PDA

View Full Version : I just got robbed!!!

mirvin
02-10-2005, 02:03 PM
By an 80 year old barber :D
Seriously, he told me $25 for a cut....then after I made him cut a little more off the top he tried to charge me $50 for the "Long Hair" cut and then decided he'd keep the $40 I had handed to him expecting change!!
He pointed to his "Price Board" where it said $50 for long hair and said "It's ok, I'll give you $10 off".
If he wasn't so old and if the whole thing wasn't so friggin funny I might have been pissed. I guess if you got a shop on Ventura Blvd. you better find creative ways to pay the rent.
mirvin :rolleyes:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 02:05 PM
Seriously, he told me $25 for a cut....then after I made him cut a little more off the top he tried to charge me $50 for the "Long Hair" cut and then decided he'd keep the $40 I had handed to him expecting change!!
He pointed to his "Price Board" where it said $50 for long hair and said "It's ok, I'll give you $10 off".
If he wasn't so old and if the whole thing wasn't so friggin funny I might have been pissed. I guess if you got a shop on Ventura Blvd. you better find creative ways to pay the rent.
:eek: that's why he has money and probably is the owner..
:wink:

dicudmore
02-10-2005, 02:06 PM
that ain't right, but its funny :hammer2:

Mrs.Racer277
02-10-2005, 02:07 PM
That sucks But funny.

jackpunx
Hey,,
I got a perfect Barber for you.. its worth the drive to hollywood.. He does everyone.. straight razor and all..
Let me know and I'll set you up w him..

miller19j
You probably promised him an “autographed picture of Bugs Bunny” as part of the deal and never gave it to him either…….

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 02:08 PM
Hey,,
I got a perfect Barber for you.. its worth the drive to hollywood.. He does everyone.. straight razor and all..
Let me know and I'll set you up w him..
that just doesn't sound right.. LOL!! :p

mirvin
02-10-2005, 02:11 PM
You probably promised him an “autographed picture of Bugs Bunny” as part of the deal and never gave it to him either…….
That right there hurts mister!! I'm still working on it........maybe I"ll have it by the next San Antone meet & greet:wink:
mirvin :hammerhea

BADBLOWN572
02-10-2005, 02:12 PM
that just doesn't sound right.. LOL!! :p
Its OK, he told me that he likes him because gets "the twins" nice and smooth. :D :p

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Its OK, he told me that he likes him because gets "the twins" nice and smooth. :D :p
LMAO!! :p

jackpunx
02-10-2005, 02:14 PM
You do a pretty good job on the twins too.. Lol

mirvin
02-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Question is, can he get the COWBOYS nice and smooth? :D

Ziggy
02-10-2005, 02:15 PM
So did you not see the sign before the cut?...you long haired hippie :D :D
I'd guess that there might be a difference of opinion on what constitutes 'long hair' though. :hammer2:

mirvin
02-10-2005, 02:21 PM
So did you not see the sign before the cut?...you long haired hippie :D :D
I'd guess that there might be a difference of opinion on what constitutes 'long hair' though. :hammer2:
Yeah I saw the sign, but my hair is not long :hammerhea He told me $25 and the sign said $25 for regular cut, but after I mad him do more work I guess he thought he deserved a $20 tip.
The guy was so frail that I bet it would have killed him If I argued about it :argue: :wink:

Ziggy
02-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Yeah I saw the sign, but my hair is not long :hammerhea He told me $25 and the sign said $25 for regular cut, but after I mad him do more work I guess he thought he deserved a $20 tip.
The guy was so frail that I bet it would have killed him If I argued about it :argue: :wink:
LOL--Your good deed for the month. Keep those good deeds coming and you will rid yourself of that old curse yet :wink:

SHOTKALLIN
02-10-2005, 02:35 PM
You've got to be kidding me. $50 for a barber cut??? When I drop $50 It involves a semi nude woman dancing on my lap. Unbelievable. I guess thats why I shave my head bald. :cry:

mirvin
02-10-2005, 02:38 PM
You've got to be kidding me. $50 for a barber cut??? When I drop $50 It involves a semi nude woman dancing on my lap. Unbelievable. I guess thats why I shave my head bald. :cry:
Tell me about it:cool: THe only reason I stopped in there is because I was walking by and I know the barber shop by my house charges $12...... :220v:

HCS
02-10-2005, 02:44 PM
That is expensive. But what hell I paid $35.00 for a DVD.http://lunchboxing.com/images/features/group/animarti3.gif

flat broke
02-10-2005, 02:49 PM
Mirvin,
Hit up the Barber shop on Artesia and Yukon in the shopping center with the auto parts and the pizza place, right next to 7/11. George is the owner, and last time I was in there (it's been a while) Eli was his right hand man. Both of em do good work, even on a gringo like me ;) $12 is cheap for a good tight cut. Tell em that Chris (Ryan's friend) says hi.
If you want to save some duckets on the hair cut, drive down to Oceanside :D Of course, I hope you're in love with the "high n' tight" look ;)
Chris

burtandnancy
02-10-2005, 02:50 PM
I would hope he did you in 20 minutes or less or he lost money...

miller19j
02-10-2005, 02:57 PM
That right there hurts mister!! I'm still working on it........maybe I"ll have it by the next San Antone meet & greet:wink:
mirvin :hammerheaYou can’t come to the next one…. You take off with all the people and only leave me with a picture of RD :yuk: ....... :D

Ziggy
02-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Mirvin,
If you want to save some duckets on the hair cut, drive down to Oceanside :D Of course, I hope you're in love with the "high n' tight" look ;)
Chris
He's got a point there :p :p ...alot of the Marines are deployed so the barber shops are rather "hungry" for clients....Urrrr-Rahhhh :smile:

mirvin
02-10-2005, 03:08 PM
Mirvin,
Hit up the Barber shop on Artesia and Yukon in the shopping center with the auto parts and the pizza place, right next to 7/11. George is the owner, and last time I was in there (it's been a while) Eli was his right hand man. Both of em do good work, even on a gringo like me ;) $12 is cheap for a good tight cut. Tell em that Chris (Ryan's friend) says hi.
Chris
That's my guy!!! I live right around the corner and that's where I usually go, or at least have gone a few times....

SHOTKALLIN
02-10-2005, 03:08 PM
That is expensive. But what hell I paid $35.00 for a DVD.http://lunchboxing.com/images/features/group/animarti3.gif
well sometimes u gotta jump on those 3 for 1's :D

Jordy
02-10-2005, 03:12 PM
$12 is cheap for a good tight cut. Tell em that Chris (Ryan's friend) says hi.
Walk into a barbershop full of dudes and tell them another guy says hi??? This thread just keeps getting better. Next thing ya know, work out tips will be provided courtesy of Aahron. :eek: :hammerhea :eek: :D

BrendellaJet
02-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Just buy some clippers and shave your head. thats what I do! Free hair cuts!

flat broke
02-10-2005, 03:31 PM
Walk into a barbershop full of dudes and tell them another guy says hi??? This thread just keeps getting better. Next thing ya know, work out tips will be provided courtesy of Aahron. :eek: :hammerhea :eek: :D
Jordo,
I see where you're goin, but this barber shop is more like a neighborhood institution. I had George cut my hair for damn near 10 years. All my buds from school went there, and he's a way to keep tabs on folks I've lost touch with. I started having my now wife/then girlfriend cut my hair a couple years ago, so I don't get down there anymore, but it's pretty much like the deal ya see on TV sitcoms with the barber knowing everyone since they were 2yrs old etc. No gay inuendo there bud... Just a satisfied customer passin on a hello to a friend. Besides, if ya stopped by there you'd never even think to say somethin like whatcha did as George is one of them pugilists (boxers) and always has the up to date FHM, Playboy, Penthouse, and Stuff for his 18 and up clientel to parouse while their waitin for thier turn in the chair.
Chris

Jordy
02-10-2005, 03:43 PM
Jordo,
Besides, if ya stopped by there you'd never even think to say somethin like whatcha did as George is one of them pugilists (boxers) and always has the up to date FHM, Playboy, Penthouse, and Stuff for his 18 and up clientel to parouse while their waitin for thier turn in the chair.
Chris
That's way out of my neighborhood, besides, I prefer going to the salon full of snotty hot women (being the only guy in there too) and getting a scalp massage, shampoo and a haircut. ;) :D :D

flat broke
02-10-2005, 04:14 PM
That's way out of my neighborhood, besides, I prefer going to the salon full of snotty hot women (being the only guy in there too) and getting a scalp massage, shampoo and a haircut. ;) :D :D
No wonder your sellin a 21' Schiada and looking for something in the 30' range ;)
Just f'n with ya. :D
Speakin of which, Somebody buy that damn thing!!!!:)
Chris

Jordy
02-10-2005, 04:15 PM
No wonder your sellin a 21' Schiada and looking for something in the 30' range ;)
Just f'n with ya. :D
Speakin of which, Somebody buy that damn thing!!!!:)
Chris
Actually, I just don't think the aluminum heads and intercooler would play very well with salt water. It would be a shame to sit and listen to that engine melt away. ;)

flat broke
02-10-2005, 04:24 PM
Actually, I just don't think the aluminum heads and intercooler would play very well with salt water. It would be a shame to sit and listen to that engine melt away. ;)
Might wanna move that statement to gear heads, cause there's lots of guys who run to Catallina with some Yahoo behind them on a ski who don't run iron heads. And I doubt the core on your intercooler is Aluminum ;)
BTW props for you for knowing that 30' boats belong in the ocean.
Hijack officially over. I'm spent.
Chris

Jordy
02-10-2005, 04:26 PM
And I doubt the core on your intercooler is Aluminum ;)
Chris
I'm sure the core isn't, however, everything around it is. I just don't want to destroy a pretty engine playing in something that it doesn't have any business being in. :D