PDA

View Full Version : Havasu????

ELIMINAT THIS
02-11-2005, 09:27 AM
We are coming down 4-28 thru 5-2 can any one tell me if my Nextel phone will work.Vacation = any thing that can go wrong will,so I need my pos cell phone. Thank you in advance. ;) Btw if it makes a differance we are staying at wild horse.

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-11-2005, 09:29 AM
we have Nextel and it works in certain spots.. but the the radio works pretty much everywhere.

Excessive Force
02-11-2005, 09:31 AM
anyone knows how verizon works out there? I HAD nextel and it sucked, but yea what mrs V ssaid. works but in spots.

ColeTR1
02-11-2005, 09:41 AM
Yes both do near the city. if you go south on the lake to the Havasu Springs the Nextel will not work.

ELIMINAT THIS
02-11-2005, 09:44 AM
Thanx for the info,that sound like the same service I get in downtown oakland. :cry: Also I forgot to ask if my Sprint wireless card will work on my laptop. :smile:

Havasu_Dreamin
02-11-2005, 10:02 AM
anyone knows how verizon works out there? I HAD nextel and it sucked, but yea what mrs V ssaid. works but in spots.
We swithced from Cingular to Verizon and it seems to work better than Cingular did from a reception standpoint. However, we are usually roaming which sucks becasue for some reason Ic an't access my VM. It's probably my problem though. I use my cell phone to call a friend of mine back at work and remind him that I'm at Havasu while he's working. Yeah, I'm a$$hole! LMAO

Ivan Dan
02-11-2005, 10:19 AM
We swithced from Cingular to Verizon and it seems to work better than Cingular did from a reception standpoint. However, we are usually roaming which sucks becasue for some reason Ic an't access my VM. It's probably my problem though. I use my cell phone to call a friend of mine back at work and remind him that I'm at Havasu while he's working. Yeah, I'm a$$hole! LMAO
I had the same problem with Verizon....all you gotta do is actually dial your own cell # with area code first and then you can check to see if you have any VM's. It doesn't pop up and tell you that you have VM's either so you just have to check it every so often. I know it sucks but atleast you can get your VM's from a land line unlike Cingular if you needed to.

ChumpChange
02-11-2005, 10:22 AM
Dial *228, option 2 to update your roaming features. It worked wonders for me with Verizon.

essexjet
02-11-2005, 10:22 AM
Nextel work pretty well up river. I get a signal at the sandbar, but nothing after that until Needles.

Havasu_Dreamin
02-11-2005, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the info ID and CC!

Ivan Dan
02-11-2005, 10:29 AM
Dial *228, option 2 to update your roaming features. It worked wonders for me with Verizon.
YA i guess your suppose to do that every so often....still didn't help with getting VM's up in Havasu tho.

ChumpChange
02-11-2005, 10:33 AM
YA i guess your suppose to do that every so often....still didn't help with getting VM's up in Havasu tho.
But now my phone rings so I don't get voice mails to retrive.

Quality Time
02-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Gee what did we do before cell phones, enjoy our vacations :jawdrop: