07:59 PM
Ponch and John wouldn't have done him like that... :D
Seriously, sounds like the chippie stopped him before. If I were a cop and was cool the first time or two or three, I'd be getting a little pissy, too, if I saw the guy still hadn't done anything .to fix it. If you know you're not legal, you're living on borrowed time and you don't have a leg to stand on. I've been let off w/warnings many times. A couple, I shouldn't have been.
Spirit of the law, should win the day. There are a-holes in every job. As for our country's LE, most are tops. Just try going to another country and see how many of them deal w/sh--. In Spain, they freakin carry machine-guns. We got it easy, unless you insist on being stupid...

Tanker Ray
02-08-2005, 08:00 PM
This just keeps getting better. Anyone care to venture a guess as to the IP address of TankerRay as opposed to N!ck, Over18, Backfire, and AzDon???
6 posts, most following AzDon in a thread???? :rolleyes:
AzDon would be all over this thread as civil rights are being violated. If someone wants to lift their truck 4', by God, they should have the right to as we live in the USA for crying out loud. This is selective enforcement, profiling, harassment, and WILL NOT STAND!!!!
Wow, I almost said all that with a straight face. :rolleyes:
This is why AzDon would be all over it TankerR@y:
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69975
By all means, check my IP address against AzDon's-- I don't think they have the same ISP in Havasu that I have here in Parker!
I'm well aware that Don has a fairness issue with being denied traffic school on the basis of his licensing. I admire his commitment to his principals, but I wouldn't personally spend thousands challenging the system as he intends to do over a $180 ticket. Since I'm a truck driver also, I'll be grateful if he succeeds. That doesn't mean I'm going to contribute to his cause!

Kilrtoy
02-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Another CHP fact
There were 4 chippies killed in a shoot out in the early seventies in Valencia.
The LASO was the lead investigating agency. The dets from the LASO were returning from the shooting scene in their plain police vehicle. They were stopped by a chippie officer, who stated that he stopped them for not having plates on their vehicle. They stated we are LASO dets, we are investigating the shoot out involving the chippies. We are on our way back to the station to interview the shooter, So the chippie cited them for not having plates on their police vehicle and sent them on their way,
YEP THIS IS A TRUE STORY.....A sad one but true....

chub
02-08-2005, 08:21 PM
:cool: guess I should just wear my sunglasses at night :cool:
You said "wear my sunglasses at night" Remember that gay song from the 80s? little humor here folks. :) :) :)

rrrr
02-08-2005, 08:24 PM
Pretty long threadhttp://www.theinsideline.net/forum/images/smilies/backhand.gif who can sum it up :yuk: http://www.theinsideline.net/forum/images/smilies/backhand.gif
Bunch of girlie crying and moaning because the law was broken and they got caught. Do whatever the f*ck you want, but when the cops ticket you for it, have enough stones to shut up and pay the fine.
Christ, I can't believe how many people cry and sniffle about the cops doing their job.
:yuk: :yuk:

JetBoatRich
02-08-2005, 08:31 PM
Bunch of girlie crying and moaning because the law was broken and they got caught. Do whatever the f*ck you want, but when the cops ticket you for it, have enough stones to shut up and pay the fine.
Christ, I can't believe how many people cry and sniffle about the cops doing their job.
:yuk: :yuk:
Thanks, figured it was something like thathttp://www.theinsideline.net/forum/images/smilies/whistling.gif

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-08-2005, 08:35 PM
You said "wear my sunglasses at night" Remember that gay song from the 80s? little humor here folks. :) :) :)
Corey Hart
My Man's<----A child of the 80s---->Sportin' Wood

sam pioske
02-08-2005, 08:45 PM
Hallett 19, WE DO NOT VOTE ON vechicle [laws] codes they are forced on us, that is part of the problem From a person whos son inlaw is vetern chp daughter is deputy Laws are made for the weak, think about that!!!!!! And i don't like the friggen headlights of some monster truck in my rear view mirrow, so i run away from them.

THATJEFFGUY
02-08-2005, 08:57 PM
Why does it even have to be fake? LOL... You ever gotten a ticket before? There's a name and badge # on every ticket you've ever gotten.
That's about all I'm saying with regards to that.. Not that I've ever done it in the past (a few hundred times with my old car ;) ) But to answer your question.. and I'm sure I'm going to be compared to the antichrist by all the leagle beagles on the board... But no.. in my experience, and the experiences of some friends in different counties. They don't check. So long as they get signed off, and the cop that rolls you for it next time isn't this same guy (so he doesn't know that you've been stopped for it before) it's just the same fix it ticket over and over and over..
The focker of it is when you get stopped by the same guy twice. Then there's some other charge they tack on, and there's a fine that used to be in the neighborhood of 250 bucks if memory serves.
RD
...what he said, it works ! But it's so much easier/safer to just get a friend in LE to write it off for ya...it'll only cost ya a beer or two !

thesunking
02-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Ponch and John wouldn't have done him like that... :D
Seriously, sounds like the chippie stopped him before. If I were a cop and was cool the first time or two or three, I'd be getting a little pissy, too, if I saw the guy still hadn't done anything .to fix it. If you know you're not legal, you're living on borrowed time and you don't have a leg to stand on. I've been let off w/warnings many times. A couple, I shouldn't have been.
Spirit of the law, should win the day. There are a-holes in every job. As for our country's LE, most are tops. Just try going to another country and see how many of them deal w/sh--. In Spain, they freakin carry machine-guns. We got it easy, unless you insist on being stupid...
<p align=center>http://www.crazyabouttv.com/Images/chips.jpg
L.A. 7-Mary 3 & 4 Show Us 10-98 Roadway Clear

MudPumper
02-08-2005, 09:56 PM
<p align=center>http://www.crazyabouttv.com/Images/chips.jpg
L.A. 7-Mary 4 & 5 Show Us 10-98 Roadway Clear\
I do believe it's 7 Mary 3 and 4.

thesunking
02-08-2005, 10:08 PM
I do believe it's 7 Mary 3 and 4.
<p align=center>http://a1259.g.akamai.net/f/1259/5586/1d/images.art.com/images/PRODUCTS/large/10039000/10039208.jpg

Thanks for the correction . . . . . .
7 Mary 3 Officer Baker, Jonathan A.
Badge # 8712
7 Mary 4 Officer Poncherello, Francis Llewellyn
Badge # B600

RiverPirate
02-08-2005, 10:37 PM
What ever happened to that band, 7 Mary 3? They didn't last too long did they? Pay to play Schlep......I'm sure it was nothing personal, just business. :D

Havasu_Dreamin
02-09-2005, 09:47 AM
To most John Q Citizens, you are. But apparently with some law enforcement officer, you're not.

Ziggy
02-09-2005, 11:52 AM
Still, most of the time I get blinded it's from lifted trucks.
I have a truck that puts its lights right into the mirrors of people, and its barely lifted with just a leveling kit. So I make a point of being very conscience of the fact and turn my lights off at stop lights or drive thru's or similar conditions. Its nice to get the lip sync'd "thank you" from those that appreciate my actions.
And yup, sounds like dad put the headlight in wrong :rollside:even aftermarket lights can't be that screwed up :rolleyes: But I thank you for supporting dealers, we aren't all bad guys ya know :D :D

WaTchTheGelCoat
02-09-2005, 12:44 PM
:D www.bigdumbtrucks.com :D

Lacolaw
02-09-2005, 01:51 PM
I just couldnt leave it alone and I had to reply to this thread.
I am a Deputy Sheriff. I am assigned to a motorcyle and I write tickets. I dont write tickets because I like it or that it is enjoyable (There are some exceptons) I do it because that is what I am expected to do.
I like the benefits of riding a motorcycle (Extra pay, flexible work schedule, Get to take it home, Its fun, on so on). If I want to ride the motorcycle I have to write tickets.
Almost everyone I contact wants to get a warning. I completely understand that, unfortunately its not going to happen. A few will get a warning but the vast majority will get a citation.
The Cities/County/State want citations issued, not warnings. They want to see documentation that the laws are being enforced. Warnings generally do nothing. I dont know, but I bet its safe to say if he would have gotten a warning about the lift on his truck he would have done nothing to correct it.
I would agree that there are many petty laws that we have that are rarely enforced. There is a reason for them whether or not you agree with them.
Here is my take on warnings. I give fewer today than I did 5 year ago, and It will probably continue to decline. I have received complaints from people even after I let them go with a warning. Complaints that said I stopped and harrassed them for no reason. Its difficult to defend yourself when the question will be "If you observed and stopped them for a violation, then why didnt you issue a ticket".
Here is another aspect. I saw a case get dismissed in court for a gang member with a loaded gun. He was stopped for riding a bicycle at night with no headlamp. Ultimatley it lead to the recovery of a loaded gun. When it goes to court the attorney argues that the officer had no intent of writing a ticket for no headlamp and that he had never even written a ticket in his entire career for the violation. He was just using it as an excuse to stop his client and harass him. Case was dismissed.
Those petty little violations are great probable cause to stop and contact people. However, you must actually issue citations for the violations when that is all you have and not the Carjacker, Bank robber, or drug dealer. If you dont, you will lose credibility down the road when you are sitting in front of a jury and getting grilled by a slick defense lawyer.
One more example of a warning gone bad. Two teenage boys under the influence of alcohol at beach. They are both completely cooperative and had not driven away yet. The only violation is minor under the influence of alcohol.
They agree to have someone come and pick them up. The Officer (A friend of mine) gives them a ride to a restaurant 4 miles away where they plan to get something to eat and wait for their ride. He leaves them and they apparently change there minds. 4 hours later they are walking down the highway (After midnight) and attemp to cross. They are both hit and killed by the same car.
The officer is investigated and nearly gets fired for what the department said was not doing his job. He gets severe discilpline and a sure lawsuit from the boys families.

Essex502
02-09-2005, 01:57 PM
Great post Lacolaw.

Jrocket
02-09-2005, 02:03 PM
Great post Lacolaw.
Yes I agree.

Tom Brown
02-09-2005, 02:04 PM
We've all had bullshit tickets.
A couple of months ago, my boss and I were driving through a small town in Manitoba (he was driving) and were pulled over and cited for making a left turn at a light that had a no left turn sign. It was the worst blizzard of the year, we could barely see the light, and the sign was covered with wet snow.
I took a picture of the sign while the officer was writing the ticket. I tried to get the patrol car and our rental in the shot too.
He received a letter a few weeks later telling him that the violation was dismissed for some reason that wasn't clear. It was a small town that didn't have a court (about 175 people... just one traffic light) so he would have had to drive to Winnipeg twice... once to submit a request to contest the ticket (in person) and the second time to contest the ticket. That's a 5.5 hour drive, each way, twice.
That whole situation stikes me as a big pile of crap.
The thing is, I've been let off a few times over the years when I deserved a ticket. It has balanced out hugely in my favor.
The process should be pretty simple. If someone is in clear violation of the law, they deserve a ticket and should get one. Otherwise, you shouldn't know enforcement is there. I think, for the most part, this is how the system works. :cool:

Jrocket
02-09-2005, 02:06 PM
this guy has already stopped me a few times and it gets worse everytime he pulls me over.
Sounds like theres more to the story,explain this?

Havasu_Dreamin
02-09-2005, 03:24 PM
Great post Lacolaw.
I agree E502.

JetBoatRich
02-09-2005, 03:51 PM
It seems he has skipped this question :confused: several times :confused:

Ziggy
02-09-2005, 03:52 PM
Exactly what I have said 3 or 4 times already....
There's more to it...plenty would be my guess....but then his gripe wouldn't hold water anymore. ;)

LBZROCKS
02-10-2005, 09:52 PM
REAL COPS hide behind shields and look up to STARS.... hahahahahah!!!!!!!!
:crossx:

LBZROCKS
02-10-2005, 10:00 PM
Not that I'm a real big $hit talker..but I respect most chippies..they are ok.. I wouldnt want to do their job.. Real bad guys need to go to jail..and those cvc codes that are petty as hell... make a good excuse to jam up those people..and take them to jail..
As for cool..good..hard working people getting cited for stupid $hit.. I'm not down for that.. I've had my share of negative experiences with the cops...believe it or not.. they've mostly been in the OC... hmmmm..in cities where they dont have $hit to do.. so guess what.... they act like a$$holes.. so I have no love for those guys who have an attitude.. F#%K em.. Taking murderers, rapists, child molesters, and gun toting robbers, gangsters and drug dealers is more my style..

LBZROCKS
02-10-2005, 10:02 PM
Precisely what I'm talking about.. always fu#@'in with LASO..whats up with dat killr?????????????
Another CHP fact
There were 4 chippies killed in a shoot out in the early seventies in Valencia.
The LASO was the lead investigating agency. The dets from the LASO were returning from the shooting scene in their plain police vehicle. They were stopped by a chippie officer, who stated that he stopped them for not having plates on their vehicle. They stated we are LASO dets, we are investigating the shoot out involving the chippies. We are on our way back to the station to interview the shooter, So the chippie cited them for not having plates on their police vehicle and sent them on their way,
YEP THIS IS A TRUE STORY.....A sad one but true....

Lake Ape
02-18-2005, 05:21 PM
Just Another Day on the Job! (http://www.lamermelculo.com/video.php?id=777)

Jrocket
02-24-2005, 01:21 PM
Hey Schlepy...you in jail?

SHOTKALLIN
02-24-2005, 04:39 PM
Their primary responsibility is to ENFORCE vehicle code violations on State Highways and County roads. Their other collateral duties include homeland security and assisting allied agencies when needed. Local Police and Sheriff's departments are concerned with crime, not traffic. So, if you drove by a POLICE car, looked down and he gave you the thumbs up, its because he is not concerned with your vehicle code violation, because that is NOT his primary responsibilty when there are Murders, Rapes, Robberies, and shootings going on within his city.
Press Hard....Three Copies. :skull:

Kilrtoy
02-24-2005, 05:58 PM
IN2MX is one of those guys that is gonna learn the HARD WAY........

SHOTKALLIN
02-24-2005, 06:05 PM
schlepy, You seem to have ALOT of attitude in your posts. You give me the impression that you may talk yourself into tickets. Even if your mouth is shut durring the stop I bet that your body language or expressions let the chp know that you deserve to be written for every violation he can find. I'm curious to know how old you are because some of your posts are rather juvenile.
When you built your truck, you went EXTREME on purpose to get some attention. You might as well have painted a sign on it that says "LOOK AT ME!!! I HAVE A BITCHEN TRUCK!!!" Now that you have too much attention, you want to complain about it. I don't understand??? You knew that the truck would be a CHP magnet. So make it legal and it will still be a bitchen ass truck. If you built it for show then flat bed it to the shows and quit drivin it.
It's the job of the CHP to write all those so-called chicken shit sites. Thats what they do. They don't chase bank robbers, they enforce the Ca vehicle code like its the bible. Have you ever thought abought how many people have had to replace windshields due to a rock that big ass tires have kicked up? I've replaced 3 myself over the years. Have you ever thought about the family that has to breathe your exhaust fumes at the red light because your muffler is the same height as thier window? Or how about the family in a small car that gets creamed by your truck in a t/c.
I think there is a slight chance that you still might be able to pull chicks in your truck if you make it legal. But then again MAYBE NOT.
Just fix your truck and quit whining. Or since you have money to burn pay the damn tickets and leave the truck the way it is.
Just my .02

SHOTKALLIN
02-24-2005, 06:09 PM
...what he said, it works ! But it's so much easier/safer to just get a friend in LE to write it off for ya...it'll only cost ya a beer or two !
No cops want to be friends with this clown. Thats why he offers them 40% off and he still cant find one to be friends with.