PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Homes & Rain (not good)

Not So Fast
02-11-2005, 09:25 AM
If you are in the process of building a house DO NOT USE ALENCO windows. It has been raining & raining way to much, I know, I know we need it but so far I've had to repair my roof for a leak and of course the drywall. Now I have noticed that my windows are leaking, mainly from the eyebrow above the window so I'll get my caulk gun ready for when and if it ever stops raining. I guess it's better than living in La Conchita or where ever that landslide happened but it's still a pain in the ass. My sons house also leaked at the eyebrows over his windows, I dont know what brand his builder used though. He caulked with clear and so far so good. Moral of the story "don't have windows with decorative eyebrows" they look cool but*&^&^%$ leak. Normal rain fall for Havasu I think is somewhere around 3 in a year and we have tripled that already, of course they say this hasn't helped the drought, we need at least three more winters like this. It's never enough, matbe it's the amount of water we're drawing from Colorado river. Remember don't use Alenco Windows, They suck!!! NSF :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-11-2005, 09:28 AM
I'm sorry you are having a problem with your windows.. but thank you for warning all of us with how bad the windows are. hope you can fix it before more damage is done. good luck. :wink:

Greaser
02-11-2005, 09:31 AM
When I graduated high school, I figured I'd get a job for the summer, to make a lil extra money for college. So I went to work for the Alenco factory in Bryan Texas. Boy was that the worst 3 days of my work history :hammerhea

PHX ATC
02-11-2005, 09:32 AM
Maybe it's not the windows, maybe the installation of said window was improperly done or poorly done.
I dunno. Just a thought.

boxscore
02-11-2005, 10:19 AM
Maybe it's not the windows, maybe the installation of said window was improperly done or poorly done.
I dunno. Just a thought.
My thought too. Is there condensation between the glazing?

plaster dave
02-11-2005, 10:23 AM
Is the wall stucco around the window cause it could be leaking do to the moist stop or paper not properly installed? just another thought

Not So Fast
02-11-2005, 10:56 AM
To my own thread, I'll eat a little crow now :( I just went to the supplier of Alenco windows here in Havasu, Dry Creek Enterprises, and although they say that these are good windows I have my doubts. But now to the good part of my saga, I walk in and talk to the front office folks, owners wife and Daughter I think and even after almost 3 years they still have a record of our house, any way as I'm telling them my sad tale the owner walks in and over hears our conversation and asks me about the problem, I tell him and he says can we go look at it right now, of course I say sure! They follow me home and take a look and even though I am out of warranty and I had the windows tinted (voids the warranty) he says we will order the fixed eyebrow part of the window, 3 of them,take it all out and reseal from the inside and re-install the new double panes of glass, well knock me over with a tail feather Jethro, and at no charge to me. so hats off to DryCreek and pass me the salt for my crow!! NSF :2purples: :2purples:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-11-2005, 10:59 AM
To my own thread, I'll eat a little crow now :( I just went to the supplier of Alenco windows here in Havasu, Dry Creek Enterprises, and although they say that these are good windows I have my doubts. But now to the good part of my saga, I walk in and talk to the front office folks, owners wife and Daughter I think and even after almost 3 years they still have a record of our house, any way as I'm telling them my sad tale the owner walks in and over hears our conversation and asks me about the problem, I tell him and he says can we go look at it right now, of course I say sure! They follow me home and take a look and even though I am out of warranty and I had the windows tinted (voids the warranty) he says we will order the fixed eyebrow part of the window, 3 of them,take it all out and reseal from the inside and re-install the new double panes of glass, well knock me over with a tail feather Jethro, and at no charge to me. so hats off to DryCreek and pass me the salt for my crow!! NSF :2purples: :2purples:
:jawdrop: salt is bad for you.. but it is best to be honest and props to you for posting it. :D Now finish that crow.. LMAO!! J/K :D

Ziggy
02-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Thats great news, someone who actually still cares---something SoCAlHD could of used with his Caliber1 boat situation.

Mandelon
02-11-2005, 11:04 AM
Is it the windows or the flashing under the stucco? It is really common for the installers to screw up the flashing.

TrojanDan
02-11-2005, 11:05 AM
Good job Dry Creek! I hear crow tastes a lot like chicken. :D

plaster dave
02-11-2005, 11:08 AM
Well thats good to hear that the company knows what customer serve is.

Not So Fast
02-11-2005, 11:16 AM
I really hope it is not the water stop being installed improperly as that would be a bad deal, plaster removal and all but who knows, thanks for the support and SOMEBODY make it stop raining, enough already !!! NSF :2purples: :2purples: