PDA

View Full Version : Thru trans exhaust

liquidasset
04-21-2006, 07:13 PM
My friend wants to put thru transom exhaust on an older OMC 350 Chevy motor on a budget . The risers seem to have a pretty severe angle to them .
The riser angle wouldn't be a problem except for the steering is pretty dang close . Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

shulamite
04-25-2006, 12:49 AM
I am considering the same on a 89 Donzi 25' 350 omc King Cobra. I think I will take the exhaust out the side. Have just begun exploring the possibilities. Keep me informed on you progress and I will do the same.

Cheap Thrills
04-25-2006, 06:18 AM
I had a muffler shop bend some Galvanised pipe for mine and coupled it with the flex hose to the risers and the thru hull fittings. it was a hell of alot cheaper than buying 6' of flex 3 years and it hasn't rusted through yet but when and if it does it's only $20 for new pipe. and I'm all about the cheap thrills :p
C.T. :wink:

jkh04200
04-27-2006, 06:12 AM
Hey Liquid,
If you have room, drill out the transom and take it to a muffler shop. I did, they actually had to bend an S to make it work. I belive the had to use 2 1/2 for the bends. Then they took 3" flared one side to 4" and the other to 2 1/2. Something like that. Then I connected everything with the factory rubber bell couplings and hose clamps. Worked like a charm. Cheap too.
If anybody does this remeber. PROPERLY TREAT THE BARE WOOD, OR YOU'LL BE SORRY!!!!!!!!!!