PDA

View Full Version : ceder creek lake

cobalt 222
02-16-2005, 01:44 PM
i got a buddy that just got a 2005 eliminator 27 ft 525 w/ xr on the back end.
running about 89 w 30 prop.will try a 31 next time the sun comes out.he will be at the damn also.another place we hang out is marimac marina.a buddy of mine bought it last year.no gas just good beer drinking and tell a lot of lies.ha ha.i have a house on caney side of the lake .will have a few partys this summer :rollside:

Sweet Addiction
02-19-2005, 12:31 PM
i got a buddy that just got a 2005 eliminator 27 ft 525 w/ xr on the back end.
running about 89 w 30 prop.will try a 31 next time the sun comes out.he will be at the damn also.another place we hang out is marimac marina.a buddy of mine bought it last year.no gas just good beer drinking and tell a lot of lies.ha ha.i have a house on caney side of the lake .will have a few partys this summer :rollside:
Hey cobalt,
Glad to hear your giving some effort to rounding up some fellow boaters to bring to Cedar Creek. The lord only knows that is what that lake needs to waken it up. I believe it is getting better though. I would love to see your buddies boat, I hope he brings it out. On Labor day the group that lives at Sunny Glenn invited is us to Marimac Marine, but we did not make it, The girls got hungry etc. What side do you call the Caney side? We have a house in Clear Water Bay right across from Sunny Glen. We patry a little bit sometimes to.
Later Jared.

cobalt 222
02-19-2005, 01:51 PM
i live down from sunnyglen about qt mile.there is a large water tank by the water and parking lot.i live in the trailer above it.

StealBlueZ
02-19-2005, 04:10 PM
I had the hydro at CC year before last. Got former friends in Gun Barell that I used to hang with. We'd hang out at the bridge as it goes into Gun Barell. On July 4th, there's always sumpin happening at the marina by the bridge, don't recall the name, but when I put the hydro in there, it always draws a crowd. If I knew when you guys were gonna be there, I'd make it out this time.

Sweet Addiction
02-20-2005, 08:52 PM
i live down from sunnyglen about qt mile.there is a large water tank by the water and parking lot.i live in the trailer above it.
I know exactly the spot. Not sure I remember your place, its not like I remember everyones house there. :wink: Were right on the other side of the bridge going into the main waters. Its the second bay on the left as soon as you go under the bridge.

Sweet Addiction
02-20-2005, 08:53 PM
I had the hydro at CC year before last. Got former friends in Gun Barell that I used to hang with. We'd hang out at the bridge as it goes into Gun Barell. On July 4th, there's always sumpin happening at the marina by the bridge, don't recall the name, but when I put the hydro in there, it always draws a crowd. If I knew when you guys were gonna be there, I'd make it out this time.
What color was your boat? I remember a crowd or hydros and what not stopping by there for a while. I was also impressed, because you don't see those kind of boats at Cedar Creek much. Maybe the lake will begin to liven up a little.

jdf
02-20-2005, 08:56 PM
d.c. next time you come up call me i will round up the crew and we can come over there

Sweet Addiction
02-20-2005, 08:56 PM
Not sure if you guys are into poker runs, but on July 23 the Cedar Creek Poker run is being held by Flash Gordon Promotions. Think I am going to give it a try, something I have always wanted to do, so might as well try it.
Later Jared.

jdf
02-20-2005, 09:00 PM
go for it

Flashy
02-20-2005, 09:08 PM
Color is the hydro? I was at JETBOATCOVE by the bridge last 4th but it was rough as hell. Hope to see some of yall there this summer. Girlfriends parents just bought a house there. Is the Tiki hut still open?

sdba069
02-20-2005, 09:36 PM
Hey Randall..... I thought you got rid of the hydro.

vdrivenman
02-21-2005, 03:38 AM
hi RR,
didn;t know what u were up to these days !
randy sold the yellow deaver that was once the LIckin & Kickin hydro to skip willett and then he bought and presently owns the Hammertime canyon he bought from rusty bonnin.
the canyon is yellow with mutilple candy stripes thru it. the easiest way to recognize it has the Taz on it !
i know he's been doing some serious motor work this year. he keeps sending me pictures and rubbing it in !

Sweet Addiction
02-21-2005, 10:13 AM
Color is the hydro? I was at JETBOATCOVE by the bridge last 4th but it was rough as hell. Hope to see some of yall there this summer. Girlfriends parents just bought a house there. Is the Tiki hut still open?
Tiki Hut is still going strong. We ate some lunch there on Memorial Day weekend, it was kinda slow. I remember back in the day when I was young, I use to go with my dad over to Don's Port and it was the place the action was at. I think they use to deal Fountain power boats but I am not sure, but all the big boats would be gassin up at the pump, and even then I still loved boats.
Maybe we could all hang out some time, it does not take long to get to the north end but the only reason we don't go that way is becuase of the water conditions.
Jared.

Sweet Addiction
02-21-2005, 10:14 AM
d.c. next time you come up call me i will round up the crew and we can come over there
you got it man, I will post something when I head that way. Give my cell ## or something. See what happens. Summer time is right around the corner.

jdf
02-21-2005, 02:37 PM
i called the wife and told i was heading to the lake ,she said like hell you are going with out me .....

Sweet Addiction
02-21-2005, 06:53 PM
i called the wife and told i was heading to the lake ,she said like hell you are going with out me .....
Thats pretty funny. My girlfriend is actually coming around and saying that she wants to go to the lake, which is a suprise. After spending the whole dang winter talking about it and watching pegged about 5 billion times summer is getting closer.
Well sometimes you got to do what you got to do, and leave the significant other behind.
Jared.

jdf
02-22-2005, 09:54 AM
she is ready to get her boat wet,,, hopefull we will have all of them running

Sweet Addiction
02-23-2005, 01:34 PM
she is ready to get her boat wet,,, hopefull we will have all of them running
All of them, How many boats you have? last time I checked I could only drive one at a time. Cool thing, the other Half wants her own boat.
Jared.

jdf
02-23-2005, 01:47 PM
in all i think 6
2 tx 19 pebbles and bambam
1 flattie dimarco t deck
1 mahria jet
1 bubble deck flattie
???????????

Sweet Addiction
03-05-2005, 11:02 AM
I don't know how you guys do that, having all those jet boats, and I know there a Bi*** to keep running. I think one boat is a head ache but I guess thats why we love this sport so much. Got to be doing something all the damn time.

StealBlueZ
03-05-2005, 05:23 PM
What color was your boat? I remember a crowd or hydros and what not stopping by there for a while. I was also impressed, because you don't see those kind of boats at Cedar Creek much. I built a Deaver a few years back. I painted it yellow with candy stripes & red pearl. Sold it, then got another hydro. Been to CC on the yellow boat but not with the Hammertime boat. Looking fwd to it this year....
http://image24.webshots.com/24/0/40/58/30804058limjIXJigK_ph.jpg
http://image06.webshots.com/6/4/83/91/79148391qDSnuR_ph.jpg
to see the work in progress on the deaver, click here.
http://community.webshots.com/user/stealbluez

Sweet Addiction
03-06-2005, 08:30 AM
I don't think these boats that stopped buy where anything like yours. Thats an awsome boat, holy crap. How do you run that thing on Cedar Creek, with the water conditions? Good looking boat. http://www2.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif

Sweet Addiction
03-06-2005, 08:39 AM
StealBlueZ,
Excellent build up that you made documentation of. Great looking boat. So what lake was that you were boating on in the pictures?
I built a Deaver a few years back. I painted it yellow with candy stripes & red pearl. Sold it, then got another hydro. Been to CC on the yellow boat but not with the Hammertime boat. Looking fwd to it this year....
http://image24.webshots.com/24/0/40/58/30804058limjIXJigK_ph.jpg
http://image06.webshots.com/6/4/83/91/79148391qDSnuR_ph.jpg
to see the work in progress on the deaver, click here.
http://community.webshots.com/user/stealbluez

StealBlueZ
03-06-2005, 06:36 PM
hey Dirvin, thanks for the comps. I tons more build up pics, but only posted those. When I went to CC in the yellow boat, I put in at the place by the bridge and floated over to the beach. wet tshirts there, too. was able to make a couple passes. havent made it out there since then with the newer boat (Hammertime) but will this year. I live in teh burb just north of Dallas, so I get to lewisville most often with a trip to the brazos once in a while......

Sweet Addiction
03-06-2005, 08:46 PM
hey Dirvin, thanks for the comps. I tons more build up pics, but only posted those. When I went to CC in the yellow boat, I put in at the place by the bridge and floated over to the beach. wet tshirts there, too. was able to make a couple passes. havent made it out there since then with the newer boat (Hammertime) but will this year. I live in teh burb just north of Dallas, so I get to lewisville most often with a trip to the brazos once in a while......
So was this at the North end of the Lake. Like right out of Seven Points and before Gun Barrel, at the islands there in the middle of the bridges? I have seen many people there before while driving by but we don't boat up that way. It gets really rough, and thus we started a new hang out at the South end right at the Damn, there is a really sandy beach that you can walk around on, so it has become our new hang out. I think next time I will go North and check it out just because, and see the excitement. If you get a chance head our way, I will always be there on the big weekends.
Jared.

StealBlueZ
03-07-2005, 06:26 PM
sounds cool, drivin. I've been there before but it was in a cuddy cabin that I used to have.... how do I trailer to the dam?

Sweet Addiction
03-07-2005, 07:08 PM
sounds cool, drivin. I've been there before but it was in a cuddy cabin that I used to have.... how do I trailer to the dam?
I am going to post this map of the lake. Cedar Creek Map (http://http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fish/infish/lakes/cedarcrk/access/index.htm)
Where we hang out now is point (L) which was R.H. Lee park. If you want to stay on the west side of the lake you have Cedar Creek Landing (its kind a crap hole), Marimac Marine (very nice place), or Don's Port (get a little rough right there though, prob not good enough for your low free board). If you want to get closer to the Damn, you can launch at, Caney Cove Ramp (which is free and in a cove, so good launching), or Sunny Glenn, ( not sure its free), but good launching though. Hope this helps.
Jared.

cobalt 222
03-09-2005, 06:21 AM
hey guys.marimac has sold and the guy dosnt realy let people unload anymore.i no the guy.if u go there just be nice and bs with him and he might let u unload.good lucksunnyglen is 5 bucks.good ramp if wind dosnt blow out of the north.ceder creek landing has the best ramp on the lake.but like he said its a dump and the road sux.other than that its ok.i camped there for years and there is a lady there that will show her tits if shs drunk :hammerhea

Sweet Addiction
03-20-2005, 05:31 PM
hey guys.marimac has sold and the guy dosnt realy let people unload anymore.i no the guy.if u go there just be nice and bs with him and he might let u unload.good lucksunnyglen is 5 bucks.good ramp if wind dosnt blow out of the north.ceder creek landing has the best ramp on the lake.but like he said its a dump and the road sux.other than that its ok.i camped there for years and there is a lady there that will show her tits if shs drunk :hammerhea
Thats funny man. Hey I swung in Marimac this weekend and there was not much going. Really not much going on anywhere on that lake. I was on Cedar Creek on the 19th, saw your boat hooked to your truck up in front of your place but did not see anyone moving around. Well maybe I will catch you later.
Jared.

Sweet Addiction
03-31-2005, 08:16 AM
Hail to the Cedar Creek. Just had to write something today. Post count. :D

jdf
03-31-2005, 03:19 PM
dc you working on being a post hoe ???

Sweet Addiction
03-31-2005, 07:52 PM
Na, just really want to go to the lake so had to write something, but to tell you the truth I am trying to catch you. :D

jdf
03-31-2005, 08:37 PM
i slowed down on post hoe in ..to much work lately next time you come up to the lake buzz me ..... :D :D :D

Bad Asp
03-31-2005, 10:34 PM
Man I had to do a double take when I saw the title of this post. We live in the Phoenix area now and boat at Lake Havasu, but I grew up in Malakoff. I actually remember when Cedar Creek filled and have a lot of good memories of Lee Park, well what I can remember let's say, lol! Family still there and parents live in Star Harbor. Will have to check back here and see if we can't hook up with some of you next time we're out visiting. Later...

jdf
04-01-2005, 06:41 AM
ba when come out just letus know

rrrr
04-01-2005, 07:07 AM
Randy, where you been hiding? Didja do the Rip van Winkle thing last year???? :D
Call me, 972-365-0083. Wanna see what you're doing these days.

cobalt 222
04-01-2005, 02:43 PM
Hey cobalt,
Glad to hear your giving some effort to rounding up some fellow boaters to bring to Cedar Creek. The lord only knows that is what that lake needs to waken it up. I believe it is getting better though. I would love to see your buddies boat, I hope he brings it out. On Labor day the group that lives at Sunny Glenn invited is us to Marimac Marine, but we did not make it, The girls got hungry etc. What side do you call the Caney side? We have a house in Clear Water Bay right across from Sunny Glen. We patry a little bit sometimes to.
Later Jared.
HEY MAN.I GOT A BUDDIE LOOKING FOR A TUNNEL.SEND ME YOUR EMAIL.I GOT A PIC OF A NEW ELEMINATOR ON THE LAKE THIS YEAR,NICE MFER.Email cwcbodyshop@yahoo.com.also if u know anyone that needs a boat painted i do them later.mike h

cobalt 222
04-01-2005, 03:09 PM
u can go to sunny glen in caney city and go under the bridge and go south.when lake bends take a left past left cove and u will see the damm

Sweet Addiction
04-28-2005, 06:56 AM
Mike where you at?
Looks like I am going to try and make Cedar Creek on May 14th and 15th I hope. Wanted to know if you were going to be around. Not sure if I have anyone going yet, so figured we could talk over a few cold ones. Guess I will send you a PM when it gets closer.
Later Jared.