PDA

View Full Version : What do you think gas will cost this summer?

Freak
02-17-2005, 07:17 AM
Average Nationally -- $2.50 a gallon. :supp:
Cali -- $2.80 to 3 a gallon. :sqeyes:

switchin'addiction
02-17-2005, 07:21 AM
$1.68 right now in MO. Got up to $1.90 something last summer.

a catered life
02-17-2005, 07:21 AM
for the car $2.30 for the boat your first born, a kidney, your right thumb, a cup of the special stuff (and i do mean the special stuff :frown: ) followed with a shot of vodka

NOTALENT
02-17-2005, 07:23 AM
ahh.shit dont start this..im already getting mad thinking about it..Every day I See it creeping up.. 2.07 right now..

lucky
02-17-2005, 07:24 AM
I- go with 280 a gallon - but wait all get even - wait to see what trucking rates are this summer :) :devil:

Freak
02-17-2005, 07:31 AM
You love posting those low #'s don't ya. LOL....gets peeps fired up.

JetBoatRich
02-17-2005, 07:39 AM
We complain every year :hammer2: but it did not slow us down last year on taking the boat out :cool:
Want to play :eek: you have to pay :eek:

Mrs.Racer277
02-17-2005, 07:42 AM
Atleast $2.80. And Rich is correct we willl pay it regardless. :)

HavaTan
02-17-2005, 07:45 AM
God, I hate to admit that, but it's true...
I just paid 2.24 for diesel and it made me sick.

switchin'addiction
02-17-2005, 07:45 AM
You love posting those low #'s don't ya. LOL....gets peeps fired up.
:D :D

kp216
02-17-2005, 07:46 AM
Yup, we got that going for us, which is about the only good thing happening here in the great State of Misery. :D
Y'all get to boat essentially year round... we get about 3 good months. :cry:
And besides, who really WON'T go boating because gas got 'spensive? :rollside:

switchin'addiction
02-17-2005, 07:49 AM
Yup, we got that going for us, which is about the only good thing happening here in the great State of Misery. :D
Y'all get to boat essentially year round... we get about 3 good months. :cry:
And besides, who really WON'T go boating because gas got 'spensive? :rollside:
You hit that nail on the head KP!!

BarryMac
02-17-2005, 07:58 AM
$2.50 at least... :burningm: :burningm: :burningm:

Lightning
02-17-2005, 07:58 AM
I think on the docks it will be about 2.85 a gallon. In town around 2.25 to 2.50

Havasu_Dreamin
02-17-2005, 07:59 AM
I suspect you will see more people just cruising to a cove and hanging out all day as opposed to blasting up and down the river. That's not to say people won't cruise around all day, because they will, but the typical gathering spots might be a little more crowded this summer. I feel for anyone that will have to purchase gas on the water. :2purples: :2purples::2purples::2purples:

jdf
02-17-2005, 07:59 AM
diesel 1.89 gas 1.75 in tx

HammerDown
02-17-2005, 08:15 AM
What ever "gas" cost you can bet at least in my area, DIESEL fuel will be higher...and that's BS :burningm:

Liberator TJ1984
02-17-2005, 08:16 AM
Hook up is still Locked In :D
$ 2.75 gal. 110 Octaine / gotta buy by the drum :notam: but that ain't no problem

NashvilleBound
02-17-2005, 08:18 AM
Its $1.65 right now but should hit a rediculous $1.80 this summer....

Freak
02-17-2005, 08:25 AM
What ever "gas" cost you can bet at least in my area, DIESEL fuel will be higher...and that's BS :burningm:
I agree. TOTAL B.S. Riddle me this why would a product cost more if it takes less to make it? Anyone anyone please explain.
Diesel, less refined gasoline. Called fuel oil.
The only excuse I can think up is gas should cost more but john q public will have a fit. So they offset by charging more for diesel.
Soon diesel will be cheaper.

FRENCHIE
02-17-2005, 08:26 AM
an arm and a leg!! :p

Freak
02-17-2005, 08:26 AM
Its $1.65 right now but should hit a rediculous $1.80 this summer....
Why is it so cheap where you live? Is it a supply/demand thing or in house hold income low in that area?

WYRD
02-17-2005, 08:49 AM
I agree. TOTAL B.S. Riddle me this why would a product cost more if it takes less to make it? Anyone anyone please explain.
Diesel, less refined gasoline. Called fuel oil.
The only excuse I can think up is gas should cost more but john q public will have a fit. So they offset by charging more for diesel.
Soon diesel will be cheaper.
Something called supply and demand-------we want supply and the demand our wallets!!!! :crossx: :220v:

Havasu_Dreamin
02-17-2005, 08:49 AM
Keep in mind th margin that the refiners charge here in So. Cal is somewhere around $.65 a gallon whereas on the gulf coast it is around $.20. Out West we get screwed by the oil companies in mass collusion. It's a phuckin joke!

Slider
02-17-2005, 09:19 AM
About 150.00 to 200.00 a day

mtndewdrops
02-17-2005, 09:42 AM
I am guessing $2.65 a gallon ...we are getting screwed because of the "SPECIAL BLEND" that only California requires.
Oh well, that is what we have to pay for a good time. :220v:

Freak
02-17-2005, 09:50 AM
About 150.00 to 200.00 a day
CHA CHING

OutCole'd
02-17-2005, 09:52 AM
Why is deisel almost as much as premium????

Eliminator 4 Life
02-17-2005, 09:54 AM
I just paid 2.19 for diesel there is no reason for it to be more then gas. These truck drivers need to do something to put a stop to this shit :boxingguy :lightsabe :burningm:

Ziggy
02-17-2005, 10:22 AM
Simply too much.... :( :(
The diesel discrepancy really chaps my hide too. :burningm:

shadow
02-17-2005, 11:38 AM
My take on this is Who cares what gas prices are during the summer.Nothing i can do to change it and the price of gas sure won't stop me from boating.
I say if you wanna bitch about something bitch about the price of new boats
these days.Anyone going to stop boating due to the price of gas?There will be several that will not be able to upgrade in boats due to the increase of cost in a new boat.I don't understand whats different from last years model to this years to justify a 10k increase or even more.Materials go up that much each year?Sorry for the rant. :)

Eliminator 4 Life
02-17-2005, 11:40 AM
My take on this is Who cares what gas prices are during the summer.Nothing i can do to change it and the price of gas sure won't stop me from boating.
these days.Anyone going to stop boating due to the price of gas?There will be several that will not be able to upgrade in boats due to the increase of cost in a new boat.I don't understand whats different from last years model to this years to justify a 10k increase or even more.Materials go up that much each year?Sorry for the rant. :)
Shadow you got a point my brother

a catered life
02-17-2005, 11:42 AM
an arm and a leg!! :p
for you french just one arm and 1/4 leg what up dog? hows it going

shadow
02-17-2005, 11:44 AM
Shadow you got a point my brother
Boned before even getting to the pumps. :D But that aint gonna stop me from my favorite pass time either.Anything nice and worth having is gonna cost something weather it's time or money or both.

Eliminator 4 Life
02-17-2005, 11:56 AM
Boned before even getting to the pumps. :D But that aint gonna stop me from my favorite pass time either.Anything nice and worth having is gonna cost something weather it's time or money or both.
Yea I hear you and in the end Its All Good :D

Freak
02-17-2005, 11:56 AM
Sooner or later people will start to care unless your wealthy. People will cut it out when operational costs get to be to much. Which will affect the industry. Couple hundred to fill the boat 60+ for the truck food, drinks.
Why the run-up in boat costs. In one word CHINA. China is now the major player in the world. Sucking up all the materials. Make no mistake about it. By WILLIAM C. MANN, Associated Press Writer
WASHINGTON - For decades, while China was closed to business from the United States, American companies lusted over the boundless merchandise market that such a big country was certain to offer one day. Now that day has come: China has surpassed the United States in consumption of every basic food, energy and industrial commodity except oil.
The Chinese have overtaken the Americans in refrigerators, watch 1 1/2 times as many television sets and use 1-2/3 as many cell phones. Only in automobiles does China still lag, with barely one-tenth the number of motor vehicles the United States has on its roads.
A report released Wednesday by the environmental advocate Earth Policy Institute said, however, that per capita consumption in China remains far below that of the United States.
China's 1.3 billion people ate 64 million tons of meat in 2004, for instance, compared with 38 million tons consumed by the 297 million people in the United States. That's an annual intake of 108 pounds of meat — mainly pork, with half the world's pigs in China — for every Chinese and 279 pounds of steak, hot dogs and fried chicken for every American.
Fertilizer to grow more food is a measure of more growth to come in China's food consumption. It was double that of the United States in 2004, and both countries cover roughly 3.8 million square miles.
Steel is the commodity that most reflects a modernizing country, and China was using more than twice as much as the United States by 2003. "Steel consumption has climbed to levels not seen in any other country," the report said.
The consumption report said American dominance in automobiles — 226 million to 24 million — is one reason the United States uses three times as much oil as China. Another major fossil fuel product, coal, amounts to two-thirds of China's energy consumption, and its homes and factories burn 40 percent more than those in the United States.
The report was issued on the day the Kyoto Protocol (news - web sites) was enacted by 35 industrialized states. The protocol is designed to cut into pollutants caused by fossil fuels, the so-called greenhouse gases.
The protocol has no effect on greenhouse gas production in either country. As negotiated, the protocol considers China a developing country that needs not cut back. The United States withdrew from the protocol four years ago.
To feed its consumption, China imports massive quantities of grain, soybeans, iron ore, aluminum, platinum and many other products, which the report said puts its economy "at the center of the world raw materials economy. Its voracious appetite for materials is driving up not only commodity prices but ocean shipping rates as well."
Many of those goods come through government-to-government agreements from countries rich in resources, such as Brazil, Kazakhstan, Russia, Indonesia and Australia. Ironically, China keeps its trade balance stable partly by maintaining the largest trade surplus of any country ever with the United States, $162 billion in 2004. That was one-fourth of the overall record $617.7 billion U.S. trade deficit

moneypit
02-17-2005, 12:21 PM
Your in the wrong sport if your worried about gas prices. I quit when I bought a H2

switchin'addiction
02-17-2005, 12:27 PM
Best response so far IMO!

Freak
02-17-2005, 12:29 PM
So if gas was 5 bucks a gallon you would still fill up?

shadow
02-17-2005, 12:33 PM
Sooner or later people will start to care unless your wealthy. People will cut it out when operational costs get to be to much. Which will affect the industry. Couple hundred to fill the boat 60+ for the truck food, drinks.
Why the run-up in boat costs. In one word CHINA. China is now the major player in the world. Sucking up all the materials. Make no mistake about it. By WILLIAM C. MANN, Associated Press Writer
WASHINGTON - For decades, while China was closed to business from the United States, American companies lusted over the boundless merchandise market that such a big country was certain to offer one day. Now that day has come: China has surpassed the United States in consumption of every basic food, energy and industrial commodity except oil.
The Chinese have overtaken the Americans in refrigerators, watch 1 1/2 times as many television sets and use 1-2/3 as many cell phones. Only in automobiles does China still lag, with barely one-tenth the number of motor vehicles the United States has on its roads.
A report released Wednesday by the environmental advocate Earth Policy Institute said, however, that per capita consumption in China remains far below that of the United States.
China's 1.3 billion people ate 64 million tons of meat in 2004, for instance, compared with 38 million tons consumed by the 297 million people in the United States. That's an annual intake of 108 pounds of meat — mainly pork, with half the world's pigs in China — for every Chinese and 279 pounds of steak, hot dogs and fried chicken for every American.
Fertilizer to grow more food is a measure of more growth to come in China's food consumption. It was double that of the United States in 2004, and both countries cover roughly 3.8 million square miles.
Steel is the commodity that most reflects a modernizing country, and China was using more than twice as much as the United States by 2003. "Steel consumption has climbed to levels not seen in any other country," the report said.
The consumption report said American dominance in automobiles — 226 million to 24 million — is one reason the United States uses three times as much oil as China. Another major fossil fuel product, coal, amounts to two-thirds of China's energy consumption, and its homes and factories burn 40 percent more than those in the United States.
The report was issued on the day the Kyoto Protocol (news - web sites) was enacted by 35 industrialized states. The protocol is designed to cut into pollutants caused by fossil fuels, the so-called greenhouse gases.
The protocol has no effect on greenhouse gas production in either country. As negotiated, the protocol considers China a developing country that needs not cut back. The United States withdrew from the protocol four years ago.
To feed its consumption, China imports massive quantities of grain, soybeans, iron ore, aluminum, platinum and many other products, which the report said puts its economy "at the center of the world raw materials economy. Its voracious appetite for materials is driving up not only commodity prices but ocean shipping rates as well."
Many of those goods come through government-to-government agreements from countries rich in resources, such as Brazil, Kazakhstan, Russia, Indonesia and Australia. Ironically, China keeps its trade balance stable partly by maintaining the largest trade surplus of any country ever with the United States, $162 billion in 2004. That was one-fourth of the overall record $617.7 billion U.S. trade deficit
Wellwith all that said,
That explains why a decent brand 21ft open bow boat with stock power is around 40k. :confused:

Eliminator 4 Life
02-17-2005, 12:34 PM
with out a doubt :D

shadow
02-17-2005, 12:38 PM
Thought i wouldn't??
Just means less crowds.What else you gonna do sit at home.Not me.I can justify the price of fuel for something i enjoy so much.just means i wont be doing other upgrades or would trimm expenses in other areas.
Now back to work so i can pay for all this expense. :rollside:

jackpunx
02-17-2005, 12:40 PM
Thought i wouldn't??
Just meansless crowds.What else you gonna do sit at home.Not me.I can justify the price of fuel for something i enjoy so much.just means i wont be doing other upgrades or would trimm expenses in other areas.
You said it all right there :)

HCS
02-17-2005, 12:46 PM
I always fuel up. Boating is what I live for. No one ever said it was cheep, it's a luxury. See that Suburban in my sig? can you say gas hog! It doesn't stop me from having fun. Like said above I'll just cut back somewhere else.
Like drink a little less beer. :cool:

Freak
02-17-2005, 12:50 PM
LOL I gotta hand it to the hard core.

jackpunx
02-17-2005, 12:52 PM
LOL I gotta hand it to the hard core.
Im strung out like a research monkey..

737jetmech
02-17-2005, 12:53 PM
About $5.25 a gallon for C12 ... if you buy race fuel :hammerhea

shadow
02-17-2005, 12:56 PM
Now lets talk about insurance since we like to talk about getting boned. :frown:
Gas is the least of my worries.

Freak
02-17-2005, 01:10 PM
Im strung out like a research monkey..
LOL yes you are....and your shit is badass. I'm a big fan of small hot boats and stoker is top of the list. A killer hull.

HCS
02-17-2005, 01:14 PM
Now lets talk about insurance since we like to talk about getting boned. :frown:
Insurance is the biggest rip off I have in my bill pile. Now that can strike a nerve. :mad:

Eliminator 4 Life
02-17-2005, 01:17 PM
Ill drink to that I cant even get my 28 daytona because of insurance :umm: :eek:

burtandnancy
02-17-2005, 03:12 PM
As much as the oil corps can get away with so they can give their CEO's multimillion $ salarys and HUGE bonus's on top of that. Its time to buy stock in Shell, Mobile, Exxon and others...