PDA

View Full Version : Seat mounting ideas-Need some insight!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-18-2005, 07:25 AM
I am looking for ideas and pictures for mounting seats in a hull that has a floor as opposed to visible stringers. who has pictures???

crf311
02-18-2005, 07:27 AM
I need the same info. Although I think I am going to fiberglass a couple pcs of treated wood to the floor and then screw the seats to it.

Sangster
02-18-2005, 08:00 AM
I need the same info. Although I think I am going to fiberglass a couple pcs of treated wood to the floor and then screw the seats to it.
Cut the carpet back (if needed).. There is No need for pressure treated wood as Most resins do not bond well to them....The trick is to be sure and put Glass & Resin "Between" the wood base & the floor..Then you can wrap it..... :idea: :idea: :idea:

BrendellaJet
02-18-2005, 08:04 AM
I am looking for ideas and pictures for mounting seats in a hull that has a floor as opposed to visible stringers. who has pictures???
I was gonna ask the same thing!

Jordy
02-18-2005, 08:09 AM
You just need to build some kind of bases for the seats to mount to, like 3" tall or so. Run lag bolts into the floor and then bolt the seats to it using carriage bolts and nylock nuts. It also works out good for storage if you cut the bottom out of the seat base, not lots of room, but enough for keys, wallets, registration and stuff like that. My Schiada is set up this way, but I don't have any pics. I can get some though.

lucky
02-18-2005, 08:37 AM
In the tarva with the false floor IT was done just like jordy said -- When i changed it I laid a board and glassed it to the floor -then screwed it to it - instead of the floor ( board was a 2x6 laid flat ) my seats - locked between the two boards and locked the seats together and the lags just held it from flyin up
when i did my daycruiser i stayed with the factory set seat frames just sat on the false floor ( removable ) and my seat frames have carriage bolts that lock into the gunnel ( threw bolted ) and i really did not like it - but it held up before sinces 1978 so i just did it the same ! :cool:

AZKC
02-18-2005, 09:20 AM
Somebody talked about building square boxs on the floor and square boxes on the seat bottoms(that fit inside the boxes on the floor) so you could turn the seats around for lounging or skier observing :)

460 jus getn it
02-18-2005, 09:44 AM
wallymart has some awsome lawnchairs on sale right now. those would look killer in yur boat......................

Jordy
02-18-2005, 12:07 PM
wallymart has some awsome lawnchairs on sale right now. those would look killer in yur boat......................
C'mon, then he'd have to pull the milk crates out. :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-18-2005, 06:22 PM
:D :D :D wallymart has some awsome lawnchairs on sale right now. those would look killer in yur boat......................
WHOA! WHOA! wait a minute!!!!! Lets talk about this. Remember I have YOUR seats at the upholstery shop. I can put some delay in them if ya want me to :crossx: :crossx: I see you have jokes t-bone :eek: keep playin' with me;)
oh and by the way, I took you word for it and put lawn chairs in ya mama's room so I could watch tv while she cooks for me :D :D :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
02-18-2005, 06:23 PM
You just need to build some kind of bases for the seats to mount to, like 3" tall or so. Run lag bolts into the floor and then bolt the seats to it using carriage bolts and nylock nuts. It also works out good for storage if you cut the bottom out of the seat base, not lots of room, but enough for keys, wallets, registration and stuff like that. My Schiada is set up this way, but I don't have any pics. I can get some though.
I need to see some pics. I have done it before but I want a better clean idea. I can make them out of aluminum and polish them. I just need ideas.

Jake W2
02-19-2005, 06:57 AM
Pull the carpet up get some 2x6 or 2x4s depending on how much v your jet has and how high you want them.
Make a U out of them (with 3 diffrent pices) and cut and contour and glass them to the floor.Make sure they are level on top and cut to fit the shapes of the hull.
Then use Angle alum bolted to the sides of the U wood seat mount to mount the seats to.
This will be really strong and not have lagbolts to rot out and give you a nice place to stuff things under the seat.
[_] [_] front seat mounts
Jake