PDA

View Full Version : OMG...My Wife got a JOB !!!

mtndewdrops
02-17-2005, 07:13 AM
After 15 years of staying home with the kids, she finally flew out of the nest and got a part time job. Congratulations Honey!
I can't wait to see that first paycheck.... :2purples:

a catered life
02-17-2005, 07:22 AM
sounds like someones got help on the boat gas this year :D

JetBoatRich
02-17-2005, 07:34 AM
Congratulations to her :jawdrop: sounds you both were lucky for her to be there for the kids :cool:
What kind of job

Mohavekid
02-17-2005, 08:36 AM
Congratulations to you. You've done a great thing to have your wife be home with the kids for their first years.
Now you can enjoy some of the extra things you've missed out on $$$$.

WYRD
02-17-2005, 08:51 AM
After 15 years of staying home with the kids, she finally flew out of the nest and got a part time job. Congratulations Honey!
I can't wait to see that first paycheck.... :2purples:
You know she is gonna say who the F**K is that FICA guy he is taking all my money!!!! Congrats on the job way to keep America running!! :mix:

4-B
02-17-2005, 09:03 AM
'bout time she went to work. j/k. The opportunity for stay-at-home parents are rare these days. Congrats to both of you.

Havasu_Dreamin
02-17-2005, 09:10 AM
Stay at home moms are just about a thing of the past in today's So. Cal since you need so much damn money to live here! But your kids will be better for it I suspect.

mtndewdrops
02-17-2005, 09:36 AM
Congratulations to her :jawdrop: sounds you both were lucky for her to be there for the kids :cool:
What kind of job
Yes, We all feel fortunate to have been able to swing things on one income.
She is working part time as an office assistant for a company that processes Insurance Benefit claims. Filing, MS Word, Quick Books, stuff like that.

Ziggy
02-17-2005, 09:56 AM
DEW has got a cash flow increase :p ................now you can keep the boat. :rollside: :rollside:
How's my god-daughter doing? You better be treating her good :p :smile: :smile: With Curt having a baby soon she will be a god-great aunt..........or something like that-LOL

HCS
02-17-2005, 12:06 PM
That's great! she was able to stay home with the kids. My wife works and has her own business on the side. Need that almighty dollar.

jbtrailerjim
02-17-2005, 12:24 PM
You are very lucky to be able to afford to have let your wife stay home with the kids all of these years. When we started a family, the wife really would have loved to be able to stay home. But the lifestyle we had grown accustomed to living was not going to still happen, if she was going to stay home. I offered to let her do it but she loves having a nice home, a boat to go to the river in and she didn't wanna give all that up. Thank God!! I don't know what I would do if I was boatless. :cry: ;) :D

mtndewdrops
02-17-2005, 01:02 PM
DEW has got a cash flow increase :p ................now you can keep the boat. :rollside: :rollside:
How's my god-daughter doing? You better be treating her good :p :smile: :smile: With Curt having a baby soon she will be a god-great aunt..........or something like that-LOL
Yeah, the boat stays, if anything goes, it is the Havasu Pad. I hate to do it, but the double mortgage is killing me.
Ashley is sick right now...ear infection and flu. :frown:
Thanks everyone for the positive feedback. :D

Essex502
02-17-2005, 01:05 PM
Teach her Pro/E and let her get a high paying contractor position and then you won't have to sell anything!

Havasu_Dreamin
02-17-2005, 01:08 PM
Yeah, the boat stays, if anything goes, it is the Havasu Pad. I hate to do it, but the double mortgage is killing me.
Maybe rent it out in the winter to snowbirds? I know some people do that and what they get ends up paying for the whole year ar at least a good portion of it.

mtndewdrops
02-17-2005, 01:13 PM
Maybe rent it out in the winter to snowbirds? I know some people do that and what they get ends up paying for the whole year ar at least a good portion of it.
Thanks Scott,
We are doing that now. We have someone there from Jan thru March for $1200 a month. It is the other 9 months that makes it rough. It wouldn't be so bad but the place has a pool and that sure makes it more expensive.
I am thinking that a Hotel isn't so bad.

mtndewdrops
02-17-2005, 01:15 PM
Teach her Pro/E and let her get a high paying contractor position and then you won't have to sell anything!
That would be awesome, but she can't handle the 3D. I start rotating the model on the screen and she starts feeling queasy...

Havasu_Dreamin
02-17-2005, 01:33 PM
Thanks Scott,
We are doing that now. We have someone there from Jan thru March for $1200 a month. It is the other 9 months that makes it rough. It wouldn't be so bad but the place has a pool and that sure makes it more expensive.
I am thinking that a Hotel isn't so bad.
Oh, didn't realize you were already leasing it out. For some reason it seems tha tthe blue hairs were renting for shorter terms this winter, from what I heard. It used to be you could get bluehairs to lease it from November to April.
The pool definitely does add to the monthly expense. I think our highest elctric bill was $125, but we don't have a pool........yet.

mtndewdrops
02-17-2005, 03:57 PM
Oh, didn't realize you were already leasing it out. For some reason it seems tha tthe blue hairs were renting for shorter terms this winter, from what I heard. It used to be you could get bluehairs to lease it from November to April.
The pool definitely does add to the monthly expense. I think our highest elctric bill was $125, but we don't have a pool........yet.
Yes, I think the winters are getting shorter...Global Warming? Think about that pool dealio...During the summer months the bills are $200 and the cheapest one I saw in the winter was $80 and everything in the house was off except the pool filter. Oh yeah, and don't forget the $65 a month for the pool maintenence. Plus you are supposed to drain it once a year in Havasu because of the water is hard.