PDA

View Full Version : Just got broke into..need ideas

Kurtis500
02-16-2005, 09:38 PM
Damn thiefs just broke into my truck and stole the Fosgate stereo, speakers and amp. Right in front of my home!. I even had the face plate off the radio and hid under the seat.. They found that too. I know none of my friends are suspect.
Any ideas on what to leave for the next punk that tries it?

hoolign
02-16-2005, 09:43 PM
ya gotta be carefull setting traps! I had a 71 vette that was broke into 3 times fir the tunes, I taped razor blades to the back of the deck and some prick broke in, got cut , slashed my seats..ny bud was a cop and told me the dude could have had me charged!!!...best I think is a sillent alarmm that tells you remotely that your car is being plauged....then do what ya gotta do when ya sneek up on them!

vegasriverjunkie
02-16-2005, 09:47 PM
Sorry to hear that, it sucks. I had my Tahoe broke into within 3 weeks I moved to a new neighborhood. I finally broke down and got a paging alarm so at least I can run out and beat the s!@t out of em'.

460 jus getn it
02-16-2005, 10:00 PM
same here they got me a couple of weeks ago. just remember that if they did once they will do it. chances are its someone who knows you and knows your habits.......sorry to hear what happened

Lake Ape
02-16-2005, 10:23 PM
My dad used to keep a rattlesnake in his truck when he worked on the res. It seemed to do the trick!

Procraftkev
02-17-2005, 05:15 AM
Go with the paging alarm, And a good beating

JetBoatRich
02-17-2005, 06:09 AM
Really sucks, get a good alarm that has the paging system :2purples: monitor :wink: at least if you are around you maybe able to stop them :hammerhea

Sweet Addiction
02-17-2005, 06:14 AM
I have always wondered about the issue of catching someone in your vechicle, is it legal to do something about like you say "a good beating would do" because I know if you catch someone in your house its fair game. Woops did I say game. :idea: Seems like you guys try and play by the rules so I would assume by reading that a beating would be legal, and fair.
Jared.

HEDJUG
02-17-2005, 06:19 AM
I grew up un Philly during the time when loud systems first became popular. I had three systems stolen, about 5 grand worth of stuff. The problem is, your system sells itself to any would be thief. You ride down the street bumping along and someone hears you. They follow you home and check out your stuff, then come back later. It could be a day, it could be three months later, but you they are almost impossible to stop. The only way to stop it from happening is to not put the junk in the car anymore.

switchin'addiction
02-17-2005, 06:34 AM
Nothing worse than a scumbag fuc*@ng thief!!! I would like to agree with everyone else about a paging system & a good beating, but in todays times you never know what kind of a freak you might be sneaking up on. Is he packin'? You never know. These people live outside of the law so you never know what they are capable of until they do it. I say beat the f@*kers senseles if you get the opportunity, but just be careful!

wsuwrhr
02-17-2005, 07:11 AM
I have always wondered about the issue of catching someone in your vechicle, is it legal to do something about like you say "a good beating would do" because I know if you catch someone in your house its fair game. Woops did I say game. :idea: Seems like you guys try and play by the rules so I would assume by reading that a beating would be legal, and fair.
Jared.
I didn't know about the car, officer, I just found the guy in my entryway when he came through the front door.
Brian

repo man
02-17-2005, 07:25 AM
park in the garage. :sqeyes:

BoatPI
02-17-2005, 10:10 AM
Get a digital video recorder for your house. Install two iIR cameras on the outside of the house. They might still get your sh#t, but you will have a perfect image of them and their car to chow the cops and put on TV at 11PM. Someone will snitch them off.

Mike.A
02-17-2005, 10:18 AM
That sucks.
Makes you wonder sometimes is it worth having nice things.
If you can get your ins. to pay for it, I work for a company that has a vandalism and theft replacement division for car audio and such. pm me if you are in need.

wedge44
02-17-2005, 10:24 AM
Had friend who had SILENT ALARM...Went out with baseball bat....went too hospital with brain damage....we tease him and call him Baby Gerber now...food for thought...wedge

riverbound
02-17-2005, 10:40 AM
I have the Clifford Matrix alarm on my truck. It has the pager on it. I caught soemone trying to breaqk in my truck one night and let my two Rotty's out front. they chased him all the way down the street and scared the $hit out of him. Funny thing is we were having a rash of breakins in out area and after that night I haven't heard of anyone elses stuff getting broke into.
Hopefully the loser went and told all his friends about the two 120 pound rotty's that chased his a$$ down the street and to stay away from that neighborhood.

rrrr
02-17-2005, 10:47 AM
Unless you confronted the guy and had him attack you first, beating him senseless for being inside your car would not be legal. I'm not sure if anybody would charge you, but it's definately illegal.
In Texas, if it's dark and someone breaks into your vehicle using lethal force is legal. During the day, it's not.
Few months ago here in Dallas a guy leaned out his apartment window, shot and killed a guy trying to steal his truck. No problemo....
Weird law, but that's the deal.

Jbb
02-17-2005, 10:50 AM
In Texas, if it's dark and someone breaks into your vehicle using lethal force is legal. During the day, it's not.
Few months ago here in Dallas a guy leaned out his apartment window, shot and killed a guy trying to steal his truck. No problemo....
Weird law, but that's the deal.
Weird law...maybe ...but I bet it acts somewhat as a deterrant to other criminals to see their colleagues dropping like flies... :hammerhea

Forkin' Crazy
02-17-2005, 10:55 AM
My dad used to keep a rattlesnake in his truck when he worked on the res. It seemed to do the trick!
That would work! :eek:
Had mine stolen last summer. It was 4 years old and the fXXking insurance co. would only pay 50%. :hammer2:

MKE - POWER
02-17-2005, 11:49 AM
SH$t!!! I was hit on the 6th. Took over $6k in tools and an XR50 in the bed of my truck overnight.
Truck was backed up against the garage in front of the house. Bastards came back 3days later in late afternoon and went through the cab and stole all my CD's. I hope those fockers enjoy my David Allen Coe!!
Poplice don't even come out to make a report.

MKE - POWER
02-17-2005, 11:55 AM
ShockwaveBob.
Good Ins? After they deduct what is not covered, determine depreciation on tools for replacement value?, and then deduct your deductable........ You are left with almost nothing! Insurance companys SUCK!
I,m rolling down the windows on the truck and waiting behind the fence with my buddies Smith and Wesson!

prosthogod
02-17-2005, 11:58 AM
SH$t!!! I was hit on the 6th. Took over $6k in tools and an XR50 in the bed of my truck overnight.
Truck was backed up against the garage in front of the house. Bastards came back 3days later in late afternoon and went through the cab and stole all my CD's. I hope those fockers enjoy my David Allen Coe!!
Poplice don't even come out to make a report.
The 50 was mine!!!

Outnumbered
02-17-2005, 12:02 PM
Damn thiefs just broke into my truck and stole the Fosgate stereo, speakers and amp. Right in front of my home!. I even had the face plate off the radio and hid under the seat.. They found that too. I know none of my friends are suspect.
Any ideas on what to leave for the next punk that tries it?
That blows. What part of Phoenix are you in? Usually these guys work in an area and move on. Just want to be sure they are not in my neck of the woods this week. Sorry to hear about that. I would get the cameras if you park outside. I never park outside and I still have cameras.
OL

Kurtis500
02-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Thanks for he ideas guys. I have no affection towards stereo systems, but this was a gift from my family. I never play it loud since I dont care for blaring music. I'm looking at buying some of the serious pepper spray guns and the silent alarm. I have no desire to get in a fight. I would rather give him my stereo than kill him over a fight. But a good shot of spray in the face may help him reconsider. Especially if I can mix a little sulfuric acid in the pepper....
I have already got my revenge....in a way
A few years ago I got broken into at a condo. They stole my radio, tools and etc. What I didnt know till later was they went to another place and were caught trying to break into someone elses car by an off duty Avondale police officer. The kids, 2 18 year olds, a 15 year and a 14 year old jumped into the van and tried to run the cop over. The officer emptied his gun into the van killing one and wounding another. The driver was unhurt, but got charged with homocide since his friend died as a result of his actions. 3 down out of the 4. I still dont feel a bit sorry for any of them, even the 18 yo that got killed. Got my stuff back too!

Kurtis500
02-17-2005, 03:07 PM
On another 'unrelated' note, I always wanted to buy an M1 Garand. I just may do it. My friend had one and was a gun dealer. Of all the guns I've shot (LOTS!) that is by far the best. Can put a bayonet on it too in case you dont want to hurt em with the 30-06 round.... :D :D

Kurtis500
02-17-2005, 03:11 PM
That blows. What part of Phoenix are you in? Usually these guys work in an area and move on. Just want to be sure they are not in my neck of the woods this week. Sorry to hear about that. I would get the cameras if you park outside. I never park outside and I still have cameras.
OL
I live between Central and 7th street south of Bethany Home. A great neighborhood! I am the second one to get broken into since I moved here 7.5 years ago. I think these scumbags are everywhere. My friend lives in Arrowhead lakes and walked outside to see his car was stolen just over a month ago. Who would have thought the dirtbags would go there to get his Honda...?? never did find it.

Forkin' Crazy
02-17-2005, 06:47 PM
On another 'unrelated' note, I always wanted to buy an M1 Garand. I just may do it. My friend had one and was a gun dealer. Of all the guns I've shot (LOTS!) that is by far the best. Can put a bayonet on it too in case you dont want to hurt em with the 30-06 round.... :D :D
That M1 Garand is one hell of a gun. Quite collectable if you can find a clean one with matching parts. I have an M1 Carbine, and the Garand is the next to buy on my list. :)
Just make sure you remove all digits quickly after loading the bandolier. The bolt slamming shut is kinda hard on the fingers...LOL! ;)

Kurtis500
02-17-2005, 07:10 PM
How do you like the carbine? I almost bought one for $70 years ago!
My dad used the M1 in the airborne years ago. That bolt slamming shut on your finger was called getting the 'M1 thumb'.

Forkin' Crazy
02-17-2005, 07:32 PM
How do you like the carbine? I almost bought one for $70 years ago!
My dad used the M1 in the airborne years ago. That bolt slamming shut on your finger was called getting the 'M1 thumb'.
HAHA!!!! That's funny! I guess because I have had one! :) I got a buddy of mine that has several. I got him looking.
:D
I love my Carbine. It was made by Saginaw Steering Division of GM in the early 40's. I added a sling, oiler and canvas gun case that are dated 1943. :D
The only things that don't match is it has an M2 stock and an Inland trigger guard. :)
Even though it's one of the funnest guns to shoot that I own, I don't shoot it that much. If I want to beat up on something, I take something cheap like the SKS. I am thinking about building a paratrooper carbine to beat around with though. The originals are too rare to do that with.

Cas
02-17-2005, 09:10 PM
I dunno but with all the people having theft issues around here, I'm wondering if there isn't a bad element watching these boards to see what people have?
Think about it, we've all given out a ton of info about ourselves, wouldn't be too hard to figure out the rest.

Outnumbered
02-17-2005, 09:15 PM
I dunno but with all the people having theft issues around here, I'm wondering if there isn't a bad element watching these boards to see what people have?
Think about it, we've all given out a ton of info about ourselves, wouldn't be too hard to figure out the rest.
Good point, gotta be careful what you say/type.
OL

Jordy
02-17-2005, 09:31 PM
That is why most of the pics I post don't stay up long. :)