PDA

View Full Version : Back from the land of whitewater...

Rampager
04-21-2006, 05:00 PM
Probably didn't post much about it here but I got back wed from a mini vacation which started out in Colorado. Me and my buddy Mark from MI towed his 16' Eagle Sport out there to play a little before the "business" end of the vacation. We ran the Colorado R in a few places on 3-4 different days in Moab Utah too and had a blast. I have no clue why this is not popular out there, breathtaking scenery and there are some exciting little rapids to shoot too. Tin boat is highly recommended lol We did stuff the nose once which was kinda scary. Boat only does about 62 but thats plenty fast when you're staring down at a rapid one hand on a video camera haha
Then it was off to Riggins Idaho to run the 22nd annual Salmon river race. HAHA this was a blast! The river of no return made more sense when we saw it, wow talk about flow! not for the faint of heart thats for sure. !9 boats at the race, 9 finished, lots of exciting moments. We did fine for our first race but did catch lots of air. You guys really need to try whitewater! Mashed a few rocks but the boats fine and we have bragging rights now!
I'll post pics when I have some
Cheers

Ken F
04-21-2006, 06:08 PM
Cool! Cant wait to see your pics!!!!
Shit, if i would have known you were that close, I would have run out to go for a ride!!
Ken F

poncho-pwr
04-21-2006, 06:22 PM
The only problem I can see with those boats is beer spillage. How am I supposed to drive one of them bad boys and not spill the suds? They look like a lot of fun though.

bottom feeder
04-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Rampager,
Glad to hear you had a good time. Weather was a bit of an issue but hey it is a boat race right. I have some video for you from several legs. Thanks to all who made the trip and supported the oldest white water river boat race. A huge thanks to the 9 teams that braved the river of no return.

Rampager
04-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Bottom were you at the race????!!! shit would have liked to have met ya, unless I did and didn't realize it haha I was navigating the #22 boat and yes I would love to have all the footage you got. I'll be editing another DVD of the trip and the race and the more footage the better. I'll Pm you with my address if you can thro it on DVD for me or something. We had 2 helmet cams ruunning on boats courtesy of NWT productions. I can't share that footage but It will appear on my dvd(and others)
Incidentally a 16 Sport with the 240 merc sportjet package(same hull/engine we were racing in) finished 4rth overall against all the 21 tunnels, small blocks and big blocks, Pretty impressive for that boat. You guys really need to ride in one you would be amazed what that boat can do. 19 boats started and 9 finished. One guy averaged something like 92 mph on the 8.5 miles of leg 1 before blowing his pump apart. Thats impressive considering there were class 3 and 4 rapids to get thru!
Ken I didn't know where we'd end up on the trip at first or I would have posted our plans. It was a seat of the pants trip but it worked out well. Next time for sure, won't be the last time I end up out west racing the whitewater thats for sure. Lakes are going to seem a little boring now I think!
Cheers