PDA

View Full Version : ebay boat disappeared

victorfb
02-10-2005, 08:38 PM
did anyone happen to see or buy a jet boat listed as a cheetah but looked like a rogers on ebay today? it had 4 days left but it disappeared. it was boat less motor and trailer.

taylormanss
02-10-2005, 08:58 PM
yeah I saw it today on e-bay and your right it sure did look like a rogers bonneville.The ad sid it only had a bill of sale so it probably is a rogers.
drive it like ya stole it!

taylormanss
02-10-2005, 09:03 PM
your right it's gone!!!
drive it like ya stole it!

victorfb
02-10-2005, 09:49 PM
must have been sold and taken off ebay. it said 4 days left. and yes, bill of sale only. but some boats that were built for racing only were never registered so as long as it stayed in cali it should be no problem. hope someone on here got it.

Taylor LP
02-10-2005, 10:51 PM
Is this the one here?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4526899591&category=80653&sspagename=WDVW
To search for listings that have ended, just go to "advanced search" and click the box that says "search completed listings".

victorfb
02-10-2005, 10:57 PM
thats it. any idea on how i can get ahold of the seller? or is it back on ebay? ive never done the ebay thing so i have no idea. yea i know...

78Southwind
02-10-2005, 11:21 PM
Victor
I think you have to have an eBay account to e-mail the seller. I sent him my e-mail address and told him you were interested. I will send you his e-mail address once he responds.
Are you looking at saving another Rogers or just looking for an emblem?

Hal
02-10-2005, 11:27 PM
Go to the ebay page with the boat and click on sellers other items. Click on one of the items and on the new item page click on ask seller a question. You will need to be registered on ebay to ask seller a question. Ask him to email you about the boat.

victorfb
02-10-2005, 11:38 PM
i just registered on ebay but it says i cannot use the contact seller untill ive been a member for 3 days. uuurrrgggggg....
yea, id definatly love to restore another rogers, and that 19 would be perfect. i allready have a motor for it too. thanks for your help man, i really appreciate it.

Squirtcha?
02-11-2005, 06:53 AM
Sure looks like a Rogers. It appears to still have the hin plate on it too. Wonder how he could confuse it for a Cheetah? Looks to be pretty solid and a good project.
http://i17.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/63/52/29_12_sb.JPG

old rigger
02-11-2005, 06:56 AM
Vic,
I sent the guy an e-mail for you. If he responds, I'll pass it along to you.
That's a Rogers for sure (or at least that's where it came from. I don't remember Burns splashing that boat) Although there doesn't appear to be any holes from the emblem on the dash. All rogers had an emblem, either there or, like you know, on the gunales. Could be a splash, I don't remember using that little id tag on the inside of the gunnale at rogers, but I'm old and losing my mind.
Plus, I just noticed, we never mounted the ST control in the gunale, always in a side panel. Course, this could have been changed by someone down the line. :cool:

Squirtcha?
02-11-2005, 07:06 AM
I've got a buddy that has a Bonneville and I made the change on the ST from panel to gunwale just like this one. It had gotten all sloppy after 25+ years of use/abuse.
His does have the emblem on the dash like OR said.
http://jetboat.homestead.com/files/motorbackt.jpg
http://jetboat.homestead.com/files/mmmmmotort.jpg

roostwear
02-11-2005, 07:50 AM
Did anyone ask for the HIN from the seller?

old rigger
02-11-2005, 08:22 AM
http://jetboat.homestead.com/files/motorbackt.jpg
Hey squirtcha,
Good looking rogers. Is that still the original material on the seats? I love cap jobs on his hulls. I see someone squeezed in an extra gauge between the last gauge on the right and the emblem. What'd they put in there?

old rigger
02-11-2005, 08:33 AM
I copied the pictured of the transom to my photo shop thing in my computer and blew up the area where the numbers are but it got to distorted to read. Anyone know how to make a digi image sharp again after it's enlarged? They make it look so easy on that Vegas show. lol

flat broke
02-11-2005, 08:42 AM
I tried to get it to clean up, but no luck. Not enough resolution in the image to begin with, and the numbers were too faint. :( Hopefully the guy will respond and Vic can go down and take a look see. At least its somewhat local.
Chris

Heatseeker
02-11-2005, 09:27 AM
Vic,
... I don't remember using that little id tag on the inside of the gunnale at rogers, but I'm old and losing my mind...:cool:
OR, you might be right... :smile:
Mine has that tag in the same place. It's USCG capacity plate. It says:
Maximum passenger capacity(lbs) 450
Maximum total capacity(lbs.) 500
I think I may have overloaded it once or twice!

old rigger
02-11-2005, 09:43 AM
OR, you might be right... :smile:
Thanks. Old and losing it. Quite a combo.
Funny, I can't remember for the life of me ever installing one of the ID plates on a Rogers. Other shops, yeah, but I can't recall his.
Opps, time to take my ginko.............

MudPumper
02-11-2005, 10:11 AM
Hey Vic, get a hold of Cyclone and have him run over there and check it out. He knows Rogers and the boat is in El Cajon, right next door to where Mike lives. The add says, "The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing." I'm sure it will be back.

cyclone
02-11-2005, 10:31 AM
Mudpumper is right Vic. That guy lives probably 5 miles from me. I'll take a look at it for you if you like. And i promise not to steal it out from under you for 250 bucks. what a great deal. :p

victorfb
02-11-2005, 11:15 AM
thanks guys. and mike that would be great if you have time to check it out. but from the looks of the pics im sure its still a deal. i havnt heard anything as of yet. no emails, but im hoping the reason he took it down early was the fact that it was listed as a cheetah not a rogers.
oldrigger, that little ID tag is on my 18 at the same place. like mentioned allready, its a US coast guard plate with capasities. not a rogers identification tag. i tried zooming in on the transum numbers too with no luck. but ill bet a nickle its a rogers. as for no holes in the dash were the emblem normally is, Roger told me he sometimes used stickers instead or put the emblems on the gunnels. its was allways up to the customer if they had a preferance. then again, you know better than i about all this stuff. im just trying to make excuses here. hahaha. i guess im getting my hopes up too high.
by the way. in the chance it all turns out great for me, does anyone have an extra trailer i can borrow? all i have right now is a 24'flat bed and would need alot of help loading it. at home the fork lift will do the rest.
ill keep you guys posted. thanks again for everyones help.

old rigger
02-11-2005, 01:39 PM
[QUOTE=
oldrigger, that little ID tag is on my 18 at the same place. like mentioned allready, its a US coast guard plate with capasities. not a rogers identification tag. [/QUOTE]
Yeah, I know what the tags are, I'm just drawing a blank on installing them at Rogers. :D

AZKC
02-11-2005, 01:49 PM
I copied the pictured of the transom to my photo shop thing in my computer and blew up the area where the numbers are but it got to distorted to read. Anyone know how to make a digi image sharp again after it's enlarged? They make it look so easy on that Vegas show. lol
Try saving it as a bitmap file then chop it :idea:

victorfb
02-11-2005, 01:55 PM
yea, i didnt mean it to sound like that. i just meant that i have one on my 18' and it was built in 74, so im sure they had em in 78 aswell. the question of how many 19s were built in 78 or was it 79 came up a while back and i wasnt sure if the numbers on the HIN meant how many in series of that year, or its entirety. did someone PM you about that recently?

victorfb
02-11-2005, 02:10 PM
well i finally got an email from the guy about the boat. he said it was the wrong pictures of the boat and thats it. still not sure if the rogers is for sale or not. ill let you know.

Boater Bill
02-11-2005, 02:32 PM
FYI there were/are no Rogers emblems on my ride and no holes filled in the dash either. Just the HIN thats starts with RCBXXXXXX to id it. Mine is an '85.

old rigger
02-11-2005, 02:34 PM
yea, i didnt mean it to sound like that. i just meant that i have one on my 18' and it was built in 74, so im sure they had em in 78 aswell. the question of how many 19s were built in 78 or was it 79 came up a while back and i wasnt sure if the numbers on the HIN meant how many in series of that year, or its entirety. did someone PM you about that recently?
Vic,
I didn't take one way or another. Just messin' with ya.
Nope, no one's PM'd me about anything.

78Southwind
02-11-2005, 08:05 PM
well i finally got an email from the guy about the boat. he said it was the wrong pictures of the boat and thats it. still not sure if the rogers is for sale or not. ill let you know.
Vic
I never received a response :hammerhea

roostwear
02-11-2005, 08:17 PM
Just another reminder...... Rogers owners..... take a minute and register your boat!
Rogers Registry (http://www.roostwear.com/rogersregistry.htm)

victorfb
02-11-2005, 11:46 PM
well i got an email from a guy named Anthony Filippone today. he claims he posted the wrong pictures, but it doesnt make sense since the add describes the rogers to a "T". i thought the cheetah had hard lines in the back transum, not rounded like the add describes. he said he has a bunch of boats and the rogers isnt for sale. so it looks like the rogers wont be makin its way to my place. i just hope it doesnt sit like that for too much longer. what a shame.
but thanks for all the help guys, too bad it was for nothing.

WUTWZAT
02-14-2005, 11:37 PM
Victor, I made a boat disappear from ebay today, just got home from picking it up. Probably not the one your looking for but a new hull for me.
Jason

moneysucker
02-15-2005, 12:14 AM
Victor, I made a boat disappear from ebay today, just got home from picking it up. Probably not the one your looking for but a new hull for me.
Jason
Saw yours today on e-bay. Good looking ride. You should be on the water in no time. Grease your bearing buddies and buy a spare tire. I do not trust single axle trailers.
cy

Danhercules
02-15-2005, 11:12 AM
$sucker, he plans to swap trailers with his current boat. Good move. I like 4 wheels too!!

WUTWZAT
02-15-2005, 08:52 PM
Dan, we are we going to start on your floors? I got some prep work to do before installing the motor but hear we may have rain. You'll probably be in Glamis while I am doing that. I put the new boat on the front lawn, lets see how long til the home owners assoc. says something. Just need to make it til Friday. I have a couple bits on my boat so far, one from someone I work with even.
Jason

Danhercules
02-15-2005, 09:04 PM
YO, Amy is home, you can drop it off when ever. Just call me.

TRG
02-16-2005, 08:20 AM
i dont know what you guys are talking about, my rogers came with a tag that said rogers in large script font and right under it it says bonneville!
what do you think about that?????

old rigger
02-16-2005, 08:30 AM
i dont know what you guys are talking about, my rogers came with a tag that said rogers in large script font and right under it it says bonneville!
what do you think about that?????
I'd like to see a pic of that, can you post one?

victorfb
02-16-2005, 09:01 AM
id like to see that too Todd. i dont remember seeing that on your hull. were is it?