PDA

View Full Version : Finalizing boat system with (4) 6.5 speakers...JL or MB Quart?

SoundsGood
02-17-2005, 07:27 PM
Is there a better choice than these? I'll be powering rounds with 60 watts/channel Profile CL 440. Again, thanks for the advice.

riverbound
02-17-2005, 09:23 PM
Definitely go with the MB Quarts, they will sound MUCH better in a boat application. We have built many boats using both, but the Quarts do sound much better.

Parker
02-17-2005, 09:26 PM
Definately MB Quart.......

Magic34
02-17-2005, 10:40 PM
MB Quart fan here
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4368speaker_cluster_2-med.jpg

phebus
02-17-2005, 11:05 PM
MB Quart fan here
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4368speaker_cluster_2-med.jpg
I've been told the MB Quart marine speakers don't sound quite as good as the non-marine. but I have some, and they sure sound good, and the screw on impactable grills sure are nice. They stay on all the time, and don't distort amd tweak like the metal mesh one's. If you go with the metal mesh type grills, whether it be JL, or MB Quart and they are in an area that they will get bumped, you'd may as well add on the cost of billet grills at the time of purchase, cause it is just a matter of time until you need them.

ROZ
02-18-2005, 01:01 AM
Which models of either brand interest you?
Ultimately you need to pick the model that can handle the abuse, the power you plan to throw at them, and most importantly sound best to your ears.
Eventhough I put quarts into my last application and have been pleased with the performance(eventhough I took out a couple drivers), I just can't get past the distinct characteristics their tweeters put out... I thnk I'll be replacing them with the new Morel or Boston Pros...
I think I'll try Focal in my next application.. Trying to get ahold of a pair of No.7 's ;)
Another brand to check out is Polk. They've surprised the heck out of me in a couple applications :)

INSman
02-20-2005, 07:36 AM
Which models of either brand interest you?
Ultimately you need to pick the model that can handle the abuse, the power you plan to throw at them, and most importantly sound best to your ears.
Eventhough I put quarts into my last application and have been pleased with the performance(eventhough I took out a couple drivers), I just can't get past the distinct characteristics their tweeters put out... I thnk I'll be replacing them with the new Morel or Boston Pros...
I think I'll try Focal in my next application.. Trying to get ahold of a pair of No.7 's ;)
Another brand to check out is Polk. They've surprised the heck out of me in a couple applications :)
Speaking of POLK, I am going with (2) pairs of the MOMO MMC 650's and (2) pairs of the MOMO MMC 690's in the new boat, with JL power of course, what do ya' think ??

Cole Trickle
02-21-2005, 10:05 AM
Just a FYI- I had a pair of Focals in my 03 Silverado for about a year.They were the K2 model and sounded really good until they somehow got water damaged and warped?
Funny part is the factory speakers were fine and so were the Boston Pros that I replaced them with.(I personally think they just didn't hold up all that well)
I will make you a really good deal on my set!;)
Brandin