PDA

View Full Version : Boy I guess

AZKC
02-14-2005, 11:31 AM
We got some rain
Water levels from SRP lakes and rivers (http://www.srpwater.com/dwr/report.asp?dt=2/14/2005)
Roosevelt went up 12% over the weekend :D

BigDogIvan
02-14-2005, 12:24 PM
Oh Yea!!! Just might have to look at making a run to Roosevelt this year.
BD

AZKC
02-15-2005, 08:59 AM
My links not updating but it went up 2 feet yesterday, all but 2 of the ramps are in the water (Coyote and Ringtail}

dirty old man
02-15-2005, 09:26 AM
Mead was up 9 feet last week-end, the headwalks to the marina's are getting real long, but thats only temp. Powell is still dropping - watta shame

Powerquestboy
02-15-2005, 09:57 AM
Does anyone know where or what the Alamo Reservoir is? I see it on the AZ game and Fish site and it is only at 23 % capacity and I cant believe with all the rain in AZ that it hasnt come up. Just wondering what it is and if the keep it low on purpose?

Jordy
02-15-2005, 10:03 AM
If you imagine a triangle between Havasu, Parker, and Wickenburg, it would be pretty much in the middle of that. I believe it's fed from the Bill Williams River.

Powerquestboy
02-15-2005, 10:18 AM
Thanks, I guess that resevoir really doesnt affect anything then. Roosevelt should be great this year, hell it wasnt bad last year! It's got to look like a whole new lake right now.

AZKC
02-15-2005, 10:20 AM
Does anyone know where or what the Alamo Reservoir is? I see it on the AZ game and Fish site and it is only at 23 % capacity and I cant believe with all the rain in AZ that it hasnt come up. Just wondering what it is and if the keep it low on purpose?
The lake is southwest of Wickenberg. The fishing report from Game and Fish :D Sounds pretty rowdy. They haven't updated their site since the 10th so the numbers are scewed.
ALAMO - The lake is still being held at 1,140. Local anglers have been dodging logs and debris floating on and below the surface of the lake to try and get to the backs of coves to fish. Throwing white and chartreuse spinner baits have boated a some bass this week. The bass are shallow in 2 to 10 foot of water. The bass caught this week are full of eggs and are in the pre spawning stage. On angler reported catching a few big bass on spawning beds in shallow coves full of brush in the river area. This lake should bust loose any time now. No report of any crappie being caught. Catfishing has been hit and miss. A report of 6 were caught one day and 1 the next. All in all fishing is still lousy, but upgraded to getting better. The Cholla boat ramp is still under water so plan on using the main ramp to launch your boat. If you plan on boating around and above the browns crossing area be very careful not to get trapped in a floating logjam. Surveys show that chainsaws and boats don't go so well together. The Game and Fish Department would like to invite everyone to come out for the annual lake clean up which will be held March 5. Registration begins Friday, March 4 at 6 p.m. at the group use area of the park. The clean up begins at 8.a.m. Saturday and will conclude at 3 p.m. State Parks will wave the camping and launching fees for the group use area for those participating in the clean up. If you have a boat bring it along. Game and Fish will operate a pontoon boat for the large shoreline litter. Dinner Saturday night and a raffle will be held for participants. In years past this has been a fun event, so bring your camping gear and come out and join the fun. For more information contact Stewart Kohnke, Game & fish (928) 684-3763, or Mark Knapp, State Parks (928) 669-2088. There is a fish advisory here. The advisory recommends that people limit consumption as follows for bass and black crappie. Children under age six: no consumption; Women of childbearing age: one 8-ounce fish meal per month; All other adult women: three 8-ounce fish meals per month; Adult men: four 8-ounce fish meal per month. For catfish, the consumption guideline is slightly different: for children under the age of six, no consumption is recommended; for women of child-bearing age, one 8-ounce fish meal per month; for all other adult women, five 8-ounce fish meals per month; for adult men, six 8-ounce meals per month.