PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual LaveyCraft Catalina Fun Run

Faster Daddy
02-10-2005, 07:29 PM
Heads up, its that time of year again! Last year was a blast with about 15 boats making the trip. Get the word out and lets get some more Lavey owners to the island. 24' owners step it up, you'll have a great trip.
The plan is for Sunday, 27th morning run from Long Beach. Cocktails and then group lunch.
Details to follow.

AirtimeLavey
02-10-2005, 07:36 PM
Heads up, its that time of year again! Last year was a blast with about 15 boats making the trip. Get the word out and lets get some more Lavey owners to the island. 24' owners step it up, you'll have a great trip.
The plan is for Sunday, 27th morning run from Long Beach. Cocktails and then group lunch.
Details to follow.
You talk'in to me? a 24' owner... :D
Sounds like a good time... I'm thinking hard on this one. Definite maybe at this point...

WILD LAVEY
02-10-2005, 08:14 PM
i had a blast last time you, know im in. oh and im driving the new 32' back from the island. :D

WILD LAVEY
02-10-2005, 08:24 PM
crap, this run is on a sunday. why not saturday. :frown:

Mandelon
02-10-2005, 10:44 PM
What time? Post more details.

Faster Daddy
02-10-2005, 11:23 PM
I'll post more details tomorrow, I just heard about it late this afternoon. Mandy - you're in, I'll buy the bloody mary's.

Faster Daddy
02-10-2005, 11:25 PM
i had a blast last time you, know im in. oh and im driving the new 32' back from the island. :D
How did you work that? Try to keep it below triple digits :jawdrop: I'll be driving my new yellow boat :D

Mandelon
02-11-2005, 07:56 AM
I'll post more details tomorrow, I just heard about it late this afternoon. Mandy - you're in, I'll buy the bloody mary's.
You're the best! :D Its on my calendar now.

Faster Daddy
02-13-2005, 06:01 PM
Details:
Ok here's the plan, Meet Sunday February 27 at the Queensway launch ramp 8:00 am (Please be on-time). Leave for Catalina around 8:30 am. Cocktails and Lunch on the Island, return early afternoon.
Queensway Launch Ramp is located near the Queenmary (South Shore Launch Ramp 590 Queensway Dr. Longbeach, Ca.). Take 710 South and follow signs for Queenmary. Exit Queensway Drive it will take you straight to the Launch Ramp. This is a pay ramp so have some small bills ready. Thomas Bros. Map page 825-C2.
If you know you are going, call Ron Morgan @ LaveyCraft and let him know so that he can get a head count/boat count (951) 273-9690, or PM me and I'll let him know.
See ya at the ramp.
Brian

Faster Daddy
02-14-2005, 10:43 PM
ttt :crossx:

Faster Daddy
02-16-2005, 03:10 AM
StarLoans will be coming out bringing his 28 DCB. He probably fells like slumming for a while running with this Lavey crowd :rollside:
Anyone who wants to join us, come on out! I'd like to see a Howard 28' Bullet owner step-up and make the run. Sure would be fun to see the Howard and the DCB slug it out. But then again I've yet to see a Howard over at the island :confused: JK - trying to stir the shat.
Looks like about 10 boats so far..... :idea:

dicudmore
02-16-2005, 07:32 AM
I might come out and slum w/the lavey boys :cool:

Havasu Luvr
02-16-2005, 08:16 AM
I might come out and slum w/the lavey boys :cool:
Hey Dan, I'll run with you out to the Island :D but lets ask Faster Daddy if a Shockwave and a Cheetah can mix with the Lavey Boys and a DCB :lightsabe :supp: :D

Faster Daddy
02-16-2005, 03:19 PM
Hey Dan, I'll run with you out to the Island :D but lets ask Faster Daddy if a Shockwave and a Cheetah can mix with the Lavey Boys and a DCB :lightsabe :supp: :D
Everyone is welcome at Lavey :cool:
Its good you guys are coming, we don't want the DCB left behind all by himself! :cry: :lightsabe
PM me if you have any questions, if not we'll see you at the ramp!

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
02-16-2005, 03:26 PM
Its good you guys are coming, we don't want the DCB left behind all by himself! :cry: :lightsabe
mmmmmmmmmmm this looks interesting

Faster Daddy
02-16-2005, 06:28 PM
Still looking for a Howard owner..................
cause I heard the DCB guy say that he would smoke any 28 Howard runnin to the island :boxingguy

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
02-16-2005, 06:50 PM
Still looking for a Howard owner..................
cause I heard the DCB guy say that he would smoke any 28 Howard runnin to the island :boxingguy
MMMMMM I may be able to stir one up, but I dought if he will get smoked with his 700hp this should be good

Starloans
02-16-2005, 07:14 PM
I didn't say I could smoke the bullet, but I'll keep up with even power. Actually, I think I said in the other thread that the bullet should be a tad faster than me because it's lighter and narrower running the same engine. But we'll see how one does in the BIG POND.
If I wear a Lavey tee shirt will my boat go faster???? :D
I still havent gotten around to installing mufflers. You think the fuz will be checking???? :confused: I'll have a full tank anyway and they'll have to catch me. I'll hide behind an island.
I'll have an extra seat in case anyone wants to ride in the beater.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
02-16-2005, 07:27 PM
I didn't say I could smoke the bullet, but I'll keep up with even power. Actually, I think I said in the other thread that the bullet should be a tad faster than me because it's lighter and narrower running the same engine. But we'll see how one does in the BIG POND.
If I wear a Lavey tee shirt will my boat go faster???? :D
I still havent gotten around to installing mufflers. You think the fuz will be checking???? :confused: I'll have a full tank anyway and they'll have to catch me. I'll hide behind an island.
I'll have an extra seat in case anyone wants to ride in the beater.
I think they will catch you even if you go around the island
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1616MH68_Pics_0054_40.jpg

Mandelon
02-16-2005, 07:36 PM
I am good to go. :cool:

Starloans
02-16-2005, 07:51 PM
I think they will catch you even if you go around the island
They cant catch my boat. :cry:

dexman38
02-16-2005, 07:52 PM
i am in
Frenchie where are you?

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
02-16-2005, 07:58 PM
They cant catch my boat. :cry:
they wont have to, the guy in the window with the 50cal will take care of you http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1616ar-thumb.gif
if not I heard they have a pursuit vehicle
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1616aircraft_1.jpg

dicudmore
02-17-2005, 07:29 AM
Uh oh.....do we need Jay to bring out the Fountain and show us all how its done?? :cool:

Faster Daddy
02-17-2005, 03:56 PM
Must be a biggggg Fountain, cause anything under 30 from them is just a lake boat - thats probably why they don't race Factory class anymore. :jawdrop:
Show us how its done.......... Does that mean who can open his wallet the widest and throw money at the water ???? Cause I don't think there are going to be many boats beating the 32 Lavey with the twin 600's to the Island :D

Faster Daddy
02-17-2005, 04:26 PM
I didn't say I could smoke the bullet.......
I thought you said you would smoke that lake boat running to the island, and would leave a trail of bread crumbs for him to follow after he loses sight of you!! :2purples:
That wasn't you ?? I must be hearing things.......(lol) :wink:

dicudmore
02-17-2005, 04:29 PM
Must be a biggggg Fountain, cause anything under 30 from them is just a lake boat - thats probably why they don't race Factory class anymore. :jawdrop:
Show us how its done.......... Does that mean who can open his wallet the widest and throw money at the water ???? Cause I don't think there are going to be many boats beating the 32 Lavey with the twin 600's to the Island :D
Well we all know it won't be mine beating the 32, as if it matters :D
They will still have beer on the island when I get there, worst case I bring my own :wink: EDIT: Mine is definitely just a lake boat
As for Jay's boat....42' and it speaks for itself at 120+ :hammerhea

dicudmore
02-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Any idea what that thing will run for MPH with those 2 purdy blue motors? :cool: :D
Certainly the smaller Lavey's move pretty good with stock power........

Faster Daddy
02-17-2005, 04:57 PM
As for Jay's boat....42' and it speaks for itself at 120+ :hammerhea
I knew it must be a big boat.......whats he got twin 1500's?? and damn big wallet :)

dicudmore
02-17-2005, 05:00 PM
I knew it must be a big boat.......whats he got twin 1500's?? and damn big wallet :)
The purple one I believe are around 1200 (yes x2)
Rumor has it the new boat will have a little more :D :idea:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
02-17-2005, 07:26 PM
I thought you said you would smoke that lake boat running to the island, and would leave a trail of bread crumbs for him to follow after he loses sight of you!! :2purples:
That wasn't you ?? I must be hearing things.......(lol) :wink:
I talked to my friend he is end, he said the 700 is ready willing and able and he will wait for you all at the island minus Photo :220v:

Starloans
02-17-2005, 07:49 PM
LOL :rollside:
I think the bullet with 700 hp will have no prob taking the DCB with the 525 on the lake.
SYA don't be a hater. Keep in mind whos talking smack here.
I'm sorry, I need to tell everyone whos never been to the island with Faster Daddy. He never met a beer he didn't like and you will see that. You are in for a treat. LOL.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
02-17-2005, 07:51 PM
LOL :rollside:
I think the bullet with 700 hp will have no prob taking the DCB with the 525 on the lake.
SYA don't be a hater. Keep in mind whos talking smack here.
I'm sorry, I need to tell everyone whos never been to the island with Faster Daddy. He never met a beer he didn't like and you will see that. You are in for a treat. LOL.
you know I'm not a hater :D in I may take my sled and run with the laveys :eat:

Starloans
02-17-2005, 07:57 PM
you know I'm not a hater :D in I may take my sled and run with the laveys :eat:
SYA you sound like a lot of fun. LOL

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
02-17-2005, 08:10 PM
SYA you sound like a lot of fun. LOL
you know I am,

dexman38
02-17-2005, 09:28 PM
where is frenchie?

Starloans
02-17-2005, 09:59 PM
Im sorry but I can't resist any longer. Some of you may know this ***boat celebrity. If you guys haven't met him please refer to the March ***boat page 90. He is recieving an award. Everyone who brings the latest ***boat mag to Catalina and identifies him will receive free beer from him. LMAO.

Faster Daddy
02-17-2005, 10:29 PM
Im sorry but I can't resist any longer. Some of you may know this ***boat celebrity. If you guys haven't met him please refer to the March ***boat page 90. He is recieving an award. Everyone who brings the latest ***boat mag to Catalina and identifies him will receive free beer from him. LMAO.
Hey I know that guy, when I find him I getting 2 :D BTW that is one ugly SOB :eek:

WILD LAVEY
02-17-2005, 10:52 PM
whats the boat count so far brian?

Faster Daddy
02-18-2005, 12:15 PM
I think we are at about 13 so far......
Airtime lavey I'm counting you in, its time to get that boat in the open water :cool: Now there will be 2 24's making the trip.
So I guess the boat count is now 14 with over a week to go I think we can find a few more. Maybe this will help - STARLOANS said he would buy the first round for everyone who runs with us. :D :p

cc322
02-18-2005, 12:55 PM
Sure wish my boat was here we have been trying to go to havi to get it but all the rain has kept us home, not sure how my 24 nuera would do but sure would love to give it a try :confused:

dicudmore
02-18-2005, 12:58 PM
Sure wish my boat was here we have been trying to to havi to get it but all the rain has kept us home, not sure how my 24 nuera would do but sure would love to give it a try :confused:
would do FINE....bring it out for the next one :wink:

Faster Daddy
02-18-2005, 02:46 PM
Sure wish my boat was here we have been trying to go to havi to get it but all the rain has kept us home, not sure how my 24 nuera would do but sure would love to give it a try :confused:
Your boat won't melt in the rain, get on the road and get that bad boy back here for the run. You'll have a blast. I took my 24' last year and had no problem keeping up. It will be worth the hour or so you will spend cleaning your boat after towing in the rain.

cc322
02-18-2005, 02:58 PM
Your boat won't melt in the rain, get on the road and get that bad boy back here for the run. You'll have a blast. I took my 24' last year and had no problem keeping up. It will be worth the hour or so you will spend cleaning your boat after towing in the rain.
That means alot comming from the most dedicated boater at the Lavey regatta ;) I sure would like to make this trip, What about water over the bow, I have the same set up as you minus the snap on cover, and what does it entale to clean it afterwards, looks like a fun trip :D

Faster Daddy
02-18-2005, 03:07 PM
That means alot comming from the most dedicated boater at the Lavey regatta ;) I sure would like to make this trip, What about water over the bow, I have the same set up as you minus the snap on cover, and what does it entale to clean it afterwards, looks like a fun trip :D
Unless it gets verrrryy windy, like the regatta, I wouldn't worry about any water coming over the bow. I been out in some BIG water, raced in it at Ventura, never was an issue.
As far as clean-up. 15-30 min at the ramp. Flush the drive (Engine is closed cooling) and a little soap and water. Very easy, that coming from a guy who hates clean-up. (Tip: bring your own hose and a roll of quaters for the water wash down)
I'll put you down then as boat 15.....This is going to be a great run :D

Screaming Pete
02-18-2005, 03:14 PM
I'll have an extra seat in case anyone wants to ride in the beater.[/QUOTE]
Starloans
You've got mail

cc322
02-18-2005, 03:25 PM
I'll put you down then as boat 15.....
:2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

WILD LAVEY
02-18-2005, 08:37 PM
out of the 15 boats, how many of them are laveys?

Faster Daddy
02-19-2005, 02:05 AM
out of the 15 boats, how many of them are laveys?
Most of them..........but we won't know till we hit the ramp. I'll call Ron and see if I can get a complete list to post soon.

pixrthis
02-19-2005, 08:54 AM
[QUOTE=Faster Daddy]Must be a biggggg Fountain, cause anything under 30 from them is just a lake boat - thats probably why they don't race Factory class anymore. :jawdrop:
Lake boats go to the island all the time. My 21 Lavey went about 5 times in 3 years. By the way Fountains F1 kilo record, 93.something mph with a 500 hp was retired in 99 or 2000 because no one was ever gonna break it.

Faster Daddy
02-19-2005, 04:27 PM
[QUOTE=Faster Daddy]Must be a biggggg Fountain, cause anything under 30 from them is just a lake boat - thats probably why they don't race Factory class anymore. :jawdrop:
Lake boats go to the island all the time. My 21 Lavey went about 5 times in 3 years. By the way Fountains F1 kilo record, 93.something mph with a 500 hp was retired in 99 or 2000 because no one was ever gonna break it.
Record retired? I don't think most people consider it legit. Are you talking about the boat that ran the kilo, and disappeared after the run avoiding inspection??? I heard it was days before officials ever saw that boat. Something smells fishy there. :jawdrop: How many Fountains are currently racing F1? That might say someting about how they handle the rough water. A kilo record on flat water in cool temperatures doesn't do much to impress me. By the way who holds the current kilo record? Its not a fountain, why not if they run so fast with a 500, nobody should be able to touch them with a 525.???? I believe the current record holders had a full tech inspection after their run :D
I know that lake boats make the run to the Island all of the time, and a 21 Lavey is a great ride. I've made trips in smaller boats also, my comment was in regard to this:
Uh oh.....do we need Jay to bring out the Fountain and show us all how its done??
No smaller size Fountain is gonna show me how its done, not in the rough water anyway. IMHO :D
Soooooo, anyone else ready to run..........
:crossx: :skull:

Starloans
02-19-2005, 08:13 PM
Record retired? I don't think most people consider it legit. Are you talking about the boat that ran the kilo, and disappeared after the run avoiding inspection??? I heard it was days before officials ever saw that boat. Something smells fishy there. :jawdrop: How many Fountains are currently racing F1? That might say someting about how they handle the rough water. A kilo record on flat water in cool temperatures doesn't do much to impress me. By the way who holds the current kilo record? Its not a fountain, why not if they run so fast with a 500, nobody should be able to touch them with a 525.???? I believe the current record holders had a full tech inspection after their run :D
I know that lake boats make the run to the Island all of the time, and a 21 Lavey is a great ride. I've made trips in smaller boats also, my comment was in regard to this:
No smaller size Fountain is gonna show me how its done, not in the rough water anyway. IMHO :D
Yo. You got too much time on your hands to keep up with all this race shit. Get you ass to work. :D

pixrthis
02-19-2005, 09:50 PM
I was racing on the west coast at the time and didn't want to believe it either because our boat wouldn't come close but when Abrue confirmed it we excepted it as legit. We were told that the x dimension had been raised for the kilo but that was not against the rules at that time

Faster Daddy
02-20-2005, 12:20 AM
How about a reflashed ECM, higher rev limiter. Easy to do, easily replaced by original?? Thats why they have rules about inspections and not opening an engine hatch before an official arrives. But I guess the way it went down nobody will really know. :( Funny how there hasn't been one that has run that fast since.
Pixr, what boat/class were you racing and is there any chance you will run with us on the 27th?

Faster Daddy
02-20-2005, 12:24 AM
Yo. You got too much time on your hands to keep up with all this race shit. Get you ass to work. :D
Its either this or workin on the boat load of unfinished projects around here :rolleyes:
My wife is starting to get pissed, I need some new excuses.........she ain't buyin the worn out ones I've been using

pixrthis
02-20-2005, 06:46 AM
How about a reflashed ECM, higher rev limiter. Easy to do, easily replaced by original?? Thats why they have rules about inspections and not opening an engine hatch before an official arrives. But I guess the way it went down nobody will really know. :( Funny how there hasn't been one that has run that fast since.
Pixr, what boat/class were you racing and is there any chance you will run with us on the 27th?
I raced C-class 88-90 in a 25' Motion w 2.4s and 98-02 raced a Warlock named Greengos. We said the same things about the Fountain when they ran the number but we were assured by the chief inspector who's from the west coast everything checked out. Did they get away with something? Maybe but they did it with out getting caught and the record stood the entire time I was racing. It's history now so this should get back to planning your lunch run.
I'll return to racing when I'm done coaching my kids soccer teams.
Not racing is harder than racing if you know what I mean.

Steamin' Rice
02-20-2005, 07:10 PM
I'll be out of town and won't be able to make this one.... Have a good run and mark your calendars for Mar 26... There is another Catalina run that date.. :D

Mandelon
02-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Brian, will you autograph my ***boat Mag?? :messedup: :rolleyes: :D

Faster Daddy
02-21-2005, 02:56 AM
Brian, will you autograph my ***boat Mag?? :messedup: :rolleyes: :D
I don't know what you're talking about :confused:
I'll buy you a beer anyways.

WILD LAVEY
02-21-2005, 04:31 AM
your mug is on the march issue of ***boat. its on the laveycraft regatta spread. :D

LaveyOne
02-21-2005, 10:28 AM
What's up, y'all !!! Lookin' forward to seeing all of you this weekend. Should be a great run.
Brian, I'll be lookin' to keep up with your ass. Both my brother and I are IN !!!
Nick, it's on Sunday cuz' the boys have to work on SAT. Great turn-out so far. You'll have to let me know how that 32' flies. :)
Bloody Mary's at the "Larry's!!!"

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
02-21-2005, 12:44 PM
mmmmmm do you mean that the 29 Fever is not a good offshore boat and cant handle the ocean

Faster Daddy
02-21-2005, 03:11 PM
mmmmmm do you mean that the 29 Fever is not a good offshore boat and cant handle the ocean
It's a FINE boat. :D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
02-21-2005, 05:10 PM
It's a FINE boat. :D
MMMM I will see :D

Faster Daddy
02-21-2005, 05:23 PM
MMMM I will see :D
I'd take your boat over a 29 Fever any day for any conditions :D :D :D

Faster Daddy
02-22-2005, 12:52 AM
Sunday 2/27: Mostly SUNNY and 65 Degrees
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
*Forecasters however have been know to get it wrong

WILD LAVEY
02-22-2005, 01:23 AM
i hope it stays that way. i cant wait. im tired of all this rain. on the bright side, all the lakes should be full by now.

LaveyOne
02-22-2005, 10:02 PM
Just got word that the launch ramps in Long Beach (both Queensway and Davey's) are closed due to all of the debris caused by the rains.
New plan is to launch out of Huntington and shoot out to Catalina from there. Hope this doesn't discourage anyone because it should be a good run with clear weather.
For further info., contact Ron Morgan or Kevin Cooper @ LaveyCraft (951) 273-9690. I'm sure updates will be posted as they come up.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1371lr-group.jpg

WILD LAVEY
02-22-2005, 10:36 PM
im worried about how much debri is out on the water right now. the last run we made, we found telephone poles and large tree trunks out there.

Starloans
02-22-2005, 10:43 PM
im worried about how much debri is out on the water right now. the last run we made, we found telephone poles and large tree trunks out there.
:eek:

WILD LAVEY
02-22-2005, 10:51 PM
frenchie barely missed the pole @ 60 mph :(

Faster Daddy
02-22-2005, 11:11 PM
Boat count for Sunday= 21
Boats confirmed by Ron at LaveyCraft (15):
1 - 24 NuEra
1 - 26 NuEra
9 - 2750 NuEra
3 - 29 NuEra
1 - 32 NuEra
Boats from this Thread:
Starloans - 28 Extreme DCB
Dicudmore - 29 Cheetah
AirtimeLavey - 24 Laveycraft NuEra
CC322 - 24 LaveyCraft NuEra
Havasu Luvr - ? Shockwave
Dexman38 - ??
Then there is a maybe from Shake-Yo-Azz and a promise of a 28 Howard Bullet with 700hp motor.
Looks like 17 Lavey's, not a bad way to start the new boating season. :)
See ya in Huntington

WILD LAVEY
02-22-2005, 11:15 PM
WOW 9 2750's! this is going to be an awesome run
need directions to huntington launch ramp :cry:

Havasu Luvr
02-23-2005, 06:37 AM
Damm, everything looks good for sunday ie(swell, tide, weather) I hope Newport Dunes launch ramp is open :( I too am worried about debris :squiggle: Looks like I will be cruising over :sleeping: WOW ! ! Looks like a great show of Lavey Boys, save a bouy for me :D
Hey ! ! what about the rest of us NON-Lavey owners? are you still game for sunday?
Havasu Luvr + 5

dicudmore
02-23-2005, 08:37 AM
Looks like I'm out guys :cry:
I was worried about the debris based on the last 2 trips....but I have to move this weekend. if that goes WELL saturday, I'll drag it out sunday.
How do we get to huntington ramp??

Havasu Luvr
02-23-2005, 10:23 AM
Damm, just talked to Newport Dunes Marina, thay say they are open 24/7 and launch at your own risk....harbor is full of debris and brown.... boats have come in with damaged props today. I will call tomorrow and friday to get status. Damm weather :hammer2:

AirtimeLavey
02-23-2005, 10:42 AM
Damn...I'm out. Gotta move my Dad this weekend into an assisted living facility. Not something I'm looking forward to, and doing it w/a heavy heart but he's just gotten to that place in his life, after a couple heart surgeries and subsequent strokes. It's frightening the turns life can take.
Was really looking forward to my first Catalina run, esp. w/a bunch of Laveys. Next time. :frown:
Have a good run...and watch out for all that crap out there. Looking forward to seeing the pics...

dicudmore
02-23-2005, 10:49 AM
Damn...I'm out. Gotta move my Dad this weekend into an assisted living facility. Not something I'm looking forward to, and doing it w/a heavy heart but he's just gotten to that place in his life, after a couple heart surgeries and subsequent strokes. It's frightening the turns life can take.
Was really looking forward to my first Catalina run, esp. w/a bunch of Laveys. Next time. :frown:
Have a good run...and watch out for all that crap out there. Looking forward to seeing the pics...
I'll run with ya if you're not anti-Cheetah, anytime :D

AirtimeLavey
02-23-2005, 11:23 AM
I'll run with ya if you're not anti-Cheetah, anytime :D
Thanks...I'll take you up on that offer. I'm not anti-any boat...just sometimes my 19' in rough water. That's why I bought the 24'.
Yours is a great looking boat. I think I might have seen you in Gasoline Alley on Mohave, before(?). Before I ever stubbled across this damn addictive site.

dicudmore
02-23-2005, 11:42 AM
Thanks...I'll take you up on that offer. I'm not anti-any boat...just sometimes my 19' in rough water. That's why I bought the 24'.
Yours is a great looking boat. I think I might have seen you in Gasoline Alley on Mohave, before(?). Before I ever stubbled across this damn addictive site.
Thanks, very well possible on the gasoline alley, Mohave is my favorite :cool:

FRENCHIE
02-23-2005, 03:30 PM
frenchie barely missed the pole @ 60 mph :(
60-70 ITS ALL THE SAME RIGHT!!?? all i know is that was pole was a good 20ft plus and missed us by about a boat length!!!!
:jawdrop:

dicudmore
02-23-2005, 03:32 PM
60-70 ITS ALL THE SAME RIGHT!!?? all i know is that was pole was a good 20ft plus and missed us by about a boat length!!!!
I think it was more like 65 if memory serves :D
and it was a boat WIDTH not a boat LENGTH.....
that was a close shave there bud ;)

WILD LAVEY
02-23-2005, 08:03 PM
my bad, i didnt have my gps that trip. :hammerhea

Faster Daddy
02-24-2005, 12:27 AM
my bad, i didnt have my gps that trip. :hammerhea
I find it hard to believe that you were running less than 70 ??? Hammer Down! :crossx:

WILD LAVEY
02-24-2005, 12:48 AM
:D :D

dicudmore
02-24-2005, 07:32 AM
I find it hard to believe that you were running less than 70 ??? Hammer Down! :crossx:
If not over 70 he was right there somewhere.....
I didn't look at the screen till we got to Avalon but somewhere on the way over my GPS showed 68.5 as a top speed and I was behind him :wink:

WILD LAVEY
02-24-2005, 02:01 PM
here are some pics from my recon run this morning.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/117RECON_RUN_004.jpg
davies launch ramp was open and clear of debri. queen mary launch was closed.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/117RECON_RUN_008.jpg
looks like most of the branches and logs were washed ashore.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/117RECON_RUN_006.jpg
the water was pretty nasty. it looked like elsinore water. :squiggle:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/117RECON_RUN_009.jpg
heres what the water looked like by the queen mary.
if the weather holds up, its going to be a nice run.

FRENCHIE
02-24-2005, 02:01 PM
If not over 70 he was right there somewhere.....
I didn't look at the screen till we got to Avalon but somewhere on the way over my GPS showed 68.5 as a top speed and I was behind him :wink:
hey nick was most def 73-74, as he passed me and at avalon, my gps showed 70.8 and we were pegged on my speedo at 70 almost all the way over!! gotta love that glass water!!!!
:rollside: :p
oh and by the way ...im out for sunday!!! i can do saturday if anyone wants to run over, but sunday is out....got plans with the family!!!!??? let me know?? :cool:

Havasu Luvr
02-24-2005, 03:07 PM
Hey Nick, did you go out past the breakwater? if so, how did it look?

LaveyOne
02-24-2005, 03:25 PM
Looks good! I guess it's a GO ... :D
From N.O.A.A.
.SUN...WIND VARIABLE 10 KT OR LESS...BECOMING W 10 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 2 TO 3 FT.
Should be a nice smooth ride over. Hopefully accompanied by sunshine.
Thanks for the Recon mission, Nick !!! :cool:

WILD LAVEY
02-24-2005, 04:39 PM
Hey Nick, did you go out past the breakwater? if so, how did it look?
David, i went about 4 to 5 miles out. I didnt see any telephone poles :D
water was calm. it should be a good run. keep your fingers crossed.
Leon, try to make it if you can. oh, and no rain dance please :shift:
Ray, i plan on launching at davies. let me know where you guys plan on launching.

dicudmore
02-24-2005, 04:51 PM
Looks good! I guess it's a GO ... :D
From N.O.A.A.
.SUN...WIND VARIABLE 10 KT OR LESS...BECOMING W 10 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 2 TO 3 FT.
Should be a nice smooth ride over. Hopefully accompanied by sunshine.
Thanks for the Recon mission, Nick !!! :cool:
That will make for an awesome run over there :D
Dan <----still a maybe

Starloans
02-24-2005, 04:55 PM
NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!
I spoke to Faster Daddy today and you're not going to believe this.....................HE'S ACTUALLY WORKING TODAY!!!!!!!
:D

Faster Daddy
02-24-2005, 04:57 PM
I've never launched at Huntington, will someone post directions to the ramp. :confused:

WILD LAVEY
02-24-2005, 05:00 PM
huntington suck in my opinion :p

Faster Daddy
02-24-2005, 05:01 PM
NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!
I spoke to Faster Daddy today and you're not going to believe this.....................HE'S ACTUALLY WORKING TODAY!!!!!!!
:D
Don't be a hater cause you're doin 40+ hrs/week. The rest of us just work smart. :D
You just have to get your priorities in order: 1st Boating; 2nd everything else; last = work. :cool:

29 Lavey
02-24-2005, 07:45 PM
New boat with old screen name.
I'm in.
The reason Quenn Mary ramp is closed is due to a test shoot for the upcoming Miami Vice movie. A production company basically bought it for the last 3 days.
I'm launching from MDR....when are you all leaving the LB break water?
Chris

WILD LAVEY
02-24-2005, 08:09 PM
so whats the deal ray, where are you guys launching from, what time, and where to meet.

LaveyOne
02-24-2005, 09:09 PM
Chris and Kevin are launching out of Queens Gate tomorrow with the 32' for a Mercury photo shoot and they're going to scope out the area. Kevin called down there and he was told that all was clear and open. After seeing your pix, it seems Davey's looks good. Regardless, we're planning to stage up in front of the Queen Mary at 8:00-8:30 a.m. It's a nice wide area to meet and wait for the stragglers. I'll post more details as we get closer to "GO TIME!" :crossx:

Faster Daddy
02-24-2005, 09:20 PM
Ray, are you bringing the coffee? Doughnuts? :idea:

WILD LAVEY
02-24-2005, 09:22 PM
yes, krispy kreme please.

LaveyOne
02-24-2005, 09:22 PM
Nope, just the beer and jerky ... ;)

Havasu Luvr
02-25-2005, 07:21 AM
yes, krispy kreme please.
Who's bringing the coffee? :D Nick, I'll meet ya @ Davies. I hope some of you Fast Lavey boys plan on cruising over. I would hate to get left behind :jawdrop: It should be a GREAT run, the only worries will be what's floating out there. I will need good "First Mates" to help me locate hazards

dicudmore
02-25-2005, 08:06 AM
no way will my better half and the crew be ready to be on the water by 8:30 but we may run over a little later and see y'all on the island :D

DrewDown
02-25-2005, 08:31 AM
If anyone has room for myself and my girl, I have gas money and a bottle of your choice.

Havasu Luvr
02-25-2005, 09:40 AM
no way will my better half and the crew be ready to be on the water by 8:30 but we may run over a little later and see y'all on the island :D
Hey Dan, if you are a "Foresure" then I would elect to launch later and run with you. As it is I would have to be on the road @ 6am to meet The Lavey Boys. Let me know if your a "GO" ! !

Steamin' Rice
02-25-2005, 10:28 AM
New boat with old screen name.
I'm in.
The reason Quenn Mary ramp is closed is due to a test shoot for the upcoming Miami Vice movie. A production company basically bought it for the last 3 days.
I'm launching from MDR....when are you all leaving the LB break water?
Chris
I didn't know Lavey made a 38.. :D :D
Have a good run Chris!! :D

dicudmore
02-25-2005, 01:28 PM
Hey Dan, if you are a "Foresure" then I would elect to launch later and run with you. As it is I would have to be on the road @ 6am to meet The Lavey Boys. Let me know if your a "GO" ! !
Dave I'm "pretty sure" right now....moving tonight and tomorrow but should free up for sunday :cool:
I usually launch from davies. That's my deal too, would have to leave at 6, the crew ain't going for that I know...
I'm thinking more like launch at 10-10:30
my cell 702-250-6304

Havasu Luvr
02-25-2005, 04:36 PM
Dave I'm "pretty sure" right now....moving tonight and tomorrow but should free up for sunday :cool:
I usually launch from davies. That's my deal too, would have to leave at 6, the crew ain't going for that I know...
my cell 702-250-6304
Hey, I'll call you tomorrow afternoon and fine out how things are looking. I'm game for that time frame

nextasex
02-25-2005, 07:23 PM
Chris and Kevin are launching out of Queens Gate tomorrow with the 32' for a Mercury photo shoot and they're going to scope out the area. Kevin called down there and he was told that all was clear and open. After seeing your pix, it seems Davey's looks good. Regardless, we're planning to stage up in front of the Queen Mary at 8:00-8:30 a.m. It's a nice wide area to meet and wait for the stragglers. I'll post more details as we get closer to "GO TIME!" :crossx:
Ray/Brian, I highly recommend launching at Davie's. Super user friendly, especially for the people that are at there first time. But I guess it doesn't really matter where we launch, 'cause we're staging in front of the Queen. The only thing we'll miss out on are the Doughnuts :cry: :rollside: If all goes well, I'll be joining you guys this year, only will be in a 29' Nu-Era, named "GOODFELLAS" instead of my 26', it's still in hibernation in LHC. :frown:
See ya,
Frank

Faster Daddy
02-25-2005, 09:17 PM
See you out there Frank, everything looks good for the Sunday run. :D

GRASS PAY$
02-26-2005, 11:29 AM
Ray, looks good count me in looks like FX 28 is going in the big water for the first time.

cc322
02-26-2005, 01:17 PM
Have fun guys maybe I can join you next year, I am on call for work and the boat is still in havi :frown: I would still love to make this trip someday anyhow have fun
Cheers
Craig

LaveyOne
02-26-2005, 03:54 PM
Everything is a GO !!! All launch ramps are open and relatively safe, so choose your favorite. We'll be launching out of Queens Gate at around 7:30 a.m. See all of you in front of the Queen tomorrow at 8:00.
SUN...WIND VARIABLE 10 KT OR LESS...BECOMING W 10 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 2 TO 3 FT AT 11 SECONDS.
:D :D :D

Havasu Luvr
02-26-2005, 04:37 PM
I'm a "GO", but will be launching @ 10am (Davies) with Dan and his crew. See ya'll on the island. :wink:

andy01
02-27-2005, 01:27 AM
Hey, I'll call you tomorrow afternoon and fine out how things are looking. I'm game for that time frame
Im going to try and hook up with you guys in the morning.
Drew if you need a ride let me know......... 310-480-4285. If I get my ass up early enough.
Andy

Mandelon
02-28-2005, 08:24 AM
my cell 702-250-6304
We saw you pull in. We were upstairs at Steve's.

dicudmore
02-28-2005, 08:44 AM
We saw you pull in. We were upstairs at Steve's.
Didn't know you had rolled out there with them....
Saw Nick sitting up there. My group stopped at Busy Bee, Dave and Andy's crew made it further down the street. Nice day over there!