PDA

View Full Version : Lake Nacimiento

Waist Deep
02-08-2005, 05:40 PM
Is this place booming? I've got a buddy whos selling here to move there to do handyman stuff etc./ Hes got a school dist. job and his wife has a gov job. Kinda sounds lame to give up the bennys.

77charger
02-08-2005, 05:43 PM
its a nice area IMO.If i had the money and a job there i would move there.

LUVNLIFE
02-08-2005, 05:46 PM
We have friends that live there. It's a cool place. :cool:

Waist Deep
02-08-2005, 05:49 PM
Alright, selling their house here for 545 and buying one there for 400. Would you give up 2 gov. jobs to move there on the hopes of making a house payment being a handyman? Is there that much business there?

LUVNLIFE
02-08-2005, 05:56 PM
I could do alright selling my house and buying there but I would have to have the same job with the same pay and bennys. Like I always say Toys still cost the same everywhere and I like toys. You are right though about giving up the gov jobs.

redneckgirl
02-08-2005, 06:00 PM
It all depends on what you are looking for!!!! No traffic nightmares, and a laid back area!!!! Lots of state jobs... CA Mens Colony, Atascadero State Hospital, Cal Poly State University, Cuesta College, Diablo Canyon, Duke Energy,etc... If you are into those type of jobs!!! All within a 30 min drive and little traffic...
My husband is in construction and I work for a Ag engineering company... 30 minutes to the lake from our house...Sounds like hevean to me!!!!! :jawdrop: :D
RNG

Waist Deep
02-08-2005, 06:08 PM
These are great friends and I just think they are moving to be on the lake to play. The problem is that now theyll be paying to insure their own kid. The gut wont drive outside of the lake area to work, and this I feel is the problem.

LUVNLIFE
02-08-2005, 06:12 PM
It's called don't let playing get in the way of responsibility.

boatslayer
02-08-2005, 07:23 PM
naci rules

steelcomp
02-08-2005, 07:31 PM
We have friends that live there. It's a cool place. :cool:
Actually, it's not cool...it's hotter than a baker's apron in the summer. Paso is goin off, though. If you're in the construction trades, or want to invest in property, you better move fast! It's definately the place to be. :D

Liquid Courage
02-09-2005, 10:52 AM
I'd definately say vacation destination only (vacation house). It is hotter than a mo fo in the summer and stand by when the lake goes empty. It has before and it will again. My buddy that has a house in Oak shores tells me he used to ride his dirt bike in the lake bed when he was a kid. That could make your property levels drop!!

boat030
02-09-2005, 11:34 AM
the only property value that is affected by the lake level is property right on the lake and even that has been going up when the water has been down lately because of the price increases in town. I think two things that haven't been mentioned is the low amount of crime and no smog

dimarcobros
02-09-2005, 11:59 AM
I have a good friend that is building homes in Paso Robles which is pretty close to Naci. He is pretty busy and has plenty of work lines up.
DMB

LUVNLIFE
02-09-2005, 03:02 PM
I'd definately say vacation destination only (vacation house). It is hotter than a mo fo in the summer and stand by when the lake goes empty. It has before and it will again. My buddy that has a house in Oak shores tells me he used to ride his dirt bike in the lake bed when he was a kid. That could make your property levels drop!!
My buddy that has a place at Heritage has told me stories of riding dirt bikes in the bottm of LasTablas also. His place has seriously quadrupled in price. ;)

Waist Deep
02-09-2005, 04:27 PM
I guess my point was , why give up two government jobs to try to start a construction career. Nothing established to this point. The house for 390, shoot you cant even stand up in the bedrooms on the 2nd floor because of the pitched roof. Oh, this is where all the bedrooms are. Most importantly, they cant get the boat up the driveway because of the pitch.