PDA

View Full Version : John Burroughs High School

bunny 166
02-16-2005, 03:47 PM
Anyone been there?? There's a Drill Team Competition there on March 5th--wondering if I should take my girls there? I know it's in Burbank....
Went to Long Beach Poly High School 2 years ago and will not return.... :skull:

LITTLE D
02-16-2005, 03:56 PM
The area is fine.

HOOTER SLED-
02-16-2005, 04:10 PM
Burbank has some really nice areas. LB Poly. You were straight up in the LBC ghetto woman. White girls gots to keep her head low in the car out there. :D

Kilrtoy
02-16-2005, 04:19 PM
Its a good place, nothing to worry about

BoatFloating
02-16-2005, 05:06 PM
No worries great place Burbank.....

bunny 166
02-16-2005, 05:35 PM
Thank you guys!! Come and cheer for the Angels if you're in the neighborhood on March the 5th!! Here is a pic of some of my girls.... ;) http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2066IMG_0186.JPG

Wavemaker
02-16-2005, 06:18 PM
Hello Bunny 166
I am Wavemaker,a new poster here at HB Forum. My first posting. Have have lurked on HB Forum for a couple of years now. Burbank is my home town. I have lived in Burbank for 53 years. Over the last 3 years Burroughs High School has been remodeled with some all new class room buildings, new gyms, remodeled auditorium etc. costing several million $$$. I have personally toured most of the new facilities and they are very modern and quite nice. The neighborhood is very nice and quite safe. If you'd would like you might PM me for any information or directions to the school etc.
Other HB Forum members in Burbank include Raff, and DMVQueen.
Wavemaker

thesunking
02-16-2005, 06:24 PM
Hi, newbie here, I can vouch for the area. I work near the corner of Victory and Magnolia. My employer has been in business for over 40 years and was also raised in the area. You might want to visit the Burbank Media Center for some food afterwards.

bunny 166
02-16-2005, 07:01 PM
Hello Bunny 166
I am Wavemaker,a new poster here at HB Forum. My first posting. Have have lurked on HB Forum for a couple of years now. Burbank is my home town. I have lived in Burbank for 53 years. Over the last 3 years Burroughs High School has been remodeled with some all new class room buildings, new gyms, remodeled auditorium etc. costing several million $$$. I have personally toured most of the new facilities and they are very modern and quite nice. The neighborhood is very nice and quite safe. If you'd would like you might PM me for any information or directions to the school etc.
Other HB Forum members in Burbank include Raff, and DMVQueen.
Wavemaker
:) Welcome to the boards!! I can't believe it took you so long to sign up.... :p I attend many competitions around l.a. and orange county, but I have never been to Burroughs High. Thank you for the insight; the new gym sounds great!! :) I would not have a problem going to a not-so-nice school, but you can imagine what some of my south county parents would say.... :wink:

bunny 166
02-16-2005, 07:03 PM
Hi, newbie here, I can vouch for the area. I work near the corner of Victory and Magnolia. My employer has been in business for over 40 years and was also raised in the area. You might want to visit the Burbank Media Center for some food afterwards.
Welcome to you as well!! :D How far is the media center from the high school? The girls are always hungry after dancing!! We will be done around 5:30, even though the show goes until 9 or so. ;)

NOTALENT
02-16-2005, 07:13 PM
ouch...u actually went to POLLY!!! haha..yeah..u were deep in the LBC!!! haha. no good could have came from that..lol..but i still got to Represent~!! LBC..haha..

Wavemaker
02-16-2005, 07:46 PM
Thanks for your quick reply and your welcoming me aboard the boards here. I have followed the boards periodically to see what was the latest on the noise issues at Havazoo and other lakes we frequent. Mostly Lake Mead, Castaic, Pyramid, etc. and, to keep up what is happening in V-Drive section, Regatta info and the like. Used to look at forum if in my office at lunch time. I spend lots of time on the road traveling as a sales manager. When you inquired about my home town you "pushed me in the pool" of the forum. I want to assure you Burbank is a real nice place to live, lots of new development and, Burroughs High School is a safe place for you and your team to be. I wish your team good luck in the competition. Enjoy your time in town. Lots of good places to eat afterwards, Media Center Mall, Empire Shopping Center, freeway close to.
My wife and I may even stop by to just say hello.
By the way, I am a stauch USC Trojan fan. Love your avitar!
"Wavemaker" is not ment to sound as a trouble maker. I have actually had my sons wakesurf on their surfboards behind my Schiada V-Drive (no ropes after starting).
Wavemaker

thesunking
02-16-2005, 08:01 PM
Welcome to you as well!! :D How far is the media center from the high school? The girls are always hungry after dancing!! We will be done around 5:30, even though the show goes until 9 or so. ;)
Thanks for the welcome, check your mailbox.
Wavemaker, our office is on Mariposa and Magnolia, across from Deeks Automotive repair.

Wavemaker
02-16-2005, 08:12 PM
I know that intersection very well. Bought glass and mirrors from Zahn Glass a few times. Used California Tile for floor tiles for our entry ways and baths in the home. I worked at Front Street and Burbank Blvd. for over 18 years. Is just a slab of concrete now. Will be a major car lot there soon. I'll have to stop in and say hello to you.
Wavemaker

thesunking
02-16-2005, 08:23 PM
[QUOTE=Wavemaker]I know that intersection very well. Bought glass and mirrors from Zahn Glass a few times. Used California Tile for floor tiles for our entry ways and baths in the home. I worked at Front Street and Burbank Blvd. for over 18 years. Is just a slab of concrete now. Will be a major car lot there soon. I'll have to stop in and say hello to you.
[QUOTE]
Wavemaker, small world. Come by and say hi to Tom Zaun, he's pushing over 60 and loves to talk college and pro football.

JustMVG
02-16-2005, 09:45 PM
As a Proud Grad (78) of that fine school you have nothing to worry about Bunny, the whole city is fine, just like any other it has it's moments but it is a great place and you guys will have fun , good luck in the Competition, take some pics they have been remodeling the school for a few years now , haven't been by there but i have heard it's a great improvement from when i went.
MikeVG

JustMVG
02-16-2005, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the welcome, check your mailbox.
Wavemaker, our office is on Mariposa and Magnolia, across from Deeks Automotive repair.
You guys ever hit Giamela's for lunch, are you guys in the old 4x4 Warehouse?

bunny 166
02-16-2005, 10:33 PM
Thanks for your quick reply and your welcoming me aboard the boards here. I have followed the boards periodically to see what was the latest on the noise issues at Havazoo and other lakes we frequent. Mostly Lake Mead, Castaic, Pyramid, etc. and, to keep up what is happening in V-Drive section, Regatta info and the like. Used to look at forum if in my office at lunch time. I spend lots of time on the road traveling as a sales manager. When you inquired about my home town you "pushed me in the pool" of the forum. I want to assure you Burbank is a real nice place to live, lots of new development and, Burroughs High School is a safe place for you and your team to be. I wish your team good luck in the competition. Enjoy your time in town. Lots of good places to eat afterwards, Media Center Mall, Empire Shopping Center, freeway close to.
My wife and I may even stop by to just say hello.
By the way, I am a stauch USC Trojan fan. Love your avitar!
"Wavemaker" is not ment to sound as a trouble maker. I have actually had my sons wakesurf on their surfboards behind my Schiada V-Drive (no ropes after starting).
Wavemaker
Fight on, Wavemaker!!! :p I actually never thought of your name that way--just thought about wakeboarding and stuff, so don't worry about offending anyone!! :D If you and your wife come by, that would be great!! My team is performing at 1:30, give or take 15 mins. If you don't make it, have a great weekend and I'll talk to you on the boards!! Nice to see you've already met a neighbor in thesunking!! Cool!! :D

Coleitis22
02-16-2005, 10:37 PM
The area is fine.
Played American Legion Baseball against Jeff Burroughs in 1968. Anyone know him? Incredible ball player just like his son. :D

bunny 166
02-16-2005, 10:42 PM
As a Proud Grad (78) of that fine school you have nothing to worry about Bunny, the whole city is fine, just like any other it has it's moments but it is a great place and you guys will have fun , good luck in the Competition, take some pics they have been remodeling the school for a few years now , haven't been by there but i have heard it's a great improvement from when i went.
MikeVG
Hi Mike!! Wavemaker said the school is looking good, so I'm excited to go and compete on Saturday!! Hope all is well with you and your family!! :wink: