PDA

View Full Version : Sub Install Idea

Coach
02-14-2005, 04:42 PM
I know many of you have some tricked out stereos. I want to know why no one (or at least from what I have seen) have not made a box or composite to put subs under the Off-shore style seats. Many boats have Off-shore style seats and it seams like a waste of space and a nice looking composite box for a sub would look good and be out of the way. I was thinking something at a 45 degree angle with a billet cover would look great. Any thoughts?

riverbound
02-14-2005, 04:47 PM
I have done it a couple of times, the biggest problem is you are very limited on woofer size. A 10" woofer is the biggest you can fit under there. I dont have any pics because the woofer actually down fire and the box was wrapped in white vinyl so it didnt really look like anything special.
PM Parker he might have some pics of the boats we did.

Havasu Hangin'
02-14-2005, 07:31 PM
In my old boat, I mounted some box speakers in my pedestals. A little extra speaker wire, and a hinged face...and I'd take them out and set them on the deck when I was on the beach.
Subs? I already overkilled my bass... :hammerhea

ROZ
02-15-2005, 11:04 AM
We did this for a guy in his 26eagle... Sorry no pics.
Al Cole holic has a similar setup, but his drivers are on the sides... Saw it a couple years ago, so the setup is a little vague for me...
Maybe he can post or pm a pic to you :)

TrojanDan
02-15-2005, 11:28 AM
I know many of you have some tricked out stereos. I want to know why no one (or at least from what I have seen) have not made a box or composite to put subs under the Off-shore style seats. Many boats have Off-shore style seats and it seams like a waste of space and a nice looking composite box for a sub would look good and be out of the way. I was thinking something at a 45 degree angle with a billet cover would look great. Any thoughts?
Are you talking about the driver's & passenger "offshore" seats? If so, they are usually drop down so you can stand up and any box will interfere with the seats coming down.
If you're talking about the rear bench seat, that's another story. I'm sure many peeps have already placed them there. :cool:

Fashun
03-09-2005, 07:31 PM
I have found that the JL Audio 6 inch subwoofers are Quite Amazing in the Marine Environment. They are easy to find suitable locations to mount on your boat. I know they seem small, but if done correctly they pack a punch! They only require 1/3 ft. airspace. I have fooled many bass heads with this setup.

Phat Matt
03-09-2005, 08:07 PM
I have one 12" Infinity sub mounted under each seat. They fire down and I wrapped them in white vinyl to match the seats. You can't tell they are sub boxes. They vibrate the seats real good too so the ladies like it. I don't have any pics to show though.