PDA

View Full Version : JE Jet adhesive question

Ranz1
02-15-2005, 12:40 PM
Well i finally got my JE out and wanted to know what to use to get the adhesive off the jet. I tried a hot putty knife , but kinda didnt work to good.
Also what should i use when i go to put it in the boat?

Taylorman
02-15-2005, 12:52 PM
Why did you take it out?

Ranz1
02-15-2005, 01:07 PM
Powdercoat baby ;) ......and redoing the trasom

1HOTGMCJET
02-15-2005, 01:43 PM
Powdercoat baby ;)
You mean like this??? :D :D :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4389Powdercoated_Parts.jpg
Worked good for me - good luck!

Ranz1
02-15-2005, 01:46 PM
Yummmmmmmmmm............. What color is that

Taylorman
02-15-2005, 01:51 PM
You mean like this??? :D :D :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4389Powdercoated_Parts.jpg
Worked good for me - good luck!
Nice colors, you got a picture of everything back on the boat. I'd love to do mine but im to lazy to pull the pump off.

Mighty Thor
02-15-2005, 05:35 PM
Well i finally got my JE out and wanted to know what to use to get the adhesive off the jet. I tried a hot putty knife , but kinda didnt work to good.
Also what should i use when i go to put it in the boat?
I researched this pretty well and decided that I would go with "seagoin poxy putty" I got it locally but they did order it in for three of us. My pump had been put in with silicone but I had concerns about movement and flex with silicon. Everyone agrees that the intake on all pumps had to be Glued in and then there was disagreement about how to hook pump to intake. Well, for us JE guys the intake is the pump so I concluded that Glue and not silicon was the way to go.
Two part Poxy Putty is about $45.00

1HOTGMCJET
02-15-2005, 07:07 PM
Nice colors, you got a picture of everything back on the boat. I'd love to do mine but im to lazy to pull the pump off.
Thanks, Taylorman - as far as the parts, please see my signature.....LOL
Hey, thanks Ranz - color is candy purple..........
Thanks again for the kind words, guys...........

Ranz1
02-15-2005, 07:31 PM
My pump had been put in with silicone but I had concerns about movement and flex with silicon. Everyone agrees that the intake on all pumps had to be Glued in and then there was disagreement about how to hook pump to intake. Well, for us JE guys the intake is the pump so I concluded that Glue and not silicon was the way to go.
I was wondering if i could just silicon it in since is does bolt to the trasom an floor. But i i guess the glue is better