PDA

View Full Version : bad vibrations

hoolign
09-02-2001, 03:52 PM
23.5 glastron carlson jet ,i have to ease into the throttle otherwise it will ride nose up for ever with a nasty vibration with 6 people in the boat,unless i get a couple of them to stand up front until it's on plane,then its fine,no diverter. when theres only 2-4 people in the boat its a little slow out of the hole but manages to get on plane without rearranging the seating,

jroos
09-02-2001, 04:07 PM
Do you have a wedge installed? If not do you porpoise at speed or even lean to a side. If so you could have a hook. If not sounds as if the hull has water in it(under the floor).

hoolign
09-02-2001, 04:41 PM
, the hull was done last year by the previous owner, no porpiseing, no wedge,water hmmmm?
better check that one,yeah good idea, thnx hooli.

EDROE
09-04-2001, 08:43 PM
GIVING IT ENOUGH TROTTLE? WHEN I take off I mash the thottle to the floor , once its planing I let up and cruise

hoolign
09-06-2001, 12:02 PM
if i keep it at full throttle it just cavatates and makes a hell of a vibration, once it's on plane no vibration and runs fine,it's a heavy boat but even so with only 4 people in it it should still get on plane without putting people up front

Joker
09-06-2001, 01:49 PM
What size impellor are you running and how much horsepower????

hoolign
09-06-2001, 02:03 PM
it's a A impeller with a pretty much stock 460 ford

Joker
09-06-2001, 02:15 PM
Might want to try an "A-2" impellor to help your hole shot....may lose a little on top end but will lower your rpm at cruisin speed. The A-2 will grab more water and if all of you clearances are correct should limit the amount of cavitation at blast off. The "A" you are running how are the clearances...wear ring...and the low pressure side veins are they smooth....I am not sure but I would say that if your pump and impellor are in good shape that should be an okay set up for your stock 460

Eric
09-06-2001, 02:32 PM
I would check the leading edges of your impeller. If they are dinged up it can cause a lot of cavatation. Get a flashlight and check the impeller from under the boat looking up into the pump intake. You could even have a small rock stuck in it.
Eric
[This message has been edited by Eric (edited September 06, 2001).]

Hallett19
09-06-2001, 03:06 PM
shit, I would check if you have a branch or something stuck in the impellar, I had a branch stuck in there once, it vibrated like a mother and would not plane, the nose would just stick in the air, a sharp edge of the impellar grabed a very small branch and would not let go, went in there with a coat hanger, voila..... check in there with a flashlight, real good, that could be your problem

hoolign
09-06-2001, 06:35 PM
dont see anything out of the ordinary, i think ill pull it apart tommorow and have a better look,not much summer left here in alberta

spectras only
09-06-2001, 07:22 PM
Hooligan, Your boat is getting to be a bit overweight for a stock 460 320 HP engine.I would change the cam in the winter to get a little more pep,and install a bennett trimtab system ,since the sound of it ,you carry a lot of people all the time.A placediverter is very good but I find the tab more useful for carrying load. Regardless of power in your engine ,you shouldn't have a vibration when you pull hard.You must remove the impeller and inspect for demage by rocks .

Hallett19
09-06-2001, 10:34 PM
spectras is right, those tabs are good times, I slaped those puppies on, quicker plane and they look cool when I wakeboard behind it http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gifand you can adjust them too

hoolign
09-07-2001, 07:54 AM
thnx for the input guy's this is the first boat over 18' that ive owned,i've got some pictures on disc that might interest you guy's but don't have a web site can i e- mail them to some one who can post them?

Jungle Boy
09-07-2001, 08:06 AM
A small rock or twig will cuase a lot of vibrations. If not, take it to Eagle and trade it in for a sport boat. Then you can boat right up to the ice on the river shows up. Plenty of water on the North sask, Upper and Lower Red Deer rivers. Sylvan Lake is too full of cops and PWC.

hoolign
09-07-2001, 08:15 AM
never had a problem in sylvan except with the bitch who ownes that houseboat,and the pwc's were funny with the last boat,one guy was tryin to race and a quick left with the tail up rendered left it driverless,even he had a good laugh

hoolign
09-07-2001, 08:15 AM
never had a problem in sylvan except with the bitch who ownes that houseboat,and the pwc's were funny with the last boat,one guy was tryin to race and a quick left with the tail up rendered left it driverless,even he had a good laugh