PDA

View Full Version : Steelcomp

Fogged Gullwing
02-17-2005, 08:31 PM
Scott,
So your keeping the Bahner!!!! :D Yahoo!!!! What's the plan for the new power? Leaving for Taiwan Saturday won't be back for a week. But I got my 1350 H Bar driveline and PTO. Going to line up my Sh!t ASAP when I get back!! I'm almost there after two years of being on disability. Won't make the march race but will be there in april!!! Are you going to make the march race? If you need someone to back you in I'm there!!
Later BK

steelcomp
02-17-2005, 09:28 PM
Scott,
So your keeping the Bahner!!!! :D Yahoo!!!! What's the plan for the new power? Leaving for Taiwan Saturday won't be back for a week. But I got my 1350 H Bar driveline and PTO. Going to line up my Sh!t ASAP when I get back!! I'm almost there after two years of being on disability. Won't make the march race but will be there in april!!! Are you going to make the march race? If you need someone to back you in I'm there!!
Later BK
Well, right now the summer is looking bleak...I'm in the process of moving the pump back and waiting on "good" parts for it before I put it back together. The plan is a blown alky 496 which I have the short block and heads for. I'm not using the Eagle rods...going with alum. rods, and need to re cam. I'll probably run a TR on the long block, just to have something to run untill I have the $ for the blower and hat. I took out the interior and going w/ carbon buckets, as well. Boat is gettiong flipped here in the next few weeks so I can do the bottom and finish molding in the intake. Lot of work...pretty much a complete rebuild/ redesign. I also have the NA 496 that makes around 820-830hp that I might stick in it for the summer. Depends on how the hull work comes along.
I'll be at the March race, but not with my boat. Glad to hear you're making head way. It'll be good to see that thing run. :coffeycup

Fogged Gullwing
02-17-2005, 09:33 PM
Cool brother!
Blown Alky Wow!!!!!!! That would be too cool!!!!!!! Thats the boat to do it with!!!
Later BK

steelcomp
02-17-2005, 09:34 PM
Cool brother!
Blown Alky Wow!!!!!!! That would be too cool!!!!!!! Thats the boat to do it with!!!
Later BK :D :D :D
Can you say "face ripple"

Fogged Gullwing
02-17-2005, 09:58 PM
Still got your Mill?
I want it just going to be after the 15th of March!!
Later BK

steelcomp
02-17-2005, 10:06 PM
Still got your Mill?
I want it just going to be after the 15th of March!!
Later BK
Sorry bud...all gone.

NELSON#109
02-17-2005, 10:26 PM
scott, i got my intake back yesterday and i believe im in the same boat (no pun intended) as you are. but no sweat. i sent it to powder coat today along with the rest of my boat. i will get it back in a couple weeks. its taking an extra week, because they had to order the candy cor that i wanted (darker blue than the challenger, and lighter flake). i set it in the boat last night and mocked it up, should be easy to cut up a transome plate/s to make it seal good. where the intake runs through the transome, the back of the shoe sits over an inch past the transom, so theres no chance of runing a plate behind it and across the bottom. no big deal, ill figure it out. im not sure if im gonna make two plates side by side L&R, or two plates top & bottom. once i get it set in the hull ill decide whats best. you should check out the tabs i welded onto the back sides of the intake for the turn buckles, i think they should help brace the back of the pump better than the piece of transom i removed ever did. keep me posted on your progress. latter NELSON