PDA

View Full Version : Berkley vs Dominator

Lightning
06-23-2001, 03:07 PM
Does anyone have any info on Berkley vs Dominator Jets.
Performance, reliability, etc...
I have a new boat on the way (21' Lightning) and ordered a Dominator Jet with Diverter and Setback pump. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks..

ULTRA28
06-24-2001, 09:47 AM
Haven't had a chance to try he new Berkeley yet, I've got two on order. We use the dominator all the time, for the most part they are pretty good. Sometimes we have a hard time getting them to warranty things that should be covered and we end up having to eat the repair cost. Whatever you do, don't get the american turbine trim (diverter) that they push with the dominator jet. Don't settle for anything less than a Place Diverter.

ChetCapoli
06-24-2001, 02:13 PM
Hey ultra28,
what the matter with the turbine trim? Someone told me the ball and socket setup they have leaks pretty bad...is that why?
thanks--chet

ULTRA28
06-25-2001, 08:36 AM
In the all the way down postion, the turbine trim may lock the steering in whatever direction the wheel is, you have to either let off the gas or trim up in order to steer. I bought back every turbine trim I installed.

SPECTRABRENT
06-25-2001, 09:03 PM
Berkeley must be doing something right, 95% of the jet boats at the NJBA races are using a Berkeley pump.
I would go with a Berkeley
Brent

rivercrazy
06-26-2001, 03:28 PM
I'd go with the Dominator. If you decide on the Berkely route, go with the Legend instead.

ChetCapoli
06-26-2001, 06:04 PM
Hey spectrabrent,
i bet if you ask all those guys with berk pumps at the races what they have inside them
it wont be berkeley. they will probably tell you dominator or aggressor.
chet.

phillyray
06-26-2001, 07:12 PM
Hey Chet,what are you a sale's rep. for Aggressor or mabey a factory plant? Just kidden,I use a Agg.Imp and Droop on my Berk.Aggressor is very heavy into R@D.There working on something really neet,so keep your eyes and ears open.PhillyRay...A.K.A. HammerDown.

Slow Boat 001
06-26-2001, 08:07 PM
yea right!!!
[This message has been edited by Slow Boat 001 (edited January 29, 2002).]

LS7
06-26-2001, 09:38 PM
Chet,
"bet" "if" "probably" in one statement.....classic dude
i bet if you ask all those guys with berk pumps at the races what they have inside them
chet

ChetCapoli
06-27-2001, 06:27 AM
Hey LS7,
i only graduated the 10th grade and failed english class, sorry. I'm just tellin it like it is anyways "dude". All i was trying to say is that its what's inside that counts. If you look at my boat the pump says "berkeley" but everything else is different. I'm sure it goes for alot of others out there too. Besides, i'm just a lake boat man, listen to slowboat, he races and tells it like it is too.
chet.
P.S. If you have something to say, i'm listening "dude".

LS7
06-27-2001, 07:40 AM
Chet,
Please enlighten me in this thread, where slowboat makes any reference to his "modified berk" having other parts other than Modified Berkeley.
Slowboat indicates that he now runs a "modified Dominator", are you going to tell everyone here that they should run a Dominator with Berkely on the inside, the next time this thread is started?
BTW, I don't even know how to bowl, so quit calling me DUDE.
LS
[This message has been edited by LS7 (edited June 27, 2001).]

rivercrazy
06-27-2001, 07:54 AM
I think the bottom line here is that if you have a newer Dominator, Agressor, American Turbine, or Legend, your getting a fairly tight pump rgiht out of the factory.
If you have an older and un-blueprinted Berkely, these pumps would perform better (Unless you B&B an older Berk)

ChetCapoli
06-27-2001, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by LS7:
Chet,
"bet" "if" "probably" in one statement.....classic dude
chet
Hey LS7,
Why dont we start from the beginning here...What exactly are you trying to say with the above "classic dude" statement? I'm trying the get the full gist of where you are going with this.
Maybe you can also be so kind as to explain to us viewers here what "modified dominator" and "modified berkeley" means? Mr. slowboat never mentioned what parts he has inside his pump right?
thanks---chet
P.S. what kind of boat are you runnin if you dont mind me asking?

LS7
06-27-2001, 08:44 AM
I heard you were a bowler. (dude)
LS

HBjet
06-27-2001, 10:06 AM
I have to get in this. Slow Boat, you said that when you had a Mod Berk (I take it was blue printed, both pump and impeller) that STOCK Dom's had the hole shot on you. That would be a "Reaction Time" problem, not a pump problem. Anyway, you decided to go with the Dom for your race boat, but say they are good for lake use, and if you want the best, use and Aggressor. So why didn't you go with the Aggressor? As far as I know, they cost less then any other pump because they sell direct to dealers.
Chet, Are you an Aggressor Dealer? Anyway, first you have stated that an Aggressor bowl will out perform any other bowl. Now that you realize most Drag Jet boats use Berk or even Legend, Dom, or AT. They all must have Aggressor or even Dom inside of them, right? Because an Berk bowl (blueprinted) with a Legend impeller couldn't possibly be a winning setup for drag boats, it must have something Aggressor...
Use what works best for your setup, just because one thing may work for your boat, doesn't mean everyone else will have the same results. There are to many factors to determine what the "perfect" pump setup is. My only advice is, listen to the guys who build and blueprint pumps for ski and race applications with PROVEN results. They know what works best for almost any setup.
HBjet
[This message has been edited by HBjet (edited June 27, 2001).]

Lightning
06-27-2001, 04:06 PM
Thanks for all of your feedback guys, I really appreciate it. It looks like I'm going to stick with the dominator.

ChetCapoli
06-27-2001, 06:20 PM
Hey HBJet,
i knew you couldnt resist. First off, hats off to you on your nice looking boat and woman, wish i was that fortunate.
Anyways, i'm just an ordinary guy who wants to go fast in his boat. If i told you you can buy a A/T bowl at eddie marine for $385 brand new,(you can) would i be a dealer for A/T or something? If i knew that when i needed it, i'd might have an A/T setup on my boat instead. Let me ask you, are you a sales rep for MPD? The way you talk you'd think he is the only one that should be working jets. Besides, I bet you can run real fast with a berk/legend setup, just like you can run real fast with and all chevy 502.
I spent alot of phone time with all sorts of guys found in ***boat mag (Big "A" perf, GS Marine, Jett perf,Dons pump,etc etc)before i bought stuff for my boat and MOST(not all) said one thing "use aggressor and you wont be dissapointed". I even talked with berk,A/T,Legend and aggressor. Guess who spent over an hour with me on the phone on their dime? That pretty rare if you ask me. That was right after that article came out in HB mag about the bowls/impellers..did you read it?
BTW, what performance shops do you recommend that have PROVEN results other than your shop? The list i mentioned above is some pretty tall company so...
Chet

Jetmugg
06-27-2001, 06:56 PM
I've been reading this post with interest. I know MikeW, who did the "Big Bowl Shootout", and I saw the actual bowls he used. While the testing he did was not strictly scientific and controlled, the results he posted were true for his setup. It's also true that his setup was not optimized for each bowl used, it was simply a swap-and-run test, just to see what would happen with the different bowls.
I'm sure it's possible to run well with pumps, bowls, intakes, impellers, and droops from all the major manufacturers. In some ways this is like the classic "Ford vs. Chevy" debate. (Chevy is best) The different brands have people who are loyal to their stuff.
I am personally very happy with my Dominator intake, bowl, impeller, and aggressor droop with manual place diverter.
Here's a head scratcher for everyone - If you have a Dominator intake, Berkeley Suction Housing, an Aggressor Bowl, AMT impeller and Droop Snoot, then what kind of jet drive do you have?
Hmmm,
SteveM.

HBjet
06-27-2001, 06:59 PM
You right Chet, I couldn't. LOL
No, I'm not a rep for MPD. There is only one person there who wears all of the hats, and thats Jack. Another thing, you won't find an add for him either, his sales reps are his customers who have experienced his work, or "Magic" as you might call it. I'm not saying everyone send in there pumps to MPD, and if you don't, your pump will suck. I'm not saying Aggressor is the worst pump to have, or "stuff inside" either. I've heard of Don's Pump service, and I've heard very good things, but he is far away. I've never heard of the other 2 you mentioned, but I am familar with GS marine. Hey, did you ask Greg if he is the one doing the work on the pumps? Maybe he is to busy to because he is writing up Jet Tech, oops, maybe not? who knows what he is doing besides getting rich. I could see all of these "TALL" companys telling you "use aggressor and you wont be dissapointed" because for the money, you won't be, and I can see them telling you that because the profit margin is the highest on those bowls, because they are sold directly to the dealers from Aggressor. I'm not racing my boat in the drags, and Aggressor is a very good solution, but when my pump builder tells me what will work BEST for my boat, I listen. After all, he builds the pumps for some of the fastest pump boats out there. Not saying the only fast pump boats, just some. I only want what works best for my boat and thats what I'm going to do. If I can't afford it, I save until I can.
Check this out, one if the boats MPD sponsers http://zaxisracing.com/
HBjet.

ChetCapoli
06-27-2001, 08:23 PM
hey hbjet,
as i said before, expand your horizons and travel a little farther than south CA and chat with people who race all thru the states from east to west. Maybe you'll get enlightened. I spent the time because i want to go as fast as i can, period.
You have never heard of Big "a" perf? How is that possible??? They have one of the biggest ads in the back of ***boat..."lowest prices guarenteed"...cant miss it. First thing that caught my eye. It's a toll free number, why not call for S%^$ and giggles and enlighten yourself? He's a big jetboat guy (20+yrs)..guess what he says is the best? As far as dons pump, he says dominator is the way to go, of course that's all he's used for 25yrs. All the others have been doing jets for a very long time too. I called them all.
Anyways, as far as the risky biz jet boat, i've seen and heard all about it. From what i have gathered on these boards he has an open checkbook for his fun. He SHOULD be going that fast when money is no object. If that was my boat, you can bet your bippy i'd be trying everyones jet parts, not just berk or legend. Besides, i'd be curious to see how fast that 1200hp jet would be with some aggressor parts on it.
Chet

SPECTRABRENT
06-27-2001, 08:46 PM
Chet,
What hull & motor are you running?
We already know what pump you have.
SpectraBrent

HBjet
06-27-2001, 10:46 PM
Chet, you are too much. There we go with the Aggressor. As for BIG A, I see the add, but I guess Hot Boat prints you a special copy, because its no bigger then lets say, GS, Rewarder, Hi Performance Boats, Legend. I guess I have it all wrong, because I live in Southern Cal. I don't know about you, but I've grown up going to and participating in IHBA and NJBA drags since I was 10yrs old. I was taught how to drive jet boats at Lost Lake and even ran in the Saturday night river races. I used to pit for a drag jet boat for a few years as well. Your right Chet, only the companys with 800 #'s and ads know what the real deal is. You can't trust someone who doesn't need either of them, but for some reason, they are always busy. All year around.......must be from selling all of those Aggressor bowls huh? As for the Risky Biz, you say open check book, I say the best parts......do you see an Aggressor bowl on that boat? Maybe if that check book wasn't so open you would. Like you said, if money wasn't an option you'd try everyones parts. Well he is, and WOW, there is no Aggressor. Maybe you can email him and give him the big break he's been needing, tell him to change to an Aggressor bowl and get another 2/10th's better in the quarter mile. I can't believe some one with so much money would listen to a shop without an 800# or even an ad. What is this boating world comming to. We all know we can't trust those guys....right?
Thank god Aggressor doesn't make a hull, or that would be the best boat out there and all of those Eliminator & CP Tunnels would just be converted to family wake board boats.
Chet, why don't you come out here, if you've never been. You say there is a lot of racing east of California, but aren't most races held in California.......what do I know though. Is there an 800# we can call?
I've spent time calling people too, and when I called Legend about a shoe for my intake, they asked me where I lived, I told them Southern California, they then told me to save some money and go see Jack and MPD, because he makes all of Legends shoes for them and he can set ip up perfectly to my boat. I must of had the wrong # though. Because why would one of these TALL companys tell me to go directly to there supplier sice I live near by. With me mentioning MPD all of the time, I'm surprised you haven't bothered calling him. I think you will be surprised.
HBjet

phillyray
06-28-2001, 03:29 AM
HB-Jet and Chet,you two are entertaining the hell out of me,some of the BEST forum reading I've ever done.Keep up the GREAT work.PhillyRay aka.HammerDown...PS I think Panther is the best Ha-Ha...just kiddin...carry-on.

Blown509Liberator
06-28-2001, 05:53 AM
There is only 1 "Sales Rep" here...And if you dont run Aggressor you cant run fast right Chet? You have carried this to far. Hey if your set up works for you. Hey good for you. Just don't push you crap on everyone else. Hey put your $.02 in and let it be. Just like everyone else has. We would have listened. But Chet, you have to get defensive and down right nasty when someone said they don't see the same results as you did. It is people like you who give this sport a bad name. So Lighten up Frances
MikeW

lakecrazy
06-28-2001, 05:56 AM
Hey, Bring it on! Your Aggressor bowl vs My Berkley C bowl LETS RACE!!!!!

ChetCapoli
06-28-2001, 07:51 AM
Hey mikew,
Me give the sport a bad name? Give me a break! I'm just a joeblow do-it-yourselfer in oaky finoaky land who wants to go fast. Correct me if i'm wrong but isnt it you who said on another board a while back when someone asked about impellers/rpm's in a daytona..maybe..anyways i quote "just my humble opinion but lose the aggressor impeller"," The jet "guru" guy said legend is the best so you should use a legend". You did say that right? Me give the sport a bad name??? Maybe you should look in the mirror...we should all work together so we can all go fast..period
Mind you now the guy had no problems with his impeller and was very happy, so what up with that? Just because it didnt work for you means you shouldnt use it? SOund familiar?? Could it be your setup was all wrong?? If it's anybody pushing stuff and getting defensive it is you and HBjet. Maybe slowboat and that sdba guy are plants too?? They dont use your shop and they seem to run pretty good.
Well from what HBjet says...sounds to me MPD must be a subsidiary of legend or maybe they are long lost cousins or something? Loyalty maybe???Probably why you'll never see anything but a legend/berk setup on that boat hmmmm???
BTW mikew, i'm running 80 with (i'm almost finished straightening it) with a 1/4 to 1/2 inch hook in the bottom of my V boat. Isnt too bad is it???. Guys say i should be in the 90range this year but who knows.You run 80 with a brand new TUNNEL. Difference of 150hp also and 800rpms and i gotta say i'm not impressed. If you think with berk or legend stuff will get me 100, i'm all for it. After all, MPD says it's the best right?
chet
P.S. hey mikew, with 800hp in a tunnel you should run ALL of 100mph. Curious on how fast you think you going to run?

LS7
06-28-2001, 08:06 AM
Chet,
Your biggest problem here is your close minded, and make things up as you go.
I have one question, Where have you seen or heard MPD EVER say one MFG was better than another???????????????
The answer to that question is precisely why he IS the man.
You seem to put words in MPD's mouth as if you work for MPD, we know thats not the case, maybe he needs an accountant, you interested?
LS
LS

Blown509Liberator
06-28-2001, 08:16 AM
Chet
Not impressed. Well was not trying to impress you. As for running 80 in a 21' foot tunnel hull with only 500 hp my impress a few people. As for the daytona I cant remember but i think he was a high on the RPM's As for MPD yes i use them and will always use them. Why well Because Jack had taken the time to help us poor old slow lake boaters do better tham the prop guys. Sorry my Feeling for Aggressor is for the poorp performance i say and for the Crappy Constrution of the droop snoot that i have still on my boat. I am sorry it should not have the problems with it i have after 2 season in an area that the seasons are only 4 mo long. I will not stoop to your level and rip on you set up. Hey if you like it great. I am glad it works for you. As for My opinion it is just that my opinion. As for the Dytona owner it was that my opinion. I did not tell him his set up suck or was crap because it he had aggressor part in there. Heck I called it as "I" saw it. So who needs to look in the mirrior?

HBjet
06-28-2001, 08:58 AM
Chet, if you call Jack, or even walk in his shop at any given time. You will find Berk, AT, Dom, Legend, and yes, Aggressor. If you ask him which split bowl is the best for the buck, he will tell you Aggressor. They make a good bowl for the dollar amount. If you ask him which is the best for max performance on a kick ass river rocket, It would probably be something else, and depend on your setup. If you insisted you want an Aggressor for that rocket, he'd tune it for you to meet your needs, but it wouldn't be his first choice. Aggressor is good, but not as good as you sell it. I hope your not on commssion.
Chet, we are all do-it-yourselfers too. You listen to your 800# companies, which I'm sure are very good. I'll listen to my pump shop who builds the pumps I see at the races.

phillyray
06-28-2001, 01:20 PM
Yo guys.... Lighten up a little! I think the reference about the 21 foot Daytona is about me. I'm running a Berkley pump with a aggressor A impeller because at the time when I bought my boat some 4 or 5 years ago, all the big names that I spoke to (at that time) told me the aggressor impeller was the most impressive unit. Personally I'm happy with the performance of my 21 foot Daytona which is just tickling the 80 mph mark at just under 5500 rpm on a good air day. I also don't feel the need to try another brand impellor which may or may not yeild me any positive results. Hey Chet, I'm with you on the aggressor stuff at least I like their impellor. However, I do feel you might be pushing the issue a little but on the other hand I don't feel that the game is too fair when it seems that you're being ganged up on. Bottom line.... Use what you use and let's just boat.PhillyRay...AKA...HammerDown.

phillyray
06-28-2001, 01:34 PM
Oh yea,those rpm+mph #'s are with a heavy boat full of fuel,cooler,back seat in ect.I don't belive in leaving stuff on the dock just to squeeze out that extra 1 or 2 mph.One more thing I went boating today,I ate a bass boat for lunch.Yum-Yum.Slow jet...not here!!!!Later PhillyRay...AKA...HammerDown.

Slow Boat 001
06-28-2001, 09:10 PM
Not today !!!
[This message has been edited by Slow Boat 001 (edited January 29, 2002).]

HBjet
06-28-2001, 11:00 PM
Slow Boat, maybe if you didn't "de-tune" your motor, you would have beat that Stock Dom with 375hp. Anyway, it looks like you have much bigger problems if a 375hp ford with a STOCK Dom kicked your ass. Either your pump was blue printed years ago and it's not tight anymore so you are getting a lot of blow by, Or you motor isn't really pushing 550hp. Or it could be a combo of both. If that happened to me, I would take my motor and pump back to the people who built them and tell them something is very wrong. Maybe you were only running on 7 cylinders? Anyway, you have to be kidding yourself if you really think replacing a freshly blue printed Berk pump with a new stock Dom pump with make up for a 175hp engine difference. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif Nice try, but I don't buy it, and I really don't think anyone else would. Also, if you can't afford the best jet parts, because of beer, then you shouldn't be buying any jet parts at all. I have a budget like everyone else and I can tell you I'm not going to the liquer store wondering if I should buy a case of Coors Light, or put a new impeller in my pump.
As for the races, I guess everyone east of California can hit a perfect ET every time. If not, I guess I didn't get the point you attempted to make about 7.70's 7.0's and 8.50's and 8.0's What the heck does that mean? Maybe the time clocks only read in seconds, not hundredths of a second?
Did I say the only place that has fast boats is the west? Did I? I Don't think so. Why don't you list your times and MPH? Oh, I forgot, you haven't really opend the motor up all the way, I at least would of waited to buy that Dom since you just put the six pack in your fridge and see what that motor will do before changing the pump configuration. Sounds like your doing it backwards. But hey, good luck! Let me know when you are racing next, I just might buy a 19 foot tunnel and an Aggressor pump STOCK with a STOCK 454 out of the crate and spank you for the heck of it.
HBjet

Blown509Liberator
06-29-2001, 05:09 AM
HammerDown
That is my point. Everyone lightn up. Stop rippin' on people's set up. I have not said a word about anyone's set here. I just stated what I SAW WITH MY BOAT. Bottom line.
MikeW
[This message has been edited by Blown509Liberator (edited June 29, 2001).]

ChetCapoli
06-29-2001, 07:56 AM
Geez..i've been missin the show! What is it? break time at MPD for the coffee/cleanup crew? Looks like i hit a MPD beehive! LOL.
Anyways, MIKEW...not rippin on your setup like its junk k? Just, if you gonna do a test.. and be a BIG LOUDMOUTH about it..do it like hotrod or ***boat. Gotta spin it up! Do you think a dart head or a big chief head makes its best power at 5000grand? i dont think so. Do you know what my boat runs at 5000grand? 64mph. Spin to 5800 and it runs 80..that 2mph per 100rpm. Do i think that can be done with a berk bowl...maybe, maybe not. What do you think your boat would have done at 5800????
I bet you'd be surprised with that blower motor at 6000grand what you'll do with an aggressor bowl AND a A/T bowl over the berk. Notice i said AND.
Anyways, You and HBjet never really sat and put all those bowls side by side and really studied them CLOSELY i dont think.(maybe you should at YOUR shop HBJet..obvious you have the time) Until you do there's no sense talking about it.
As for you HBJET..man! Dont tell me you dont live at the MPD shop dude! I never heard of Big "A"..you said that right? Then its...i know that ad but you must get a bigger copy! Get off the BS! You mentioned do-it-yourselfer? What do you do? wax and put gas in your boat? If i remember correctly sir, MPD did your pump, i did mine, and someone else (DNE IS IT?)did you motor, I DID MINE. I am also blueprinting my bottom..all by MY self. You probably dont know what a boardfile is. Do you buy the coffee and donuts at jacks shop every morning too?? Maybe if you lucky he'll throw you a bone! As for 800#s...sorry i cant afford the long distance phone bills like you probably can....than again you can just talk to jack across his shop while you hand him the donuts!
Now as for mr LS7, i dont know who YOU are..maybe you HBJet's bro or jacks cousin (maybe it's the same mad poster with 3 names)but until you wanna tell us viewers here what your runnin and for that matter what your name is (my name is chet..not dude bowler..etc. etc..) Do you now me or something?? As for jack IS the man..that's your opinion. Tom Papp for example has been doing jets for as long as jack and builds his own boat(doesnt have a 800# HBjet),has his own intake and pretty much everything else...so how do you know he IS not the man. By the way...he likes aggressor.I dont put words in MPD's mouth like i work there, just HB, you and mikeW. The DO-IT-Youself crew. Not to get off the subject and this has nothing to do with this thread but the only guy who is the MAN is Frank Place..after all he ran 170mph and is the fastest jet man alive so...you too can cut the BS. Better yet..go back under your rock (or the MPD coffee machine) where you belong or until you have something substantial to say here! What's up with the "bowler" if you dont mind tellin??
chet

Slow Boat 001
06-29-2001, 07:56 AM
[This message has been edited by Slow Boat 001 (edited June 29, 2001).]

Slow Boat 001
06-29-2001, 08:07 AM
The next race is ::::July 7 / 8 so put your money up and come race me and then tell me how to do pump and motor set up`s. If you dont know what 7.70 is than you dont know what boat racing is. That is an ET put to a rule by your IHBA. if you run faster than 7.70 your out . (it`s a break out) now that you are a pro boat racer I hope to see you at the race. You might win because I dont know how to set up pumps and motors.lol..You must have a 80mph bass boat to talk that TRASH to people like you do.I would bet that I could take out my big block and put in a small block and still out run you.Bring your money to the race because when I out run you(put you on the TRAILER) I want some BEER. It`s not that big of a deal. Well I have got to get going so I can melt down some of these beer cans and make a new inpeller to out run you.See you at the races HBjet.
[This message has been edited by Slow Boat 001 (edited June 29, 2001).]

HBjet
06-29-2001, 09:33 AM
Chet, I don't understand why you are all worked up, breath, relax, claim down. I guess you didn't read one of my earlier posts. Here, let me tell you again, I said, go ahead and use your 800# companies which I'm sure are very good, but I'm going to listen to the shop who builds the pumps I see at the races. Talk about getting defensive, and telling me BS about the ad in Hot Boat. Look again, the ad is no bigger then any other ad I mentioned (why the hell am I even talking to you about this) Anyway, you say do-it-yourselfer, I don't know about you, but I don't blue print my own bowl and impeller, but it sounds like you do. I do however put my own pump back together and rebuild my own engines. But I guess thats not doing it yourself. As for my motor, I don't have the machinery to do head work in my garage, but it sounds like you do. I'm also not a carb or distributor expert, so I PAY someone who is to do the trick work for me. To me it sounds like you have the know how and equipment to blue print pumps and dyno motors right there in your garage. That would make sense why you can't call long distance, you have a lot of money tied up in that garage of yours. I wish I had all of the eqpt in my garage and the know how, but I don't. Jack is the MAN, to me that is, and to you he is just a name. You told me Big A is one of the best places, so I called them yesterday, but they couldn't find anyone to talk about pumps, there was only one person who could talk to me about them, and no one could find him. They told me to call back later. Maybe I will. As for putting words in someones mouth, I'm telling you like I see it, and so is everyone else here, that's all we can do. If I didn't see the results, I wouldn't be talking about them. Claim down a little bit Chet...We are all on the same side, just have differences of opinion.
Slow Boat, I know what boat racing is, but the way you are explaining thing just doesn't make sense. I know about break out rules, but what does that go to do with jet pumps? Your confusing me here, you said you don't know how to setup pumps and motors, but your setting them up for your friends boat, and you switched out your Berk for a Dom to make up for the 175hp difference. Bass boat, what forum are you on? I agree with you, take out the big block, it's obviously not working for you if a boat with 175hp less and a stock Dom spanked you. Go ahead, put a small block in, I'll just buy an Aggressor LOL.......that will do the trick right? I don't need your help to put my boat on the trailer, but thanks though. You can drive my dually and pull it out of the water for me. I have some beer bottles, can you use those too? Maybe you can hook up with Chet in his garage and make a time travel device which will beam you to the finish line. I'd pay to see that. Good Luck to you both.......where are those time slips again Slow Boat, my buddies Bass boat just might beat you after all.
HBjet

Eric
06-29-2001, 09:35 AM
OK. I guess I gotta post something...
Chet, I have no desire to argue with you but you brought up Frank Place a couple posts up. You said: "Not to get off the subject and this has nothing to do with this thread but the only guy who is the MAN is Frank Place..after all he ran 170mph and is the fastest jet man alive so...you too can cut the BS."
Check out Frank Place's lake boat in hot boat cove.
http://free.***boat.net/hbcove/13/1/index.htm
Scan down the copy until you find "The pump was, of course, put together by Place Diverter, with the help of longtime racer Jack McClure (Marine Performance Designs)."
Hmmm.... so Frank Place has Jack do pump work for him...Hmmm...
Eric
[This message has been edited by Eric (edited June 29, 2001).]

LS7
06-29-2001, 09:41 AM
Chet,
Going Places, aka: Frank Places 170mph "YOU ARE THE MAN!" Blown fuel Jet, had a Berkeley impeller and would you believe it came out of the same shop that has that coffee machine that everyone is operating. You guest it bud MPD!!!!!
LS
BTW: your up
[This message has been edited by LS7 (edited June 29, 2001).]

ChetCapoli
06-29-2001, 10:12 AM
HBJet,
I'm calm...real calm...K. Just got in from working on the boat on my day off. Looks better every day thanks god..i'm sick of itchin.
Anyways, i dont have the machinery in my garage..i work P/t for a supermodified shop that builds motors,aside from that i repair vending machines. So i'm forutnate enough to have access to equipment. As far as the shop that you see building pumps at the THE races...MPD is the only one? I forgot the only one that wins..sorry. I'm sure if i call MPD this time of year and i want to talk pumps he we'll step away from working to talk to me for a while....he wants my business.... simple as that. Is he the only one who answers the phone there? I doubt it..and when that happens i'm sure they say to call back and talk to jack cuz he's not in at the moment(or do they give you the phone #to legend?). So where are you going with this? Big "A" sponsers racers, Tom Papp does and "hi Tech" and "GS" even does and they win so...Let me ask...who is the beggest sponsor at ALL the races next to Menkins props??? Just guess?? It is LEGEND? BERKELEY?? NOPE, AGGRESSOR! I read it every month in my dragboat review paper.
Must be aggressor has money to burn because everyone at the RACES has MPD build and use berk/legend parts right? Take a look in dragboat review which i get once a month just incase i'm speculating here ok.
You put your own pump together? I wouldnt have imagined it the way you talk. Let me ask you again,(answer this for me please!) have you put all the bowls side by side and really STUDIED them...if you say yes i gonna have to say your BS'ing. Like i said before, its' like night and day. Everything that you can do to a berk bowl to modify it is already done on an aggressor "out of the box". Like a stock chevy head and a dart head. PERIOD. If MPD can sell that $400 JC/JG conversion to guys like you, god bless him! That's where this conversation started to begin with remember? All i did was say it's FOOLISH but because you can get an aggressor bowl for 450 from big "a" and an A/T bowl from eddie marine for $375 i am a sales rep for an "economy" bowl as YOU stated. Good bowls for "THE MONEY"..give me a break. Did you ever Think of trying an aggressor bowl and impeller..EVER?? There should be a ton of them in the back rooms of racers where you are. They just might give them to you cuz they dont work at YOUR RACES, SO WHY NOT TRY IT??? WHY, NOT??? Afraid you might go faster?? Takes what, 15minutes to change,MR do-it-yourselfer?You might just go faster than me with my JUNK V! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
I'm gonna drink my iced tea now and have a turkey sandwich and try to RELAX for a few like you say i should.(maybe i'll convince the wife for a little "helmet polish" too. HEEHEE! your killen me here HB. Enjoy your day at the coffee machine. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
chet

ChetCapoli
06-29-2001, 10:32 AM
Here we go with the grey areas again, There isn't really any subtantial information on that page to say but "of course place did the pump" with help from MPD for his NEW LAKE BOAT that came out a few years ago.
Same impeller that propelled the 170mph boat? where does it say anything of MPD doing the impeller there(puttin words in his mouth LS?? sound familiar?)..your just speculating. That goes for you too eric. Besides it would have to be a berkeley, place wont use A/T because they make their own diverter, legend is old berkeley now and aggressor wasnt around back then. You HAVE to set the record with what you grew up with...BERKELEY! AKA LOYALTY!
LS, I"M up? what kind of boat did you say you have??? i'm waaaaaaaaiiiting?????
Chet
P.S. that record has to fall someday, i wonder who and what will do it? Care to comment?

Blown509Liberator
06-29-2001, 10:47 AM
Chet
I did study the bowls. I also said i thought that the Aggressor should run fastest.It looked like it would have had a better exit that the AMT and the berk. Hey we will see if at more hp will make it run better and if it does I will say so. Because I do a test and I saw that a berk did better I am a Loudmouth about it?? I bet if I said that the Aggressor bowl ran the best I would be "The Man"..Come on, give me a break. I tried running at 5400 rpms with a C Aggressor impeller. Yes chet I ran a lot of Aggressor stuff. And I will say the legend impellers are better...My opinion. I did it I saw what it could do. Look at this 79 mph with 5000 rpms. Sure I my have see a few MPH more if I would have cut the impeller back and ran it at max hp at 5200. but I want to run "Out of the box" stuff for these test.
MikeW

HBjet
06-29-2001, 10:49 AM
WOW!, if that's calm, I'd hate to see you pissed off. Call MPD, are you afraid? and yes, he will answer, because he wears all of the hats there. And he will talk to you about pumps. No, MPD is not the only one, ARE YOU READING MY POSTS? I told you thats who I choose, and you choose different. I'm not saying my guy is better then your guy, I'm saying your pump decision isn't as good as you say it is. That's what this topic is about. Looks like those companies are getting there marketing dollars worth out of you. Big Add, 800#, must be the best. Right? MPD builds DOM, Berk, Legend, AT, Aggressor. So were do you get off saying they only use Berk and Legend? Like I said, are you reading my posts? NO, I haven't sat and looked at every bowl, and I'm not going to. I'm not the expert, so I let someone who is tell me what to use. The whole JC/JG conversion, I said a JC converted to a JG is better because the JC has the longest veins, therefore giving the straightest water flow. Once I get mine converted, I'll send it over to you so you can look at that next to your bowl display. I've even called Hi Perf yesterday too, he told me to go with Aggressor, because it's the best for your buck. Well, I don't want the best for my buck, I want the best for my boat. I'm not looking to save dollars, If I did, I'd have that Aggressor bowl and call 800#'s. Chet, I know we will never see eye to eye, or bowl to bowl. What I'm saying is, if that Aggressor is the best thing you've done to your boat, and you can actuall notice a difference from all of the other bowls, GREAT! Hats off to ya. Glad it works.
I wish Hot Boat reads this, I would love to see them take 5 boats, all the same hull and motor setup. But have them all run NEW STOCK pumps from Aggressor, A/T, Berk, Dom, & Legend. That would be good!
Chet, quit talking about a shop you haven't even called, At least I've called these shops before talking about them.
HBjet
(wouldn't that be funny if Chet, Slow Boat, and HBjet were all the same guy)
[This message has been edited by HBjet (edited June 29, 2001).]

LS7
06-29-2001, 10:57 AM
Chet,
Speculate is your middle name, look at your posts.
FACT! MPD Did the impeller in the 170mph Going Places.
Your problem is your world revolves around speculation, try the world we live in the one based on FACTS!
LS

mister460
06-29-2001, 11:46 AM
OH YEAH!! Well my dad can beat up your dad!!! You guys crack me up! When I joined this forum a few months ago I had no idea how much entertainment, fun, and info I would get! Keep the words flowing, just take it easy and don't let it get personal. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif We're all out here for the pursuit of life, liberty, sex, beer and things that go VRROOOM, right?!? "And on the the 8th day He said 'Let there be hot women, fast boats, big trucks, beer and big blocks!!!'"

HBjet
06-29-2001, 12:04 PM
I'm with ya Mister460 http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
I hope no one is taking this personal, I'm having a great time.
HBjet

spectras only
06-29-2001, 12:27 PM
Yeah.it's the most affordable entertainment,period! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif: http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif: http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif:

flat broke
06-29-2001, 12:45 PM
Okay,
I have been watching this tread for a while now and I have to say, while it is entertaining as hell (especially imagining Chet getting red in the face typing his posts), someone outta close this thread. I'd love to jump in and defend MPD as I have seen nothing but a candid effort to help the sport from Jack, but I'll let his reputaion and satisfied customers speak for him. HB summed it up best by indicating that whats best is whatever works best for YOUR boat.
Chris

ChetCapoli
06-29-2001, 09:33 PM
Chet,
Speculate is your middle name, look at your posts.
FACT! MPD Did the impeller in the 170mph Going Places.
Your problem is your world revolves around speculation, try the world we live in the one based on FACTS!
LS
why dont you tell us viewers where this FACT can be found in print and not just you? Must be if MPD is involved with that record he must be involved with all the other lesser records? Or am i speculating again? Aw shucks, there i go speculating again. Just call me ChetspecCapoli at you"economy 800#" service! One FACT for sure is you keep avoiding what kind of boat you have for some reason. Maybe it's just that you dont have a boat and you just hang out at MPD and keep the coffee fresh like i thought eh?
as for you HBJet, you want what works best on your boat? I'm curious, what do you think that is?? Hmmm....wouldnt it be something if you tried the other "best bang for the buck" bowls and they worked better. You must have money to burn if you going to take a c bowl and convert it to G. Why not just buy a G instead? More sensible isnt it? I have an idea... with the extra money you can buy some beers for Mr.slowboat and myself since we'll both be sitting on shore after losing because we dont have the BEST shop and the BEST parts for our pumps. Would you be so kind? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
Chet.

HBjet
06-29-2001, 10:41 PM
"As for you HBjet" Man Chet, you sound like a judge giving out a sentence. How many times do I have to ask this, do you even read my posts Chet? As for what works best on my boat, I'm fortunate enough to "work with a shop" (Now don't go twisting that up thinking I work at MPD. I know you want to, but save yourself from embarrassment) that knows what setups work best with my hull and motor. If you are wondering why they know this, it's because he's been doing this for over 20+ years, and it so happends (I didn't know this when I first went to him for some pump work) that my hull design is from the same mold as the original Liberty boats mold. Jack has the second Liberty hull ever made, and has set many of them up with numerous pump and motor configurations over the many years. I know what your going to say now, if that hull was so good, why is Liberty Boats out of business? Well, if those hulls weren't good, why would Eliminator and Carrera buy the molds and make them for many years? I'll let you fill in the grey areas. Money to burn, not really, like I said before (but you never read) I have a budget like everyone else. To buy a JG would cost more then to convert and the converted JC to JG is actually better then an original JG. Why you ask? (I'll tell you again) because the veins in the JC are longer then the original JG, therefore giving the water flow a straighter exit. Why don't I go to Aggressor you ask? Why should I when the setup I'm going with has proven results ovewr the Aggressor for my setup. So NO, I haven't switched bowls, and I don't need to. I'll be happy to buy you two beers, then maybe Slow Boat can buy that Aggressor and show us all, something? I'm going to say this again Chet, do yourself a favor and read the posts before you reply, I've said, what works best on your boat doesn't mean you found gold, and everyone should follow your foot steps or they will be missing out. If it works for you, GREAT! Good, Glad for you.....your set. But stop pushing your results on everyone else, or even me. Do you have 20+yrs experience on building pumps, and testing them on multiple race and ski boats? Are you changing shoe, impeller, intake configurations on all of these too? Stop saying that Aggressor is the only answer to everyones problems. It's not, and no pump will ever be. Pat yourself on the back and be thankful your setup is the way you like it. What boat do you have again? got a picture? And I remember you saying you can do 80mph, was that by the seat of your pants? or was it radared or on GPS? I can tell you this, before I had any work done, I was radared at 71.1 with 2 in the boat and full tanks for gas. I even ran next to a boat with a GPS and he read his boat at 72 with me right next to him. His is faster, but I let him know when I was at WOT. Want to know something funny, I haven't clocked my boat after the pump and motor work, and I don't claim anything higher then what has been proven, but I've sure beat some 90+ MPH boats at the river....how is that when I think I've gained 6 or 7 mph.
Slow Boat, can we see some numbers of your ET and MPH, not what you lost by, that doesn't tell us anything except it was a close race.
HBjet
Let's say it all together, Use what works best on your boat.

ChetCapoli
06-29-2001, 11:34 PM
i read your posts..over and over and over again.(my face is beat red remember?) You forget what you have said my friend..that is why we got into this discussion in the first place. A used g bowl can be had for @ 300 bucks right? A dominator is for sale around here as we speak for $200. Or am i speculating again. Word had it there was a "g" for $50 bucks somewhere in internet land at one time. With all the expertise of the people you know, you have to know where to find one cheap. That's more than 375 for a conversion? It is less than 385 for an A/T (that has longer exit veins already and is the best flowing bowl by the "flow lab" as they say) and an aggressor for 450 (longer viens, more viens,,more flow). I'll give you that much as FACT.
Your boat has been proven to run faster with a converted bowl you say? How much faster/what RPM than the other "best bang for the economy buck" bowls? You must know that right since it's a PROVEN FACT. I'm all ears.
BTW, My boat ran 80.2 on the GPS at 5800. That is GPS FACT. It's a rally sport V bottom with delta pad which had a 1/4 to 1/2 inch hook. No seat of the pants here my friend. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
chet
P.S. As far as finding gold and following footsteps, you dont come right out and say it but you are the only one here that indicates that over and over again.

Slow Boat 001
06-30-2001, 08:01 AM
HBjet You need to get in your boat and come to this race and I will be happy to show you the #`s.!!! You want #`s??I`m only going to race it at a speed of 80mph-12.0sec at this race so get in that bass boat and show me what you have. I will ask the promoter if we can have a race and I will open my boat up and you can look at the back of it for a 1/4 mile. You dont need to reply unless you can back up what you talk, it`s not worth my time .I could talk trash on you and your boat but I`m just not as low as you, so pack up that HOT Bass Boat and get it to the races and show me how fast your set up is.I hope I dont run out of beer when you make your 20.999sec pass.
P>S> If you win I will pay You $1000.00
If I win you dont need to pay me, you just have to come back on here and tell everyone that you got Smoked by MR. Slow Boat 001.
how`s that?
[This message has been edited by Slow Boat 001 (edited January 15, 2002).]
[This message has been edited by Slow Boat 001 (edited January 15, 2002).]

LS7
06-30-2001, 09:46 AM
SB,
Thats a first, 80mph - 12sec and you claim faster, I gotta hear the reason for this one.
LS

HBjet
06-30-2001, 10:36 AM
Thanks Chet, I didn't know you were a financial adviser either. ok, Chet Read here: I'm going to listen to the shop who I choose, who has the experience, the know how and the testing results proven. If they told me, go with Aggressor, or buy a AT bowl, I would, but they are not. I haven't had 20+ years of experience and testing under my belt, so why would I question there recommendation? Your facts are what you see, your facts are what has worked for you. Until you have the experience (not sitting in your garage looking at bowls on the floor) of extensive testing with multiple boats and configurations, I'm not going to listen to your WIN WIN configuration. If it works for you, GREAT!, be happy Chet, but it doens't work as good as you say for my boat and motor config. If I was to buy a bowl on the internet, for the 200 or 50 dollar amount, will that be blue printed? I dought it. Why would I spend the extra money if MY pump builder who has the experience and tells me, if you convert your blue printed Jc to Jg, your better off because the converted JC has longer veins then the original JG, and it will cost less. Trust me, the conversions aren't a ONE day job, and take a lot of labor, but if he is willing to do it for me, then I'm all over it. I have to wait until the winter when things slow a little bit, but it's worth the wait to ME. Glad your boat runs so good, 80 on the GPS is great even with hook. As far as finding gold, all I indicate is that you should use who and what works best for your setup, and that my friend is gold.
Slow Boat, this is a topic about pump bowls, if you feel you need to prove something by racing your drag boat agains a river boat, sure I'll race you. Good numbers, looks like your MPH might be a little low for that ET, but you went through the lights, and thats what it read, so I'm not going to argue. I'm just say that because I've seen a Cp gullwing run 9.88/100mph, another one run 10.05/104mph, and another at 9.06/109mph and even a daytona 21' run 10.56/104mph (this is for you Chet) and he was using an Aggressor bowl. For everyone else, thay were using Berks. Slow Boat, I'm not talking trash on your boat, and where have I? I only asked for the numbers, and you provided them. I don't know why you run in a slower class then you can, buts that your decision. I will say though, why do you keep saying I have a bass boat, and keep telling me you want to race me in it? I'm stating to wonder if thats the only boat you have been able to beat. You must be the man when you spank all of those bass boats at the races huh? 1000 bucks, well you posted it. How do you know my bass boat isn't a 20ft DCB with a 300hp merc on the back? I'll even have a few fish in it and an extra rod so when I do pass you, I can show you how fast my reel is....your to funny Slow Boat. THIS IS A PUMP DISCUSSION! If someone cuts you off when your driving to work, do you yell at them telling them I'll race you with my drag boat? And when they don't respond, you claim victory? Just wondering
HBjet
My golden advice: use who you want, use what you want.

Slow Boat 001
06-30-2001, 12:28 PM
hbjet you sure turn things a round a lot. This is like ford .vs. chevy. You dont need to get so pissy just show up. As to why I run my boat in the River Racer class::: It`s a points thing but you should know that, right? I started my first race this year in that class and if I move up my points stay in that class. When I go to an IHBA race I will jump up a class or 2.I only have 3 races left with this org, then I can show what we have done with this boat from the first race to the last race.this year has been nothing but test and tune for us on the pump,motor and the boat, but you knew that, right? If you knew anything about racing then you would know that it is where all the parts are tested before you get them.I`m not going to post on this topic anymore, as with you no one will ever win so I`ll be the one to stop.
Chet:: want a beer ? I need a drink ....lol...To bad you are up in NY we could have some fun with these boys on the water !!

ChetCapoli
06-30-2001, 12:57 PM
Hbjet,
Are you going to tell us viewers here(maybe it's just me)what these PROVEN results are for the different bowls on your boat or are they a secret? You did say your boat is PROVEN faster with a berk bowl so i'd like to know. I asked you on the last post. I cant see how you missed it, you read them very carefully right? Looking at your boat again, i notice it looks very similiar to mine(southwind,bahner also). You run 72(give another 6 with new work done right?) with how much power/rpm? I need to know so i can take off the economy 9vein as soon as possible and put it back on the "study floor" with the rest of the "best bang for the buck bowls" and just put the PROVEN berkley back on. Oh another thing..the (this if for you chet)21 daytona w/agg bowl at 104mph, from what i have gathered on these boards, this is the first aggr bowl that has been used in competition by your shop, FACT OR FICTION? Just wondering. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
BTW, MR. LS, would be nice enough to tell me where the FACT is printed about the going places impeller? Even if i say pretty please? I asked you twice already. If you wont do it for me, do it for the viewers here K?
chet

HBjet
06-30-2001, 05:07 PM
Slow Boat,(or anyone else reading) what have I turned around and how do I sound "pissy"? I understand the points issue and I didn't know you have been able to pick up almost 20mph and just about 2 seconds in the quarter mile since the first race. So good job with your test and tune season, or is it a points season? anyway, good luck. Slow Boat, did I say that parts are first given to the consumer, then later tested on the racing curcuit? as far as "with you, no one will win" What the hell do you mean by that? I'm not the one here pushing Aggressor Aggressor Aggressor and telling you that my results are set in stone and can never be proven different. That sounds like Chet, and you sound like a guy who needs to race someone bad.
Chet, the proven results for "MY" boat are that, the converted berk works better. (let me guess, you think the Aggressor will still work better for my boat, and you can tell exactly what my boat bottom and engine config are like just by looking at a picture on the web, where the botton is in the water." I don't have the rpm and mph differnece on my hull with different bowls. I don't need to see it because my pump builder tells me what has worked for my hull over many wears, despit new products which may claim different results. Why would I doubt his knowledge? If I did, I wouldn't use him. You have one boat, you work on one boat, and what you have works for you on that boat. Great! Do you see me telling you your boat will go faster with a berk or any other MFG? do you see me telling you that you must be the dounut guy for the shop you work at? NO! you don't. I'm here to tell you and everyone what works on my boat, and you think you have the knowledge and experience to argue with a great pump builder, you better step down Chet, you are way out of your league.
by the way, what was Aggressors last quarter sales for 2001?
HBjet
[This message has been edited by HBjet (edited June 30, 2001).]

HBjet
06-30-2001, 05:37 PM
Slow Boat, I'm sorry to do this, but you are not making any sense...
June 15th, 2001
"We have had it in the 13`s Sec and in the 12`s Sec. This race I want it in the 11`s Sec or the 10`s Sec. By the end of the year it should be in the 9.0`s."
June 30th, 2001
"why I run my boat in the River Racer class::: It`s a points thing but you should know that, right? I started my first race this year in that class and if I move up my points stay in that class."
These are your words. Sounds contradicting huh?
Chet, words from GS himself on changing the bowls at the NJBA races in 1998.
"By switching over to a nine-vein bowl and an Aggressor Mag bronze impeller, we saw as much as .3 seconds in lapsed time and over seven miles per hour."
"To say that every boat is going to pick up three-tenths of a second and even seven miles an hour by changing the bowl and impeller in not a qualified statement. When installing the bowl and impeller, we are also installing expertise and improvement in other areas that will complement the overall package"
So Chet it looks like you are just missing the expertise and improvement in other areas.
Are you going to email GS and demand he give you what motor, hull, rpm, and ET's of each run before you believe what he says? oh wait, you already do believe him, well, only the parts you wish to.
HBjet
[This message has been edited by HBjet (edited June 30, 2001).]

ChetCapoli
06-30-2001, 05:56 PM
hbjet,
you really something boy...phew! I think it is you that gets red in the face when you write this stuff. It's like old slowboat and myself insulted your GOD! Do you have a wax figure of Mr. MPD in your living room and have a rutual every night or something?HEEHEE your just too much!
Anyways, i'm going on vacation for a couple days so dont go away, i've got some more chatting to do with ya. Oh, by the way...there was another ***boat article about hmm..3 or 4 years ago maybe,about the history of jets...i recall some good stuff in it. I'm gonna try to find it and we can go at this all over again k? For now, just keep jacks coffee warm for him! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
Chet
P.S. how would i know what quarter sales were for aggressor?? Do you have something to tell??? I'm all ears. Why dont you get that info while you are getting those FACTS for me about the PROVEN results for you hull like i KINDLY asked for.
P.S.S. Oh LS7....where are you??? I want my FACTS on that going places impeller.

LS7
06-30-2001, 07:09 PM
Chet"spec"Capoli,
I said it was a fact. MPD did the impeller in going places. There you saw it in print AGAIN.
If you do not believe me thats your personal decsion. I choose not to make things up and speculate, I just report the facts.
LS

Lightning
07-02-2001, 07:53 AM
This topic should really be closed. All I wanted to know was some general information on a couple of jets and I have been supplied with more than I could have wanted to know. Thank you all for your entertaining, informative, inspirational, & knowledgeable feedback.
Remember the three cardinal virtues; hot women, cold beer, & fast boats.
See ya in another post......
[This message has been edited by Lightning (edited July 02, 2001).]

rivercrazy
07-02-2001, 08:27 AM
I agree. blah blah blah.

Bouhone
07-02-2001, 08:44 AM
No!!!! Please don't stop...All this arguing is so entertaining.

HBjet
07-02-2001, 09:43 AM
Well, it's good to see I'm not pissing everyone off http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif I'm having a great time! I guess our friends to the East were taking this personal. Sorry guys.
HBjet
PS. Chet, as for Aggressors last quarter sales, it was a joke http://free.***boat.net/ubb/tongue.gif

Slick
07-02-2001, 12:24 PM
THAT'S IT, NOW I'M MAD. IF ANY OF YOU YELLOW-BELLIED SISSY PANTS WANT TO RACE, I'LL TAKE YOU ON. THAT'S RIGHT, ME, MY RED SEAT CUSION AND MY BUTT FUELED BY A CAN OF VAN DE KAMPS. I DON'T CARE IF YOU HAVE DOM, BERK, AT OR AGG, I'LL RUN YOU ALL. ANYONE CARE TO PUT THEIR MONEY WHERE THEIR MOUTH IS?
SLICK
[This message has been edited by Slick (edited July 02, 2001).]

LS7
07-02-2001, 12:35 PM
Slick=TROLL
[This message has been edited by LS7 (edited July 02, 2001).]

Slick
07-02-2001, 01:02 PM
I've got my eye on you LS7. Just watch it http://free.***boat.net/ubb/mad.gif

Jim
07-02-2001, 10:32 PM
I think slowboat should change to panther pumps and buy there old hydro it was to run 200mph if he install his 575 hp engine, maybe run 200 mph at 6 seconds !!!!!!!

Trever
07-03-2001, 08:21 AM
oops
[This message has been edited by Trever (edited July 03, 2001).]

LS7
07-03-2001, 08:22 AM
And run it in the 80mph-12 second bracket.
roflmao
LS

Slow Boat 001
07-03-2001, 09:06 AM
ANYONE CARE TO PUT THEIR MONEY WHERE THEIR MOUTH IS ????? WELL???
I DIDN`T THINK SO !!!

HBjet
07-03-2001, 12:32 PM
I'm still in a test phase, so I only run my boat in the Bass Boat Drag Bracket. But this last weekend I ran 150mph in 7 seconds in the 1/4 mile. I decided to remove my cooler full of beer and not tow a wakeboarder. I was pretty impressed. But the next race I'm in I'm going to stuff my pump with a ski rope so I don't break out of my Bass Boat class. I'm still doing a lot of test and tune, but I'm also in it for the points. So unless you want to race that hydro in the Bass Class, I can't race you, it's a points thing, I mean a test thing, oh, I forget... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

Bouhone
07-03-2001, 01:38 PM
HB....you are comedy!!!!!

LS7
07-03-2001, 02:05 PM
HB,
I thought I saw someone testing in my favorite test site other day.
The Santa Ana-zon river.
LS

Slow Boat 001
07-03-2001, 03:47 PM
I DIDN`T THINK SO.

HBjet
07-03-2001, 04:06 PM
Yeah, I didn't think you would want to enter the Bass Boat Drag Bracket. Right now I am high point leader, so I could see why you would decline. No problem, I understand, I too was in a test phase......wait, I still am. Anyway, I wish I could chat, but I have to go adjust the hinge on my tackle box before my next run, wish me luck!
HBjet
PS. Does anyone know where I could get some good fishing line to replace my steering cable?

LS7
07-03-2001, 06:07 PM
Chet"spec"Capoli, left some under the doughnuts. LOL

07-03-2001, 06:36 PM
Wheres the monkey....? He'll settle things here.

Kamakazi Ken
07-03-2001, 07:35 PM
Hey I have a panther jet!
No really I just got off the phone a couple of hours ago with them asking for performance advice and the person I talked to told me that my pump was good up to 1100HP
No I'm not kidding. My question is---If my is soooo good why all the debate,,,
My real question is are panther jets good up to 450HP ?
If not, Why? If it is, ok.

Kamakazi Ken
07-03-2001, 07:38 PM
Sorry for the Dbl.Post, By the way this is a real answer from P.J.
Hey I have a panther jet!
No really, I just got off the phone a couple of hours ago with them asking for performance advice and the person I talked to told me that my pump was good up to 1100HP,
No, I'm not kidding. My question is---If my is soooo good why all the debate,,,
My real question is, are panther jets good up to 450HP ?
If not, Why? If it is, ok.
[This message has been edited by Kamakazi Ken (edited July 06, 2001).]

Squirtcha?
07-03-2001, 08:54 PM
Unbelievable.

Squirtcha?
07-03-2001, 08:56 PM
Not you I was referring to Ken. Just that whole mess of crap on the last two pages. It made my head hurt.

ChetCapoli
07-03-2001, 09:23 PM
Chet"spec"Capoli,
I said it was a fact. MPD did the impeller in going places. There you saw it in print AGAIN.
If you do not believe me thats your personal decsion. I choose not to make things up and speculate, I just report the facts.
LS
Hey did everone miss me? I can hear the CA crowd now going wild as i write! heehee! Now its back to my 2 favorite reporters in jetland!
Hey L"Spec"7, You SAID it was a FACT so it's supposed to be a fact?hmmm.You got nuthin pal. Here's a FACT you should know. June,97 ***boat, "aggressor has a top fuel run in excess of 170mph". I think "your out" now.
Back to HBjet, did you keep the coffee warm like a good boy ? Why is it so hard for you to tell me what these proven results were on your boat? I dont see what the big deal is. BTW, on your GS "qualified statement" quote you left out "A lot of West and East coast racers have found very positive results with the combination". Maybe you should correct ol GS instead and tell him that its' been PROVEN otherwise, so quit speculating. Hey you know..just got an idea, why dont you call slowboats pump man there hi tech in kansas. Mine was obviously "out to lunch" or at donutworld when you called so... and he also doesnt have a 800# so that's even more a reason to call eh? Maybe he can shed some light on what's been PROVEN and what is SPEC, right LSpec7????
Chet.
P.S. i just thought of something else also...looking at HB mag i noticed jim at cyclone speed and marine under the aggressor ad. He's the same guy posting here right? Maybe he can give us both some pointers on this subject..that is if he would be so kind. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

Jim
07-03-2001, 10:35 PM
If you work long enough and hard enough , you can just about make any pump combo work, you can't just change a bowl or empeller and expect it to make you go faster, you might have to change shoe, intake grate, nozzle size,empeller size, nothung comes easy,mabe a little luck, the results will be in your favor, so quit argueing go test some more parts and post your results. come out to the races ( NJBA) and see the results, Thanks Jim

HBjet
07-03-2001, 11:32 PM
Thanks Jim. Maybe I'm typing all wrong here, but I believe I'm trying to say that just by changing the bowl alone or impeller you will not notice a difference, unless your current bowl and or impeller is pretty beat up. Like GS has stated, you must complement the change in other areas to get the noticiable results you are looking for. I'm not arguing the fact that you can make a boat go faster with an Aggressor bowl once you have made other adjustments to "complement" the change, I'm just arguing the point that some people think by simply changing the bowl no matter what make will give you noticiable enough results. I'm also saying every boat is different, so one thing that works for, let's say, "Chet" may not work for, let's say, "HBjet" How can I say this one might ask...Because that is what I've been told by a reputable pump builder who has been doing this for over 20 years. So when I'm told that a certain combo works best on my boat for how many HP's I'm pushing, hull type I have, intake and shoe setup, I'm not going to ask to see the actual test results and question his knowledge. Like I've said before, If I had any doubt, I wouldn't use them. If I would have went to any other reputable pump builder and they said, combo XYZ works best for your boat, and I didn't have a doubt on their knowledge, I would go with their recommendation. I would never say what works best for my boat is the only and best way to go, and any other way you are wasting your time, because I haven't had the chance to setup every jet boat there has ever been made and test them with every pump configuration there is possible and get the same results everytime......but is looks like there are some people in the east (maybe west) who have.
I'm done here....because we are going in circles.
Anyone know what the best bowl is for circle boat racing? Anyone?
I can tell you one thing about Aggressor bowls, and how they stand out from anything else I've used. They sure sink fast when I'm using them as a sinker while fishing on my bass boat. I haven't tested any other bowls yet, but I will let you all know the results of the others when I do. I will include the ST "Sink Time", Amount of splash each bowl makes when dropped in the water. I will also give the the type and strenght of fishing line I'm using (I will keep it the same for each bowl) I will also record the under water decibel reading of each bowl when it hits the bottom of the lake and the depth for each bowl. Lastly, I will also post the reel RPM's of each test when reeling the bowls back up to the surface. If I'm missing any other test that might change the end result, please let me know...thanks
HBjet http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

sleekcrafter
07-04-2001, 04:46 AM
Any one remember "Jeron Jone" the 15 year old punk that claimed he had a 101mph smallbock jet boat?
So could it be that it is really Chet or maybe SlowBoat?? HMMMM
Maybe I'll find Chet or Slowboat at one of our midwest boat drags and see for myself how fast they really are.
Well enough of this!! later,cw

beached1
07-04-2001, 06:48 AM
I just wanted to say that i have throughly enjoyed this topic. It has been informative and entertaining. HB, you kill me =). I am new to this this sport of Custom Jet Boats and big block 4 stroke engines, but I have learned a lot from this forum. I would hope that no one was taking any of the posts personal. It's just when people are very passionate about something they will and should argue their point. For people like me who know nothing really about big boat jets, it helps because people who know more than I do have to justify thier conclusion with someone who knows as much about the topic as they do. For example, if this topic was about dirtbikes and somone asked what would be the best pipe for their YZ250. And I respond and say, "Go with a Pro Ciruit. I have one on my KX250 and it really kicks ass". That doesn't really tell you much unless someone else who knows as much or maybe even more, chimes in and says, " Talk to Yamaha of Troy. They've been racing YZ's for ## years. They'll tell you waht might work best for you. I have a FMF on my YZ but that doesn't mean it will work for you." Then I say, "what do ya mean? Jeremy Mcgrath uses a Pro Circuit on his YZ and he's won 7 supecross championships" Then the other guy say's, " It all depends on your port timing. Do you think Jeremy is running on stock ports, carb etc? Are you running on stock ports? Do you ride in the same environment as this guy who's asking this pipe question? Then some other guy says, " I'll race all you westcoast pussies for beer money!!!!" I love it. It's funny and informative for the average layperson who doesn't know much about the topic. You get to hear from average people who tried and tested different things that you haven't and want to know more about. I look forward to loging on to this forum daily. It's fun. Thanks.

LS7
07-04-2001, 04:58 PM
Chet,
<yawn>
LS

ChetCapoli
07-04-2001, 07:44 PM
L "spec",
<yawn>?? Better make some more coffee so you can stay awake.
Hey jim,
what kind of boat do you race with and what parts do you use in it if you dont mind tellin?
thanks--chet

HBjet
07-04-2001, 08:25 PM
Jim, make sure you give Chet the ET and MPH for every pass you have made with your boat and list what parts were used for each pass. Also include the RPM's, because without those the data is usless. Also, you might want to tell why you haven't used Aggressor because that's Chets next question.
Just helping you out Chet!
HBjet http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

beached1
07-05-2001, 06:02 AM
ALL RIGHT LS7 AND CHET. NOW I'M MAD. IF YOU WANT TO YAWN AT ME AGAIN YOU'LL HAVE TO RACE ME AT GLEN HELEN. I'LL PUT YOU BACK IN YOUR TRUCK! I HAVE A CR500 THAT I DETUNED TO RACE IN 50CC PEE WEE CLASS BECAUSE THAT'S WHERE I STARTED THIS YEAR AND IT'S A POINTS THING. I RUN A PADDLE TIRE ON HARDPACK BECAUSE PEOPLE SAID IT CAN'T BE DONE. HA! I'LL SHOW THEM!
SLOWBIKE001.

LS7
07-05-2001, 08:30 AM
roflmao, great post.
But I think my most was personalized to "Chet".
Sorry for your confusion,
LS
BTW, Glenn Helen?, damn if SB drug his ride to the top of the mountain and put it on some cardboard he might see better than 12 sec - 80mph and break out.

mister460
07-05-2001, 01:32 PM
Hey HB! How could you forget "amount of fish caught to beers drank" ratio?? That may just be one of THE most important tests! I did the same test a couple of years ago with some smallblock Chevy setups. A 350 .030 over catches lots of trout!
PS I'm just trying to make a funny. Nobody freak out!!

HBjet
07-05-2001, 04:00 PM
If any of you who need visuals for this topic
http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/mad07.gif
http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/mad28.gif We know who this is...
http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/rolleyes02.gif Looking at bowl differences
http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/mad50.gif Want to RACE?
http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/mad12.gif Everyone who thinks this topic should be closed
http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/happy32.gif Everyone who thinks this is funny
http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/cool10.gif And Me!
HBjet
[This message has been edited by HBjet (edited July 05, 2001).]

Slow Boat 001
07-05-2001, 04:28 PM
Now that was a good one! I like that...

froggystyle
07-05-2001, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Slow Boat 001:
ANYONE CARE TO PUT THEIR MONEY WHERE THEIR MOUTH IS ????? WELL???
I DIDN`T THINK SO !!!
I'll race you...

Slow Boat 001
07-05-2001, 04:53 PM
I hope you make it here in time. The race starts Saturday at 10:00am.
I`ll be look-en for ya.

beached1
07-05-2001, 07:50 PM
My money is on froggy.

HBjet
07-05-2001, 07:57 PM
My Money is on Froggy's Boat, but with his wife driving.
HBjet

ChetCapoli
07-05-2001, 08:08 PM
HeckofaBallbusterJet!
I gotta admit, you got some good ones! You should go over to the other board though...another guy talking about the bowls again and it's not me. He states flat out aggressor is by far the better bowl over the Berk G. Better go staighten him out.
chet

Havasu Hangin'
07-05-2001, 08:10 PM
Is this one of those "east coast vs west coast" things? Didn't Tupac and Biggy's moms get together and resolve this?
http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/cool08.gif

HBjet
07-05-2001, 09:57 PM
This is for Froggy. Looks like the Monkey is going to drive. I'm still kepping my money on that boat.
http://home.socal.rr.com/boatbutts/hydrohunt.gif
HBjet http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/happy19.gif

Slow Boat 001
07-05-2001, 10:25 PM
My money is on that he is a
((((( NO SHOW !!! ))))
I`ll let you know when we get back on monday.

spectras only
07-06-2001, 08:05 AM
Hey HB,can you make Froggy's boat a bit slower ,I'm getting dizzy http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

jmart233
07-06-2001, 08:46 AM
I think Slow Boat road on a short bus when he was little. He might have even had a drool cup.
By the way, I think Jet boats suck. Only ladies drive them, real men drive Flat Bottoms.

TinMan57
07-06-2001, 08:55 AM
Jmart, nice to see you've opened you eyes to other forums. http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/happy45.gif Why aren't you at the river fool? I figured you and Jeff would be taking all the Jetboat guys money racing on the strip. http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/cool01.gif I hope ShortBus, I mean SlowBoat whoops ass this weekend since none of us are racing. http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/mad66.gif Oh well, peace out... Tin/ Damon

jmart233
07-06-2001, 09:29 AM
We went to the river 2 weeks ago. It was so fun. Nothing but stinky boats out there though. Costello told me about this site. I hope to stri it up with all my jet boat negativity.

Slow Boat 001
07-06-2001, 02:55 PM
Hey look, Its K-MART.. Dam it took a long time for you to get in here. K-Mart use to ride the bus with me. He had the seat by the window. We called him the window licker...So how did the bike jump go in vegas? Did you make it over all 15 of the those semi`s ? Well I have got to go get my boat ready I`m going to jump it over 20 flats at the race. Then on sunday I`m going to enter it in the TFH class..I know it should run 230 or so, but I`m going to keep it down to about 55mph just for HB & The Toad.. I mean the froggy.

ChetCapoli
07-06-2001, 07:31 PM
TOO funny slowboat! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif Dont beat up on HB and froggy too bad.

Racing Ray
07-06-2001, 08:37 PM
I think we have 3 13 year olds posting here. Wonder who they are?

Havasu Hangin'
07-06-2001, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Racing Ray:
I think we have 3 13 year olds posting here.
Oh yeah, well my dad can beat up your dad!!
http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/mad50.gif

Oldsquirt
07-06-2001, 10:17 PM
http://www.plauder-smilies.de/happy/invasion.gif
Don't mind us, were here for the show. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/happy/xyxwave.gif
[This message has been edited by OLDSQUIRT (edited July 06, 2001).]
[This message has been edited by OLDSQUIRT (edited July 06, 2001).]

07-06-2001, 10:27 PM
Racing Ray.....you are too kind.

froggystyle
07-06-2001, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Slow Boat 001:
My money is on that he is a
((((( NO SHOW !!! ))))
I`ll let you know when we get back on monday.
I could care less how fast you run, I think you have little or no sense of humor, and rely on personal cuts to attempt logic. I was kidding when I said I would race you. In fact, I can't think of anything in the world that would make me want to drive to Texas during July anyway. All this angst... Learn to let go. No one really cares which is better, because we all are going to make our own decisions anyway, the last thing we need is a heated debate over design. Let the manufacturers do that. We just care who is throwing the keg party.
Enjoy your weekend.
P.S. Randy, you rule!!!

King Kuracz
07-06-2001, 11:35 PM
Here's a great idea for you Chet. Why don't you and your buddies do a spin off of this topic, like they spin off shows on tv. You could start your own forum. Call it "Calling All Narrow Minded Idiots & Mouth Racers". Or maybe someone else has a better name for it.
Chet can be administrator and tell everyone who posts what parts to run.(Agressor, naturally!)
Slow Bloat 000 ("it's a points thing") can post his et slips. Oh yea, post those points too so we all can be impressed.
I'll race you just as soon as my crew gets done detuning our Top Fuel Dragster. (It's hard getting a 4.99 car to run 12 flat!, maybe you can tell us what worked for you!)
K-Mart will have to leave the 2 or 3 other posters on the V-Drive Forum (must get pretty lonely over there huh?)
LS7 troll (what fishing boats do?) Can this guy say anything else? Anyone have a clue what this means? Does anyone care? If you do, then Chet's got a forum for you!
S T F U ALL OF YOU !
[This message has been edited by King Kuracz (edited July 07, 2001).]

Cas42
07-06-2001, 11:42 PM
I had a Panther too but I went out and got a Berk, Dom, Agg, A/T and a Jacuzzi. I took them all apart and put all the pieces in one big pile. When I was rebuilding, I was just adding parts where I thought they'd fit, worked good too.
I now have a A Berkagpanthatuzzi with a Placervator Snot Drop.

Cas42
07-06-2001, 11:50 PM
I read all of 15 posts in this thread and can tell you for a fact, my newly constructed pump is best. I redid and reworked the prototype and came up with the new and improved Pantleygressoruzzi....it's awesome! I can go so fast in reverse that water comes over the transom!
beat that!

Fool's Money
07-07-2001, 12:05 AM
Hey Cas...how much $$ will it take for you to build me one of your Placervator Snot Drops?You're a true innovator man!!!
[This message has been edited by Fool's Money (edited July 07, 2001).]

Slow Boat 001
07-07-2001, 02:54 AM
Froggy I didn`t mean to up set you! I`m just have-n-fun with you .. Don`t take it so hard..I knew that you wernt going to go 1500 miles just to race me. Dont take every thing I say that hard. I`ts no big deal. Just like HB I like to have fun with you so dont get so bent.I wish you all could be at the race to see me Jump over those prop boats...See me later..

TinMan57
07-07-2001, 06:35 AM
Slow Bus, I mean Boat will you be at the World Finals? If so everybody can take a turn http://www.plauder-smilies.de/tales/lsvader.gif If you need someone to drive the monstercharger launch vehicle I'm down.

Cas42
07-07-2001, 06:37 AM
hey Fool, looks like you have the right name for this. You see, when building something as innovative as the Snot Drop, it took many many long hours. Anyway, I'll tell ya what, I'll let it go for the sum of $4,000.00, that way you can tell everyone that just your Placervator cost you 4K cuz it's all about the money...fool's money.
Pretty good how I brought your name into that, isn't it? hahahahah
BTW, I bet my trailer works better than yours....

froggystyle
07-07-2001, 09:58 AM
OK, lets quit it. Sorry for being touchy Slow. Bad night.
Who has the group hug little smiley guy.

Fool's Money
07-07-2001, 10:12 AM
well then Cas...I guess you're gonna have to build me a trailer too then!!!4k? I really do think 180mph will be in reach with that kind of $$ hanging out the back of my barge.I bet if I slap some aggressor stickers on the casing I'll see the other side of 200mph right?

Oldsquirt
07-07-2001, 11:11 AM
Hey, who let that Panther guy in here? I hear they are just a bunch of http://www.plauder-smilies.de/wolfgang.gif ! I also hear the hot trick for a Panther is to exhaust hot cooling water right on to the pump 'cause we all know that nothing runs faster than a scalded cat!!!! http://www.plauder-smilies.de/lach.gif
BTW http://www.plauder-smilies.de/frog.gif , is this what you are looking for http://www.plauder-smilies.de/knuddel.gif ?

froggystyle
07-07-2001, 04:04 PM
Yep, that's it OS. I will find something of use to me in this smilie jungle eventually. Thanks for the frog though.
http://www.plauder-smilies.de/frog.gif

Cas42
07-07-2001, 06:27 PM
all I can say to that is harr harr harr!
OldSquirt,
Panthers are the best, they just can't go as fast or do as much, OK!!?

iparky
07-07-2001, 09:37 PM
well i hope we all got out the aggression, http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/mothergoose02.gif my eyes are tired, http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/mothergoose19.gif but i couldnt stop reading http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/cartoons/animaniacs/animaniacs20.gif
gotta go to da river real soon, i feel it coming on http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/sam19.gif

froggystyle
07-07-2001, 09:39 PM
HA Ha Smilie amature!!!! Yours don't work... wait,mine don't either.....
http://www.plauder-smilies.de/tiere/shakin.gif
But that monkey is pissed about loosing his ride. Who is rogering up the new monkey-mobile?????
[This message has been edited by froggystyle (edited July 07, 2001).]

jmart233
07-09-2001, 08:27 AM
Hey Slow Boat, I heard you were racing you boat, how did it go? I made the jump and am still in one piece. I almost overshot the landing ramp, but thabkfully I didn't

HBjet
07-09-2001, 01:48 PM
Hey Slow Boat 001, how did you do at the race?
HBjet

Slow Boat 001
07-09-2001, 09:10 PM
Well that race sucked for us . My cam lost about .015 of of 3 lobs and the air was bad so we flat sucked this weekend. We are now #2 in the points. I hope the Motor shop has my new block done so I can put my roller cam in this time. No more of those Solid Cams for me.
I made the jump ok but the last boat sank when I hit it on the down side.
I sank the 3 wheller in the lake on sunday so the pit bike race was out too. It was a Beer thing....lol.. Yes they gave me beer for doing it.
[This message has been edited by Slow Boat 001 (edited July 09, 2001).]

HBjet
07-09-2001, 09:55 PM
Looks like you should of used an Aggressor Bowl. (Huh Chet?) Better luck next time.
HBjet http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/happy19.gif
http://home.socal.rr.com/boatbutts/agg.gif

Jim
07-10-2001, 07:00 AM
slowboat if you have a 10second boat and you are running the 12 second class you should run 12's with 2 spark pug wires off. you should still have one, unless he is a better driver than you are. I lose a rocker arm and still only lose 1/2 to 3/4 of a second. Jim

Slow Boat 001
07-10-2001, 07:19 AM
I lost on a .453 to a .048. we were going to do a brake out but I put on the brakes to soon. The last time I raced this guy I broke him out , so he was on to me this time.Call it what you want but he kicked our ass this time.

Leon
07-10-2001, 12:59 PM
I don't know didddlysquat about boat racing really, but i am familiar with asphalt drag racing and if you think you can give up .4 on any tree in asphalt forget about it cuz you would be looking for a new job. In asphalt .400 is a perfect light but if the other guy ran .048 and didn't red light, Either these boat drag races are a different deal or the fella who just posted (sorry can't remember the name) is snoozing at the line. Giving up .4 is like giving up half of a whole bracket category, aint no wonder why you got beat. They make a drag racing hand held game that might help out your reaction times. don't mean any disrespect but I just cant figure out why it took .4 longer for one vehicle car or boat it don't matter to leave the line. Is she stutter stepping on ya? Tghis kind of drag racing equation has me wanting to know what the overall elapsed time of the two comeptitors is.

LS7
07-10-2001, 01:13 PM
Drag boats are held at a holding rope located 125' from the official starting line. The goal is to hit that line at the fastest speed possible for your quickest ET, sandbaggers might run different.
There is a clock that both racers watch that counts down from 10, you pick your own number to leave at in order to position your boat closest to the line before the clock hits 0.
What would be considered a great reaction time is .001-.199 max before you hit the line, depending on your class.
LS
[This message has been edited by LS7 (edited July 10, 2001).]

Leon
07-10-2001, 01:19 PM
troll....just kidding man. Thanks for the explanation. Hea I see your point. So withing that two tenths sounds like it's reasonable. Our member from here musta been asleep like I thought. oh well better luck next time guy!

Slow Boat 001
07-10-2001, 01:36 PM
I race drag car`s too so I can tell you car`s are not like boats.
Here is the time slip.
001 - ME 729 - him
+0.343 reaction +0.546
7.419 1/8 ET 7.480
72.05 1/8 mph 75.69
13.448 1/4 ET 13.048
75.01 1/4 mph 79.41
As you should see he was .061 behind me so I ran him to the end then I let off the gas in hopes that he would breake out. I just let off a little to soon. When I let off I was going about 83 or 84. When I hit the line I was going 75.01mph I should break out in the 72 mph in that class with my boat. I have ran that class and at 73mph I brake out.
Like I said we sucked ...ok!
That`s racing..Some times you win,
Some times you dont.

LS7
07-10-2001, 02:07 PM
The way I see it, YOU BOTH blew the start and HE ran his number. You say .061 lead ahead of him, what about the .200 head start you got, that makes it .261 at the 1/8th. (unless your clocks magically factor in the reaction time to be equal at the 1/8th and 1/4 marks.)
BTW: I still can't believe one would pay an entry fee in order to sand bag in a 13 second bracket.
[This message has been edited by LS7 (edited July 10, 2001).]

Jetboatguru
07-10-2001, 02:07 PM
Are you kidding me. Those numbers are an embarrassment to jetboat racers. What kind of boat do you drive slowboat? those are not factual are they. Leon you are right, to leave .4 on the tree is truly abysmal. The guy should be shot. If you are not cutting 0 lights or .1 lights in eliminations, you should be weed whacking

Jetboatguru
07-10-2001, 02:12 PM
LS&, for him to run 13 seconds he is not sandbagging. He had the good lane that ran downstream.

Leon
07-10-2001, 02:30 PM
Well now I'm really confused, because the slowboat said the other guy had a .048 light. This time slip copy says something totally different. .546 gave the Slowboat a headstart by .2 something. 7.40's at 72 and 75 mph on both boats to the 1/8 tells us that they were pretty close to even. Now, what's the dial in on these boats 13 seconds? I'm missing something here. This looks like 2 evenly matched contestants. Someone up above said something about a 10 second boat that slowboat was racing. 13.40 is light years away from 10 seconds in cars at least. 10 mph deceleration at the lights would not equal 3 seconds time lost on any car and common sense tells me the same in these boats. I'm getting a drag race boat education here if nothing else.

ChetCapoli
07-10-2001, 03:05 PM
OMG HB,
i just about fell off my chair! i'm speechless!(for right now) http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif You really do spend too much time on the computer.
CRD

Slow Boat 001
07-10-2001, 05:13 PM
No I was not sandbagging, that was all my boat would run, mid 80`s so that would have put me in about the 12.50`s or so, that is not good enough for the 12.0 class. With the cam going down and the Bad Air, that was all it had. So I ran it in the 13.00 class.The bad part about that was I lost there too.
The boat has never been raced in the 10.0 class yet!Yes we hope to put it in the 10`s real soon. As far as 13`s being light years from 10.0 your wrong, its only about $4000.00 from 10.0`s.
[This message has been edited by Slow Boat 001 (edited July 10, 2001).]

ChetCapoli
07-10-2001, 06:59 PM
slowboat,
maybe you should consider using the shop with the proven results put you in the winners circle.(right HB?)
Chet

HBjet
07-10-2001, 09:12 PM
I'm sorry, I hate to put anyone down here, but Slow Boat 001, did you even qualify the boat on Saturday? I would think you would qualify for a class (13 or 12 second) and then run in that class so you don't have to let off. Don't you have points racked up in the 12 second class already? If your boat wasn't running a 12 flat and you were the slowest qualifier, don't let off so you can win a slower class, find some more HP's in tuning and work all night if you have to so you can be the slowest qualifier in a class and kick everyones ass. If you did qualify your boat and you ran 12.50's, I don't think you can pick to run in the next slower class, what you qualify in is what you race in. I don't believe you can race unless you qualify. What about that 90+ mph run and 10+ second ET you ran just last week? I'm not the Pro Racer like you, but I've run the lights a few times myself, and I never know at the 1/8 mile marker that my opponet is .061 behind me so I better let up just before the lights so I don't break out. What is this, you break out in the 72mph class? Is there a class that has a 72mph limit? You bag on IHBA and NJBA for having brackets that are 12, 12.5, 13, and 13.5 second classes, well it sounds like you should be racing in them if you want to see that trophy.

Leon
07-10-2001, 09:39 PM
HB Jet, I done read all 147 posts on this here page all over. You are making more sense than anyone here in my opinion. I been seeing a whole lotta contradiction going on with the race numbers from the slowboat guy and some of the general statements that been brought up here.
Here is an example: June 30 "You want #`s I just mad a pass Thursday night at about 8:00pm cst 98.65mph for your info that is 10.09sec in the 1/4, ok are you happy? I`m only going to race it at a speed of 80mph-12.0sec"
Now I been around cars a whole long time. The boat ran 13.40 at 72 8 or 9 days later. The 8 mph from 80 to 72 never no how will equal 1.4 seconds of lost elapsed time. I read about a hurt cam. Don't matter about that, the boat ran real close to the 80 mph but a long ways from 12 seconds. Now in the above post on June 30 this boat ran 10.09. Why will it take $4000 more now to make it run that elapsed time agin?
It sounds to me like the points thing is out the window. This program is going in reverse, 12.0 to 12.5 to 13.4 where next? June 15th, 2001
"We have had it in the 13`s Sec and in the 12`s Sec. This race I want it in the 11`s Sec or the 10`s Sec. By the end of the year it should be in the 9.0`s."
Oh I forgot.
So what I am saying is Mr.HB Jet you are making some sense here, but ya'll keep it up cause this is the best damn comedy that I ever read.
Leon
[This message has been edited by Leon (edited July 10, 2001).]

froggystyle
07-10-2001, 09:45 PM
Heeeeyyyyyy, I made sense too....

Leon
07-10-2001, 09:56 PM
Son I think everyone is making sense except the racer.

beached1
07-10-2001, 10:21 PM
Hey has Lightning made a decision yet? ha ha. He's probaby thinkin, "F**k those guy's, I gettin a prop. They're all nut's!" http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif

HBjet
07-10-2001, 10:24 PM
Thanks Leon, I'm not trying to win anything here, but I call it as I see it, and what I see just doesn't make sense.
Froggy, you are the Man too, and thats not just beacuse you could sneek in our homes and kill us. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
Not bad for a Bass Boat owner huh?
HBjet

Jim
07-11-2001, 06:33 AM
I just got my national dragboat review, it has all the points for Div. 1 Div. 2 and Div. 3 your boat number or name is not even listed at all in the 12. second class witch you said you were high points. where do you get these times ? your speedo and a pocket watch or your dreams, you will need $10000.00 to pick up 3.5 seconds in that barge, maybe $4000.00 if you buy a Datona or a calif performance with a berk or aggressor pump Jim

LS7
07-11-2001, 07:34 AM
Jim,
Easy now, "BARGE", I resemble that remark. Not the boat, ME THE DRIVER. LOL
LS
[This message has been edited by LS7 (edited July 11, 2001).]

Lightning
07-11-2001, 07:52 AM
I just have one request, can you guys post in another topic. This is the first topic that I have ever posted and i made the istake of checking the box for e-mail notification. Since I started this thing, I have received 154 e-mail notifications stating that "so and so has replied to the topic Berkley vs Dominator" and it's really starting to irritate me. Thanks for all the funnies thuogh, it has been interesting.

Leon
07-11-2001, 08:04 AM
Ok Lightning, Leon made a new topic calle d The race Boat. Ya'll got me really exercizing the gray matter here real good, and I find this math problem very interesting. If you have more to add on the topic post it on Leon's topic.

Slow Boat 001
07-11-2001, 09:10 AM
As I can see it look`s like there are a lot of "Want to be`s" in here...When you show up at a race call my # and I`ll be at the rope looking for you. As I can see most of you don`t even know how Drag Boat Racing is done like I said (Most)Some of you do but most dont!
As far as Drag Boat Review
1.JIM you said
"I just got my national dragboat review, it has all the points for Div. 1 Div. 2 and Div. 3 your boat number or name is not even listed at all in the 12. second class witch you said you were high points."
DBR is an IHBA mag (NOT) NDBA but you knew that right, your a big racer and all. As far as IHBA review the ladie that owns that mag is a NDBA traider. She was on the board for SDBA for 10 years, that is how she got her start.The mag was about Boat racing not just IHBA, it had all the racing org`s in it tell this year. IHBA told her that if she put one thing in her mag about SLDBA,CSDBA,SDBA,NDBA that they would pull the plug on her and her ads that are in her mag. So now the mag is called IHBA DBR.Money makes people shit on their friends.
2."I NEVER said I was #1" or "high points" I did say that "I was #2 in points" #1 has 1020. I have 890. learn how to read!
3.LEON shut up fool.The boat ran 75.01 at 13.448 (NOT) 72 at 13.40 Stick with the CAR`s...lol..next time read what was posted fool.
LEON..you posted
"It sounds to me like the points thing is out the window. This program is going in reverse, 12.0 to 12.5 to 13.4 where next? June 15th, 2001
LEON..If you can read go look around and see if you can find where "I" Said that my NEW motor was NOT done yet.I will never get it in the 9.0`s with the old motor.It takes about 900hp to put a jet boat in the 9.`s I only had about 650hp with the old motor before the cam went bad. I put new aluminum heads on before this race in hopes to get about 100 more hp. If you go to my web page you will see I HAVE A RACE BOAT. Solw or fast but I have one. How many of these other people on he do? I think about 4 maybe 5 tops. They dont post they just read.I wonder why?
4. HB yes I was #5 out of 13 on the rope sunday the guy that took the win was #4 and he is the one that is 1st in points.So in short The 4th spot got 1st.HB I dont think I have ever seen you on a holding rope yet . What`s up with that?
5.you pepole crack me up with your shit You know I have never seen one of you at a boat race yet,So in short tell you have the balls to put your 100mph boats on the rope don`t talk like you know something about what you know nouthing about.
I find it funny that a (real) boat racer (Jmart) his cousin is Jeff Marten, jmart asked me how things went and then all of you want to be`s come and posted like a bunch of tard`s. This forum is to much for me I`m out of here.
See you all later.

LS7
07-25-2001, 10:42 AM
Hmmmmmm, Berkeley