PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember Continentals Pub Flights to Hawaii/Asia?

Flying Tiger
02-18-2005, 04:45 PM
For a while Continental ran Pubflights to Hawaii and Asia.
The upper section of the 747 usually had the bar/pub.
What a party.
Always teriffic, great Tiki bar atmosphere, and the drinks were inclusive on my ticket.
If I recall correctly, they usually had a prime rib going too. Music, flower lei fragrances. The seat belt sign went off then the bars pulse was on fire.
The only time I'd take a different airline other than the excellent Singapore Air Lines was if it was a pub flight.
Anyone remember the awsum Pub flights?

HCS
02-18-2005, 04:46 PM
No. :frown:

ChumpChange
02-18-2005, 04:47 PM
No

AZKC
02-18-2005, 04:51 PM
Had the pleasure of enjoying the lounge a couple of times flying over on United with my pops, and it was even better that it was free :crossx: he's retired from United now but I still got the hook up. But I'm sick of airports now adays :yuk:

UltraLucky
02-18-2005, 04:52 PM
I got bumped one year from another airline and ended up on Continental it was not a 747 but they did have the bar/pub between first class and coach.
It was pretty cool. Made the flight go a hole lot quicker.. sitting at the bar BSing with other passengers. Do any other airlines still do this?

Flying Tiger
02-18-2005, 05:05 PM
The 747 had tons of jumpseats for off duty employees to use.
Usually they made it to the pub after take off and could those girls drink.
i remember walking into the inflight pub, several were already started and they handed me my first Mimosa.
I was single and living in Redondo Beach at the time. Many of the girls lived nearby.
Made some good relationships with many of them on those flights.
In those days the girls had to be trim and attractive to keep their jobs.
They didnt make a lot of money, so free trips and a free bar was something they took advantage of.
The stories are starting to come back to me. Dipped my wick in some fine girls.
All different today.