PDA

View Full Version : Best SS driver of all time

haulina29
02-17-2005, 07:36 AM
Vote for one

V-DRIVE VIDEO
02-17-2005, 08:27 AM
No disrespect to the above list but what about...
Pettingill
McCardle
St. John
Suiter
Gordy
Sneed
??????

Jordy
02-17-2005, 08:40 AM
How about Bergeron?

ss19crew
02-17-2005, 09:23 AM
How about ...
Paul Fitzgerald
Truitt
Pettingill
Gordy
Brian Olis

lucky
02-17-2005, 09:36 AM
rankin is a contender

NitroMan
02-17-2005, 09:48 AM
rankin is a contender
Lucky,
The only superstock boats youve ever seen were in Hud's wild v-drives thread :rolleyes:

Kevin Boyntin
02-17-2005, 09:52 AM
rankin is a contender
Dude you need to shut that hole below your nose and keep it shut.

lucky
02-17-2005, 09:54 AM
Lucky,
The only superstock boats youve ever seen were in Hud's wild v-drives thread :rolleyes:
no --your almost right :eek: - redbluff a few - - i just LOVE thAT BOAT , LANCE KICKED ASS AT REDBLUFF - AND I GO TO THE DRAGS TO WATCH THE CIRCLES --

lucky
02-17-2005, 09:57 AM
SO ALL YOU DICKS CAN POKE FUN AT THIS LIL VIRGIN - IT'S ALL RIGHT - I CAN TAKE IT - i'LL JUST BUCK A LIL WITH THE BIG DICKS :eek:

Larry Nebb
02-17-2005, 10:35 AM
I say it's Larry Edger only because his name is well..... LARRY

CircleJerk
02-17-2005, 10:36 AM
Ya, no disrespect BUT.........Lance was great winning 8 out of 8 his last year of competition. Truitt not only helped train him but continues to train others and share boats with the new needles gang, just ask him! Maybe he's the MOST HUMBLE since he told me he never drove! His SS34 Miss Downtown was one, someone know the others? Hey Truitt, what's your record, win loss? of course, if I ever get any video of Gordy, then I might be more informed and make a better choice, but for now its anybodys guess. But did someone mention: Paul Grichar, Donald Dew, George Nordling, Dave Vilwock, Steve Jones, etc, there are so many my head is spinning. Maybe you should say who's the most famous in 2005 and for stupid rookies like myself Lance is the first to pop into my pea brain! I saw his brilliant performances. Inspiring. While on the subject, thanks Bill Faulkner for sharing Lavey stuff with a jErK.

GofastRacer
02-17-2005, 11:19 AM
How bout Stevie Smith!..

Rexone
02-17-2005, 01:21 PM
How bout Al Bush

Roman 1
02-17-2005, 02:10 PM
SO ALL YOU DICKS CAN POKE FUN AT THIS LIL VIRGIN - IT'S ALL RIGHT - I CAN TAKE IT - i'LL JUST BUCK A LIL WITH THE BIG DICKS :eek:
Go easy on Lucky, she's out of her element talking about boats...
R1 :eek:

biesemeyer
02-17-2005, 02:19 PM
How about Gary Mitch out of Minnesota. 37 Consective wins in '74 and '75
in SS 86 PSYCHO.

haulina29
02-17-2005, 02:20 PM
Rexone lmao :)

Terminal Velocity
02-17-2005, 02:28 PM
Gotta throw in my buddy Gus Schade (RIP friend). He finally was able to step into a boat and truly show how great a driver he truly was!
No offense to anyone's boat he ever drove but he finally got ALL the best pieces in place at the same time.

Moneypitt
02-17-2005, 04:49 PM
I think all of the drivers mentioned have had their day in the sun, but it is very hard to try to compare drivers that have been outstanding at different points in time. Even to compare win/loss records when different circumstances were present, different drivers to compete against, different rules and race venues, really tough competition, or average? True there are some real standouts, but how would those standouts do against standouts from another time? I personally respect all the drivers I have ever seen, and I must agree that the SS ers put on the best show on the water, so they must all be good, some better, but all good...............MP

the real k-boat king
02-17-2005, 05:00 PM
Pettingill
McCardle
St. John
Suiter
Gordy
Sneed
??????BILLY B HANDS DOWN.

CircleJerk
02-18-2005, 09:45 AM
Billy WHO, Oh you mean that painter guy who runs 140 just cruising? Anyone seen this? Did he have his helmet on? Is he still taking weight out of the boat? :hammerhea

sneed
02-18-2005, 05:53 PM
Pettingill
McCardle
St. John
Suiter
Gordy
Sneed
??????
I am just happy to have gordy on top of me . ;)

Rexone
02-18-2005, 10:11 PM
I am just happy to have gordy on top of me . ;)
:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Hallett
02-19-2005, 11:52 PM
wow mike you changed, i guss you have to come clean some time :D

the real k-boat king
02-21-2005, 07:01 PM
Ya, no disrespect BUT.........Lance was great winning 8 out of 8 his last year of competition. Truitt not only helped train him but continues to train others and share boats with the new needles gang, just ask him! Maybe he's the MOST HUMBLE since he told me he never drove! His SS34 Miss Downtown was one, someone know the others? Hey Truitt, what's your record, win loss? of course, if I ever get any video of Gordy, then I might be more informed and make a better choice, but for now its anybodys guess. But did someone mention: Paul Grichar, Donald Dew, George Nordling, Dave Vilwock, Steve Jones, etc, there are so many my head is spinning. Maybe you should say who's the most famous in 2005 and for stupid rookies like myself Lance is the first to pop into my pea brain! I saw his brilliant performances. Inspiring. While on the subject, thanks Bill Faulkner for sharing Lavey stuff with a jErK.truit beal never trained lance, i don't know where you got your info but all truit was, was a friend.

the real k-boat king
02-21-2005, 07:04 PM
I am just happy to have gordy on top of me . ;)sneed you mean haulina29 don't you.

haulina29
02-21-2005, 10:46 PM
Im suprised Scott Steele didnt get any votes , also i would have thought there may have been more write ins no write in got more than two votes , time for the moderator to lock this poll down . :)

CircleJerk
02-21-2005, 10:54 PM
truit beal never trained lance, i don't know where you got your info but all truit was, was a friend.
Ok "train" was the wrong word, I didnt mean to imply that Truit was the only one who supplied encouragement and advise from time to time. I am sure you Marlene and Bill owned the biggest contribution to Lances huge success. An outsider like me couldnt help but admire his ambition, hard work, and desire to be the very best! He seemed to be a 'Natural' at driving fast.

uclahater
02-22-2005, 08:58 AM
Brian Bergeron sure did dominate for a couple of years, as Lance did :idea: Look how good Ty has done with great equipment :idea: Gus proved to be very strong in great equipment also :idea: Dave Bryant has been known to dominate to :idea:
So my question is which boat has had the most success :idea:

taxman
02-22-2005, 10:04 AM
What did Goettl drive