PDA

View Full Version : Wher to get a tat?

Perfect Mixer
02-14-2005, 06:21 PM
Not where on the body, but where in Orange County? I think my wife is going through her mid life crisis or something, but she wants a tat on her lower back. She lets me buy whatever cars I want, and all she wants in return is a tatoo. Good deal huh? Just don't know where to go in OC for one. I know that there are plenty in Venice, but need something local. Any suggestions?

HavasuDreamin'
02-14-2005, 06:27 PM
Burt Grims in Long Beach did some pretty good work on my buddy. My advice would be to check a few places out and if you find someone that isn't a high pressure sale and is in general pretty cool, ask to see a portfolio of his/her work. They should have a three ring binder they can whip out full of tat's he or she have done.
Also, make sure to tell wife that the lower back is no big deal.........just one of the MOST painful areas to get a tat. :messedup: :smile:

cola
02-14-2005, 06:30 PM
Mike Spazbo @ Costa mesa tattoo. The best around.

Kilrtoy
02-14-2005, 06:31 PM
Dont Do It, If She Has Clean Skin Keep It That Way
don't Do It

cola
02-14-2005, 06:32 PM
Mike Spazbo @ Costa mesa tattoo. The best around.
Booked, but worth the wait.

cc322
02-14-2005, 07:05 PM
Ink house in Lake Forest, ask for Billy he has done alot of my friends and is a good friend of one of my co workers he might be doing mine if I get one

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
02-14-2005, 07:19 PM
don't Do It
You sound like my hubby!!!!! I've been wanting one for a long time but he keeps saying NO!!!!!

Jbb
02-14-2005, 07:25 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/181mattshocker.jpg

Tom Brown
02-14-2005, 07:44 PM
I've been wanting one for a long time but he keeps saying NO!!!!!
Perhaps your hubby loves your body in it's present, unmutilated form. :cool:
Looking good, Brian. LMAO! :D :D :D

Debbolas
02-14-2005, 07:46 PM
my sis does tattoo's..........she is very good, I don't have one because SCREAM won't let me get one.
(I wanted one to cover my back scars)
:clover:

truksnboats
02-14-2005, 07:46 PM
Laguna Tattoo

Burley1
02-14-2005, 07:59 PM
Go see Erica at outer limits in Costa Mesa

fat rat
02-14-2005, 08:00 PM
Be very selective.

riverbound
02-14-2005, 08:01 PM
You should PM "Parker" his uncle is one of the top tatoo artist in the US and he is based out of OC somewhere by knotts berry farm. I don't know the name of the shop he works at. but if You are gonna get it dome you might as well do it right the first time.

Kilrtoy
02-14-2005, 08:07 PM
Here is my take on tattoo's
When I first started getting them 16 years ago, there were a select group of people that go them, the shit bags, Gangbangers(ALL TYPES) and people who were in to the art of expression. Nowadays every 15 year old girl has a tattoo acroos their lower back , every 18 year old boy has some form of a thug tattooed on him, these stupid ass Pam anderson Wire bands and tattoo's are out of control. I wish i didnt have any now. I dont regret it, but I just fall in place with the rest of the recent groupies, now....
That is my take and why you should get one...

JB in so cal
02-14-2005, 08:13 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/181mattshocker.jpg
:2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

Debbolas
02-14-2005, 08:21 PM
Kilr,
hate to disagree with you but...........my kids are:
14,15 and 18 and they have 0 tattoo's. :p
Now, my oldest daughter (who was just accepted into Long Beach State :wink: ) has two holes in her ears, that she has been asking for the second hole for...........about 7 years! and just got it for her 18th birthday...
The cool thing is when my sis does my daughters ears, she uses a needle, so they do not get any infections. :tongue
My sis usually tattoo's in Hawaii at her friends shop, but she is staying local for a while, Just got married and all. She is very talented, (I'm NOT biased) :wink:
Thats all!
P.S.
I want an ivy curling down my spine to cover my back surgery scars, and some daisies on my side to cover THAT scar, and I guess that is all for now. I mean what would you put on your breast to cover a mass removal scar?

Tom Brown
02-14-2005, 08:30 PM
I mean what would you put on your breast to cover a mass removal scar?
Scream's warm, caring hand. :)

Blown 472
02-14-2005, 08:33 PM
my sis does tattoo's..........she is very good, I don't have one because SCREAM won't let me get one.
(I wanted one to cover my back scars)
:clover:
Cant tattoo over a scar.

Parker
02-14-2005, 08:50 PM
Paul Black at Outer Limits, near Knotts in Anaheim. One of the best I've ever known.

Debbolas
02-14-2005, 08:58 PM
Cant tattoo over a scar.
she said she could, made me wait a few years until the scar healed......... :wink:

Debbolas
02-14-2005, 08:59 PM
Scream's warm, caring hand. :)
ah..................your so sweet.......... :D

shadow
02-14-2005, 09:09 PM
Burt Grims in Long Beach did some pretty good work on my buddy. My advice would be to check a few places out and if you find someone that isn't a high pressure sale and is in general pretty cool, ask to see a portfolio of his/her work. They should have a three ring binder they can whip out full of tat's he or she have done.
Also, make sure to tell wife that the lower back is no big deal.........just one of the MOST painful areas to get a tat. :messedup: :smile:
Got a few of my first tattoos at Bert Grims in LB. over 20yrs ago.Thats gotta be one of the oldest shops in town or the area.I remember it being old when i was a kid.

hoolign
02-14-2005, 09:57 PM
she said she could, made me wait a few years until the scar healed......... :wink:
Are we discussing that bastard tit again..show yourself you phucker..if i ever get my hands on you ...er..i mean...If scream ever gets his hands on you...er..that don't work either...show yourself you coward!...it'll be tits up for you..I mean...ah hell i give up :D

plaster dave
02-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Bad Influence Tattoo 714-531-2155 Ask for Bob He's the shit I drive from chatsworth to see him."thats like 1 to 2 hrs. Tell him Dave Petty sent you.

Coleitis22
02-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Are we discussing that bastard tit again..show yourself you phucker..if i ever get my hands on you ...er..i mean...If scream ever gets his hands on you...er..that don't work either...show yourself you coward!...it'll be tits up for you..I mean...ah hell i give up :D
Oh well, TIT for TAT :rolleyes:

Perfect Mixer
02-14-2005, 10:17 PM
I just sat her down to read the replies and she was a little thrown by this! She has a low threshold of pain, and I told her that it wouldn't be like they're rubbing rose peddles against her skin. I think that she is still for it though. (now if I could only talk her into those nipple rings!!! :2purples: ) Thanks for the referalls. We'll be sure to throw the appropriate name out!

Perfect Mixer
02-14-2005, 10:19 PM
don't Do It
She does have the most beautiful olive skin too! What can I do?

Bailey
02-14-2005, 10:21 PM
I really liked newport tattoo.

XtrmWakeborder
02-14-2005, 11:49 PM
Outerlimits on Chapman and Tustin in Orange

Mrs. Revndave
02-15-2005, 06:23 AM
I say go for it . i have had my tat on my lower back for about three years and never had regretted getting it. It is a sun. As soon as my little one is born in eight weeks I will be going back and getting both of my childrens names placed under it.
The sun will always shine down on my children.

HavasuDreamin'
02-15-2005, 06:24 AM
now if I could only talk her into those nipple rings!!! :2purples:
I have those too..........and would never, ever do it again. Talk about pain!! Nothing like sticking a thick a** needle through part of your body, not once but twice. Ten times as painful as the tat's.
Regarding the lower back, anywhere there is bone, and not a lot of meat (like the ankle, lower back, etc.) it is generally more painful. On the flip side, that is one of the few areas that I find a tat attractive on a woman.
My wife has a tat on her lower back and it looks good IMHO. She did say though that when she was getting it, periodically he would hit an area where it triggered her siatic (sp?) nerve and her leg would start trembling. LOL
Good luck with your search.
PS......make sure she knows that she will have to go back after 4-6 weeks to get it touched up. When it heels, sometimes (most of the time) they need to go back over an area or two where the ink didn't take quite as well as it should have. This is normal, but is another 20-40 minutes in the chair. Well worth it in the end.
HD

Mandelon
02-15-2005, 06:57 AM
Here is my take on tattoo's
When I first started getting them 16 years ago, there were a select group of people that go them, the shit bags, Gangbangers(ALL TYPES) and people who were in to the art of expression. Nowadays every 15 year old girl has a tattoo acroos their lower back , every 18 year old boy has some form of a thug tattooed on him, these stupid ass Pam anderson Wire bands and tattoo's are out of control. I wish i didnt have any now. I dont regret it, but I just fall in place with the rest of the recent groupies, now....
That is my take and why you should get one...
Wise. But which one were you Mig? :wink:
I always have to wonder how its gonna look in the retirement home. 70, 80 years old, sitting by the pool......the ladies will have this unreadable inky blobs....but really perky boobs..........down by their belly buttons.... :wink: :eek: :wink:

Jen
02-15-2005, 07:47 AM
I got my first tat (lower back) this past December... always wanted one waited until 33 years old to do it... mine was done at Pussycat by Jimmy Link in Las Vegas... it's the Lemon head guy on the candy box with 2 Zs on either side (I am married to Mr. Lemmon and my maiden name starts with a Z) as far as pain goes... it was WAY LESS painful than I expected, I guess I was so stressed that it was going to hurt when he started it was not that big of a deal.

4day!!
02-15-2005, 10:06 AM
I'll second the Outer Limits in Orange (tustin and chapman). Across chapman from Selman Chevrolet. i think Erica did my wifes, she also works out of some of the other outer limits shops. FYI people all have opinions about who they like to do their ink, and everybody has different styles (old school, traditional, shading, color). Every tatoo artists has their own interpretation of what you might want and different styles in shading and color. Look at their portfolios and take notice of some of the things that you might get in your tat. if your thinking of flowers for instance look for an artist whose flowers you like. Just becasue they may do bitching tribal, pinups or portraits doesn't mean they have the same thoguht as you on what you want. Research, research, research. Have them draw you a few ideas. Sometimes its better to leave the colors for them to decide if you trust them. Just take your time and think about it for a couple of months/years (unless you already have) Find something you might like on the internet and print them out to tat size and post them on the fridge or somewhere. You will be amazed at how bitchin you thought some of them were and in a week or two you will ask yourself what the hell was i thinking. Take the ones you still like and have the person doing your tat redraw it with what you want added or removed.. Just a couple of thaoughts.. I have four tats and dont regret any of them. The only i do regret however is that the sun will absolutely thrash them. I have mine on my shoulers and arms and never wear a shirt at the river and coat them constantly with the max spf i can find.... anyway to make a short story long...

IN2MX
02-15-2005, 10:12 AM
It is a sun. As soon as my little one is born in eight weeks I will be going back and getting both of my childrens names placed under it.
The sun will always shine down on my children.
THAT IS TRULY AWESOME! RIGHT ON MRS. REVNDAVE!

ROZ
02-15-2005, 10:33 AM
don't Do It
I second that....

speedneeder
02-15-2005, 10:51 AM
I have to agree with 4day. I have a lot of tattoos, if I were to guess I would put myself at about 400 hours worth of work, and I have put thought into each piece and take the time to sit on it for months to make sure that is what I want, changed my mind plenty of times. Differerent tattoo artists have different styles and the same piece may take on a different effect. Most of my work has come from Rick Spellman at tattoo magic in garden grove. 1 person shop by appointment only, and he can create your design if you give him ideas. There are other good shops around, Laguna Tattoo, Outer limits but be sure to talk to the specific artist who may be performing your work.

Dimarco21
02-15-2005, 11:13 AM
Take your time in choosing a tattoo, it doesn't wash off. I have done the same as 4day writes "Find something you might like on the internet and print them out to tat size and post them on the fridge or somewhere." Oh yeah...and take your time.
I don't regret any of my tattoo's. You have to decide what you like and even if you want a tattoo at all. Don't get a tattoo because everyone else has a tattoo, It's your body, get one because you want one.

Waldo
02-15-2005, 11:34 AM
Pat at Outer Limits in Costa Mesa. He did my tats when he was at the Ink House in El Toro. Good artist.

Debbolas
02-15-2005, 02:34 PM
Ah, ya made me laugh today!! :D
Thank you :D

Brewzed
02-15-2005, 03:07 PM
Got a few of my first tattoos at Bert Grims in LB. over 20yrs ago.Thats gotta be one of the oldest shops in town or the area.I remember it being old when i was a kid.
I beleive the chick that owns Outerlimits bought Bert Grims a few months ago.
I have had 3 done by artist at Outerlimits. The best guys I've found so far works at the Outerlimits in Orange. Joe Remmers. He does awesome color work. www.joeyremmers.com

RiverPirate
02-15-2005, 09:17 PM
If he is still around, Mike Brown at Bert Grimms on what used to be the Pike in Long Beach is outstanding. If he is not at Grimms I am sure he is around some where. Tattoo artists seem to be some what nomadic and make the rounds from city to city, shop to shop. There is definately pain going over bone and nerves, but the shading with 8 needles really got my attention. Good luck, your making a lifetime decision. No regrets here.

Phat Daddy
02-15-2005, 09:32 PM
don't Do It
I agree with Kilr, If you really want to be different nowadays don't get any tattos or piercings. Just think in 20 years from now its just going to be a big ink spot on your back anyway. :(