PDA

View Full Version : work out guru's

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 11:38 AM
I am starting a workout. I need to know how to lose weight and tone .. I don't want to build.. I have a problem of getting muscle because of body structure I assume. any help is greatly appritiated. ;)

HCS
02-10-2005, 11:40 AM
I am starting a workout. I need to know how to lose weight and tone .. I don't want to build.. I have a problem of getting muscle because of body structure I assume. any help is greatly appritiated. ;)
I have a Nordictrack. Burn baby burn. Or pick up a good tread mill.

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 11:41 AM
I have a Nortitrack. Burn baby burn. Or pick up a good tread mill.
thank you.. I do have a tredmill and a stairstepper.. so I am good on the lower half.. now it's the top half I need to figure out. :D

Jbb
02-10-2005, 11:43 AM
Hot sex>lather>rinse>repeat.. :wink:

FRENCHIE
02-10-2005, 11:43 AM
HMMMMM!!!!!!!!!
:idea: id ask that guy....'RiverDave' i bet he would know!!! :rolleyes: :p
sorry me personally cant help ya there!!! ;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 11:44 AM
Hot sex>lather>rinse>repeat.. :wink:
LOL!! have been doing that alot.. works the stomach real good.. :devil: :smile:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 11:45 AM
I am no guru unless it comes to drinking but I do know a little about your question.
You want to lift light wieghts for many reps. Many women want to "feel" like they are working out and tend to lift too much wieght and that causes them to gain muscle.
Forensic
you are right there.. I have a problem lifting too much in my legs from training for softball. so it ends up in too much muscle.. :wink:

Tom Brown
02-10-2005, 11:46 AM
I would encourage you to join a gym and get some coaching. They will have some aerobic upper body training programs for you to try out. I think they key to exercise is to change what you do on a fairly frequent basis. Cross training will help you become fit in a more thorough fashion and, more importantly, will help to keep you from getting bored.

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 11:48 AM
I would encourage you to join a gym and get some coaching. They will have some aerobic upper body training programs for you to try out. I think they key to exercise is to change what you do on a fairly frequent basis. Cross training will help you become more fit in a more thorough fashion and, more importantly, will help to keep you from getting bored.
thank you Tom.. that is alot of help.. :wink:
I didn't like the gym we went to a while back. Thats why I only went once.. it was more of a meat market and I've already been bought.. LOL!! I will look into another one though. thanks. :wink:

NOTALENT
if ur training @ home do TAE BO!! Do u have a pass?? if not what do u have at home to work with???

RP1
Mrs. V... you should do high reps with light weights or resistance training and a lot of cardio. The cardio will take care of the weight loss and the strength tarining will keep you tone at the same time. You need to concentrate on both to get the overall benefits.
Not sure how you can look much better, but I'm sure you'll see results in no time. ;)
Oh, don't forget to watch your diet as well.

HCS
02-10-2005, 11:49 AM
I lost 20 lbs on one of these. Nordictrack (http://www.nordictrack.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/ntv5/index.d2w/report?oref=&GCID=S14083x002&KEYWORD=nordic%20track)
Upper body stengthening use light weight dumbells to start with. Do lots of reps so you burn calories.

RiverDave
02-10-2005, 11:49 AM
HMMMMM!!!!!!!!!
:idea: id ask that guy....'RiverDave' i bet he would know!!! :rolleyes: :p
For some reason it doesn't seem so gay when a chick posts the thread.
RD :D

HCS
02-10-2005, 11:50 AM
thank you.. I do have a tredmill and a stairstepper.. so I am good on the lower half.. now it's the top half I need to figure out. :D
I thought your top half was already figured out. :idea:

Jbb
02-10-2005, 11:51 AM
For some reason it doesn't seem so gay when a chick posts the thread..
RD SUX....But I have to agree with him here..... :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 11:51 AM
if ur training @ home do TAE BO!! Do u have a pass?? if not what do u have at home to work with???
I have a full gym here at home.. so that's no problem. but I need to know what the weight is I should stick to ..low or high..

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Mrs. V... you should do high reps with light weights or resistance training and a lot of cardio. The cardio will take care of the weight loss and the strength tarining will keep you tone at the same time. You need to concentrate on both to get the overall benefits.
Not sure how you can look much better, but I'm sure you'll see results in no time. ;)
Oh, don't forget to watch your diet as well.
thank you for the info.. it does help alot.. and thank you very much for the compliment.. :p ( mrs v is blushing) LOL!!

mirvin
02-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Here's something to think about....and I've been sort of argueing about this with my wife for years....
When you get to the point where you honestly feel your muscles are too big that's when you worry about having too much muscle :wink:
Until then, strength training is the best way to burn all over fat. Simply by toning your muscles and building muscle mass you will naturally burn more fat and you will burn the fat next to the muscle. It's hard though because when you build muscle, it will appear that you've gotten fatter because the muscle will expand under the fat. Just keep at it and over time the muscle will replace the fat and you'll be trim, tone, and happy.
Cardio is great too but should be done in addition to strength training. And yes, more reps less weight but make sure you're actually putting enough stress on the muscle to be sore the next day.
mirvin:)

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 11:53 AM
For some reason it doesn't seem so gay when a chick posts the thread.
well if I was gay.. it would turn you on.. LOL!! love ya sweetie. :wink:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 11:54 AM
I thought your top half was already figured out. :idea:
it is.. but I need my arms and back.. LOL!! :D

Red Eye
Don't forget to show us the end results.

RiverDave
well if I was gay.. it would turn you on.. LOL!! love ya sweetie. :wink:
Mrs Vee, from the very first time I saw you back up a trailer you turned me on like a switch.. LOL :D
RD

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 11:55 AM
Here's something to think about....and I've been sort of argueing about this with my wife for years....
When you get to the point where you honestly feel your muscles are too big that's when you worry about having too much muscle :wink:
Until then, strength training is the best way to burn all over fat. Simply by toning your muscles and building muscle mass you will naturally burn more fat and you will burn the fat next to the muscle. It's hard though because when you build muscle, it will appear that you've gotten fatter because the muscle will expand under the fat. Just keep at it and over time the muscle will replace the fat and you'll be trim, tone, and happy.
Cardio is great too but should be done in addition to strength training. And yes, more reps less weight but make sure you're actually putting enough stress on the muscle to be sore the next day.
very cool thank you.. :wink:

Tom Brown
02-10-2005, 11:55 AM
...I need to know what the weight is I should stick to ..low or high..
Low weight... lots of reps. Put on some music and dance yourself into shape. :cool:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 11:56 AM
Mrs Vee, from the very first time I saw you back up a trailer you turned me on like a switch.. LOL :D
RD
LMAO!! thank you.. it is kind of tricky from your front door.. :D

Aqua Boogie1
02-10-2005, 11:56 AM
A good way to get a good workout, upper body, is to use a workout band. Alot of pro ball players use them when they are just gettin back from an injury. You can find them at big 5 or any place like that. Its basically a big rubber band with handles. You stand on it in the center, grab the handles and workout. You can do curls, shoulder reps, just about anything for the upper body and not expensive. Build muscle, but not to the extreme. :cool:
Doug

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 11:57 AM
Low weight... lots of reps. Put on some music and dance yourself into shape. :cool:
I will do that.. I will take a before pic.. then post and after.. :)

Tom Brown
02-10-2005, 11:57 AM
Hey smart ass... :D
How frequently can you work out deltoids? I beat the crap out of mine but they are never sore for long like a tricep would be after a hard workout. That makes me wonder if I can work them out more frequently.

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 11:58 AM
A good way to get a good workout, upper body, is to use a workout band. Alot of pro ball players use them when they are just gettin back from an injury. You can find them at big 5 or any place like that. Its basically a big rubber band with handles. You stand on it in the center, grab the handles and workout. You can do curls, shoulder reps, just about anything for the upper body and not expensive. Build muscle, but not to the extreme. :cool:
Doug
thank you.. I was actually going to get one of those today too.. so I guess I am now.. :p

HCS
02-10-2005, 11:58 AM
You have to jack off real hard.

Her454
02-10-2005, 11:59 AM
you are right there.. I have a problem lifting too much in my legs from training for softball. so it ends up in too much muscle.. :wink:
what position do you play MrsV?

Aqua Boogie1
thank you.. I was actually going to get one of those today too.. so I guess I am now.. :p
They work good................need more tension, spead your legs. No pun intended... :devil:

Tom Brown
I will do that.. I will take a before pic.. then post and after.. :)
Lifting weights can be cardio exercise if you keep the weight down and the speed up. Keep your heart rate above 115 and you won't build a bunch of mass. :)
If you watch the guys who are trying to build mass, they try not to work up a sweat... they do a few reps with as much weight as they can possibly handle and then they rest for a few minutes.

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 12:00 PM
what position do you play MrsV?
I play shortstop, pitcher, and 1st base.. and alot of horizontal.. LOL!! :devil: :smile:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Lifting weights can be cardio exercise if you keep the weight down and the speed up. Keep your heart rate above 115 and you won't build a bunch of mass. :)
If you watch the guys who are trying to build mass, they try not to work up a sweat... they do a few reps with as much weight as they can possibly handle and then they rest for a few minutes.
thank you sweetie.. :p

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 12:01 PM
They work good................need more tension, spead your legs. No pun intended... :devil:
LOL!! yeah! sure.. J/K .. thank you for the info.. :)

Her454
02-10-2005, 12:02 PM
I play shortstop, pitcher, and 1st base.. and alot of horizontal.. LOL!! :devil: :smile:
Its scary what we have in common.....I got a softball scholarship and pitched and played 1st.

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Its scary what we have in common.....I got a softball scholarship and pitched and played 1st.
I told you we have to be related some how.. LOL!! I love fast pitch.. but I am trying to get on a team right now.. only thing is it is slow pitch. :smile:

Mandelon
02-10-2005, 12:03 PM
I know what position i want her to play. :devil:

Jbb
02-10-2005, 12:05 PM
Hey smart ass... :D
How frequently can you work out deltoids? I beat the crap out of mine but they are never sore for long like a tricep would be after a hard workout. That makes me wonder if I can work them out more frequently.
Spankin the old Canadian monkey dont count ...Brown... :rollside:

schlepy
02-10-2005, 12:06 PM
i have some good workout ideas, but i need to see some pictures of your upper half to give you an accurate evaluation.. :p

NOTALENT
02-10-2005, 12:06 PM
I have a full gym here at home.. so that's no problem. but I need to know what the weight is I should stick to ..low or high..
Stay low weight and do alot of reps..It will get u toned and ripped..if u want to add a little more size and add strength the up the weight alittle bit. What are u trying to improve I can give some exercises..

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 12:07 PM
i have some good workout ideas, but i need to see some pictures of your upper half to give you an accurate evaluation.. :p
LOL!! does the avatar help.. :)

Her454
02-10-2005, 12:08 PM
I told you we have to be related some how.. LOL!! I love fast pitch.. but I am trying to get on a team right now.. only thing is it is slow pitch. :smile:
LOL must be! I played fast pitch mostly but I cant play anymore. My arm just doesnt co-operate! :(.....I miss it - I loved playing.

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 12:09 PM
Stay low weight and do alot of reps..It will get u toned and ripped..if u want to add a little more size and add strength the up the weight alittle bit. What are u trying to improve I can give some exercises..
well as everyone knows I am in my 30's.. and gravity is very bad.. LOL!!
I need help with toning the backside of my arms.. and the inner and outter thighs... :)

Tom Brown
Spankin the old Canadian monkey dont count ...Brown... :rollside:
I need to build up my left deltoids. For some reason, they are much smaller than my right ones.
OK smartass... any opinions on my actual question?... other than "RD SUX". :D

schlepy
I need some close up's.. i guess your trying to work off the beer boobs?????.. lol

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 12:10 PM
LOL must be! I played fast pitch mostly but I cant play anymore. My arm just doesnt co-operate! :(.....I miss it - I loved playing.
we should get a ***boat RRL game going.. just for fun.. or we can play with jello shots.. everytime you get to a base you need to take a shot.. :cool: :smile:

NOTALENT
02-10-2005, 12:10 PM
Depending on what style ur lifting..but the guys were training with for mass and strength we do heavy weight to failure..We love to work up a sweat..lifting that much weight u cant help but to...as for the rest we get 1 min rest in between...I finally hit my goal by lifting the 100lb dumbells on a flat bench...yay!!lol

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 12:11 PM
I need some close up's.. i guess your trying to work off the beer boobs?????.. lol
LOL!! yeah they are jugs.. LOL!! :p

Jbb
02-10-2005, 12:11 PM
I need to build up my left deltoids. For some reason, they are much smaller than my right ones.
OK smartass... any opinions on my actual question?... other than "RD SUX". :D
Yes.....while um...staring at Topless' image .....and doing your thing....use the old cross hand shift....careful though....if your timing is off...you could break something...Remember when RD broke his wrist? :cool:

Tom Brown
02-10-2005, 12:12 PM
How do you deal with these assholes, Mrs. Flyin Vee? :confused:
When someone asks a serious question all they do is mock and joke around. :mad:

Her454
02-10-2005, 12:12 PM
we should get a ***boat RRL game going.. just for fun.. or we can play with jello shots.. everytime you get to a base you need to take a shot.. :cool: :smile:
I WOULD LOVE TO DO THAT! I havent tried to play since the last surgery, maybe I could get one good game out of my arm....... if not I could get drunk, I hear thats fun too? :rollside:
30's hu? YOU GO GIRL. :boxed:

Tom Brown
02-10-2005, 12:13 PM
Remember when RD broke his wrist? :cool:
You mean he was wanking to Topless' picture when that happened?
Shit... I bought that 11 year old story. :(

Jbb
02-10-2005, 12:13 PM
Bastards....btw Tom ...Who's bathwater would you drink?... :rollside:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 12:14 PM
you have tought me alot Tom and I try not to get upset anymore.. Like you have said. Life is too short and it is not worth it.. :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 12:15 PM
I WOULD LOVE TO DO THAT! I havent tried to play since the last surgery, maybe I could get one good game out of my arm....... if not I could get drunk, I hear thats fun too? :rollside:
30's hu? YOU GO GIRL. :boxed:
we should try to get one going.. Maybe if you can't play you can hand out the jello shots.. and be the umpire with those little tiny shorts.. :devil: :smile:

Tom Brown
02-10-2005, 12:16 PM
These people make me so mad sometimes. :mad: :mad: :mad:

NOTALENT
02-10-2005, 12:17 PM
well as everyone knows I am in my 30's.. and gravity is very bad.. LOL!!
I need help with toning the backside of my arms.. and the inner and outter thighs... :)
We have all seen the pics..not much needs to be done.. :p but if ur trying to workout ur triceps then..do some light weight kick backs with one knee on ur bench, do some skull crushers, also grab a dumbell with two hands under the plate curl it behind ur head (I love this)...hehe..and if u have a lat machine u can do some cable pull downs, use the rope and straight bar, aslo if u have the single handle do some reverse curls..I can get u some descriptions and pics if needed..

Her454
02-10-2005, 12:17 PM
we should try to get one going.. Maybe if you can't play you can hand out the jello shots.. and be the umpire with those little tiny shorts.. :devil: :smile:
I NEVER hand OUT Jello shots, are you crazy? :cry: :) Umpire it is....

SCUBA STEVE
02-10-2005, 12:18 PM
Very well said Mirvin. Monique always says she only wants lose weight in certian areas and that she will stop working out if she gets huge traps. lol :D
I always tell her you can not lose weight by just concetrating on one area. You have to work out your entire body to get results.
Mrs Vee, I would suggest circuit training with weights, along with cardio and dieting.
Circuit training is when you train multiple body parts with no rest. Since you are not resting it's like a cardio program with resistance, and you don't use heavy weights.
I would start off with 1/2 hour of good cardio, then 15-20 minutes of circuit trainning, then hit your abs.
Some people always forget to sleep while they are training. The more you work out, the more you need to sleep to allow your body to recover.
You can try a whole bunch of things, with your training and diet, but every ones body is different, you just have to find what works for you. Right now the Billet Roids I got from RD are starting to kick in. :jawdrop: :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 12:19 PM
These people make me so mad sometimes. :mad: :mad: :mad:
I know.. take a deep breath sweetie.. think happy thoughts.. :p

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 12:21 PM
We have all seen the pics..not much needs to be done.. :p but if ur trying to workout ur triceps then..do some light weight kick backs with one knee on ur bench, do some skull crushers, also grab a dumbell with two hands under the plate curl it behind ur head (I love this)...hehe..and if u have a lat machine u can do some cable pull downs, use the rope and straight bar, aslo if u have the single handle do some reverse curls..I can get u some descriptions and pics if needed..
thank you.. and thank you for the compliment.. I just gain some weight in the winter.. and it never seems to want to come off.. it the age I guess.. so now it is time to help it out.. :)

Tom Brown
02-10-2005, 12:22 PM
You are way too nice, Mrs. Vee. :cool:
I think I'll take a time-out. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 12:22 PM
Very well said Mirvin. Monique always says she only wants lose weight in certian areas and that she will stop working out if she gets huge traps. lol :D
I always tell her you can not lose weight by just concetrating on one area. You have to work out your entire body to get results.
Mrs Vee, I would suggest circuit training with weights, along with cardio and dieting.
Circuit training is when you train multiple body parts with no rest. Since you are not resting it's like a cardio program with resistance, and you don't use heavy weights.
I would start off with 1/2 hour of good cardio, then 15-20 minutes of circuit trainning, then hit your abs.
Some people always forget to sleep while they are training. The more you work out, the more you need to sleep to allow your body to recover.
You can try a whole bunch of things, with your training and diet, but every ones body is different, you just have to find what works for you. Right now the Billet Roids I got from RD are starting to kick in. :jawdrop: :D
thank you Steve.. :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 12:24 PM
You are way too nice, Mrs. Vee. :cool:
LOL!! I don't think you have seen the bad part of me yet.. LOL!! I see what you are saying.. but it is not worth getting upset over anymore.. I am now the new Mrs V.. :p

Tom Brown
02-10-2005, 12:25 PM
The problem with time-outs is that I have no patience for them.
... back to being angry. :mad:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 12:25 PM
The problem with time-outs is that I have no patience for them.
... back to being angry. :mad:
sing a song you like to listen to.. :)

BarryMac
02-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Don't forget the Nivea, keeps it from chaffing...

Tom Brown
02-10-2005, 12:28 PM
Maybe I'll try their new glans formula... for my left deltoid workout.
My question was serious, BTW. If someone has an opinion on how often deltoids can be worked, I would be appreciative.

SCUBA STEVE
02-10-2005, 12:32 PM
LOL!! I don't think you have seen the bad part of me yet.. LOL!! I see what you are saying.. but it is not worth getting upset over anymore.. I am now the new Mrs V.. :p
Did I miss something, besides JBB being JBB? :hammer2:

NOTALENT
My question was serious, BTW. If someone has an opinion on how often deltoids can be worked, I would be appreciative.
I train one group per day...Deltoids u can train twice a week depending on how hard u work them..If there still sore after 2-3 days..then wait till ur recovered..muscles grow best when there fully recouperated..what types of work outs are u doing?

MRS FLYIN VEE
mr vee's woks his out every other day..

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 12:33 PM
Did I miss something, besides JBB being JBB? :hammer2:
LOL!! no I just am trying not to argue so much on here.. I am gettin to old for it.. LOL!! ;)

Jbb
02-10-2005, 12:35 PM
Here Tom ...Its even got pictures in case you get stuck on the bigger words... :D
Delts (http://www.leehayward.com/rear_delts.htm)

SCUBA STEVE
02-10-2005, 12:36 PM
LOL!! no I just am trying not to argue so much on here.. I am gettin to old for it.. LOL!! ;)
You are still younger then the Birthday boy. :cool:
Btw sorry you guys are not making the trip. :frown:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 12:36 PM
Here Tom ...Its even got pictures in case you get stuck on the bigger words... :D
LMAO!! I need pics too.. big words confuse me.. :shift:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 12:37 PM
You are still younger then the Birthday boy. :cool:
Btw sorry you guys are not making the trip. :frown:
me too.. do you know why.. if not let me know and I will p.m you with it. :)

Tom Brown
02-10-2005, 12:38 PM
I train one group per day...Deltoids u can train twice a week depending on how hard u work them..If there still sore after 2-3 days..then wait till ur recovered..muscles grow best when there fully recouperated..what types of work outs are u doing?
Thanks, Notalent. :)
This site is full of jokers. :D
Lately I've been doing abductions (http://www.exrx.net/Articulations/Shoulder.html#anchor105322) , forward raise (http://www.exrx.net/Articulations/Shoulder.html#anchor102874), reverse flys (http://www.exrx.net/Articulations/Shoulder.html#anchor107050) .
I've been working them twice a week until they run out of power but they are never sore the next day. That makes me wonder why I can't work them enough to get them sore.

SCUBA STEVE
02-10-2005, 12:38 PM
They could have updated this picture to at least the 90's. This looks like the Arnold days. lol :D
http://www.leehayward.com/art_pics/bentlat.jpg
I have also never seen face pulls.. :hammer2:

Jbb
02-10-2005, 12:40 PM
[QUOTE=SCUBA STEVE]They could have updated this picture to at least the 90's. This looks like the Arnold days. lol :D
I have also never seen face pulls.. :D
Have you seen Toms Face?...

Tom Brown
02-10-2005, 12:41 PM
Thanks... I think. :D
There looks to be some good reading on that site. :cool:

SCUBA STEVE
02-10-2005, 12:41 PM
Thanks, Notalent. :)
This site is full of jokers. :D
Lately I've been doing abductions (http://www.exrx.net/Articulations/Shoulder.html#anchor105322) , forward raise (http://www.exrx.net/Articulations/Shoulder.html#anchor102874), reverse flys (http://www.exrx.net/Articulations/Shoulder.html#anchor107050) .
I've been working them twice a week until they run out of power but they are never sore the next day. That makes me wonder why I can't work them enough to get them sore.
Thats because you might have been doing the same routine for a while, you need to shock your muscles from time to time and change your training habbits, train at a different time, change the excersises, etc. Also increase your reps with lower weight, or max out by increase your weight. (but keep proper form)

Tom Brown
02-10-2005, 12:44 PM
Thanks, Steve. I've been trying to change things around every couple of weeks but I will re-double my efforts. :cool:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 12:47 PM
what is the best time to work out.. morning,afternoon or at night.. or is it just preference. :D

SCUBA STEVE
02-10-2005, 12:49 PM
Thanks, Steve. I've been trying to change things around every couple of weeks but I will re-double my efforts. :cool:
In that case maybe you are changing to much and not letting your body catch up. Like I said to Mrs Vee, you got to find what works for you. It will usually take a solid 4-6 weeks before you notice a physical change.
I am going to look like a fool tomorrow trying face pulls. lol :D

SCUBA STEVE
02-10-2005, 12:52 PM
what is the best time to work out.. morning,afternoon or at night.. or is it just preference. :D
First thing in the morning when your body has nothing in it. That will allow you to burn more calories and start up your metabolisim for the day.
But mostly it's preference. I like the mornings for the reasons I stated above, and the gym is not packed at 5am.
I am still waiting for the RD gay meter. :hammerhea :wink:

Jbb
02-10-2005, 12:53 PM
In that case maybe you are changing to much and not letting your body catch up. Like I said to Mrs Vee, you got to find what works for you. It will usually take a solid 4-6 weeks before you notice a physical change.
I am going to look like a fool tomorrow trying face pulls. lol :D
Just be careful with your nose..... :2purples: ... :wink:

NOTALENT
02-10-2005, 12:53 PM
That has been a huge argument forever!! lol..really its all the same..I prefer the morning but never get to exept on the weekends..when u work out in the morning u feel great throughout the whole day. Energized and ready to go.. but theres no difference.

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 12:55 PM
That has been a huge argument forever!! lol..really its all the same..I prefer the morning but never get to exept on the weekends..when u work out in the morning u feel great throughout the whole day. Energized and ready to go.. but theres no difference.
thank you.. it helps.. :wink:

Tom Brown
02-10-2005, 12:56 PM
I am still waiting for the RD gay meter. :hammerhea :wink:
I think he's going to lay low until he's confident Frenchie isn't going to kick his ass.

NOTALENT
02-10-2005, 12:58 PM
If ur not feeling the pain..then somethings not right..ur not shockin the muscles like scuba said. When I work out I start with Military presses..I will do heavy weight and then super set with lighter weight..after warmed up of course...I superset every work out..it makes a huge difference..read this page.. www.bodybuilding.com is the best place for info. I live by this site!! lol check this out..its pretty much what I do...
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/shocker3.htm

Tom Brown
02-10-2005, 12:58 PM
..when u work out in the morning u feel great throughout the whole day.
:cool:
There has been a lot of excellent information in this thread. Thanks for that and thanks Mrs. Vee for throwing out such a topical question.
JBB Sux.

RP1
02-10-2005, 01:01 PM
[QUOTE=SCUBA STEVE]
:D[/QU
Good point, sleep is a very important factor in the equation.
Funny story... a few years ago I worked for a guy that thoroughly believed that you needed to take naps during the day to gain the most results. So anyway, this guy has the whole office in the gym each day from 11:00-12:30, followed by lunch and then back to the office for a half-hour nap.
This went on from Feb-May and then came to an end when vacations started, but man we were in shape that summer. :D

SCUBA STEVE
02-10-2005, 01:03 PM
I find there is a difference, at least for me. When I work out in the morning, my body feels hungry all day long, which is good that means my metabolisim is kicking in. When I work out at night, I am not as hungry during the day, and I don't eat as much, meaning what ever I do eat is just sitting in there. lol
NOTALENT are you going to compete in the flex off? :p

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 01:03 PM
:cool:
There has been a lot of excellent information in this thread. Thanks for that and thanks Mrs. Vee for throwing out such a topical question.
JBB Sux.
your welcome.. I hope it helped you also..
oh yeah and JBB sux.. LOL!! :D

Jbb
02-10-2005, 01:05 PM
your welcome.. I hope it helped you also..
oh yeah and JBB sux.. LOL!! :D
There they go...turning on me like a pack of rabid wolverines... :2purples:

SCUBA STEVE
02-10-2005, 01:05 PM
I think he's going to lay low until he's confident Frenchie isn't going to kick his ass.
lmfao!! :)

SCUBA STEVE
02-10-2005, 01:07 PM
[QUOTE=SCUBA STEVE]
:D[/QU
Good point, sleep is a very important factor in the equation.
Funny story... a few years ago I worked for a guy that thoroughly believed that you needed to take naps during the day to gain the most results. So anyway, this guy has the whole office in the gym each day from 11:00-12:30, followed by lunch and then back to the office for a half-hour nap.
This went on from Feb-May and then came to an end when vacations started, but man we were in shape that summer. :D
I crash out for lunch every day for about 20 minutes, listening to Jim Rome. lol Damn where did you work!! 2-1/2 hour lunch break?

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 01:10 PM
There they go...turning on me like a pack of rabid wolverines... :2purples:
LOL!! I prefer cult.. :D

RP1
02-10-2005, 01:13 PM
I crash out for lunch every day for about 20 minutes, listening to Jim Rome. lol Damn where did you work!! 2-1/2 hour lunch break?
Still work at the same place. I run the show now though and can't allow that to go on... hmmmmm :idea: No nevermind :D
Actually there is a gym and shower downstairs which makes it easy to get a workout in at lunch if the rest of the day looks to busy.

NOTALENT
02-10-2005, 01:15 PM
I find there is a difference, at least for me. When I work out in the morning, my body feels hungry all day long, which is good that means my metabolisim is kicking in. When I work out at night, I am not as hungry during the day, and I don't eat as much, meaning what ever I do eat is just sitting in there. lol
NOTALENT are you going to compete in the flex off? :p
whats the flex off?? maybe..lol. Im no show off..I just to it to stay in shape and strength..hehe.

MAINEVENT
02-10-2005, 01:18 PM
I thought the top half looked nice :rollside: :rollside:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 01:19 PM
I thought the top half looked nice :rollside: :rollside:
LOL!! thank you.. it's o.k but always room for improvement.. right.. :wink:

MAINEVENT
02-10-2005, 01:21 PM
LOL!! thank you.. it's o.k but always room for improvement.. right.. :wink:
Co was gonna ask you something about :idea: :idea: but she has no puter right now :messedup: I will PM you :D

Roxysnow
02-10-2005, 01:35 PM
Co was gonna ask you something about :idea: :idea: but she has no puter right now :messedup: I will PM you :D
What the hell is :idea: :idea: ??? It's like saying I bought a boat and not telling you what it was...j/k What's up ALex? How's things in the hood?

jeepinscott
02-10-2005, 01:48 PM
I have a degree in physical education, so I know a little about exercise and nutrition. Steve is correct, there is no such thing as 'spot' weightloss w/o lipo. Usually when someone focuses on a problem area, they build the muscles under the fat and make the fat stick out further than before, making the problem worse.
Do you want the science involved? I'm gonna give it to you anyways. :)
Your body uses Glycogen (Blood Sugar) and Oxygen as fuel. It does not 'burn calories,' it burns glycogen and uses oxygen. There are 4 energy phases of the body, of which, 3 use only Glycogen as fuel, and are anaerobic (w/o oxygen). To stand and walk, run for 3-4 minutes, all the normal stuff, your body uses Glycogen. During excercise as the body needs more blood sugar it increases the flow of blood, by heart rate, then switches to the last phase of energy, aerobic (w/ oxygen.) In the aerobic state your body preserves Glycogen, uses less, and relies on Oxygen for fuel. Marathon runners have to get into aerobic function and stay there to survive.
Our bodies are Glycogen producing machines, it takes carbs, complex and simple and turns them into Glycogen. What it doesn't immediately use, it stores for later on our body as fat, none is wasted. It uses what you eat first, then goes to what it stored, then, after all that is gone, will metabolize proteins, (muscles) and use it. Ethiopia stuff there. Your body can not turn proteins and fats that you eat into Glycogen. It does not work.
With all the back ground, then how do we use that information?
I used the information for athletic performance, but you can reverse the process for weight/fat control. In developing a weight loss program of diet and excercise, you first want to make sure you are in the energy phase that burns the most glycogen and does not preserve it. The last phase is brought on by your heart rate. If you want to lose fat, keep your heart rate up enough to burn glycogen, but low enough not to enter the aerobic rate. The range is found by a simple formula.
220 - age x 55-65%
220 - age = your max heart rate for safe exercise
55-65% of that is the optimum glycogen burning range for most people.
Your heart rate will be low and most gym rats will tell you that you need to be working harder, but most gym rats didn't study nutrition and the energy systems of the body. You will be able to breathe through your nose and talk while doing it. The 200lber running as fast as she can on the treadmill, while working her heart like crazy, is doing almost nothing for weight loss.
Cardio (heart) excercise happens at 65-75% and is good for well being also, but does little for weight loss.
As for the diet part, limit your carb intake, both simple and complex and you will lose fat. Bread, sugar and fruit are all high in carbs, great for athletic performance, not so good for weight loss.
I hope you got through all that.

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 02:00 PM
wow thank you for all the info.. that helps alot. :wink:

redneckgirl
02-10-2005, 02:24 PM
I have a degree in physical education, so I know a little about exercise and nutrition. Steve is correct, there is no such thing as 'spot' weightloss w/o lipo. Usually when someone focuses on a problem area, they build the muscles under the fat and make the fat stick out further than before, making the problem worse.
220 - age x 55-65%
220 - age = your max heart rate for safe exercise
55-65% of that is the optimum glycogen burning range for most people.
So if your 38... 110-118 is your optimum glycogen burning range. Do I have that right??? So it doesn't matter if you do 2 miles in 10 minutes or 30 as long as you are in this range you are doing more to loose weight?!!! Scott thanks for the help.
This is a good thread Mrs V!!! Thanks :D

Tom Brown
02-10-2005, 03:19 PM
Your body can not turn proteins and fats that you eat into Glycogen. It does not work.
This is not the first I've heard this. In light of this, I've always wondered why protein seems to be such a key element of body building.