PDA

View Full Version : Best Gelcoat repair in So Ca.?????????

Jrocket
04-21-2006, 01:13 PM
I need a GOOD and I mean GOOD,not ok or so so but GOOD gelcoat repair shop in So Ca area.If I have to take it farther than the So Ca area I will but I want the best shop period.

UnionJack
04-21-2006, 01:23 PM
Pat's fiberglass, in Upland, CA

Schiada76
04-21-2006, 01:29 PM
Just had mine done at TRG. VERY happy with the service and quality.
In Montclair: 626-991-9031

Jrocket
04-21-2006, 01:36 PM
No thanks,he's the reason I NOW need a gelcoat repair guy.

Jrocket
04-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the number.

SurfOnH20
04-21-2006, 01:38 PM
Crystaliner in Costa Mesa. Exlt color matching on a 10 year gel coat repair (blue). My buddy drove the front of the boat under a dock which = a lot of gel coat damage. Also, they did a complete wet sand on my gel coat. Boat looks brand new now. Ask for Larry. He is very up front and honest about what he can and cannot do. He does a lot of work for the county and city life guards boats in the area. Good luck !!
Pat

Quality Time
04-21-2006, 02:04 PM
Crystaliner in Costa Mesa. Exlt color matching on a 10 year gel coat repair (blue). My buddy drove the front of the boat under a dock which = a lot of gel coat damage. Also, they did a complete wet sand on my gel coat. Boat looks brand new now. Ask for Larry. He is very up front and honest about what he can and cannot do. He does a lot of work for the county and city life guards boats in the area. Good luck !!
Pat
Where are they and do you have a number?

xs ultra
04-21-2006, 02:18 PM
I guy that works for ultra in san diego has his act together.The dude is great.The best in my books. Really good at two color blends.I'm still blown away on the job he did on my boat. I can not tell were the bad spot was. That good..
I'm not saying ultra is the good .I'm saying the guy in the shop knows what's going on .

Hermosa
04-21-2006, 03:00 PM
I guy that works for ultra in san diego has his act together.The dude is great.The best in my books. Really good at two color blends.I'm still blown away on the job he did on my boat. I can not tell were the bad spot was. That good..
I'm not saying ultra is the good .I'm saying the guy in the shop knows what's going on .
Didn't quite understand you post, are you saying you know someone who does gel repair? If that's the case, a name / number would help when you post. Where is he located? Thx.

H20 Toie
04-21-2006, 03:09 PM
I would check with abstract fiberglass in reseda 818 342 4814 they have been around for years and the work i have seen on boats is really impressive. they also did the paint on my truck even though they specialize in boats. the owners name is jason

SurfOnH20
04-21-2006, 03:11 PM
Crystaliner Corporation
1626 Placentia Ave
Costa Mesa, Ca 92627
949-548-5623 Larry
Quality,
These guys are not some small mom and pop shop. They run a first class business and when you see their facilities it's a reflection of that. They are also a major fiberglass supplier for SoCal. They do tend to get busy and can have a couple weeks lead time. Give Larry a call and tell him what you got. He can give you an idea if its a job he can do. I am pretty picky when it comes to the final product. He did tell me the gel coat color match on my boat would be difficult because of the fading, etc but he pulled it off. Good luck !

Not So Fast
04-21-2006, 03:25 PM
No thanks,he's the reason I NOW need a gelcoat repair guy.
Classic, one guys hero is another guys goat. Take it all with a grain of salt especially on HB :rolleyes: NSF

Jrocket
04-21-2006, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the numbers,I have called one place so far and will see how it goes.

Jrocket
04-21-2006, 03:29 PM
Classic, one guys hero is another guys goat. Take it all with a grain of salt especially on HB :rolleyes: NSF
I think everyone comes acrossed this type of thing one point in time,but I have the proof to show what happened.

a catered life
04-21-2006, 03:38 PM
i have to agree with you here pat is dam good and fairly priced :p

HefeRaton
04-21-2006, 04:06 PM
Just had my gel coat repaired at G&S Marine in Corona. They did real nice work especially on color matching. They charge by the hour.

superdave013
04-21-2006, 04:09 PM
Todd's the man! Great work and all around cool guy.
He's Toddnjuzz on this site.

OCMerrill
04-21-2006, 05:40 PM
Just had my gel coat repaired at G&S Marine in Corona. They did real nice work especially on color matching. They charge by the hour.
I have not used G&S but my father fliped his newly re-gelled daycrusier off the trailer on hwy 40 a couple years back (trailer spindle broke). They worked a miricle on that boat. Blended all the fades and all. Looks sweet and still does after a little time has passed.
Drawback - he never turns down work so it can drag a little.

77charger
04-21-2006, 05:56 PM
i have seen todds work it is very good.

MACHINEHEAD
04-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Ive seen almost every repair/re-gel out of TRG (Im next door) Incredible!
Get in there soon, hes gettin busy. Ive used others, either too much, too
flakey, or too slow. Todds the man!

Jrocket
04-21-2006, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the help everyone,Todd seems to be getting alot of good remarks.

Quality Time
04-21-2006, 09:01 PM
Crystaliner Corporation
1626 Placentia Ave
Costa Mesa, Ca 92627
949-548-5623 Larry
Quality,
These guys are not some small mom and pop shop. They run a first class business and when you see their facilities it's a reflection of that. They are also a major fiberglass supplier for SoCal. They do tend to get busy and can have a couple weeks lead time. Give Larry a call and tell him what you got. He can give you an idea if its a job he can do. I am pretty picky when it comes to the final product. He did tell me the gel coat color match on my boat would be difficult because of the fading, etc but he pulled it off. Good luck !
Thanks Surf. I have a stain from who know what in the gel on my platform in the non-skid that I want to have recolored. I'll give them a call and see if they are interested.

BIGAMIST
04-22-2006, 06:43 AM
TRG :)

Schiada76
04-22-2006, 08:28 AM
Todd's the man! Great work and all around cool guy.
He's Toddnjuzz on this site.
He is a great guy, he even serves free beer! :D
He was shit talking the guy that provided all the AN fittings and lines on his boat while we were knockin back a beer in his garage. :argue:
JK!!!!! :D
I think he ruptured one of my ear drums when he fired up his motor in the garage though. :D