PDA

View Full Version : If you want to go to New York!

HCS
02-15-2005, 04:27 PM
YOU DON'T GET OFF IN CHICAGO!!!!!!!!!
JESUS CHRIST PEOPLE! YOUR CAR HAS MORE THAN ONE HEAD BOLT.http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/dvv/po.gif

Blown 472
02-15-2005, 04:31 PM
Huh?

Ziggy
02-15-2005, 04:38 PM
Well sounds like someone is in trouble :jawdrop:
Good thing they didn't try pulling the cord like on a bus half way there :D

HCS
02-15-2005, 04:47 PM
Advice.
Never take your car to a flat rate shop at the end of a pay period. Unless you don't mind your vehicle stuffed with aftermarket parts and all the bolts busted off. http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/contrib/blackeye/arcadefreak.gif

Kachina26
02-15-2005, 05:13 PM
Take a deep breath and tell us all about it..................

Ziggy
02-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Advice.
Never take your car to a flat rate shop at the end of a pay period. Unless you don't mind your vehicle stuffed with aftermarket parts and all the bolts busted off. http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/contrib/blackeye/arcadefreak.gif
Ouch, I can see clearly now :sqeyes: .......... Sorry to hear that HCS. :(

HCS
02-15-2005, 11:40 PM
Take a deep breath and tell us all about it..................
You ever seen a so called tech go to install a spoiler on your trunk lid and drill the holes in the wrong spot?
Or how about go to put a roof rack on your "Politically correct SUV" and climb up on top of your vehicle and drill holes all the way through your roof into your headliner, and out the other side. :hammerhea
Or better yet. Take your brand new 6 speed stick and start it up in their work stall through the window in gear. :eek:
Then the brand new 350z takes out two layers of 10,000 dollars worth of tool boxes before it comes to a stop. :eek: Plus body damage! :2purples:
Just another day at the shop.

Kilrtoy
02-15-2005, 11:54 PM
Ok what shop do you own, So we never go there

Rod-64
02-16-2005, 01:04 AM
You ever seen a so called tech go to install a spoiler on your trunk lid and drill the holes in the wrong spot?
Or how about go to put a roof rack on your "Politically correct SUV" and climb up on top of your vehicle and drill holes all the way through your roof into your headliner, and out the other side. :hammerhea
Or better yet. Take your brand new 6 speed stick and start it up in their work stall through the window in gear. :eek:
Then the brand new 350z takes out two layers of 10,000 dollars worth of tool boxes before it comes to a stop. :eek: Plus body damage! :2purples:
Quit hiring tweekers! :D :D

Dribble
02-16-2005, 07:58 AM
Hey you guys just hired a friend of mine. I hope it wasn't him.
:) :)

Kachina26
02-16-2005, 09:07 AM
Ah yes.....................the good times :) Those are the days when I'm glad I'm just another pee on and not a manager

dicudmore
02-16-2005, 09:15 AM
damn parts guys.....bagging on us again :D
thats funny though. I'm repairing an Astro roof that another Chevy dealer installed a roof rack by drilling all the way through, and oblonged the f-ing holes so the rack is a little loose :rolleyes:
K26, you're right, some days I'd rather not be the boss :rollside:

Tom Brown
02-16-2005, 09:22 AM
No problem... it's new so it will all be covered under warranty, including the defective neutral lock-out switch. :cool:

AZKC
02-16-2005, 09:22 AM
You ought to see what County employees can do to vehicles :notam: But I feel your pain HCS I don't miss dealerships one bit. :rolleyes:

HCS
02-16-2005, 10:07 AM
Qualified technicians are getting imposible to come by. Their a dying breed.
No one wants the job. Not that I blame anyone. But what you end up with is a bunch of guys from Pep Boys at the car dealerships working on your cars.
Kinda scary huh? You take you vehicle to the dealer for quality work and you get Pep Boys.
We have a $1000.00 dollar signing bonus for qualified techs. And I get a $1000.00 bucks if I bring one in.
Any one want a job? :squiggle:

AZKC
02-16-2005, 10:34 AM
When I left we were pulling guys right out of tech schools. :hammerhea :2purples: Then a RX-& twin turbo would pull in with drivability problems and the car would be there a month and not get fixed :eek:

dicudmore
02-16-2005, 11:38 AM
No one wants the job. Not that I blame anyone. But what you end up with is a bunch of guys from Pep Boys at the car dealerships working on your cars.
Kinda scary huh? You take you vehicle to the dealer for quality work and you get Pep Boys.
We have a $1000.00 dollar signing bonus for qualified techs. And I get a $1000.00 bucks if I bring one in.
Its really bad in LV.....
We were offering $22/hr sight unseen if you had a tool-box. Screw the tech school grad. Just needed a box :sqeyes:
I swear there were days I left the service drive and helped in the shop :hammer2:

Dribble
02-16-2005, 11:48 AM
That's why we at BAR don't worry about job security. 46 days into the year and we're at 2535 complaints (statewide). Oh and it gets busier as the weather warms up. Keep it up the good work.

HCS
02-16-2005, 12:08 PM
That's why we at BAR don't worry about job security. 46 days into the year and we're at 2535 complaints (statewide). Oh and it gets busier as the weather warms up. Keep it up the good work.
We just hired a guy from the BAR. I don't know why he did that. :confused:
Like dicudmore says, we'll take anyone that has a box.

HCS
02-16-2005, 12:09 PM
No problem... it's new so it will all be covered under warranty, including the defective neutral lock-out switch. :cool:
Your hired. :D

dicudmore
02-16-2005, 12:17 PM
I can buff it out ???
Or perhaps a factory blemish in the paint that required refinishing to repair :D :idea:

Tom Brown
02-16-2005, 12:21 PM
... Or perhaps a factory blemish in the paint that required refinishing to repair :D :idea:
We donks leave that sort of thing to the big wheels in the service office. :D

LHC Kirby
02-16-2005, 10:24 PM
HCS - I sent you a PM

gnarley
02-16-2005, 10:40 PM
You couldn't afford to pay me enough to go back to work as a line tech at a dealership or ANY shop ever again. They don't pay enough for what you need to know and all the tools and training you are expected to keep up with on every friggen combination each manufacture sells. The hassles, liability and laws aren't worth turning wrenches for a living any more not to mention the fact of what does all that wear and tear do you in the long term with exposure to all the chemicals we worked with?
F' THAT!