PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Old Guys! What Tv Show?

TIMINATOR
02-18-2005, 07:52 AM
I remember as a kid, watching a TV show and the intro had a jetboat running through (I think) the Everglades and at the end of it he comes right at the camera and hits the reverse gate and throws up a BIG wall of water at the camera. Anybody remember the show? location? name of the show? kind of boat? Thats what made me want a jetboat many years later..... of course with my first jet (a 1975 Taylor SS w/455 Olds) in 1976, I had to try that! Nearly sunk the boat nose first! That was a lot of years, and a lot of boats ago. Don't know why I just thought of it now either. I think the show name was "SURFSIDE 6", a detective-type show. Kind of the precursor to Miami Vice? C'mon old guys! Anybody remember it? or try the stunt? :cool: TIMINATOR

oldbuck40
02-18-2005, 08:02 AM
i remember the show but i'll be damn if i can think of the name of it! and i too had a 75 ss 455 and have also driven the nose under water! one time i had a small fish on the bow as a result!!!

Back To Havasu
02-19-2005, 01:54 PM
I think you are right about the name. It was one of those Warner Bros. TV detective shows they brought out after their others at the time (77 Sunset STrip, & Hawaiian Eye).. Three detectives live on a houseboat tied to a dock, and use that early Hamilton Jet (I think) to chase bad guys and babes. I was a kid then too, but I watched the show for the water/babe scenes.

manuel
02-20-2005, 12:31 PM
http://www.crazyabouttv.com/Images/surfside6.jpg
Surfside 6 Cast:
Van Williams .............. Ken Madison
Troy Donahue .............. Sandy Winfield II
Lee Patterson ............. Dave Thorne
Diane McBain .............. Daphne DeWitt Dutton
Margarita Sierra .......... Cha Cha O'Brien
Richard Crane ............. Lieutenant Gene Plehan
Donald "Red" Barry ........ Lieutenant Snedigar
Mousie Garner ............. Mousie