PDA

View Full Version : Help if you can, please :)

bunny 166
02-09-2005, 09:44 AM
Hi all--I am going to be in a jam soon. I am going to lose my practice facility for my dance team as of June. I have a team of 30 girls that I teach; we practice once, maybe twice a week, at 5:00. I am hoping someone owns a building in south OC (foothill ranch would be great! :) ) that would sub-lease me some space for dirt cheap??? :D My schedule right now is practice Thursdays from 5:00 to 6:30pm. The photo shows my space now, a HUGE gym inside our local church. It is awesome, but if no one on my team attends the church, I cannot continue to practice there. I do not need nearly that much room, just an indoor space with restroom facilities. I hate to ask, but space in Foothill Ranch is so expensive, and I don't charge much tuition in order to keep the program affordable for everyone. Right now, I can use the church for free, which has been wonderful for 4 years, but my time is running out. This is my main source of income, and it pays for our toys! :D I must say eventually I would like to have multiple teams and practice more often, but for now this is where I am. I work during the school year (Sept. thru June), and take the summer off, but if I could hold summer day classes, maybe I would. Thank you guys for reading this--let me know if anyone can help in the Foothill Ranch, RSM, Lake Forest area..... :wink: Cindyhttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2066IMG_0486.JPG

Rev. Williams
02-09-2005, 10:03 AM
I wish I could help..... That's great what you're doing for those kids... :D :D
No chance of getting the kids to hit the church every now and then?? Sounds like it may be worth it to keep such a nice place.

bunny 166
02-09-2005, 10:14 AM
Thanks, Rev. I have gone to Christmas services there; it's a nice church. I'm hoping the pastor sees what a nice thing he is doing for the community of Foothill Ranch and will continue to let us practice there..... :(

Red Eye
02-09-2005, 10:16 AM
Since they aren't charging you anything and you're willing to pay somebody else to lease, have you thought about donating a little something to the church? Maybe that could help???

bunny 166
02-09-2005, 10:22 AM
Since they aren't charging you anything and you're willing to pay somebody else to lease, have you thought about donating a little something to the church? Maybe that could help???
:) Sure have.....I am hoping a meeting with the Pastor will work, but I am also hoping to expand. I would love to have a pee wee team and a mini mascot team, and I know the church would only give me so much practice time....I guess my ultimate goal is to have a space of my own in order to have more teams. I haven't yet put that plan into action, so if I keep just one team for next season, I would love to stay at the church... :p Does any of that make sense????? :rolleyes: Sounding kinda blond over here... :hammerhea :)

Red Eye
02-09-2005, 10:31 AM
:) Sure have.....I am hoping a meeting with the Pastor will work, but I am also hoping to expand. I would love to have a pee wee team and a mini mascot team, and I know the church would only give me so much practice time....I guess my ultimate goal is to have a space of my own in order to have more teams. I haven't yet put that plan into action, so if I keep just one team for next season, I would love to stay at the church... :p Does any of that make sense????? :rolleyes: Sounding kinda blond over here... :hammerhea :)
No...it makes perfect sense (I must have blonde in me somewhere) :p Well...good luck and I hope you find what you want.

HOOTER SLED-
02-09-2005, 10:32 AM
Cindy,
Check out you're local city Parks & Rec. facilities. You may be able to rent it out for cheap. Some cities even have nice set-ups already. I worked for the City of Torrance Parks & Rec. for many years. For example, they had nice dance type rooms at their "Art Center". I know Torrance is too far, but alot of cities have these types of resources. If anything, maybe you can hook up with a part-time gig as an instructor locally. The city was always looking for private instructors to contract for classes. I'm sure it's the same in other areas. Hope this helps. Good luck.

phebus
02-09-2005, 10:42 AM
Cindy, there is a church in a commercial building right next door to the fire station I work at in Rancho Santa Margarita. It is called Hope Church, and I know they let organizations use their facilities for different functions (weight watchers meetings, community meetings, etc.), so you may want to approach them. Toll road close.
Worth a shot,they are great people that also run youth camps, so maybe this could be incorporated right in.
Rick
Man, the pain killers they have me on for my back sure don't let the brain waves make it to the fingers to type. Thank god for the edit function

SCUBA STEVE
02-09-2005, 10:59 AM
Cindy, sorry we can't help, and hope you find a solution soon. But why are there no males in your dance team? I think it should be co-ed. ;) (hope you got a laugh out of that) :D

bunny 166
02-09-2005, 11:06 AM
Cindy, sorry we can't help, and hope you find a solution soon. But why are there no males in your dance team? I think it should be co-ed. ;) (hope you got a laugh out of that) :D
Yeah, Darrin keeps asking when I'm gonna start coaching the 18 year olds....................perv :devil: :D

SCUBA STEVE
02-09-2005, 12:00 PM
Yeah, Darrin keeps asking when I'm gonna start coaching the 18 year olds....................perv :devil: :D
18 is legal. But then tell him your daughter will be 18 soon. :D

Tom Brown
02-09-2005, 12:23 PM
I have a team of 30 girls that I teach
Let's schedule in a Latin lesson for the next time I'm down there.

Nubbs
02-09-2005, 12:27 PM
What if you were to join the church and attend regularly? :idea: :idea:

mickeyfinn
02-09-2005, 01:32 PM
Meet with the Pastor. Show him your avatar and offer to give him your USC hat. :D :devil:

bunny 166
02-09-2005, 01:44 PM
What if you were to join the church and attend regularly? :idea: :idea:
Is it terrible to say I'm kind of a Christmas and Easter kind of church-goer? :redface: I really do spend soooooo much time at the river :D

bunny 166
02-09-2005, 01:45 PM
Meet with the Pastor. Show him your avatar and offer to give him your USC hat. :D :devil:
That would go over like a fart....... you know the saying! ;)

Tom Brown
02-09-2005, 02:16 PM
I take it there will be no mambo lesson the next time I'm in your area? :D :D :D

bunny 166
02-09-2005, 02:19 PM
I take it there will be no mambo lesson the next time I'm in your area? :D :D :D
Just a one-on-one salsa, mambo, whatever you wish, Mr. Tom Brown. No elementary school girls present! :D

Tom Brown
02-09-2005, 02:22 PM
I likes da Mambo. :cool:
I'm still trying to figure out salsa, though.
No elementary school girls present! :D
:(
A friend of mine owns a studio and she makes a lot of money teaching group ballroom/latin/swing classes. Have you thought of opening your own studio?

bunny 166
02-09-2005, 02:28 PM
I likes da Mambo. :cool:
:(
A friend of mine owns a studio and she makes a lot of money teaching group ballroom/latin/swing classes. Have you thought of opening your own studio?
I have. I like working with elementary age girls who are just getting started dancing and performing. I like to take them to competitions and let them see what it's like to perform in front of an audience and win trophies. It's kind of a starter program for most of my girls. I would love to have a mini mascot team (ages 3-6); they can do no wrong, you know?? I need a facility, though, so I posted hoping for a south OC Knight in Shining Armour..... :D

Tom Brown
02-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Hey... here's something I've been wondering about...
Is west coast swing more popular there, on the west coast, than it is everywhere else? It seems to have really caught on in other parts of the world.
... like here, for example.

phebus
02-09-2005, 02:58 PM
Just let some young boys in the group, and approach the Cathloic church about letting you hold your classes there. :D

Up 4 River
02-09-2005, 03:19 PM
I know my sisters Spirit leaders team practiced at Rancho Santa Margarita high school, but that was on the weekends. It will be tough for that time of night on a Thursday to get a school to help out. Try contacting the OCC, CSUF or CSULB dance team coaches through the schools and explain your situation to them. They know pretty much all the locations that will and will not rent out space for practices in ther OC area. You may even try to call OCEA in Los Alimitos and ask them if they know spaces in south county that rent space out.