PDA

View Full Version : Rewarder Custom Headers- my experience

tornreality
02-17-2005, 10:48 PM
So last night after putting the motor in the boat, it was finally time to install the headers. The headers I was putting on were 2 1/4" zoomies. My first set of zoomies several months back were 2 1/2" and didn't fit my heads, so Jim sent me the 2 1/4" set with no problems. So when I went to install them the driver side set down on the hull and wouldn't bolt up. So I called him this morning thinking he was going to kill me for sending another set back. So he told me no problem he could fix it. I decided to drag the boat all the way down there so that the next set would be right. So when I get there, he and one other employee stopped what they were doing and immediately started working on measurment and angles for my motor. He asked me what I thought, I gave him the okay and he told me "just wait here and I'll have you out of here in ten minutes." So to my suprise they went inside the shop, cut, debured, drilled, and welded me up a set of zoomies that fit perfectly and look awesome I might add. Now the ceramic coating won't be done until tomorrow and he told me I will have my headers next week. Now that folks is customer service at it's best. It's not often that someone will go out of there way to please you the way that rewarder headers does. And there product is bitchin to say the least. My hat goes off to all the employees at rewarder. And I would highly recommend anyone that wants headers for there boat or car to go there. :cool:

NELSON#109
02-17-2005, 11:16 PM
you said it, Ive delt w/ jim several times. i was a sheriff's deputy and patroled in Camarillo. Jims shop was in one of the areas i serviced , so it was always conveniant to deal w/ rewarder. Jim always took care of me. he always hooked me up w/ seriouse deals, and he does great work. he will do what ever he can to help people out, and he's always good to boaters. i get all my headers from him. its nice to deal w/ people like that.

sdba069
02-18-2005, 08:59 AM
I've been a dealer for Jim since he's been building boat headers and I guarantee you he is one of, if not the most honest and reliable guys that I know who is involved in this business. This would be a good a time as any to personally thank Jim for all the help he's given me over the years with our drag boat headers, from our lake racers to our Alcohol hydro's. He even offered to build a set of zoomies for my blown alky Beretta, Outlaw Top Sportsman car. I still thgink his daughter does all the work while he hangs out at the nudie bar. Thanks Jim and Rewarder Custom Headers. That's a set of his coated headers on the white Mirage. They were 4 years old in that picture and looked as good then as the day they were installed.

oldbuck40
02-18-2005, 09:09 AM
hey Garry when you gonna send me that picture of the plug wire's?

Ol Yeller
02-18-2005, 12:38 PM
I still thgink his daughter does all the work while he hangs out at the nudie bar.
Thats the rumor I heard too ;) My Rewaders are awesome!!

sdba069
02-18-2005, 03:47 PM
hey Garry when you gonna send me that picture of the plug wire's?
I was waiting on that email from you.

steelcomp
02-18-2005, 11:06 PM
Ditto everything said with Jim. Didn't like the first set he mae for me, so to repeat, he said "no problem" and bent up a set for me just hjow I liked them. He also is knowledgable about exhaust design from a performance stand point.
Great guy. Great business.
BTW...it's no rumor...his daughter does the welding. :supp:

1Bahnerjet
02-19-2005, 07:27 AM
nice web site too :cool:
http://www.rewarderheaders.com/
I have Bassett's & as you can see in my Signature the rise, angle & lenght are Perfect, but they are rusting out so I will be shopping soon.

moneysucker
02-20-2005, 01:31 AM
I saw them both on an episode of American Hot Rod on the discovery channel and His daughter was doing the welding for the Alumitub I think was the project. Boyds shop must have been on the way to the nudie bar.