PDA

View Full Version : Jet owners

Excessive Force
02-11-2005, 09:21 AM
Where do you have problems on the river, where you wish you had a prop?

Nubbs
02-11-2005, 09:34 AM
At the gas pump, but that's it.

BowTie Rick
02-11-2005, 09:35 AM
Prop is not the issue, size is... 21 feet, shallow V, low freeboard is the issue. I just stay away from the lakes on the weekends. There are plenty of places north of Needles and south of Parker to play.

BowTie Rick
02-11-2005, 09:36 AM
That too :frown: :D :frown:

BarryMac
02-11-2005, 09:36 AM
Yeap, what Nubbs said...

HCS
02-11-2005, 09:39 AM
Jets suck and blow and all that other stuff people are going to say.
Just thought I'd be first. :D

Sportin' Wood
02-11-2005, 09:39 AM
Yeap, what Nubbs said...
I'm with nubbs also.

Excessive Force
02-11-2005, 09:42 AM
gotcha. "traction " is not the problem. Its the bumpy ass ride. Been looking for a used jet, cant find any especially on boattrader. anywhere esle i can look?

Wet Dream
02-11-2005, 09:45 AM
Its not the bumpy ride. That all depends on the hull.

manuel
02-11-2005, 09:48 AM
In this situation a prop would of gotten the job done,
When to use a prop boat (http://reddingemployment.com/news/past/20030625toplo024.shtml) :rolleyes:

BarryMac
02-11-2005, 09:49 AM
Jets have a down side, they are usually a smaller boat with less freeboard, that usually means that when the big boys are out your sitting on the sandbar so you don't lose a kidney or two. The advantages are that you can go where they can't, I left a couple of friends behind last year because thier I/O's couldn't go where I could plus if you have a Diverter it's a hell of a lot of fun...

casean
02-11-2005, 09:52 AM
gotcha. "traction " is not the problem. Its the bumpy ass ride. Been looking for a used jet, cant find any especially on boattrader. anywhere esle i can look?
How new or old of a jet boat are you looking for? If your looking for a newer one, the Ultra web site usually has a good selection of used jet boats.
I'm with Nubbs on the gas deal.

Excessive Force
02-11-2005, 09:52 AM
whatts freeboard? kind of a newb

Excessive Force
02-11-2005, 09:54 AM
How new or old of a jet boat are you looking for? If your looking for a newer one, the Ultra web site usually has a good selection of used jet boats.
as new as i can get, im limited to bout 30-35ktops

casean
02-11-2005, 09:54 AM
It's what our jet boat is missing :D I'm sure someone on here can give you a far better technical answer.

BarryMac
02-11-2005, 09:56 AM
as new as i can get, im limited to bout 30-35ktops
here's one that is for sale on the boards right now, it looks pretty clean and in you price range.
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70573

Excessive Force
02-11-2005, 09:56 AM
dont wanna get a jet and completely regret it

essexjet
02-11-2005, 09:57 AM
Jets have a down side, they are usually a smaller boat with less freeboard, that usually means that when the big boys are out your sitting on the sandbar so you don't lose a kidney or two. The advantages are that you can go where they can't, I left a couple of friends behind last year because thier I/O's couldn't go where I could plus if you have a Diverter it's a hell of a lot of fun...
Yeah what he said. I found it a little rough out in the open in havasu during the afternoon chop. But going up river is awesome, around needles up to laughlin is a fun ride. All I need is 18" of water and I'm gone :D

BarryMac
02-11-2005, 10:02 AM
dont wanna get a jet and completely regret it
The only things you may regret are, if you want something that gets terrific mileage per gallon of gas (jets are gas HOGS) and if you wan't something larger than 22'.

riverbound
02-11-2005, 10:02 AM
I have had pretty much every type of propulsion on a boat and dont regret my jet at all. I love the lack of maintainence, the fact that anyone can drive it, and the fact that my kids can swim around the back of the boat without getting hurt. Its also nice to be able to prk at the sand bar and not have to worry. The gas thing is not that big of a deal to me. The one downside to me far outwieghs the upside, plus jets are alot easier to manuever than a prop boat.

Wet Dream
02-11-2005, 10:04 AM
FREEBOARD The distance from the deck lip to the water

Excessive Force
02-11-2005, 10:05 AM
ok so how bad is the mileage per gallon?

BarryMac
02-11-2005, 10:06 AM
I hope that I am right on this, free board is the amount of boat that is above the waterline while underway and at rest. My particular boat has about 2' of boat above the water line, I've seen some that are no more than 6inches...

Excessive Force
02-11-2005, 10:09 AM
ok so if im translating correctly, flatter boat equals less of a 'v' therefore gets slammed about a bit in chop?

Wet Dream
02-11-2005, 10:11 AM
ok so if im translating correctly, flatter boat equals less of a 'v' therefore gets slammed about a bit in chop?
You're learning ;)

Excessive Force
02-11-2005, 10:13 AM
:idea:

BarryMac
02-11-2005, 10:13 AM
ok so how bad is the mileage per gallon?\?
Bad, I can burn 40 gallons in a day pretty easy, that is if I'm running arouind a lot, I can alos make it last the entire weekend, but that is sitting on the Sandbar playing HorseShoes and playing Football with the kids.
That is correct, a flatboattom is going to beat the hell out of you in light to moderate chop, in my boat I can handle 1' - 2' chop pretty good, any bigger and it is a very bumpy ride...

riverbound
02-11-2005, 10:16 AM
ok so how bad is the mileage per gallon?
If you run a fairly stock motor and have a tight pump and stay easy on the go pedal it really isnt that bad.

Excessive Force
02-11-2005, 10:17 AM
Bad, I can burn 40 gallons in a day pretty easy, that is if I'm running arouind a lot, I can alos make it last the entire weekend, but that is sitting on the Sandbar playing HorseShoes and playing Football with the kids.
Thanks for all your replies guys. How much do you burn from say Laughlin to Havasu? That is what I do alot of and know how much my old boat would burn. KNow it prob wont compare but for more or less an idea.

essexjet
02-11-2005, 10:18 AM
I can make it on one tank (48 gallons) but need to refuel before heading back

AZKC
02-11-2005, 10:20 AM
48 gallons :eek: How long is the drive?

casean
02-11-2005, 10:21 AM
Thanks for all your replies guys. How much do you burn from say Laughlin to Havasu? That is what I do alot of and know how much my old boat would burn. KNow it prob wont compare but for more or less an idea.
I've never gone that far before, but going from Havasu to Topock, then back to Havasu uses about 40 gallons. That's with me running about 3500-4000 RPMs the majority of the trip.

Excessive Force
02-11-2005, 10:21 AM
Thats pretty bad. if it was a prop would it be a significant fuel increase considering same engines?

Excessive Force
02-11-2005, 10:22 AM
48 gallons How long is the drive?
Bout 50 miles?

essexjet
02-11-2005, 10:29 AM
Thats also WOT all the way there.

AZKC
02-11-2005, 10:30 AM
one way or round trip?

AZKC
02-11-2005, 10:31 AM
Thats also WOT all the way there.
That explains alot :mix: I know the feelin though, gota get there ;)

essexjet
02-11-2005, 10:31 AM
one way or round trip?
50 mile one way (I believe)

Excessive Force
02-11-2005, 10:33 AM
If your boat was a prop. how much improvement would ther be?guesses?

plaster dave
02-11-2005, 10:36 AM
well I spend about $ 300.00 a day on Havi.

BarryMac
02-11-2005, 10:44 AM
My guess and only a guess would be you'd use about half with a prop versus a Jet, but the advantages out weigh the gas use, less dangerous (no Prop to slice yourslef or someone else) cheaper to maintain and shallow water friendly, plus chicks dig guys with jetboats... :D :D

essexjet
02-11-2005, 10:45 AM
not sure. any help out there? :hammer2:

essexjet
02-11-2005, 10:47 AM
less dangerous (no Prop to slice yourslef or someone else)
I bet scream wished he had a jet :D

Excessive Force
02-11-2005, 10:49 AM
Well all i can afford is a 22' so it may as well be a jet. ican always sell it if it eats me outta house and home!

BarryMac
02-11-2005, 10:50 AM
I bet scream wished he had a jet :D
That's exactly what I told him when he posted the pictures, Deb even commented that she has always wanted a JetBoat... So it's true, Chicks dig JetBoats...

Hustler
02-11-2005, 10:51 AM
I dont think you can really compare but a prop will get far better milage and thats only if you dont leave a good chunk of it up by Laughlin. My boat holds close 60 gallons and I drive from Needles to the sand bar and back on a 1/4 tank on each side (2 30 gallon tanks on each side)

manuel
02-11-2005, 11:05 AM
Where can you take a family out for a whole day of healthy fun and great memories for the cost of a tank of gas ?, my 25' slug with a 468" burns up 30 gallons a day, mostly spent at 4,500rpm.
I think it's an entertainment bargain, :) and the enviro-nazi's can't blame us for slicing up any manatees :rolleyes:
Go for the jet, Manuel

Excessive Force
02-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Where can you take a family out for a whole day of healthy fun and great memories for the cost of a tank of gas ?, my 25' slug with a 468" burns up 30 gallons a day, mostly spent at 4,500rpm.
truedat! 25' w a jet?

manuel
02-11-2005, 11:25 AM
Sleekcraft and Hawaiian both made 26' jets back in their day, Kachina still has a 24' I think ?, mine is here, 25' Sleekcraft jet (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/950DCP01362.JPG) Manuel

Excessive Force
02-11-2005, 11:33 AM
does it handle as well as say a 21'?

SCUBA STEVE
02-11-2005, 12:19 PM
So it's true, Chicks dig JetBoats...
Why do you think I am keeping my boat after all. lol
I have only owned 2 jet boats, so I can not compare props to Jets from a gas stand point. But most prop boat drivers say Jet boat drivers can not drive. lol Thats until they get behind the wheel of a jet boat, that sh*t is not that easy. :cool:

Ziggy
02-11-2005, 12:28 PM
I have only owned 2 jet boats, so I can not compare props to Jets from a gas stand point. But most prop boat drivers say Jet boat drivers can not drive. lol Thats until they get behind the wheel of a jet boat, that sh*t is not that easy. :cool:
There are certain things I really, really miss about my jet, but the fuel consumption is not one of them. I had two wacka boats before the jet and they hauled anus but the jet was a safe alternative for us and the youngsters at the time. Now with the I/O I still get a little nervous around the less deep areas :220v: but am getting acustomed to it.

Excessive Force
02-11-2005, 12:58 PM
You decided to keep it? Jets are hard to drive?

78Anthonyjet
02-11-2005, 01:04 PM
I just picked up the new boat and rv trader today, there a about 10-15 jets in there. On page 37 is a 95 eliminator daytona, 21'0" for 20k, nice looking boat.

ITS ALL GOOD
02-11-2005, 01:04 PM
I have owned both prop and jet in similar boats , both with the 454 330 hp , prop was a 1994 advantage 20.5 classic br , and the jet (I currently still own) is a 2001 advantage 20.5 classic br. The prop got a little better fuel mileage but at the cost of a new prop or a prop repair when you go to the river or if you go out in the off season, it is worth the extra fuel on the jet, also agree with others with 2 small kids it is a lot safer , and there is nothing like the feeling of going up river at sunset at wide open throttle at 65 + mph,all and all it worth it to own a jet and I highly recommend it, and over time you will learn where you feel comfortable boating and under what conditions and you just adapt. and besides ROOSTER TAILS LOOK COOL ..

manuel
02-11-2005, 03:11 PM
Jets are hard to drive?
Yes, the kids fall out and I spill my beer everytime I try this,
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/%7Eroberts/spinout.mpeg
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~roberts/scott.wmv :p

Floored
02-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Willow Valley marina to the sandbar and back on 18 gallons of gas, with my 18 ft jet. willow is 3 miles south of the Avi. Cruising from 3-4500 rpm's and just generally farting around. Love a V-drive but my jet is a kick and gotta be a good grandpa. Safety was my reason for the jet with kids and 6 1/2 inches of freeboard isn't much, but my bilge pumps aren't scared. 4 1/2 years on pump and engine with just grease, oil and new points.

HandsOn
02-11-2005, 03:52 PM
What about yamaha's line of 23' twin jets.

HOOTER SLED-
02-11-2005, 03:59 PM
I think we are missing a key point here. Jet boaters spray more spunk!!!!!! Any questions??????? :D :D

Hustler
02-11-2005, 04:13 PM
I think we are missing a key point here. Jet boaters spray more spunk!!!!!! Any questions??????? :D :D
Only you could come up with a responce like that :rollside: :D

BarryMac
02-11-2005, 04:15 PM
Jets are hard to drive?
Not hard to drive, just different to drive than an I/O, just takes a little longer to get use to it, once you do it's hella fun...

HOOTER SLED-
02-11-2005, 04:18 PM
Only you could come up with a responce like that :rollside: :D
LOL :D :D I gotta give it up to you though, that was some big spunk you were sprayin at OP6. I feel so inadequate, mine was a spurt. :frown:

Hustler
02-11-2005, 04:24 PM
Ha lol Wait till this year buddy, I'll have gerth :jawdrop:

Excessive Force
02-11-2005, 05:07 PM
Not hard to drive, just different to drive than an I/O, just takes a little longer to get use to it, once you do it's hella fun...
Whats different about it, help a newbie out. if its the steering while coasting thats no big deal, i think.

Havasu Hangin'
02-11-2005, 05:09 PM
...plus jets are alot easier to manuever than a prop boat.
:confused:

Jbb
02-11-2005, 05:44 PM
Dont forget......Chicks dig jetboats ....Loud ones....O'ops ...delete the loud part for those on the West Coast.... :D :D :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-11-2005, 05:46 PM
We figured it out one day and we get 2 mpg in our 20' jet with a 454. So with 2 20 gallon tanks. It costs a lot more in gas, but we can go more places than a prop can. It's really just a matter of choice. Look at it this way. If you get a jet and don't like it, sell it and get an I/O. You can always change your mind. It's okay. Even though you're not a woman, we'll let you. :D

Mohavekid
02-11-2005, 05:55 PM
A jet is not all that bad compared to a prop boat if the motor is run at the same RPM. There will likely be a speed difference, so your looking at added run time going from point A to point B, but nothing outrageous.
A boat is an expensive toy to own and operate, even if the jet uses twice the fuel as a prop boat, your only talking about a few hundred $$$ over the course of a busy boating season. If you're looking to buy new, I believe the cost of the boat equipped with a jet is quite a bit less than the same boat equipped with a stern drive.

LOWRIVER2
02-11-2005, 05:55 PM
Hi EF,
Here's my dime,
Owned two jet boats over last 10 years, drove a 16ft. outboard and a small block 18ft. I/O a lot growing up.
If you're doing the river thing primarily, the jet is easier to keep from damaging (broken prop vs. sucking a rock). I would'nt run my boat on the lake on a big weekend but I could with due regard of the conditions. Remember that while fuel is cheaper on an I/O or O/B, the price to rebuild a jet is a LOT cheaper than a rebuild on an I/O upper/lower or both.
A 20.5-21 open bow daycruiser has plenty of room for it's size for a small family and when powered by a big block (502 in my case), the low end torque of a jet is more fun/responsive to drive compared to a small block I/O. You also won't notice the loss of performance as much with a big block when you add bodies, ice chests and all the other gear.
Think about how long you plan to own the boat too. A lot of folks move on from the 21's into 25-28ft. I/O's to go play on the lakes. The only folks still interested in used 21's these days are the jetters like me who boat in shallow water areas. I can say with confidence that you'll sell a 21 ft. jet much faster these days than a similar 21 in I/O. One look around here and you'll see the proof of that.
The key to driving a jet: small, controlled movements with the steering wheel (you'll want to overcompensate at first) and remember that "gas is good" in jet driving as it is with motorcycles to get you out of trouble for control. Also, I learned that throwing the bucket in reverse and mashing the throttle made my 19 footer stop pretty quickly. Good emergency stop.
Another option is a 21ft. O/B. While there's not a lot of them, they get the best fuel economy (oxymoron for boats?) and with a jack plate, they can run almost as shallow as a jet. I'd say they're resale is'nt as hot either as O/B tech. is changing even as we speak.
I ran the same stretch of river you run back in the mid 90's with a stock big block powered 19ft. Eliminator Liberty. It had two 15 gal. tanks and I made the run on one refuel. About 40 gals. used if I remember right.
If you're interested in new or used quality jet boats, PM me and I'll put you in touch with some good dealers who won't BS you and can answer any boat questions without being "sales heavy".
Good luck on your search,
LR

dupers
02-11-2005, 06:05 PM
I didn't get my boat with fuel consumption in mind! Jets can't be beat for running on the river in shallow water. There's no question that props are better for all around use, but I wouldn't trade mine for anything!!!!

77charger
02-11-2005, 07:13 PM
I grew up on jet boats with the right work and easy foot yes you can get good econo and mpg.(at least for smaller boats 19ft low freeboard and under)they have the advantage in shallow water for sure esp for idling.Inow have a 21 ft i/o it does agreat job for me but when i go to aha quin area i do miss the jet i have to stay in certain areas to be safe vs the jet where i almost made it to lost lake from there just ran short on gas so i turned around.also ran jet boat aground on rock bar repair was about 400 max if i did that with the i/o i cant imagine the cost but overall i like the i/o since it is very fuel efficient
If i bought an under 19ft v bottom jet is the way to go,over that it is a waste go for v drive or i/o
My current boat is a 21 elim with a 350 mag 255pshp and i/o it will take a 502 motor in a boat of equal size with a jet to keep up but will use twice the gas too top speed is 60mph on gps.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-11-2005, 07:30 PM
The only folks still interested in used 21's these days are the jetters like me who boat in shallow water areas.
That's not true. Ours is on Mohave most of the time, and we like Havasu, also. We have taken it on Mead twice, but got the crap beat out of us, so we don't go there anymore. But these boats are not reserved only for the "river" part of the river by any means. That's what is so nice about the 20+ daycruiser. They are pretty versatile boats, IMO. Of course, I'm prejudice. I love my boat. I kinda like the driver, too. He's a hottie.http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_1.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZNxdm39696US')

77charger
02-11-2005, 07:35 PM
That's not true. Ours is on Mohave most of the time, and we like Havasu, also. We have taken it on Mead twice, but got the crap beat out of us, so we don't go there anymore. But these boats are not reserved only for the "river" part of the river by any means. That's what is so nice about the 20+ daycruiser. They are pretty versatile boats, IMO. Of course, I'm prejudice. I love my boat. I kinda like the driver, too. He's a hottie.http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_1.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZNxdm39696US')
same here lr i use mine in mohave,powell,and havasu as well as local lakes.I really think mine rides really good to for a 21 i feel comfortable going to havsu on 3 day weekend also did a 3 day journey at powell this past summer i could have gone with a bigger boat but to me i don need it i like to waterski also and i can get by taking it to the lower river parts just using more caution.

BarryMac
02-11-2005, 08:16 PM
Whats different about it, help a newbie out. if its the steering while coasting thats no big deal, i think.
For me it was getting use to the lack of steering when no gas is being given, I got use to that very quick. If I can do it, anyone can...

Excessive Force
02-11-2005, 09:57 PM
For me it was getting use to the lack of steering when no gas is being given, I got use to that very quick. If I can do it, anyone can...
I have an I/O now and thats not that easy to steer w/o gas. I suppose that tiny fin back there helps but not that much. Ive seen some jets w that same fin/rudder wouldnt that have the same steering effect for the jet?

ITS ALL GOOD
02-11-2005, 10:04 PM
Agreed we use ours on Mohave and the rivermostly with side trips to Havasu and Mead and for the most part handles all water fine, my advice buy a jet and enjoy life even when the river is low.

Sportin' Wood
02-11-2005, 10:07 PM
Its all a matter of opinion. My partner has a 21 Shockwave with an I/O. I don't really like driving his boat, But he loves mine. His is better on a long run mine is more fun to shoot roosts and spin around in. He like to ski behind his and so do I. Bottom line is that I don't think there is a perfect boat except the one you used to have or the one you want. that is why I like to make friends at the river so I can hang out on there boats as well. :D
For us the jet is what we like. I could buy a new bigger boat but I don't mind giving up gas milage or a great ride over the thrill of of what my boat offers.
If the lake gets blown out or chopped up just chill out and have a cold frosty beverage untill it gets calm. If you are running short on gas money haul ass to nice beach and spend the day swimming. Thats what we do half the time anyway.

Ultracrazy
02-12-2005, 12:20 AM
Hehehehe.......I just noticed your sig......I said was I was sorry for calling you a "jack wad" didn't I :) Seriously........after the explanation....I was the jack wad :(
UC

shueman
02-12-2005, 06:27 AM
I have had pretty much every type of propulsion on a boat and dont regret my jet at all. I love the lack of maintainence, the fact that anyone can drive it, and the fact that my kids can swim around the back of the boat without getting hurt. Its also nice to be able to prk at the sand bar and not have to worry. The gas thing is not that big of a deal to me. The one downside to me far outwieghs the upside, plus jets are alot easier to manuever than a prop boat.
You nail'd it... :hammerhea
We love our Yamaha....

kp216
02-12-2005, 06:33 AM
I have an I/O now and thats not that easy to steer w/o gas. I suppose that tiny fin back there helps but not that much. Ive seen some jets w that same fin/rudder wouldnt that have the same steering effect for the jet?
The fin on a jet will not have hardly any effect. If there is no water coming out of the jet, you can't turn. That's one of the major points you have to remember with a jet.
It's human nature that when you get in trouble, you get off the gas. With a jet, you HAVE to stay on the gas. You can, however stop a jet quickly by shifting to reverse and mashing the throttle. I had to stop mine one time in an emergency when a boat cut me off. It shut my forward movement down so fast that the bow went under. When that happens, you have to stay on the gas to pull the bow back up, and make sure that everyone is hanging on! :2purples:

Excessive Force
02-12-2005, 07:21 AM
The fin on a jet will not have hardly any effect. If there is no water coming out of the jet, you can't turn. That's one of the major points you have to remember with a jet.
Same would be true for the prop wouldnt it? if the prop was slid into idle say when docking the fin would have hardly any effect? Sorry to keep harping on the fin issue but it seems to me it would be just AS effective as it would be on a jet. :squiggle: No matter how you do it sooner or later you have to coast at idle, both would be the same, i think?

SCUBA STEVE
02-12-2005, 07:29 AM
EF, if you have a prop now, I think you should probably lake test a jet so you can see & feel the difference. :cool: You can drive mine and buy it for $31,700 :eek: :wink:

Mohavekid
02-12-2005, 07:49 AM
I own both a jet and a direct drive tournament ski boat.
The jet is much looser in the water.
Yes, the prop boat with the rudder does lose some turning ability as speed decreases, but as long as the boat is moving forward motor running or not, there is some control over direction. On the jet, there is no directional contol without the motor running and thrust being generated.
The jet handles differently, but not worse than the prop boat. Once you learn to drive the jet using the steering wheel and the thrust, you can easily park it anywhere.

Havasu Hangin'
02-12-2005, 07:59 AM
Same would be true for the prop wouldnt it? if the prop was slid into idle say when docking the fin would have hardly any effect? Sorry to keep harping on the fin issue but it seems to me it would be just AS effective as it would be on a jet. :squiggle: No matter how you do it sooner or later you have to coast at idle, both would be the same, i think?
At idle, an outdrive sits much deeper in the water than a jet's steering fin.
Here's my experience:
At idle, the jet seems to wander a little more, and has less of a turning radius than the outdrive. Reverse is much more precise in an outdrive boat.
On plane, the outdrive is more planted- jets will unload the pump in choppy water. Like others have mentioned, jets need thrust to turn. For example, picking up a skier in an outdrive boat is much easier (no gas needed to turn).
Other than idling, reverse, or on plane...jets handle much better than an outdrive.
:notam:

Mohavekid
02-12-2005, 08:29 AM
Other than idling, reverse, or on plane...jets handle much better than an outdrive.
If you want to just point the boat and not drive the boat you're right.
A jet does require more driver input to achieve what you want. Kind of like the difference in driving a car with an automatic transmision and a car with a manual transmission. The manual transmision requires the driver to think, plan ahead and manipulate the car. It's also why most will say a manual transmission car is more "fun" to drive than an automatic transamission car.

SandbarScot
02-12-2005, 08:38 AM
I have had a jet for about 6 years. All these comments are good. Kid safety was a big factor for me.
One negative on the jets that has not been mentioned: River weed in August. It blooms a lot. I have been completely disabled by sucking up weeds into the jet intake grate in the London Bridge channel last August and in Parker a few years ago..also in August.
I still love my jet though.

ahhell
02-12-2005, 08:45 AM
Freeboard was mentioned a few posts back....heres my 21 with 10 on board...didnt plane too quick and sucked gas, but rode smooth
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1518coppercanyon.jpg
and real squirrely with empty tanks, no one on board and WOT shooting a roost.... :D :D :D I LOVE IT

Havasu Hangin'
02-12-2005, 09:08 AM
A jet does require more driver input to achieve what you want.
Sure, you need more input, I would equate it more to a car that needs the rack and pinion replaced and has bald tires. Don't get me wrong, there's tradeoffs with both, but saying that a jet handles better than an outdrive is a stretch...there's some serious justification going on...
Asking jet owners what they think of their boats is almost as predictable as asking DCB owners what brand they prefer.

manuel
02-12-2005, 09:21 AM
Jets also aerate the water putting more oxygen in it for a healthier fish population, and with over transom exhaust we don't pump all our exhaust fumes into the water like O/B and I/O. protect our waters, buy a jet with zoomies :wink: (and a blower with birdcatcher intake to help control the mosquitos) :D

Havasu Hangin'
02-12-2005, 09:25 AM
Jets also aerate the water putting more oxygen in it for a healthier fish population, and with over transom exhaust we don't pump all our exhaust fumes into the water like O/B and I/O. protect our waters, buy a jet with zoomies :wink: (and a blower with birdcatcher intake to help control the mosquitos) :D
I like your logic...
http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de//happy/xyxthumbs.gif

RiverToysJas
02-12-2005, 09:44 AM
My Dad's cousin took a long trip down the Mississippi river, I think it was a week or two long. They had three boats, all 21 Spectra's. Two jets, and a V-drive. Simular power in each. At the end of the trip, the jets had used exactly twice the fuel of the v-drive.
RTJas :D

Mohavekid
02-12-2005, 10:28 AM
Sure, you need more input, I would equate it more to a car that needs the rack and pinion replaced and has bald tires. Don't get me wrong, there's tradeoffs with both, but saying that a jet handles better than an outdrive is a stretch...there's some serious justification going on...
Asking jet owners what they think of their boats is almost as predictable as asking DCB owners what brand they prefer.
I never said a jet handles better than an outdrive, I just said that with driver input and skill a jet is no more difficult to drive than a prop boat. :notam:
Obviously everyone has their own thoughts on which drive system is "better", and they are entitled to their opinion. But when the opinion expressed is based upon an obvious lack of experience, knowledge, skill or bias, how valuble can that opinion be? :boxed:
Have fun. I'm off the the garage to try to make my jet boat handle better... :2purples:

BarryMac
02-12-2005, 10:35 AM
All in all it is a personal preference, I personally bought a Jet because 90% of our boating is done on the Lower River, there are areas that the watere is 2' deep or less, also there was the safety factor, I have kids and didn't want them getting hurt on the prop and lastly it was the maintenance, with my old I/O I was spending upwards of $500.00 to service it a year, this past year to service my Carrera it cost me about $50.00 because I could do it myself. As I said, it all depends on you, what you want to achieve, if your concerned about gas mileage then a Jet is not for you but if you want to make the run from Laughlin to Havasu and not worry about taking off an outdrive then a Jet is perfect for you. BTW, I replaced the broken Skeg on my pump last year and noticed a very slight difference, this year I am going to run without it, just for shits and giggles...

Havasu Hangin'
02-12-2005, 10:43 AM
But when the opinion expressed is based upon an obvious lack of experience, knowledge, skill or bias, how valuble can that opinion be?
Yeah, I agree. People like us that have owned both for many years are probably few and far in between.

Excessive Force
02-12-2005, 10:49 AM
Sure, you need more input, I would equate it more to a car that needs the rack and pinion replaced and has bald tires.
That theres some funny shiot! This thread is starting to need some popcorn. I do appreciate all the help im getting tho.
Will sucking stuf into the intake disable you for the day or is it just a matter of holding ones breath and digging it out?
Scuba, how is it getting it on the trailer?
Lets see:
PROS...
Roost
Run in shallow water
CONS:
Sloppy at idle
Sloppy in reverse
Sloppy on plane
FOCK!

Havasu Hangin'
02-12-2005, 11:08 AM
And don't forget that a jet can be disabled by a garbage bag! Also, jets can go in shallow water (but don't like sucking up rocks or sand). :confused:
Actually, on the plus side, jets are much cheaper, simpler (less moving parts), require less maintenance, and require less attention (like raising it up and down).
Jets make a great first boat...kinda like a big PWC!
:D

Bullship
02-12-2005, 12:44 PM
If freeboard is a concern and ride is a concern look at the Hawaiian 24 foot jet.Deep v hull (24 degree) smooth ride,lots of freeboard and alot less money to buy new.

CrazyHippy
02-12-2005, 01:13 PM
As far as the mileage goes, i've gone from the AVI to Copper Cnyon and back on 25 Gallons That was a 60mph crusie though, it would have taken more gas if I had been in a hurry.
I run an OB. I have had to buy 3-400 dollars worth of tools, but can now tear it down and rebuild it in the garage. It will work the same if I build the lower unit, or if Mercury does it. How many garage jet re-builders get their pumps set up "tight?"
As far as the safety thing goes, i've spent my whole life around prop boats (about 6 months Dad had a jet too) and never cut myself. The only time I've ever heard of people cutting themselves, there has been MASSIVE amounts of alcohol involved... People have fallen down on the sidewalk after drinking, does that mean sidewalks are unsafe??
BTW my 20' closed bow boat seats 7 :D
BJH

LOWRIVER2
02-12-2005, 05:25 PM
You did'nt read my entire post Ms. Sport Wood,
I clearly wrote that for RESALE, the 21 jets have a bigger demand than 21 ft. I/O's and I CLEARLY posted that I could take my 21 on the lake, with caution.
If I went on the lake exclusively, I'd own a 25ft. vee bottom with an I/O. There is NO pro of owning a jet versus an I/O where water depth is not a concern, other than the safety issue and that's handled by taking the key out of the ignition and common sense.
As for handling, if I wanted to drive in straight lines across a lake for hours on end like I drive a car on the freeway, an I/O would be great. But then again, why own a boat? I already own a car for that.
You want excitement in driving a boat? Buy a 700+HP 18ft. Vdrive runner bottom. No 28ft.+ semi vee or cat can come close to the thrill and skill needed to operate that boat at 120+mph. Anyone can push a hand throttle forward and hull length/freeboard make up for shortcomings in driving skills and judgement. Running a down peddle and a throttle correctly for a sub 8 second pass separates the men from the boys.

77charger
02-12-2005, 05:35 PM
You want excitement in driving a boat? Buy a 700+HP 18ft. Vdrive runner bottom. No 28ft.+ semi vee or cat can come close to the thrill and skill needed to operate that boat at 120+mph. Anyone can push a hand throttle forward and hull length/freeboard make up for shortcomings in driving skills and judgement. Running a down peddle and a throttle correctly for a sub 8 second pass separates the men from the boys.
Yes i can say you are right on that there but go with 850hp and now you are talking.BTW that is why i drive a 21 ft i/o for lake and family and use the v drive for solo speed runs the flat does require all attetion when drivin and my boss will not let me use it if i have had ANY DRINKS even 1

SCUBA STEVE
02-12-2005, 05:41 PM
That theres some funny shiot! This thread is starting to need some popcorn. I do appreciate all the help im getting tho.
Will sucking stuf into the intake disable you for the day or is it just a matter of holding ones breath and digging it out?
Scuba, how is it getting it on the trailer?
Lets see:
PROS...
Roost
Run in shallow water
CONS:
Sloppy at idle
Sloppy in reverse
Sloppy on plane
FOCK!
RETRIEVING... oh fock That really depends on how the water is that day. You think you got it on, then the ass gets away from you! lol For me, it always takes 2 peeps getting that focker on. One driver and one stading in the water to guide it and hold it. I can do it once in a while by myself but I have to be on my A game to do it. My personal problem with my trailer is the winch is to high. If I go in too fast the bow will run into the winch, so I have to have the trailer lower in the water to avoid hitting it, that means the bunks are pretty much worthless as guides.
Once I let go of the gas thats where the ass gets away from me, (depending on the current & water level) Last time out I did nail it though. lol
:cool:

AirtimeLavey
02-12-2005, 06:04 PM
I have both. Just bought a bigger boat 24' w/prop, after 2 years of saying I gotta get a bigger boat. The jet (19' w/454) is fun if the water's smooth (at 6am), otherwise it beats the crap out of you. If you have women w/boobs in your group, they don't really dig it.
I've heard how props are more dangerous than jets, but just haven't heard very many instances (other than drunks) where there were serious injuries. Even with the jet, the engine is off when people are in the water.
As for shallower water w/the jet, mine will suck up the bottom if I get into 3' or less. Not much of a trade off, except for when I'm WOT and skim over a sandbar I didn't see coming. I have spent hours cutting out weeds and a semi-submerged ski rope from around the impeller shaft. I'll take that over $1000 outdrive repairs.
The gas money is steep if you're out for a few days, and doing more than parking and swimming (or drinking). You're looking at 100's for the weekend.
The kicker for me was getting caught out on Mohave a few times w/big chop (typical late summer afternoon), and feeling that if the motor quit, my family and I would have real serious issues. That's not a good feeling. I've also stabbed a couple waves, and that didn't feel good either. Fear is not what I want out of boating.
Bottomline, I think freeboard is the biggest issue. Then choose what you need to push it.

Excessive Force
02-12-2005, 07:15 PM
RETRIEVING... oh fock That really depends on how the water is that day. You think you got it on, then the ass gets away from you! lol For me, it always takes 2 peeps getting that focker on. One driver and one stading in the water to guide it and hold it. I can do it once in a while by myself but I have to be on my A game to do it. My personal problem with my trailer is the winch is to high. If I go in too fast the bow will run into the winch, so I have to have the trailer lower in the water to avoid hitting it, that means the bunks are pretty much worthless as guides.
Thats just the icing on this fudged up cake! Thought I was leaning toward the jet but now, FOCK! I may just take a chance and get it anyhow, like someone else said, I could always sell it. :squiggle: I must be in denial. Or I could start a new thread called "which I/O drive is best" Thanks to everyone for replying...im more confused than ever.J/K ...great peeps

HOOTER SLED-
02-12-2005, 07:47 PM
Man, putting the boat on the trailer is soooooo easy with a jet. I could practically parallel park that thing. And I have a shitty ass Panther that doesn't reverse for shit. It's all about timing. Idle to manuever, always take a straight shot. Use small spurts of the gas to move around. Did I get this right, Scuba you have a hard time doing this???? You rookie. :wink: I usually do this all myself. I spoil the wife too much.

HOOTER SLED-
02-12-2005, 07:50 PM
EF. Dude you need to get in and take a ride in both types to see what you like. Just remember, you're gonna have to get accustomed to whatever new boat you get regardless. Every boat is gonna feel different no matter what. Especially based on size, propulsion, and other factors as well.

SCUBA STEVE
02-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Man, putting the boat on the trailer is soooooo easy with a jet. I could practically parallel park that thing. And I have a shitty ass Panther that doesn't reverse for shit. It's all about timing. Idle to manuever, always take a straight shot. Use small spurts of the gas to move around. Did I get this right, Scuba you have a hard time doing this???? You rookie. :wink: I usually do this all myself. I spoil the wife too much.
Let's just say it's always an adventure for me, mostly because I dont think my trailer is set up that well. (pacific) I dont recall having this much trouble with my old flattie though. The third time out with my current boat I pulled off a trailer bunk. :jawdrop: EF I think you should just take some test runs before you make your final call. :D

Havasu Hangin'
02-12-2005, 07:59 PM
EF I think you should just take some test runs before you make your final call. :D
I agree. Don't listen to a bunch of idiots on the internet...drive one yourself.

Jbb
02-12-2005, 08:00 PM
I agree. Don't listen to a bunch of idiots on the internet...drive one yourself.
Idiot.... :D

SCUBA STEVE
02-12-2005, 08:05 PM
LMFAO... If I took the time to reasearch, drove both I/O and Jet in my hull, I probably would have went with the I/O. But damn those roosts got the best of me. :D
I would also test run where you plan on using the boat. I never test drove my model, and when I took delv we went straight to elsinore, it was December, (calm) I was in heaven compared to my flattie. Then we took it to Havasu.... OMG!!! :hammer2: :D

Havasu Hangin'
02-12-2005, 08:05 PM
Idiot.... :D
Yep.

HOOTER SLED-
02-12-2005, 08:06 PM
Let's just say it's always an adventure for me, mostly because I dont think my trailer is set up that well. (pacific) I dont recall having this much trouble with my old flattie though. The third time out with my current boat I pulled off a trailer bunk. :jawdrop: EF I think you should just take some test runs before you make your final call. :D
Yea I hear ya about the trailer. My 18 footer was a little tougher. BUt I think due to the fact that my 21 is a deeper V, even if I'm not exactly straight, the bunks usually suck me in and straighten out the boat perfectly. The key is to not back in too far. I noticed for me, if the front of the trailer fenders are just below the surface of the water, it's just right. Of course every boat and trailer set-up is gonna be different due to size.

Excessive Force
02-12-2005, 08:10 PM
But damn those roosts got the best of me.
I tell ya that sounds like one hell of a perrk!
Then we took it to Havasu.... OMG!!! thats what im skeered of. Like i said i like to do the Laughlin to Havasu run.

SCUBA STEVE
02-12-2005, 08:11 PM
Yea I hear ya about the trailer. My 18 footer was a little tougher. BUt I think due to the fact that my 21 is a deeper V, even if I'm not exactly straight, the bunks usually suck me in and straighten out the boat perfectly. The key is to not back in too far. I noticed for me, if the front of the trailer fenders are just below the surface of the water, it's just right. Of course every boat and trailer set-up is gonna be different due to size.
See if I leave it up, the bow hits the winch. Some times if the conditions are kind of bad, I leave a lot of the trailer out of the water, get the boat on the bunks, hook the boat, then have Monique back down slowly as I winch the boat up. Kind of a pain, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
Let me ask this question, do you gas it up the trailer like deep vee's do? I usually kill it and do the rest of the work manually. I don't think you can do anything manual with a deep vee. :confused:

SCUBA STEVE
02-12-2005, 08:12 PM
I tell ya that sounds like one hell of a perrk!
thats what im skeered of. Like i said i like to do the Laughlin to Havasu run.
I did a run from Topac to the channel, in August of 2003 (never again). That is a focken ride. Not just because of the jet, just because you get beat to ish!!! :D

HOOTER SLED-
02-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Like i said i like to do the Laughlin to Havasu run.
You could do that with either one. I personally would leave from Needles. The furthest up river MAYBE the Avi.

Havasu Hangin'
02-12-2005, 08:17 PM
Then we took it to Havasu.... OMG!!! :hammer2: :D
The thing that most people don't think of is the fact that a jet hull keel needs to be rounded to accept a jet intake. That rounded keel will make it land harder in fair sized-chop.
That's why if I was shopping for a boat that needed to handle some decent chop, I'd probably never buy a boat that is offered as a jet option- even as an I/O, the keel is probably the same shape.
Getting beat up scooting across Havasu (and having the pump unload constantly) makes for a loooong ride...as I'm sure you found out.

Excessive Force
02-12-2005, 08:17 PM
That is a focken ride. Not just because of the jet, just because you get beat to ish!!!
Hope you got seatbelts in yours! shotty ride is from lack of v right,its moe flatter?

SCUBA STEVE
02-12-2005, 08:21 PM
The thing that most people don't think of is the fact that a jet hull keel needs to be rounded to accept a jet intake. That rounded keel will make it land harder in fair sized-chop.
That's why if I was shopping for a boat that needed to handle some decent chop, I'd probably never buy a boat that is offered as a jet option- even as an I/O, the keel is probably the same shape.
Getting beat up scooting across Havasu (and having the pump unload constantly) makes for a loooong ride...as I'm sure you found out.
Catching some sick air!!! lol :D I have learned the hard way. :D
EF here is a roost pic from my boat, it was a nice off weekend in Havi, coming back from the Sandbar.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/366108_0853.JPG

HOOTER SLED-
02-12-2005, 08:23 PM
See if I leave it up, the bow hits the winch. Some times if the conditions are kind of bad, I leave a lot of the trailer out of the water, get the boat on the bunks, hook the boat, then have Monique back down slowly as I winch the boat up. Kind of a pain, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
Let me ask this question, do you gas it up the trailer like deep vee's do? I usually kill it and do the rest of the work manually. I don't think you can do anything manual with a deep vee. :confused:
I usually idle up with the stick almost straight up. I try to let the momentum of the boat just glide me up. Then I cut the engine with just enough time to walk up to the bow and walk out the front of the boat. I'm telling you, it works great like 98% of the time. Mine is easier too cuz I don't have a winch. I have a Trail-Rite trailer with the old school type bar that swings up and fastens with a pin.

SCUBA STEVE
02-12-2005, 08:24 PM
I usually idle up with the stick almost straight up. I try to let the momentum of the boat just glide me up. Then I cut the engine with just enough time to walk up to the bow and walk out the front of the boat. I'm telling you, it works great like 98% of the time. Mine is easier too cuz I don't have a winch. I have a Trail-Rite trailer with the old school type bar that swings up and fastens with a pin.
Cheater. :cry: :cool:

HOOTER SLED-
02-12-2005, 08:25 PM
Idiots, hey I know where you live there buddy!!! ;) ;)

HOOTER SLED-
02-12-2005, 08:29 PM
Cheater. :cry: :cool:
Don't be hatin'. :D My 18 footer had a winch though, so I know what you're talking about. If it was rough at the launch ramp, I would just cut it early and walk it the rest of the way to the winch.

Havasu Hangin'
02-12-2005, 08:34 PM
Idiots, hey I know where you live there buddy!!! ;) ;)
I don't know what you are talking about...I live in the Bahamas. :wink:
You guys better quit whining about getting your boats on the trailer. My boat is so tall, that if I'm turning left, and there is a crosswind from the left, the boat will go to the right no matter how hard I turn it (or how much gas I give it).
:eek:
Trailering it is always an adventure. :hammerhea

SCUBA STEVE
02-12-2005, 08:36 PM
Don't be hatin'. :D My 18 footer had a winch though, so I know what you're talking about. If it was rough at the launch ramp, I would just cut it early and walk it the rest of the way to the winch.
lol, I think the worst part is when you fock up on a crowded launch ramp, or when your tires spin up the ramp. :D 4x4 is on the list right next to new boat. :D

HOOTER SLED-
02-12-2005, 08:38 PM
You guys better quit whining about getting your boats on the trailer. My boat is so tall, that if I'm turning left, and there is a crosswind from the left, the boat will go to the right no matter how hard I turn it (or how much gas I give it).
:eek:
Trailering it is always an adventure. :hammerhea
You should put a jet drive in that big ass boat. :D ;)
I must say, I would not mind having that problem to deal with in a big ass boat. :D

SCUBA STEVE
02-12-2005, 08:40 PM
I must say, I would not mind having that problem to deal with in a big ass boat. :D
Well said. :D

BarryMac
02-12-2005, 08:41 PM
The only problem would be trying to figure out where to mount the brass pole... :2purples:

Excessive Force
02-12-2005, 08:42 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/366108_0853.JPG
Dam you!!! Lets see, lose my hair and Roost vs. No roost, full head o hair?
I didnt know about the rounded keel, Im learning :hammerhea

Havasu Hangin'
02-12-2005, 08:44 PM
Another strange thing is when I'm pulling it onto the trailer, the truck pretty much disappears under the bow. I just pray that I hit the bow stop...
:supp:
Twin jets? I'll need to buy an oil refinery...

BarryMac
02-12-2005, 08:46 PM
Here's mine heading up river from Hidden Shores (Lower River) had the wife snap it, I look at it every now and then thinkin, I can't wait to use the anti PWC toy... :D :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1628DSC01226.JPG

Excessive Force
02-12-2005, 08:48 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1628DSC01226.JPG
Ok, im swaying!

Excessive Force
02-12-2005, 08:48 PM
does it make for good wake boarding....looks good

BarryMac
02-12-2005, 08:51 PM
They put off a decent wake, definitely good enough IMO...

shueman
02-12-2005, 08:56 PM
Gas it on the trailer. Leave the bunks half way out and drive it on the trailer. The bunks will stop and center the boat. Hook it to the winch and pull it up tight, back it down a bit if needed.
My old 18' bubbledeck didn't have winch....

BLEWBAYOU1
02-12-2005, 09:04 PM
On my 18' Eliminator If I leave 2" of the front of the fender out of the water my boat loads very easy.(most ramps, steep ramps are a bitch). I load it every time by myself with few problems. There are the windy days and current issues on the rivers. But the same problems with a prop boat. The wind effects a boat with more freeboard than a low profile boat at slow speed. What I like with a jet is you can maneuver it around at the docks so easy,and park in between two boats at the docks with ease. You can literally
move the boat sideways with a little practice. That and stop the boat with out gear grind and turn the boat 180degrees within the length of the boat. If your worried about gas buy a canoe. :jawdrop:
Brian :D

HOOTER SLED-
02-12-2005, 09:13 PM
Obviously different shaped hulls put off different wakes. Most jetboats are probably just OK for wakeboarding for a couple of reasons. First, the jet drive is gonna churn up the water behind the boat even if you have the nozzle all the way down. Second, depending on power plant, is the boat gonna get out of the hole quick enough and plane. Or are you gonna not make it a smooth take off for the wakeboarder. Wakeboarders need slower speed than skiers or tubers. My boat sucks for wakeboarders. But another jetboat may be OK. Ultimately, you need to determine what the most important needs are for the boating you want to do. Wakeboarding, river running, roost fun, low speed operation, WHERE ARE YOU GONNA PRIMARILY BOAT, rougher water, kids having to enter rear with prop, lake lice elimination :D ,.
Find out what your needs are on the water, then cater your decision around that. Dude face it, either way you are gonna be stoked and enjoy what you get. And at some point in time you'll get to a bigger boat and a jet drive won't be an option. Someday I'm gonna miss my squirter. :(

HOOTER SLED-
02-12-2005, 09:15 PM
The only problem would be trying to figure out where to mount the brass pole... :2purples:
Someday Barry, sooooomeday. :D :devil:

hoolign
02-12-2005, 09:21 PM
My take is this...you wake up at 5 in the morning, you grab a coffee, wake the woman and the kid up, put your asses in the truck, head down to the launch by 6, give it a crank to make it fire ( the neighbors stretch their necks like ostiriges)
you sut down ,back in , load the crew iinto the boat, push off..let er float tilll you get seated, and your gear stowed, turn the key....let 790 hp of chevy spring to life...push the jet o vator conrol forward, watch the temp start to climb...look around and see people looking at you in discust as they sip their maxwell house instant, read the temp at 90 and start on the foot pedal, get the revs up to 2500 for a 5 minute cruise in your general direction, keep the handle all the way forward... watching the temp. pulll back the last of the coffee, pas the cup to the wife...turn the hat around...give the kid a grin...and stomp it ... check the GPS and as soon as he sets back down ,, back on the handle to pull up the tail!,, grab the coffee cup from the wife ...look back at the kids smile..and haul the beaches at 90 mph!! with 200 FT tail it's time to get up folks! give the finger to some and Kudos to most!..drop the wife off at the truck to warm it back up..take off with the kid give him the GPS ...get on plane and tach shit out! look over to see the GPS at 112 MPH across lake Okanogan!...and the biggest grin you have ever seen on a kid!..throttle down with out swamping put your 14 year old kid in the seat, get him on plane ..then get him to matt shit!!!...the best feeling I have ever had is from the exitement I saw on my boys face at over 100 mph in our boat before she burnt up....I jets rule, and I got my head in a pale so dont bitch about spelling! :D

TRG
02-12-2005, 09:23 PM
there's something nice about hustling in a two seater over 3' of water 80-90mph, i guess that would be a little more difficult in something over 21' and with an outdrive! :D

CrazyHippy
02-12-2005, 09:32 PM
there's something nice about hustling in a two seater over 3' of water 80-90mph, i guess that would be a little more difficult in something over 21' and with an outdrive! :D
yeah, because my Lower unit is in the water 15" below the bottom of the boat, and the boat is 2-3 inches deep :sleeping:
I've run through 2' of water on plane. Not a real good idea, but it's doable :D :jawdrop: :D
BJH

blownrat
02-13-2005, 07:10 AM
we have a87 tahiti blown 505ci chevy 21 feet holds 50 gals-25 per side . if we stay out of carbs, do norm stuff ski, tube, wakebroad, tank will go all day and some to spare.