PDA

View Full Version : Boat Dealer

purrfecttremor
02-11-2005, 04:49 PM
has anyone ever herd of or done business with BOATERS OUTLET AND MARINE INC. on foothill blvd. in upland ca ? any feedback would help.

HCS
02-11-2005, 04:50 PM
Nope.

ChumpChange
02-11-2005, 04:54 PM
I've walked in there and talked to the owner. I wanted to refinance his building for him. Can't remember if he owned it though.
He has some nice boats there. He puts time into the boats that he buys before he sells them. If the interiror is bad, he has it fixed, he cleans up everything really nicely. No real junk there.
If you are talking about the retail store he has? not much to buy there. Rex is just down the street.
Its been over a year since I've walked in there but I did drive by last week.

simple
02-11-2005, 06:37 PM
He caters to the used custom boat market. He also has some kind of business deal with Hallett on trade-ins.
He seems to be a solid & respectable guy.

BOBALOO
02-11-2005, 06:48 PM
I bought my old Hallett there and felt that the guy was being honest and I would buy from him again. The guy that will help you is the owner and will let you check the boats out thoroughly. They have some nice boats there but you will pay more than a private party deal. Payed cash so not sure if he finds financing or not.
Good luck in your hunt.

Ryphraph
02-11-2005, 07:51 PM
I bought my boat from him (Ted). He was not sure if the impeller was any good so he said come back in a few weeks and he would have one. I went back expecting him to say "who are you?". When I went back he said he still didn't have one and to go to the marine store down the road and tell them to put it on his tab. Now I am thinking this guy is blowing me off. I went to the marine store, told them I needed an impeller and put it on Boaters Outlet tab. They hooked me up no prob!
He was solid to me and I would go there again next time! I brought a friend in there to look around after that and he seemed to have some nice gently used boats at good deals. Some were on consignment.
Ryph

Throttle
02-11-2005, 10:16 PM
has anyone ever herd of or done business with BOATERS OUTLET AND MARINE INC. on foothill blvd. in upland ca ? any feedback would help.
I had Ted sell a boat for me a few months ago. He ran the ads, showed the boat, stored the boat, closed the deal. What more needs to be said?
Took delivery of my new boat the same day he sold my old one... One big happy day!

JustMVG
02-11-2005, 11:27 PM
Bought my Spectra from them had no problems they did everything they said they would and had the boat and papers ready when i got there.
No problems, MikeVG

Music to my Ears
02-12-2005, 06:56 AM
He sold a boat of mine a couple years ago as well. Seemed like a good guy to me. Very easy to work with. :)

purrfecttremor
02-12-2005, 07:36 AM
hes got a 1995 advantage,mid cuddy,502 and looks new.i havnt seen it but a friend is very interested in it.oh yea 27ft.its got 538 hrs on it & hes worried about that and says he bought it from a friend and might be able to provide the service records.
i think weve established hes i straight up kind of guy.what do you think about the price and more important the hrs?thanks for all your impute!
bill

racecar.hotshoe
02-12-2005, 08:14 AM
Ted came down one sunday and opened his shop up so I could look around.We did not buy one but he was a great guy to come do that for us!

Roxysnow
02-12-2005, 09:31 AM
Know where it is and they do have some clean boat but I can say I have some friends that work at the bar next door! And the bar is good! :D

purrfecttremor
02-12-2005, 09:47 AM
i lke that bar

purrfecttremor
02-13-2005, 08:22 AM
Bump!!!